Chapter 24 - Coming near

I'm in Love with a Fangirl

RECAP

"A-already? Arasseo, arasseo," Onew replied as he idly shoved the paper he was holding inside his pocket. He stood up and wobbled up to the stage, preparing for his turn to practice.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Banner? Check."

 

"Lightstick? Check."

 

"Bag? Check."

 

"Ticket?" Minjee looked around. Where's my ticket? She fished through the pockets of her backpack and realized that the ticket to the concert was missing. "Where did I put my ticket?!" She dropped her bag on top of her bed and walked to her study desk. She pulled out the drawers and scanned everything inside, but no ticket was found. She cried worriedly and walked to the bookshelf to see if she had used the ticket as a bookmark. To her dismay, the ticket was not in between the books that she had read either. How am I suppose to go to the concert now?

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. After two knocks or three, Minjee walksed away from the bookshelf and was greeted by Minyoung's face. "Can I enter?"

Minjee stepped out of the way, making the door open wider for her sister to enter. Minyoung looked around and was astonished seeing drawers disconnected from the slots, papers scattered all around the floor, and her bed looking like an ocean of trash. Her face plastered a face of disappointment because, compared to her younger sister, she didn't want her room to look like a dumpster. Confused, she turned to her sister and held out a hand, showing her the trash all around. "What are these, Minjee?"

"Oh, err..." Minjee scratched the back of her head, a little bit embarrassed. "I was just, uhm, trying to look for my—"

Minyoung cut her off as she held up a thick strip of hard paper, fanning it to herself. "Is this what you're looking for?" She looked as her, smiling as if she already knew that she would be a lifesaver.

"Eonni, w-where'd you get t-that?" Minjee's eyes were blinking continuously. Where did she get that?

"I found this on top of the dirty lunch table you left a few minutes ago," she said, chuckling.

Minjee scratched her nape, a bit embarrassed. She had forgotten that she took the ticket with her wherever she went to even when she is out for a morning walk. She took a step forward and gently snatched the ticket from her sister's fingers. "Thanks, eonni."

"Anything for you," Minyoung grinned. "SO, ARE YOU ALL GOOD? We still have to arrive at the stadium early~"

Minjee's eyes suddenly rounded in great shock. "What do you mean 'we'? You're coming as well?"

Her sister then pulled out another ticket from her pocket, waving it happily. "Wouldn't miss the concert for the whole world," she said, winking gleefully.

She never expected her sister to come with her since she never really was into the whole K-pop phenomenon. All that her sister did to her was to introduce SHINee to her life. After all the Super Junior spazzing, she realized that she never thanked her sister for bringing her new happiness and a new meaning of inspiration to her. She gave her sister a hug, whispering, "Thank you, eonni."

Minyoung was taken aback. She her younger sister's back and whispered back, "What for?"

Minjee pulled back and smiled at her sister with honor. "Thank you for introducing me these guys. If you never have introduced them to me, I would've been stuck in the Super Junior fandom forever. I just realized that knowing other groups isn't that bad at all," she chuckled.

"Just trying to be the sister that I am to you." She went to Minjee's bed and fixed her backpack. "And besides, I did more research about the boys and—"

"AND?" Minjee's eyes suddenly turned googly. 

Minyoung shrugged, sitting down on her bed. "I don't know. This guy from SHINee I saw was so...so..." She tapped her chin. "He was so gorgeous! He had such a sharp face. Very seductive, so eye-catching... So—"

"You mean Jonghyun?" Minjee laughed. "I've seen him lots of times already."

"Omo, lucky you! Maybe you can get me to meet him?"

"If I ever have the chance." She sighed in hopelessness, knowing that she would never meet the shining boys of her life again.

 

Minyoung had borrowed the car from their mother and asked permission if she could drive it. Their mother, being the kind mother that she is to her daughters, allowed her to. As the mother bid her goodbye to her kids, the two girls ran off with the car, dashing off to the stadium. 20 minutes have passed, and they were fifty kilometers away from the venue. since the car trip was silent and boring, Minjee pulled out her phone and inserted the audio jack into the radio and into her phone. She went to her music player and visited the "Concert ♥" playlist. All of the songs that SHINee would possibly be performing were part of it. She scanned through the songs and played one of her favorite songs, "Love's Way."

Minyoung, who was busy driving, noticed the familiar voice of Jonghyun, which she fully recognized now. "What's that song, Minjee?"

Minjee slumped back on the chair, smiling. "That's 'Love's Way.' One of the tracks from SHINee's first album."

The chorus was all it took for Minyoung to appreciate the song. "I like the song. I hope they'll sing it during the concert," she said, sighing dreamily.

Minjee laughed at her sister and sang along with the song. As her older sister was swaying her head from side to side, her attention was out of the window. A bus passed by and she noticed that it had a photo of SHINee on it, letting everyone on the streets know that the concert will be held today. She also noticed that many people–fangirls, actually–were walking on the sidewalk since all of them were carrying lighsticks, banners of different colors for their favorite member, and some of them were even wearing crown headbands with SHINee's name on it. And that's why I like how fangirls sport a look.

 

The girls entered the parking lot of the stadium and parked the car near the end of the space. As the car's engine went out, the two of them stepped out of the car, Minjee carrying her fangirl weapons while Minyoung playfully tossing the car keys. She pressed the lock button of the car keys and shoved it inside her pocket.

"Let's go?"

Minjee nodded in reply.

As the girls walked their way to the stadium's entrance, the place was booming with songs from SHINee, including the songs that will be included in their latest album. Minjee felt her heart skip a beat while hearing the voice of Onew from the song. This is it, Minjee. This is it. The two of them lined up together with the other fangirls and patiently waited for them to enter the gate. It was time for Minjee and Minyoung to enter.

The guard by the gate stopped them with his hand extended out and asked, "Name plase?"

Minjee scrunched her brow in confusion. Why would he ask for my name? "Uhm, I'm Jang Minjee. A-and this is my sister Jang Minyoung," she said, seeing her older sister pop her head from behind.

The guard pulled out a ripped piece of paper from his pocket and carefully read it. He looked at the paper and back to the two and shoved back the paper. "One moment please."

Minyoung tapped her sister from behind, but all Minjee could give as a reply was a shrug. She didn't know what was happening, nor she didn't know what was going to happen.

A minute after, the guard pulled out two ID with matching laces and gave them to Minjee. "Please keep this as a secret, but these are two backstage passes and—"

"WAAAH!" Minjee and Minyoung squaled in happiness. They did not expect this to happen since they did not join any contest or any raffle held by the production staff of the concert. "To whom did these pases come from, sir?" Minyoung asked, making her way beside her sister, who looked so startled.

"These passes came from Mr. Jinki," the guard said.

"YOU MEAN ONEW?" Minyoung's eyes widened.

Minjee looked at her sister and smacked the back of her sister's head. "Pabo, aniya~ This came from my friend whose name's Jinki. Am I right, sir?" She looked at the guard, and the guard coughed and nodded at the same time.

The guard smiled and opened the gate for the two to enter. The two bowed deeply to the guard and walked inside the hallway. The two walked carefully inside, looking from side to side. As they spotted the door that they will be entering in, Minyoung stepped in the steps, but was stopped by Minjee, who was busy with her phone.

"Wait! I still have to text Jinki!"

"You're textmates with Onew?!" Minyoung's eyes widened again.

"I told you already, eonni. It's not Onew~" Minjee stomped her foot. "He just has his first name," she said, typing in a message to Jinki.

Jinksters! Are you here already? :D
Sent on September 22 2011 6:51PM

Minyoung was becoming impatient already. She tapped her foot on the floor, her arms folded. "Come on! The concert will start already!" She took Minjee's arm and tugged her inside the steps.

Minjee was making sure that her phone would not fall from her hand. The two had already taken their seats. Minyoung borrowed her sister's banner and held it up high, cheering for her new favorite group. Minjee, who was still holding her phone, was waiting for Jinki to reply. After a good ten minutes, her phone vibrated. She unlocked it and opened the message from Jinki.

Sorry to be a concert crasher, but I won't be attending the concert tonight. TT TT
I have a performance today, and I can't miss it.
Btw, I sold my ticket to my friend.

Sent on September 22 2011 7:01PM

Minjee frowned at the text message and poked her sister's arm. "He's not coming."

"Who? Jinki?" Minyoung looked at her with sad eyes. "Isn't he going to perform with SHINee?"

Minjee was getting irritated at her sister. "For the nth time, eonni, SHE IS NOT ONEW," she sighed in slight frustration.

"I'm just saying~" Minyoung held her hands up high along with the banner. "Who knows? He might be Onew..."

Minjee suddenly thought about it. How could the guard know Jinki? How did he know that the passes were for me? And suddenly, she came into one question: Could Jinki possibly be Onew?


Okay, lame update. ._.
I tried my best, but lol.
I need to finish this thing quickly because it's gonna be a 3-year-old story on October 22. XD

 

Komen dan pelanggan yang disayangi~ ♥