Chapter 11 - Eagerness

I'm in Love with a Fangirl

RECAP

Minjee? Is that you?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minjee’s eyes wandered around the room, feeling slightly awkward to come in when the event had started already. Luckily behind her, who miraculously caught up, was her sister, Minyoung. Holding hands from the excitement, Minyoung stepped in front of Minjee and lead them to a few empty seats. Silence filled the room as the press, SHINee members and Shawols waited for the leader to answer the question. Minjee settled down and began paying attention only to see Onew staring at her while the others staring at him.

 

“Lee Jinki-ssi?”, a reporter asked making Onew snap back to the many eyes on him.

Like the skilled leader he is, Onew answered the half-heard question. Playing his fingers on the table, his gaze kept falling onto Minjee sitting at the furthest row. His responses were slow but he carried out the questions as prepared by their manager. Throughout the whole press conference, Onew couldn’t concentrate and Minjee was still feeling a slight shock from her encounter the night before. She tried concentrating on the other members as well but the stare she felt from a specific member kept distracting her.  

After the third stuttering from Onew, Taemin pinched him under the table. Still looking towards the camera with his perfect smile, yet signalling the leader to concentrate. Onew was taken aback. Not once since he had taken the responsibility as a leader had he ever being signalled by the magnae to do his job properly. He stared at Taemin sitting beside him, and turned his head to the front to answer someone from Epop. For once in the whole day, he felt his power and job was carried out well. How he answered with confidence and a soft smile ended with a small head bow, he felt like the leader of SHINee.



“It’s with great pleasure that I announce today, after a short break, SHINee will be back for a small surprise fan meeting session. So don’t go anywhere Shawols, we’ll be back!”, the manager of SHINee triggered roars and shrieks in the room full of Shawols of both genders.

 “Why so sudden hyung?”, Onew asked their manager.

“We decided to do a small celebration for finding the winner from the forum. Fun yeah?”, he answered while pressing a button and walking off with a phone call.

“Well good to know they’re excited!”, Jonghyun cheered as he stepped down the stage followed by the other members.

Onew stayed on the stage with a small smile forming on his face; he viewed the crowd for a short while, watching the Shawols queuing up to grab complementary drinks. There he spotted Minjee again, being shaken by her sister. He let out a small giggle and joined the others for a break.

 

“Minjee! Isn’t this the best day ever?! I didn’t think we’d get to personally meet them! Yah! Aren’t you excited!?”, Minyoung shrieked into Minjee’s ears.

“Oh, yeah, yeah I am”

“Then let’s go line up! I don’t care about the tea! There’s Taemin! And Minho! And SHINee!”, Minyoung began pulling her into the line.

Minjee was reluctant to go, even though being pushed and pushed by her sister, Minjee was drowned in her own thoughts.

WHAT am I suppose to say when I see Onew?! Does he even remember me? Or was he drunk yesterday for hugging me so suddenly when I’m in my boxers and such?

“Ahh!”, Minjee let out a scream for she was pushed by a stranger.

“Move already!”, she scolded her.

“Wha-?” Minjee turned to her sister.

“They’re out! They’re on the table! Weeee! Are you ready Minjee?”, she asked pointing at the five men settling themselves in their seats.

There was no escaping for Minjee, the number of crowd had increased miraculously, she couldn’t even see the exit sign. Minjee let out a breath in frustration and made herself part of the line by standing properly and facing the trail going towards the table. With only fifteen Shawols in front of her including her sister, she began racing in her head over what was it that she should say in front of Onew. Her mind was blank, nothing came in. Not just worrisome, the Shawol side of Minjee was coming up inside of her, she actually felt ecstatic to be there and meet SHINee. No more seeing them in 2D slapped onto her closet door, she was just a few feet away from actually meeting them in person, in motion. A small smile formed on her face.

On the stage, every time there’s a gap between a fan and another, Onew would check out who the next person in line was. Of course, he was looking for a specific person.

Just a few more fans Minjee, just a few more. Gosh why is Onew sitting at the very first seat?!

“I’m next Minjee!”, Minyoung screamed into her ears.

“Next~”, Onew’s voice chimed, calling the next fan.

Minjee let out a small gasp as her sister stepped in front of Onew, jumping slightly. She began twirling the back of her hair until it actually hurts slightly. Panicking, she didn’t know what to do. She looked up the stage where Onew was looking up from his seat up to Minyoung, with a smile. A sudden heart thud jumped into Minjee as she watched his lips stretching and revealing his white teeth. As he was signing, Minyoung had said something making him laugh. The sound coming out of his mouth gave goose bumps to Minjee. The slightly deep yet soft voice of Lee Jinki lingered into her ears and down to the surface of her bear neck.

Minjee felt a sudden nervousness, bigger than before. Slightly hyperventilating internally too. She kept starring at Onew, answering a phone call and turned his head backwards with his left hand covering his exposed ear. She watched him, in no motion, just her heart beating fast to no end. Every muscle in her body seemed to freeze.

“Yah!”, a scream was heard behind Minjee by a fan, an eager fan. “What the hell is wrong with you? Are you retarded?! SHINee is in front there and you’re here holding up the line. Move already!”.

Just when Minjee was about land her foot on the first step, the eager fan pushed her forward, making her fall on the stage. Her right knee scrapped the floor with the other knee being pressed against the corner of the second step. Her weight pressed on it hard, having that soon-to-be-a-bruise feeling.

“Omo!”, Taemin sitting between Onew and Minho stood up immediately and walked around the table going to the front of the stage. Minho stared at Taemin coming into the rescue while Key was busy attending to Minyoung. Jonghyun sitting at the end of the table, not knowing what’s going on seeing Minyoung was blocking his view.

“Taemin oppaaaaaaaaaaa!!!”, the girl next in line after Minjee screamed. In a split second, Taemin crouched down to the fallen Minjee.

“Gwaenchana?”

“Minjee!”, Minyoung screamed as she noticed Taemin beside her.

Meanwhile on the other side of the table, Onew drifted his attention away from the phone call just when a name was heard.

“Minjee?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crufjeff here. I'm pointing out my name on the poster was spelled wrongly -.- DUH. 

I feel a little weird to end this chapter with Onew questioning like that, I felt like there's no progress from the previous chapter, BUT THERE IS! 

I'd like to appologize to fellow readers, my updates aren't very consistent. School, form 4 is tough but I've cleared that with Ada, aka ShawolSone06. *coughs* I'll try to do a better job as your co-author XD

 

Subscribers + Comments = ♥