The Harsh Musical

And They Call Me "Miss Happy"

Gyu Won and Joon Hee had to redo a scene for the tenth time, since the guy was constantly smiling when it was not called for.

"Cut!" Seok Hyun called out in exasperation. "What are you doing? Stop smiling like that!"

And, they had to do the scene again.

"What is in other people that you believe in them, rather than believe in me?" Joon Hee asked. "Did you doubt that I don't love you?"

"Then, does that mean that you truly love me after all?" she asked happily.

She squealed in delight as she hugged him, and both of them fell to the floor. Just then, Hee Joo passed by and sat on the bench.

"My Natasha! Help me!"

"Cut!" Seok Hyun shouted.

Gyu Won and Joon Hee got up from the floor.

"What is it again, Joon Hee?"  Seok Hyun demanded. "Stop calling on Hee Joo when you are on stage. Now, do it again!"

Gyu Won looked at Joon Hee and advised him to act as if he had been practicing with the band, where he could give all his concentration. Joon Hee was amazed that Gyu Won had thought of it.

"Gomawo, Eonni."

They did the scene for the eleventh time, and this time, Joon Hee did the scene well. Hee Joo clapped her hands softly, so that Joon Hee will not overreact.

*********

Next scene had Ki Young and Hee Joo at the park, talking over the phone while not knowing of each other's presence.

"I think that is a good idea, right?" Ki Young said. "After all, if two families have all the money in the world, love is nothing. And besides, I am not against the idea of us getting married for money."

Hee Joo felt her lips shudder, and she dropped the call.

"Nothing is sweeter for me than the love of a man who loves me true," she said.

"That's me!" Joon Hee shouted.

"Cut!" Seok Hyun shouted again and approached Joon Hee.

He boxed Joon Hee on his gut, much to everyone's shock, and most especially to Bassist Guy, who was sitted next to Joon Hee.

"If Hee Joo has a scene, will you please shut up? Or if not, go outside and continue playing your goofy games, and come back only when it is your scene," Seok Hyun demanded.

"Joesonghamnida," Joon Hee said humbly.

Even Bassist Guy apologize for Joon Hee's behavior. The director felt that hypertension was getting near to him, so he heaved a sigh and instructed Hee Joo and Ki Young to redo the scene. Bassist Guy had to reprimand Joon Hee for his childish behavior.

"But I want to tell everybody that she is my girl," Joon Hee pouted and argued like a child.

"Question is, is she ready to have you for a boyfriend?" Bassist Guy asked him.

Joon Hee looked at his bandmate sadly, and behaved. For the rest of the other scenes, he was behaving properly.

***********************

Next came the breakup scene.

Gyu Won and Joon Hee had an exchange of battle of words through a song, and the guy did so much justice on his role that Gyu Won was convinced that it was true, and she cried.

"What is there to live for, if I have thought that you love me, when you are only leaving me for another?" Gyu Won asked in tears.

"Never was there a time when you were mine, and never in my life did I actually love you," Joon Hee sang.

Shin was sitting on the bench as he listened to them sing, and most especially, Gyu Won.

"I wish you will never sing me that line, Gyu Won-ah," Shin said. "I really love you. I really do."

(We wish that our Yong Hwa-oppa will also say those lines to Shin Hye. Kyaaaaaaa!!!!!)

He felt proud having his yeoja sing his song. He felt even more proud of himself that he was able to produce a song even if the instruments used where the traditional instruments. The Wallflower, meanwhile, were doing the accompaniments for the songs. The gayageum and the other instruments blended well with the melancholy of the moment, and the song ended up sounding so beautiful and yet so sad. Seok Hyun, too, was drawn in the moment that he realized a tear fell down his eyes. Joon Hee was not that bad. He just needed to concentrate.

Bo Woon, meanwhile, looked at Joon Hee singing the song wholeheartedly. She could feel his feelings, and she was hoping that he would reciprocate her feelings too. With that thought, she played her gayageum as lovingly as possible.

************

The whole cast met at the school grounds, and Seok Hyun told them that they will be going to a fine restaurant and eat some delicious meals. The cast rejoiced, and he said that he had Soo Myung set an appointment--which means, they can go there without any further delay.

Hee Joo approached the Windflower and congratulated them for playing the songs beautifully. Even if she and Gyu Won are already friends, Hee Joo did not like the idea that she saw Bo Woon looking at Joon Hee the whole time while the guy and Gyu Won had the breakup scene.

"You had me jealous," Hee Joo said like a brat.

"But you and Joon Hee are not yet a couple right?" Bo Woon shot back at her. "Why would you be angry at me?"

"I will answer him in due time," the bratty and skinny princess said playfully.

"Are you just playing with Joon Hee's feelings?" Bo Woon asked in anger.

Hee Joo glared at her and raised her hand to slap her, but Joon Hee came in between them and held Hee Joo by her upraised wrist.

"Stop it, my Natasha," he said with conviction. "Bo Woon-eonni is my friend, and I don't want anybody to hurt her no matter what."

The other Windflower girls looked at each other, then at Joon Hee. Even Hee Joo gave him a startled expression.

"Mwo?" she asked in disbelief.

He looked at her, half-spitefully, because he could not dare to hate his Natasha. Only that, he did not want his Natasha to hurt his other friend. Hee Joo struggled to free her arm, and he let her.

"Tsh!" she said.

Then, in an instant, she slapped him hard, which sent him flying a few distances away. All the other people looked at the flying Joon Hee, and they looked at Hee Joo. Wow! It is a joke! Hee Joo is that strong?

"Tsh!" Hee Joo said as she glared at Bo Woon before walking away.

"Joon Hee-ya!" Bo Woon and her friends went to Joon Hee, who was lying on the grassy lawn, face down. "Gwaenchanha?"

She, her friends, and his other bandmates went to him. Good thing, he was not injured, and there were no bruises on his face.

"Joon Hee-ya!" Guitarist Guy said in panic.

Joon Hee coughed. "*cough*...gwaenchanha...."

Seok Hyun approached in worry and checked on him as if the drummer were his own son.

"I am fine...." Joon Hee said.

"Don't worry, you can have lots and lots of food to eat," Seok Hyun said as a bribe.

"Jinjja?" Joon Hee happily asked as he stood up as if he had not been injured at all. "Gaja!"

The other people, most especially Sa Rang and her friends, shook their heads.

"Hee Joo and Joon Hee are really meant to be," Sa Rang said. "They are superhuman!"

And her friends nodded in conviction.

"Gaja!" Seok Hyun told his team, and all the people rushed out of the school.

************

Only Shin and Gyu Won did not join them, as they loitered in the auditorium.

"Why are you not wearing skinny jeans today?" he asked her.

"Why do you want me to be in jeans?" she asked.

Shin smiled slyly. "Because you look hot. And besides, your usual clothes make you look like a halmeoni."

"Mwo?" she asked.

They chased each other in the big hall, and were horseplaying. Later, Shin suggested they dance like the dance that princes and princesses do at the ball. (Imagine also Troy and Gabriela's dance to "Can I Have This Dance?" in the High School Musical 3 movie...minus the jumping jumping parts).

"Like a waltz or something?" Gyu Won asked.

He nodded as he held out his hand for her.

"Can I have this dance, my Princess Gyu Won?"

And she held his hand.

"Yes, my Prince Shin."

They began to dance slowly without music at all, and he just sang CN Blue's "Love In The Rain."

"Why are you singing that, Shin-ah?" Gyu Won asked. "It is a sad song. I don't wanna break up with you."

Shin smiled at her.

"Of course it is only a song," he said. "I just want to sing to you."

Gyu Won pouted and said to him. "Lame choice of song."

Shin the lame guy only smiled beautifully at her and continued singing. After the song, both of them faced each other. He placed his hands on her waist, and she, her hands around his neck. They leaned close to each other until there foreheads meet, and their lips, only an inch apart.

"Saranghae," he whispered.

"Saranghae...." she replied.

They slowly kissed each other, and danced slowly round and round. They were not worried about not being able to eat dinner with the other casts. They could just eat at home or wherever they want, as long as they were together. Finally, when they parted, Gyu Won whispered, which turned Shin on.

"Love only me, Shin-ah..."