Chapter 22 - Preparations, part 1

I'm in Love with a Fangirl

RECAP

SHINeeJinki [block] at 9-4-2011 21:30:07 says: Aww. :( Okay. Good night, Minjee. ♥

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Hey, Minjee~ Or should I say 'you'. So, I guess you're the lucky one, THE lucky fangirl, who was able to... to..."

Onew shook his head, scribbling over what he just wrote with a pen. Drawing squiggles and wavy lines, he said, "Damn it. How am I going to do this?" He dropped the pen on top of the paper, together with his head. He grunted as he felt his cheekbone touch the table and felt irritated at the same time. He didn't know what to say nor didn't know what to write. He just sighed and stared blankly in midair.

A few minutes after, somebody entered the room. He looked at Onew, who was now sleeping, and studied his face. He must be tired from writing. He peered through the small opening made by his arms to see if he's sleeping soundly. To his care, he gently shook him. "Hyung?" He quietly asked, shaking his shoulders. No response was made. Once again, he tried. "Hyuuung?" This time, he shook his shoulders a bit harder. The guy heard a small groan from the sleeping tofu and thought that maybe he was awake. And so he was. The once sleeping tofu was now rubbing his eyes, trying to make his vision clear.

"Oh, hey Taemin," he said, his voice a bit husky and rough.

Taemin looked at him and gave him a sigh. "Oh, I bought you some snacks, since I knew you'd be here." He placed the box of donuts on top of the table, along with a cup of coffee.

He bowed his head slightly, thanking him for the small offering. "So, what brings you here?"

"I just wanted to check up on you, since it's a bit late already," the maknae shrugged.

"Late?" He scrunched his brows, a bit confused. "What time is it already?"

Taemin fixed his sleeve and checked his wrist watch. "The time now is 11:41pm. Brought to you by Lee Taemin enterprises," he laughed.

"11:41pm? And the concert's 2 weeks from now. How can I even finish this?" He sighed as he got a donut from the box.

Taemin looked at the paper and he seemed amused at how dirty his hyung's work looked. In order to help him, he grabbed a piece of paper and got the pen from him and wrote something. Onew was staring at him as the tip of the pen glided on the paper. A few seconds later, Taemin closed the pen with a cap and gave the paper to him.

"Here, hyung. This might help you," he smiled. Afterwards, he walked off the room.

"What's this...?" Onew asked himself, blinking at the titles on the paper. "Enchanted by Taylor...Swift?" His eye twitched. "He actually listens to her songs?" He nodded instead and continued reading the list.

 

search the lyrics!!!

* exo - angel (great song tbh \m/)
* taylor swift - enchanted (don't be so shocked, ok -.-)
* suju - from u
* after school - when i fall
* brown eyed soul - promise you (just read the message...)

 


"I promise you, I promise you, I won't leave you..."

Onew placed the pen down with a 'bam', turned around, facing the beds, and exclaimed, "DONE!"

His booming voice awakened the members who were sleeping inside the room. Jonghyun rubbed his eyes in irritation and told him to quiet down while Minho placed his pillow on top of his head, grunting. On the other hand, Key was sleeping soundly with his earphones and his eyemask on. Taemin sat up from his bead and stared at his hyung with his hair all messed up. "Are you done, hyung?" He asked with his voice so unclear.

"I'm finally finished with it, Taemin~" he said with happiness, holding out the paper with a lot of words written on it.

"That's great to hear hyung," he smiled and nodded sleepily. "I guess you can go to sleep now. We still have a busy schedule a few hours later," he continued, lying down again with the bed sheet on top of him.

Onew turned back to the table and placed down the paper. He re-read the message he just wrote and smiled to himself. This will be great. Wait 'til I see you, Minjee.

 

 

The room was filled with 5 boys sleeping qiuetly. Jonghyun was sleeping casually. Minho still had the pillow on top of his head. Key's eyemask wasn't on his eyes anymore, and his earphones traveled down to his feet. Taemin didn't have the bed sheets on him anymore as his body filled the space of his own bed. And as for Onew, he was sleeping on top of his folded arms on the table since he was too lazy to make his bed. All of them were sleeping well, until...

"WAKE UP, LITTLE BOYS!" Their manager rushed in the room, his arms opened wide and his face filled with joy. He looked around and saw that no one responded to him. He placed his hands on his hips and eyed the boys. "It's 7:25am, guys. You guys don't wanna be late for your practice." Still, none of them made a single move. He siddenly had a plan in mind. He knew that Taemin was the most obedient among the boys. Plastering a smile on his face, he said, "There's banana milk for breakfast. I wonder if I can share this with anyone~" emphasizing the word 'banana milk.' 

"Banana milk-eu!" Taemin jolted up from his bead, his eyes opening wide like D.O's. He looked around and saw that their manager's now cackling like a kid. "Nice prank, hyung," he laughed ever so slightly, rolling off to Onew's bed to get up. (a/n: They share a room, jsyk. ㅋㅋ) Being the so-called nice maknae that he is, he went up his side of the double-decker bed and woke up Jonghyun. Coming down from the bed, he went to the other side to wake up his other hyungs, Minho and Key. Everyone went down from their bed and fixed themselves.

"Taemin-ah, let's go," manager hyung said as the three other boys exited the room.

"Ahh, I'll just follow. I'll just wake hyung up," Taemin nodded.

“Alright, but make it quick.”

Taemin nodded as their manager went out of the room, following the other three. He walked to the table where Onew was sleeping on. He tapped his shoulder lightly, whispering, “Hyung? It’s time to eat.”

In one touch, he raised his head, yawned, stretched his arms, and rubbed his eyes. “What time is it?”

“It’s time for breakfast and it’s also time to practice.”

“What, already?” He frowned while scratching his head.

“Stop whining, hyung. We gotta go,” he said, helping him stand up and pushing him out of the room.

 

The breakfast table was full of the boy’s favourite meals: Onew had fried chicken with water, Jonghyun had ham and egg with orange juice, Key had chocolate Belgian waffles with caramel macchiato, Minho had a club sandwich with mango shake, and Taemin had bacon sandwich with banana milk.

“Eat for about 45 minutes, get dressed afterwards, and we’ll proceed to your first schedule, which is your concert rehearsal,” their manager said, taking a sip of his freshly-brewed coffee.

“W-wait. We have more schedules after this?” Minho reacted, a bit surprised.

“You’ll be with Younha, 2 hours after the rehearsal, for Starry Night FM.”

“Hope we can survive this day,” Jonghyun laughed, drinking from the glass of orange juice.

“You guys will. I guess all of you had enough sleep last night, yes?” Their manager looked at everyone who was now coughing except for Onew. “Okay… Anyway, about the rehearsal today, we’ll –“

“We’ll practice our solo performances, right?” Taemin asked.

“That’s what I was about to say,” he looked at Taemin, raising his brows. “Onew, you’d need to sing ‘Nessun Dorma’. Jonghyun, you’d sing your own rendition of ‘Girls’ by Wheesung.” He saw that Jonghyun pumped his fist secretly, but happily. He nodded and focused his attention to Key. “Key, you’d perform ‘My First Kiss’ with Krystal.”

“Oh, uhm, may I be excused?” He stood up without anyone’s permission and grabbed his cellphone on top of the table. He quickly searched for Krystal’s number and made a phone call. “Krystal, hey~ About our duet…” He drifted off, making his way back to their room.

“Okay again…” Their manager scratched his head. “And for Taemin, to show off your manly side, you’d perform ‘Romeo+Juliette’ as a solo singer.”

“Without my hyungs? How can I sing that alone?” Taemin began to worry.

“Don’t worry. The instrumental of the song contains the original background vocals already.”

“Hyung, about my solo…” Onew shyly raised his hand, trying to interrupt the conversation. Their manager turned his head to him. “I’d like to, uhh, add something to my solo performance. I’d like to do send a message to…to you-know-who…” He moved his hand in a circular motion, as if their manager knew what he’s talking about.

Luckily, he knew what Onew was talking about. In response, he said, “Well, have you planned a message to her?”

Onew nodded, scratching his nape sheepishly. Key butted in the conversation by coming back from the room and saying, “That was the reason why he’s the last one to sleep last night.”

“You slept late last night for that? Are you still okay?” Their manager leaned forward, his elbows resting on the table.

Onew insisted, grabbing the chicken leg from his plate and munching on it like a little kid.

“Maybe hyung can send his message by the end of the concert, along with the acknowledgements.” Minho took the glass of mango shake and drank from it, looking at their manager from the top of the cup.

“Good idea,” their manager nodded. “I’m pretty sure the fans would love to hear a good ol’ letter.”

Onew just smiled at everyone as they were having their own conversation with each other. Everything was going as he’s planned in his mind.


Hooray for another update~ \O/
How're you all, my lovely subbies?
HAHAHA. D'you know how much I missed updating this fic?
Ghad, it's like... Idk. I've been busy lately. :(
But I promise to update this as quick as I can so that I can end this thing, aslkdaslkdj

 

I commenti e gli abbonati sono amati~ ♥