Christmas Yeheyness

And They Call Me "Miss Happy"

Joon Hee woke up to the smell of fresh kimchi pancakes.

"Today I brew, tomorrow I bake, and Eomma's kimchi pancakes I shall take."

He ~floated~ to the kitchen (just like Shaggy and Scooby Doo when they are hungry), and saw the food loaded with tea and kimchi pancakes. These are the things that they could afford, but he was proud of his eomma because her meager output was filled with so much love.

"Saranghaeyo, Eomma," he said to his mother as he hugged her tight.

"Omo, my son is already awake!" Eomma said happily. "Come, come, wash your hands and let's eat breakfast." 

As they sat down to have breakfast, Joon Hee asked for permission to go to the party at Park Hyatt that noon time.

"Of course, my son, have fun," she told him.

"Ah, Eomma, I have a gift for you," he said before standing up.

Eomma watched her son leave the table, only to return with a gift in hand. In the dining table, she opened the gift, and lifted out a pretty dress made of cool materials.

"Where did you get this?" she asked.

"I saved money so I could buy you that," he explained.

Eomma cried as she smelled the piece of garment. Her son is indeed very loving and kind, and she had to apologize that she has no gift for him.

"Gwaenchanhseumnida, Eomma," he said. "Having you with me is already a gift."

Mother and son smiled at each other and continued eating breakfast.

********

Gyu Won did her usual chores at home even if it was Christmas. She ironed out Halabeoji's hanboks, as the old man will be having a pansori show tonight. She also prepared breakfast for them, and when her father awoke, he saw her being busy.

"Gyu Won-ah, let me help you," he told his daughter.

"All right," she said with a smile.

They prepared Korean food that they will partake tonight, as she needed to prepare early so that she won't have to worry while she will be having fun that noon. 

"Anybody home?" a shrill voice called out.

Gyu Won went out, and saw Jung Hyun sitting on the floor leading to the living room.

"Pumpkin-eonni, do you have sugar?" she asked.

"Sugar? For what?" Gyu Won asked.

"Eomma will be baking, and Shin-oppa forgot to buy some," the young lassy explained. "Hurry up, or Eomma won't be able to bake on time."

Just then, a smoking pipe flew past Gyu Won and was about to hit Jung Hyun.

"What is so noisy so very early in the morning?" Halabeoji shouted at his student.

"Halabeoji, if you throw things at me, I will not give you cakes," Jung Hyun retorted.

"You!" Halabeoji shouted as he pointed at her.

Shin came and bowed to the old man in apology. Then, he hissed at his sister.

"What are you doing here?" he asked her.

"She said you forgot to buy sugar, that is why she came," Gyu Won explained.

Shin bowed at the old man in apology and grabbed his sister by the wrist.

"What is this you are doing? We have lots and lots of sugar at home," Shin whispered loudly that Gyu Won was able to hear.

"Mwo?" Gyu Won retorted at Jung Hyun. "So you just came here to annoy me so early?"

Jung Hyun pulled down her lower eyelid and pulled out her tongue. Halabeoji threw some scrunched papers at her, and Jung Hyun scampered. Shin rolled his eyeballs at his sister, then faced the other Lee family.

"Halabeoji, joesonghamnida," he said as he bowed.

"Hmp! She should be thankful that I like you very much! If she weren't your sister, I would throw my baduk set at her," the pansori singer remarked.

Shin grimaced in embarrassment and bowed down.

"I'll be off," he said.

Gyu Won followed him out of the gate.

"Be careful, Shin-ah," she said.

He turned to her and smiled back.

"Are you that worried? We're just neighbors, right?" he said.

Gyu Won smiled and hugged him tight.

"I so love you, Shin-ah," she squealed.

He wrapped his arms around her and said.

"I want to have a date with you tonight, after all our celebration here at home."

Gyu Won released her hug and looked at him.

"I can't wait," she excitedly said. "My life's been exciting with you around."

He winked at her and replied, "Saranghae."

He leaned forward kissed her, and they shared kisses (for everyone, and including us Dooley fans, to see).

**********

The casts of the play gathered at the lobby of Park Hyatt, and Joon Hee was all smiles when he came in with Bo Woon. Hee Joo looked at them enviously even though she was linking arms with Ki Young. Joon Hee was no longer hurt, and he gave a triumphant air at Hee Joo. The girl in question whispered something to Ki Young, who walked away. She approached the drummer angrily, hands on hips.

"Merry Christmas, Eonni," he greeted her.

Hee Joo raised an eyebrow. The day before, she totally dumped him, but he had bounced back. Looks like Bo Woon had something to do with it.

"Are you mocking me?" she asked him.

"Oh? Ani. Wae? Are you jealous?" he challenged her.

Hee Joo pursed her lips the Hwang Tae Kyung way. 

"My eomma once said that if something doesn't fit, why force it?" he said wisely with a huge grin on his face.

Hee Joo glared at him before walking away to Ki Young.

*******

Seok Hyun and Yoon Su had the casts and crew gather at the restaurant, which the director had reserved. The casts all went to the tables and sat down. There, Seok Hyun greeted them Merry Christmas and congratulated them. He also went into speech like he was running for public office, and Sa Rang had to mimick him. 

Later, the waiters came in with lots of delicious foods, and Joon Hee wished he could freeze time and bring all these foods home. Everyone shared food and conversed as they ate. Later, The Stupid took the stage, much to the fangirls' delight. Shin looked at Gyu Won and winked at her, making the girls squeal. Hey ladies, the wink wasn't for you, y'know. They sang a CN Blue song, "Wanna Be Like You."

Later on, when they finished, Bassist Guy went down and went to the girls' table, where he asked for Bo Woon's hand. She hesitated, and looked at Joon Hee, who smiled and nodded at her. From the other table, Hee Joo looked on enviously as she watched Bo Woon stand up with the bassist and ascend the stairs.

"What are we gonna sing today, Bo Woon-ah? Bassist Guy asked.

Of course, they had rehearsed this an hour before, so she also pretended that she was thinking as to what to sing.

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...." Bo Woon began to sing slowly.

The Christmas carol usually is sung on a fast and merry tune, but Bo Woon and Bassist Guy sung it slower than Michael Buble's version, as if they were singing it like bossa nova style (sorry, I don't know how to describe it, but I want to picture out letting them sing it in a slow tempo). Shin accompanied them through the acoustic guitar he was also tagging along. The people were swaying and clapping their hands as the duo sang.

"Wow, they actually sound good!" Yoon Su said to her fiance, and he nodded.

When the two finished, everybody clapped their hands. More songs were played by The Stupids until the party ended at around two in the afternoon.

*****************

That night, Joon Hee came home with a cake for him and his eomeoni, and they celebrated their Christmas in solemnity and silence.

Hee Joo and her family were under the Christmas tree, exchanging gifts. She did not appreciate the gift her sister gave her, because Myung Joo gave her chocolates. What the?

Bo Woon had a neighbor send a box of cake for her eomma, who was not at home. She was sad not to be able to celebrate with the wicked woman, and so she had to leave. That night was family night, so after dinner, she and her family exchanged gifts at the lawn while watching their neighbors play with firecrackers.

Ji Young invited Sun Ki and Gyu Won to their house for Christmas, as Halabeoji was not home because of his pansori appointment. They shared food, and most especially, the controversial cake that Jung Hyun claimed to have no sugar at all. As if? They even had exchange of gifts. Jung Hyun loved the dress that Gyu Won gave her, though she still resented her eonni. As for Shin's gift for Gyu Won, he did not give it yet.

The other families spent Christmas their own little ways, from simply eating together to playing with firecrackers.

~~~~~cold evening.....~~~~~