Chapter 13 - Hello, again.

I'm in Love with a Fangirl

RECAP

"Minjee?!" Onew screamed inside his mind.

-----------------------------------

"Jang Minjee? Alright, I'll take note of that.", the nurse said, listing down her name. Not being able to walk to the other side, Minjee shyly gestured her hand to Onew, telling him to come beside her. Since she thought that Onew is an idol, she wouldn't think that he would be that snobby and cold to his fans.

"What's the matter?", Onew asked, sitting beside her.

"Well, I just don't know if I'm gonna be alright or not.", she answered.

"Don't worry. I know everything will be alright.", he said, comforting her while patting her back. From the words that came right out of Onew's mouth, Minjee's face brightened and by that, her frown turned into a smile that made Onew smile, too.

"Okay, next patient.", the doctor said. "Uhm... Jang Minjee?"

"Come on, let's go.", Onew whispered, helping her stand up. As she stood up, Onew felt that Minjee was having a hard time walking so he continued to help her. Bringing her in front of the doctor, Onew asked him, "Doctor, please take good care of her."

"Don't worry. I'll just check her ankle with the x-ray machine and I'll just inform you about her status." the doctor said, fixing his reading glasses.

-----------------------------------

 

“See, that wasn’t too bad, right?”, Onew asked Minjee as he pushed the door of the clinic open for her with his left arm out to support her walking.

“I suppose so... At least a sprain is better than losing a foot.”, she answered and awkwardly touching Onew’s arm.

“You okay?”, Onew asked again after a few steps of silence.

“Yeah, I just... I can’t believe out of all places for me to trip like that I had to do it in front of the whole of SHINee. What’s more Lee Taemin helped me up and now you’re here. It’s not really how I imagined my first fan meeting with you guys!”, she let out.

“It was fine! And besides, that wasn’t your first meeting with me. Remember the hotel room?”, Onew asked again with a soft giggle.

“I try not to! I was such a mess then!”, she answered laughing along covering her face with the palm of her hand with her wide embarrassed smile still noticeable by Onew; not taking his eyes off it.

“You looked beautiful.”, Onew assured her bringing his face in front of hers, making them stop at a junction. Minjee paused her walking and looked at Onew, having a hard time meeting his alluring gaze.

“Hey, do you want to get an ice cream with me?”, he asked, finally making her look at him directly.

“Sure! A good cup of vanilla ice cream sounds really calming right now!”, she said.

“Vanilla it is then!”, Onew helped her turn a corner where an ice cream parlour stood looking tempting.

Onew and Minjee took their seat outside the parlour where they ate their ice creams chatting lightly. With occasional laughter coming from Minjee, making Onew feel better every single time her soft giggle enters his ears. How he was happy that her laughter was able to counter her little accident. Onew’s phone suddenly rang giving a small jolt to the man before he dug into his pocket to answer.

“Oh hyung-“, Onew stopped his sentence as his manager speaks. Minjee continued eating her vanilla ice cream as Onew listened in silence.

After a minute of silence, Onew lowered his phone and ended the call. His eyes looked up slowly to Minjee as she was putting another spoon of ice cream into ; making a small bit of it stick onto her bottom lip without her noticing. Onew picked up his tissue and wiped it off her soft lips. Minjee froze from the sudden touch from him.

Onew then matched her reaction and noticed how he wasn’t in position to act like he was. Suddenly remembering the phone call, Onew put down his tissue and slowly looked around him. From his observation, it appeared to be quite a number of people were staring at them. Some looked away upon realising his gaze.

Again, his phone vibrated in his hand signalling a call. He disconnected the incoming call and stared at Minjee.

“What’s wrong?”, she asked focusing on Onew instead of her ice cream.

“I uhh... I have to go.”, he said briefly with much hesitation.

“Ohh, umm, okay then. Thank you for the ice cream and for helping me out!”, she said with a smile.

“Your leg! I should send you home, you can’t possibly walk all the way wherever your house is!”, he sounded surprised.

“It’s okay, you’re busy! I’ll call someone. I’ll be fine!”, she said nodding convincingly.

“But-“, his worrisome tone was cut off by his phone ringing again. He disconnected it again, gripping on it tight.

“Go! Thank you!”, she said again.

“I’ll... This won’t be the last time we get to see each other okay?”, Onew said staring deep into her eyes.

“Okay then.”

“I- I- I’m sorry!”, said Onew shaking his head side to side in disbelief. Onew stood up from his seat and began walking fast out of the premise.

“Thank you... SHINee’s Onew...”, Minjee whispered under her breath as she watches Onew turn a corner. 

______________________________________

Crufjeff here! My first update in a while. I was sitting for an examination, that explains my short absence! Hope you enjoyed it!

 

Subscribers + Comments = ♥