Chapter 8 - To the hotel. [Part 2]

I'm in Love with a Fangirl

RECAP

"Okay. Let's eat now." Their mom said, signaling the girls to stand up. As they stood up, they entered the room with happiness and entered the dining room, sat down together and ate with joy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Oh, gosh! Minjee look at this, have you been reading the news?!”, Minyoung screamed as she stormed into her sister’s room with her laptop. The song 'Juliette' was booming through Minjee’s speakers, making her deaf from her sister’s words. Minyoung put down her laptop on Minjee’s bed and thudded her from behind.

“Yah! Pay attention!”

Minjee rubbed her head slightly and decreased the volume; making her miss Jonghyun’s line in the song. Turning her chair around to face her sister, she put on a stale and annoyed face; she doesn’t like it when people disturb her SHINee time.

“Speak.”

“I’ll ignore that completely disrespecting tone and shriek with you as you read this.”, Minyoung took her laptop and brought it up to Minjee’s face. Her eyes scrunched together from the instant light from the monitor hitting her face. As her eyes were adapting to the light, she slowly read the headline saying...

SHINee to hold a fan meeting

Last May, we reported that SHINee will publicly spoil their comeback. And it was reveal that they will have their press conference here in Seoul.

Lately, SM Entertainment's representative stated "In addition to their anticipated comeback, SM Entertainment's Lee Sooman stated that SHINee will give out more information about their new genre style and their album concept throughout the press conference. But the reporters promised SHINee and us that they will not spread the information about their comeback unless the public spoiling will be over."

For more information, SHINee's press conference will take place at Seoul Hoteltomorrow at 4PM KST.

“WHAT?!”, Minjee exploded, making her jump off from her chair.

“Read the rest of it! Read the rest of it!”, Minyoung exclaimed hitting Jisun repeatedly.

Minyoung watched her sister read religiously. Slowly she began to scroll down and down and down to the bottom of the page until Minji finally have her jaw-dropping moment. Minjee looked up to her sister with gleaming eyes full of hope and anticipation. Her sister’s eyes had the same look and began nodding unintentionally until they broke out to a scream giving an earthquake in the house.

“OH MY GOSH! MINYOUNG! DO-DO-DO YOU KNOW WHERE IT IS?!”

“YES! YES I KNOW! I LOVE DAD SO MUCH FOR PICKING THE SAME HOTEL AS SHINEE DID!”

“I can’t believe I didn’t read this sooner!”

“I know, I didn’t catch the news either. I spent three hours just catching up and BAM!”

“It’s tomorrow eh?”

“Yeah, they should be there tonight then right?! Maybe we’ll meet them!”

“Oh come on, what are the odds...”


Finally reaching Seoul Hotel, Minyoung, Minjee and their mother stepped out of the car and began pulling their luggage. The pair of sisters could not stop smiling widely as they walked through the lobby keeping their eyes open for any SHINee-ness they could spot, even a strain of hair. As they enter their room, Minjee’s shoulder dropped along with her smile in disappointment. She jumped on her hotel bed and began her vague calculation of the possibility of meeting SHINee. Minjee                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        sighed in frustration and slowly drifted to sleep.


“Is the cost clear hyung?”, Taemin whispered into Minho’s ears as Minho peeped through the tiny space made by the lowered down window.

“Think so, I don’t see any Shawols out there...”, Minho responded.

“Can we get out now?”, Key whined from the back of the van; obviously annoyed by his two dongsaengs. “I don’t like to stay in here for so long!”

“We just want to be sure hyung, I don’t want us to be stampeded by a bunch of fans-“

Minho’s worrisome sentence was cut off by the van’s door being opened widely by a slightly shorter figure in shades.

“Dude, it’s all good. Now let Key escape and go up to our room.”, Jonghyun scolded 2Min sitting together in one seat; squeezed in together. Key pushed them out the door and jumped off the vehicle. The members of SHINee had arrived at Seoul Hotel. They grabbed their luggage and went to the lobby in a fast pace.

“Hello there, we booked a room under the name Kibum, Kim.”, Onew said with a smile; though it wasn’t visible under his face mask.

“You used my name hyung?”, Key asked in astonishment.

“Well Kibum is a common name; I was being careful to avoid any creepy fans who would possibly track us down to that extent. I couldn’t put Key could I? They would think I was playing around or something...”, he explained.

“Here you go sir, room 121, enjoy your stay!”

“Thank you.”, Onew replied with a smile. “Let’s go up my dear dongsaengs.”

“Hyung, it’s been a while since we stayed at a hotel like this eh?”, Taemin asked clinging onto Onew as they step into the elevator. Onew observed the nicely designed ceiling and grand railings. His eyes fell onto the side of the elevator showing his reflection. He didn’t notice how he was smiling. He knew how his fans refer to him having one of the best smiles SHINee, but he had never seen him smile like he did just then-

“Hyung?”, Taemin asked again.

“Do we have WiFi here?”, Onew asked back.

“We should have, you brought your laptop?”, Jonghyun answered.

“Of course I did!”

“Gee I wonder whyyyyyyy.”, all of them sarcastically stretched their statements making Onew scoff nervously.

Finally the elevator stopped displaying level 12. Onew stepped out first and leaded them through the hallway; focusing on the numbers on the door and watching out for ‘121’. His head moved from right to left alternately. He stopped in front of 121 and began unlocking.

“Enter, my fellow members.”, he said formally with a bow acting formally.

“Thank you my good man.”, Minho tip of his hat.

“Sorry, I don’t give tips...”, Key said with an attitude as he entered the room. Onew let out a laugh and watched them settle in. Noticing the magnae missing, he went a meter down the hallway to help Taemin with his struggling luggage.

“Thanks hyung, I got it!”, Taemin thanked him and went into the room. Onew finally picked up his luggage and was about to enter the room when suddenly he heard sounds of shrieks from a room nearby. In fact, all of SHINee heard them and paused from their positions and looked out the door.

“You don’t think...”, Minho broke the silence.

“That we have some Shawols on this floor?”, Key finished his sentence with an astonished face.

“Let’s not worry too much, it’s tomorrow anyway...” Onew said trying to regain their calmness. He shot them a convincing smile and they began to jump around to room again. Onew sighed in relief and pushed his bags in. Before closing the door he saw the room in front and paused for a brief moment reading the room number ‘120’.

“What do we do now Jinki?”, Jonghyun asked as he unpacked his many boxers.

“Nothing, we can chill here until tomorrow. As for me, I’m going on the internet.”, Onew said opening his laptop case and opened it. Entering the World Wide Web, he clicked the first tab on his Google Chrome’s most visited websites; SHINeeForever. He logged in as SHINeeJinki and grinned in eagerness hoping to see Minjee online. Immediately he entered the chat room and began scanning for a specific user name.

There she is! you-

you: JINKI!

Onew smiled widely and mentally thanked the hotel for having WiFi.

SHINeeJinki: MINJEE! MINJEE HEY!
you: Where have you been?!
SHINeeJinki: Here and there, finally settling down in a hotel room. What have you been doing? I kinda miss you.
you: I’ve been missing you too! I’m in a hotel too, just woke up from a slumber. I slept like an hour. :/ And then my sister opened up the repeat of SBS Gayo Daejun, we screamed when SHINee came on!
SHINeeJinki: Wohoaa! Really? What coincidence! What hotel are you in btw?
you: I’m at Seoul Hotel. Yes, yes, I know, the same hotel SHINee will be having the fan meeting! I’m so excited! I hope I get to see them in person.

Onew stared at his computer screen completely frozen. His fingers stayed on the keyboard and his jaw began to drop.

She’s here?!

youJinki? Are you still there?

Onew shook off his shock and began to type in his reply; he knew he couldn’t waste any more time. Especially since his schedule was free at the moment. All he could think of was the chance of meeting Minjee right then.

SHINeeJinkiI’m here, I’m here. Hey, who knows, you might be on the same floor as them! Lucky you!

He laughed at his little role play; feeling what it was like to act as an excited Shawol.

youUnless they’re staying on the 12th floor, then yes, I’m very lucky! But I don’t know, the hotel is quite big, they could be anywhere :(
SHINeeJinkiWhich bedroom number? Maybe I, as the real Onew could visit you!
youAs if! I’m in room 120, there you go. Come visit me Onew of SHINee! I hope to see you outside my bedroom door!
SHINeeJinkiI’ll grant that wish for you. ;)

Minjee burst out laughing at how silly and cheesy Jinki was being. Suddenly she heard a knock from outside.

“Minjee, could you get that? I’m kinda busy at the moment.”, Minyoung shouted from the bathroom.

Without knowing SHINeeJinki was standing right outside her door, Minjee walked towards it without a care thinking it was her mum back from exploring the hotel.

I wonder how Minjee looks like! I’m finally going to meet her!

Slowly she opened the door without looking through the peephole; revealing a man that looked too familiar to Minjee.

“MINJEE!”, the man spoke in bewilderment and hugged her tightly without thinking. Minjee was shocked to see Onew, the leader of SHINee to be hugging her at that very moment.

“Wow, you're so tall and so cute! I wanna pinch you!”, and so he did. His pinching suddenly brought her back to reality where she thought of the odds of Onew pinching and hugging her randomly. Onew waited for her reaction and suddenly thought of him being in Minjee’s shoes –metaphorically seeing she wasn’t wearing any shoes.

Onew snapped out of his little excitement and it finally occurred to him the fact that Minjee doesn't know that he was actually SHINeeJinki from the forum. Of course she could’ve known days before when she was dressed up to meet him but she would never expect to discover when she was in her morning hair and face in the afternoon with her crumpled shirt outside her hotel room.

“Right, you didn’t know it was me...”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

crufjeff here. As you all know school has started and I haven't been able to update any of my stories as much. But hey lookie, I've updated. So yeah. Wee.

 

Subscribers + Comments = ♥