The Invincible Windflower Takes The Stage

And They Call Me "Miss Happy"

Seok Hyun finally released the results. It turned out that he was looking for two female lead roles. Sa Rang and her friends, who had also auditioned, were so furious when they saw the list. Hee Joo and Gyu Won made it.

"He favored Gyu Won again because she is a superstar!" Sa Rang said, while her minions nodded spitefully.

Hee Joo passed by and looked at the list. Well, well, well, she was up to a good fight indeed.

"Oh well, I would not have to fight with Gyu Won for the first spot," she bragged at them. 

"Sheesh....this girl is unbelievable!" Sa Rang retorted at her.

Hee Joo just looked at them triumphantly as she strutted to the auditorium for the orientation.

********************

The play was about two rich girls who had everything they want in life but the love of a lover. That was why Seok Hyun had them act or sing or dance like a princess, because the rich girls were supposed to be princesses.

"As you know, currently, in the dance studio, we are holding an audition for male lead," he said.

Gyu Won's ears pricked like a cat's. Sheesh, she should have forced Shin to audition so that they could be partners.

"Windflowers will play for the play, so they are exempted from all auditions," the director continued.

Then Gyu Won remembered that Shin will be in charge of the musical scoring and producing. It might mean that The Stupid won't be seen on stage. She raised her hands to ask.

"How about The Stupid?" Gyu Won asked.

"Oh, if they want to audition, they can," Seok Hyun said. "After all, I just saw Joon Hee join the audition."

"Mwo????" Hee Joo asked in horror.

Seok Hyun looked at her looking uncomfortable.

"Don't worry, Hee Joo," he said. "If he does not make it to the final cut, then he will not take the lead. Simple as that."

Hee Joo heaved a sigh. From her seat, Bo Woon could only scoff. The director began distributing the scripts to all the girls in the auditorium. Hee Joo saw that she will be doing the part of the sister who was forced to marry someone she did not even know or love. Gyu Won got the part of the sister who was pining for a lover, only to find out that he was just playing with her and was in love with another. Hee Joo leaned to see Gyu Won's script, for they were sitted next to each other.

"Is it good?" she asked.

"Ne," Gyu Won said. "How about yours?"

"Ne, it's a good one too," she said.

She felt so proud of herself, because she can finally act based on emotions and not on techniques. Thanks to Joon Hee's love.

Seok Hyun, meanwhile, pulled the Windflowers aside for a separate talk. He told them that they will be coordinating with Shin for the musical pieces. The other girls looked ominously at Bo Woon, who has a dark secret kept by Shin, who might want to abuse her anytime.

"Are you fine with it?" the director asked.

"Ne, ne," Bo Woon said.

*********************

The male lead had taken two days too, although there were less participants. Even The Stupid's bassist joined the audition, because he knew that the band will not be playing at the musical. 

Later, Seok Hyun also announced the male leads. Joon Hee and Ki Young made it to the cut, and Joon Hee was to be paired with Gyu Won, and Ki Young with Hee Joo again.

"Oh, but I want to be with my Natasha...." Joon Hee grumbled like a kid.

"Ya, if you will be with her, you will only keep on staring at her and smiling like an idiot," Seok Hyun pointed out.

Joon Hee pouted. He received the script and read it.

"Whoa, I will be tasked to do the part of a playboy?" he gasped in excitement.

Ki Young leaned next to him and looked at the script. "Looks like you'll get more airtime than me."

Joon Hee smiled again like an idiot. Ki Young could only shake his head in dismay, wondering why the judges chose him to play the part when Little Drummer Boy was too dense to understand complicated stuff.

Bo Woon had learned that he got the role, so she went to him and congratulated him.

"Chukhahae!" she said.

"Gomawo, Eonni," he smiled. "Thinking about the role makes me hungry."

"Geurae? Oh....my poor pretty boy is already hungry," she crooned at him like he was a puppy dog. "I will treat you to dinner today."

"Jinjja?" he perked up happily. "Gomawo! Saranghae!"

So happy was he that he jumped and even did some tumbling stunts.

"Did he just say, he loves me?" Bo Woon asked in astonishment.

She grabbed him by the collar so that they will go to a nearby food stall. Not far from them, Shin took off with his bike. Seeing them made him smirk. Oh well, her secret was still safe with him, but he had the feeling that she will break her own secret first even before he could plan of "blackmailing" her.

"Tsk! What are you talking about, Lee Shin?" he scoffed at himself.