Chapter 26 - The SHINee World, pt. 2

I'm in Love with a Fangirl

RECAP

And Jonghyun started to sing out the chorus line from Lucifer in an acapella version, making the Jang sisters' hearts flutter wildly as they knew that this would be the start of an unforgettable night.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Nareul mukkgo gadundamyeon sarangdo mukkin chae/Miraedo mukkin chae keojil su eobtneunde/Ja yurobge biweo nuh go barabwa/Ojik neoman chae ulge, neoman gadeuk chae ulge" Jonghyun's voiced echoed all throughout the stadium, making the fangirls swoon over his perfectly projected voice. He looked at the ocean of glowsicks from left to right; he showed off a right amount of angsty handsomeness for the watchers.

The stadium's lights shut off. The ocean of glowsticks lit brighter as the darkness lingered. Not long after, the sparks from the tubes came shooting out; the stage, together with the back drop, was being illuminated by spotlights behind each transluscent screen. Five spotlights located near the foot of the stage suddenly blasted off light, showing off SHINee once again. Cheers from the fans came louder as the five started performing their new hit single, "Lucifer."

Onew was able to project his voice in a powerful manner. Jonghyun sang perfectly, no doubt. Key became the brightest diva of all. Minho was, as always, charismatic when he was rapping on stage. Taemin, on the other hand, danced as if he was a ballerina dancing gracefully on stage.

SHINee sang to "Lucifer" while showing the unique choreography off to the fans, capturing the eyes of each and every watcher below them. Key and Taemin did exaggeted hip s, while Onew and Jonghyun slightly epitomized good, heavenly voices. Minho rapped away with great charisma, swooning over the hearts of the noonas and the dongsaengs—not to mention the ahjummas.

The song ended quickly, making them earn screams that, if given a chance to measure, would have reached more than a thousand decibels. Their performance didn't stop there; a rock version of "AMIGO" was performed a few seconds after their first song, followed by "Get Down," a rap duet by Key and Minho, and lastly a remix of "The SHINee World."

After a series of powerful performances, the boys took the center stage, picking up the water bottles and the towels near the edge. Taemin clicked the bottle cap open and took a huge gulp from the bottle, gurgling it in his mouth. Jonghyun dabbed the towel against his face, removing the sweat produced by immense dancing and singing. Minho held the bottle tightly, stretching his arms back and forth. Onew and Key held up their mics, the older speaking up for the first time. Looking from his band member to the other, he finally counted, "Hana, deul, set—" and waited for the boys to face the audience. They all bowed in a ninety-degree angle simultaneously and chanted out together, "Annyeonghasaeyo, bitnaneun SHINee-imnida!" The fans roared polytonously, waving their lightsticks above their heads, producing a wide, sky blue ocean.

Onew took the chance to speak while the rest waved a hand towards the audience. "How's everyone doing?" 

The fans, including Minjee and Minyoung, only screamed louder at the sound of his voice blasting off the speakers. 

"Looks like everyone's having a good time, hyung." Key also took his chance to speak. The two tried to produce a short talk while the others rested for a moment.

"I believe they are," Onew replied, letting out a small chuckle, causing the fans to scream again.

Jonghyun quickly placed his mic near his mouth, obviously trying to in the conversation of the two. "I'm sure you guys will enjoy more as the concert goes on, right?" He held up his mic towards the watchers, gesturing them to answer. Obediently, they replied back with a loud yesMinho and Taemin looked at their hyungs and nodded, quite pleased with the outcome.

"I hope everyone will have a good time." Key grinned.

"And I hope this will serve as a great memory for everyone." Onew continued on.

The boys put down the towels and the water bottles back to where they came from and quickly went backstage, preparing for their next set of performances.

 

The concert was a quarterway done, but the Jang sisters, together with the other fans, were not tired from screaming and cheering out their bias' name. With every move a member made, it completely swooned the girls' hearts to its full extent; with every voice they projected, it made them have goosebumps. This was, as Minjee expected, something that a fan should never ever miss out: concerts. This event was one of those events that could actually connect the fantasy world of the fans to the real world of the idols. "A dream come true" is what most of them say.

The stage was being illuminated by dim lights, but the set up was quite visible; it was different from the rest of the stages used. There was a table at the center. On top of it was a turntable complete with the laptop the mixing table, and a phonograph. Hanging by the screen of the laptop were the expensive-looking headphones.

"A DJ must be performing," Minyoung guessed, whispering lowly to her younger sister's ear.

A few minutes after, a guy about the same height as her (but taller by a few centimeters) stepped on the stage, his get-up like a real DJ. Fans started murmuring to each other, asking questions like "Who's that guy?" and "Is he a guest performer?" The lights suddenly brightened up, showing off the rest of the the guy's figure. It was none other than Jonghyun, wearing black jeans, topped over by his neon-colored shirt over his blazer. His hair was gelled upward, but leaving the back part of his hair brushed down. He propped the headphones over his head, adjusting it so that it could fit his head perfectly.

Music started blasting off from the speakers, making Jonghyun speak out "chyeah" to the mic near him. He adjusted everything in front of him: the line up, the volume, the mixers, everything. Pulling up the volume of the beats made the fans spazz over how shocked they are. They never knew that Jonghyun knows how to do turntablism. He played with the turntable, producing unique beats that, in layman's terms, were sick. "Make some noise!" was all he needed to do in order for the real song to play that, as Minyoung guessed, was "Girls" originally recorded by Wheesung. To be honest, she had expected this to happen since the two artists share a really tight friendship on and off-stage.

He stepped out of the stage and walked on the its extension. From afar, Minyoung spotted that a girl suddenly rose up from below, wearing a midthigh-length black dress together with black pumps. Minjee took a glance at her sister, who was now in the verge of separating her jaw from her skull; she was so astounded and, maybe, jealous. The older's face was obviously screaming I should have been the one on stage with you. I should have been the girl you're swooning. I should have been—

And there went her shocked face, down the drain. The female dancer was dancing around Jonghyun as if he was a pole, and he was gazing at her with an eensy bitsy hint of iness, which completely distracted her. The fans were screaming loudly, feeling like they were about to die, but for Minyoung? She turned around, her back facing the stage and covered her ears, chanting a mantra to herself that went like "I will not watch this performance, no."


Wassup, wassup! O/
Looks like I've gotten myself some time to update this story. As promised.
HAHAHA. And belated Happy Christmas to everyone.
I hope everyone will enjoy the last few days of 2013 and...
Spend the first day of 2014 right. ;)

 

Signatores amet et amantur~ ♥
dmb428.jpg
And no, the Minho .gifs are coincidental.
I'm not biased today though. XD