Chapter 6 - 12 missed calls.

I'm in Love with a Fangirl

RECAP

So Minjee closed the tab and closed her laptop. She immediately went downstairs to eat breakfast. But for Onew, he posted something very unexpected...

SHINeeJinkiMinjee, you don't know how much I admire you.. The way you treat me here in this chatbox, it's very nice. See you tomorrow, crazy fangirl. :))

SHINeeJinki signed off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixing his hair near to perfection, Jonghyun was admiring himself in the mirror. Suddenly he saw a figure creeping in the hallway. 

“Hyung! Where are you going?!”, he nearly shouted at his leader. 

“You’re never early when we get ready, and the way you’re walking looks really suspicious to me...”, he kept his eyes on Onew’s reflection.

“Eh? Ohh I’m-“

“-and what are you wearing? Aren’t we suppose to wear the sponsored jackets we got last night?”, he commented again with eyes narrowed examining Onew’s dressing.

“Why? Are we going somewhere?” 

“Hyung! Wait, are YOU going somewhere?”, Jonghyun finally turned around and pointed at the staircase just beside his bedroom door which seemed to be the direction he was going to. Silenced filled the room. Onew looked around the room and back to Jonghyun with a dumbfounded pout. Noticing the slightly posh bedroom suits Jonghyun very much; what’s more, using it as a distraction from telling of his real destination. Jonghyun’s finger was still pointing at the direction of the exit; staring at Onew.

“We have that photo shoot remember? We’re dressing at home? The manager’s crazy idea of having to break into the clothes before posing with them? Remember?”

“Ahh... Which one is that again?”, without another word from Onew, Jonghyun pushed him back through his bedroom door a few feet back. Onew was pushed down onto his bouncy queen sized bed; thinking of his situation. Jonghyun rummaged through Onew’s closet trying to find the clothes they were given the day before. Jonghyun mumbled randomly as he pushed away jacket after jacket. 

“Why do you have so many anyway...”, he drifted off.

“Wait,  Jonghyun. I can’t go”, he finally said.

“And why not? We’re all supposed to go-“

“I have... a date today.”, he blushed at the word and looked down on his mattress. From afar Jonghyun could see Onew’s cheeks lifting up and turning pink. Against his light green wall and brown hair, his dimples were noticeable and so were his white teeth showing his extensive smile.

“WHAT?!”, he finally exploded. 

“Don’t get mad! It’s partially part of ‘work’ too! It’s someone from the SHINee forum! The one I talked to you guys about”

“You mean that you... Something you told us?”

you, her name is Minjee. Cute name right?”, he blushed again not being able to keep his face upwards to face Jonghyun.

“Uhh... Does she know it’s you? As in YOU, SHINee’s leader, Lee Jinki, Onew?"

“I don’t think so. I think I’m just another user to her. She hated me at first actually. I mean, SHINee, Jinki me. But BECAUSE of me –SHINeeJinki, SHINeeForever forum me-, she started liking... ME!” 

“She’s weird. Don’t go. Now get dressed.”, he threw the jacket he finally found after digging around Onew’s unorganized closet.

“But it’s an SM thing is it not? Can’t I be excused?”, he pleaded . Ironically, he’s the leader to Jonghyun and yet he was asking for advice.

“The thing just started anyway. I mean, it could happen at any time-“

“-anytime, EXACTLY! Can’t it be today?”

“Anytime, EXACTLY! It can be any day. And today, there would be an excuse not to go. Plus we were called for the photo shoot a week before we started appearing in the forum.”, finally he walked away leaving Onew disappointed. 


Minjee’s laptop was left closed the whole morning but her closet wasn’t. Walking back and forth from the mirror back to her closet, she tried on every possible pair of clothing that would look perfect on her. 

No, definitely not the green blouse!

She debated in her mind whether to wear jeans or a pair of shorts. Her clean SHINee shrine of a room was soon filled with her attires everywhere. 

“OH! I GOT IT!”

She slipped in her chosen attire and had other dilemmas with her shoes, bag, scarf and the list goes on. Her house clock didn’t even chime for twelve yet; addressing the arrival of the afternoon but already she was starting to get ready for her meeting. 

“Minjee Want some branch?!” Her sister Minyoung asked from downstairs.

“I’m not eating! I’m meeting someone around three!”

“A friend?”

“Yeah, someone from the SHINee forum.”, she yelled back. Sudden stomps could be heard; getting louder and louder, with vibrations to match. In another split second, Minjee’s bedroom door was slammed open; loudly, with a bang.

“Is it SHINee?!”, she shouted even though her sister was just a meter away.

“No, his name is SHINeeJinki, a user there.”

“Jinki is ONEW, as in their leader?”

“Oh come on, even though I used to hate him, I still knew his real name. Of course he wouldn’t be so dumb to put up his own name. WITH ‘SHINee’ at the side too!”, Minjee burst out laughing. “I think it’s just another Onew fan..”, she continued to try on her series of bags to see which one goes with her outfit –no, not the purple sling bag-

“Hmm.. I guess that would be pretty stupid of Onew! But he IS very silly you know!”

“Yes I know...”

“Wait... have you been...researching on him?”

And so begins the teasing of the ex anti of Onew. Even all her posters and merchandises were rubbed off the (X)s. Yes, Minjee had converted to an Onew fan. Being an overprotective fan she was, she used to stick to her ground with her perspective about ‘Mr. Lonely’. But no longer had she felt that way. Thanks to SHINeeJinki from SHINeeForever that is.


“Hyung, what’s wrong?”, Minho asked Onew. “You’ve been so quiet since we started the shooting.”

“Glum even.”, Taemin continued and sat on Minho’s lap playfully.

“I was supposed to meet someone today. I didn’t even get to say it was cancelled, she didn’t go online at all..”, he answered with his head down in a tone that wasn’t like Onew at all. Both Taemin and Minho looked at each other full of worrisome and back at their leader.

“The girl from the chat room?”, Minho asked carefully.

“She probably didn’t go online because she was busy getting ready to meet you.”, a random staff who appeared to be eavesdropping said suddenly. All of SHINee members shot him an angered look causing him to flee out of their dressing room.

“He’s probably right. I’m in deep trouble!”, he cried out bringing his hands to his face. 

“Hyung must really like this girl, I’ve never seen him so disappointed...”, Taemin whispered to Minho.

“Yes, I like her”, he confessed. “I may know her only a little through the web, but I can’t help it. I like her. Like... her...” 

The members stood silent on the leather couch. Key stood up and placed an arm around Onew’s shoulder.

“She sounds pretty special. And if she’s as nice as you told us, I’m sure it’s alright if you simply apologized and explain.”, Key comforted him with an encouraging smile; switching his nagging and noisy diva self off.

“Yeah hyung. Besides, the forum was the only way for you guys to communicate right?”, Jonghyun supported putting his hand on his friend’s lap. Meanwhile in the chicken-crazed mind of Lee Jinki, a mental visualization punch was given to him by the last question from Jonghyun. With eyes bulging, he brought his head up with a crooked smile forming.

“We... exchanged numbers...”, he mumbled. Key’s comforting smile froze –seeing like a tight smile all of a sudden-. Jonghyun’s jaw dropped along with Taemin’s while Minho’s face turned furious.

“What...?”, Key said still smiling in a creepy manner.

“MY PHONE IS WITH THE MANAGER!”, Onew ran off from his chair, hurting both Jonghyun and Key’s hands that were there for comfort now in slight pain.

“AND I THOUGH FOR ONCE WE WERE FEELING SORRY FOR YOU!”

“YOU’RE STILL THE DUMB LEADER!”

“HOW IS HE A LEADER ANYWAY?!”, their screaming could be heard through the whole building; furious at their shallow-minded member –leader- being the way he is. Onew didn’t care. He ran and ran to find his manager. It was always a normal matter for the manager to be holding on to their cell phones during photo shoots. Not wanting their social life to disturb their work. Especially something as formal as photo shoots. Turning a corner, he fell down. And same goes at the next corner.

“HYUNG!”, he shouted at the top of his lungs breathing heavily but with his dorky yet charming smile still on his sweaty face; slamming into the cafeteria where his manager was. 

Checking on his phone, Onew’s facial expression completely changed.

12 missed calls from Minjee...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


“Oh no...”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello readers! crufjeff here! This is my first chapter here on I'm In Love with a Fangirl. To be honest I was really, REALLY careful with this chapter. Because well, you guys were originally the readers of ShawolSone06, and I'm this newbie writing a whole chapter alone for you guys to read. Nevertheless, enjoyed it. My first time writing about Onew too! Hope you guys liked it. Comment and whatever, 
some constructive criticism I don't mind.

Subscribers + Comments = ♥