My Love Is Here

And They Call Me "Miss Happy"

The respective guardians came to watch over the patients, and so the visitors had to go home.

Shin and Gyu Won went home together. They were talking about many things when they passed by a neighbor's house filled with roses in the garden.

"Yeppeuda...." Gyu Won gasped.

"I wish I could plant some so I could give you roses," he said.

"Shin-ah, you're so romantic," she told him as she got close.

He . "Which do you want me to be? or romantic?"

Gyu Won giggled. "Of course, I want you romantic! What else?"

Then, she inched to him a bit more and whispered in his ear. "I like my Shin to be sometimes."

He looked at her and again. "Sometimes only?"

Gyu Won giggled. "Stop it, Shin-ah."

He held her hand as they went closer to their neighbor's gate. The scent of the roses were wafting through the night air, and Gyu Won closed her eyes contentedly as she smelled the aroma. Shin looked at her and saw a smile on her face.

"Roses are your favorite?" he asked.

"They're not that my favorite, but I love roses," she said, her eyes still closed.

Then, Gyu Won quoted a line from Shakespeare.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet."

Shin laughed at her old-fashioned air.

"Halabeoji would admonish you for quoting Shakespeare," he said.

She still had her eyes closed when she replied. "I don't care anymore."

He looked at her, and looked at her red lips. Her lips were like roses: beautiful and tempting. He did not give any notices, but he just leaned and gave her a sweet kiss. Gyu Won did not dare open her eyes, for if she did, the kiss might disappear, and she may thought that it was only a dream.

That was no dream, however, for Shin prolonged the kiss. When they finished, she opened her eyes and touched her lips.

"Wow, Shin-ah, I thought it was a dream."

He smiled at her. "So now, you are my Sleeping Beauty?"

She smiled back at him and touched her lips. "So I am not dreaming."

He leaned close to her and said. "If you are still dreaming, then I could kiss you again."

She nodded and allowed him to kiss her again. This time, he placed his arms around her as they kissed. (Awwww.....♥). Later, when they parted, they walked farther from the gate so that their neighbor won't wonder who was stalking his or her house.

"I'd like to sing another song for you," he told her.

"What's that?" she asked.

He only smiled and did not tell her the title. 

"This is my promise to you, and I intend to keep it," he said.

Another outstretched hand was offered to her, and she accepted it. They danced the waltz as he began singing.

 

Words, nothing but words

For me to show

How much my love for you unfolds

Through trouble and fears

This love feels so real

And I need you to know

 

Even though we’re far apart

You’re right beside me in my heart

 

Don’t you know my love is here?

Don’t you know my love is real?

You should know by now

This much is true

My love is here for you

 

Of course, they were not apart, but Shin just wanted to promise her that his love was here to stay, and that even if they would be apart (again), he will still love her. Gyu Won hugged him after the song.

"Me too, Shin-ah," she whispered. "I will keep the same promise as you do."

They stayed there outside the neighbor's house, hugging and feeling each other, with Shin not even remembering that he had some songs to compose. But he did not care. Those songs will come by themselves in the perfect time.

 

*****

By the way, the song above is "My Love Is Here" by Erik Santos.