One Side Of The Triangle Is Hurting

And They Call Me "Miss Happy"

Joon Hee and Hee Joo went to a cozy restaurant.

"They have vegetables too, don't they?" she whispered to him.

"Ah, ne, Eonni," he said. "They have veggies, and oh, guaranteed, they won't make you fat."

She scoffed. "Of course, I know that."

She found a place for them near the door, while he went to the counter to order food for them.

**********

"Eonni, you were amazing back there!" Joon Hee complimented her before feeding on his beef. "Chukhahae..."

She rolled her eyeballs. "Damn, stupid Barbie. Why did I sing it anyway? It's all my sister's fault!"

"Waeyo?"

"Ugh! My sister has recently been addicted to Barbie. And isn't she, like, grown up to even like Barbie stories? I ended up memorizing that stupid song!" she complained. "And what's up with the princess theme anyway?"

"Eonni, all I know is that if you audition, you should be ready with unexpected scenarios like that," Joon Hee told her.

She eyed him curiously. Since when did he become an expert on theatrical productions?

"Ugh! Damn that Barbie. That was the first thing that came to mind when dear Director threw us the theme," Hee Joo protested.

Joon Hee smiled like an idiot.

"At least, the annoying Barbie has its benefits too, right?"

Hee Joo looked at him and pursed her lips.

"I'd rather eat the veggies than think about my sister's stupid influence," she said.

Hee Joo devoured the veggies as if she hadn't eaten for a million years. Of course, she hadn't. She had been subjecting herself to a severe diet. But to Joon Hee, she was eating like a princess. He was too happy to see her eat that scraps of rice had been falling off from his mouth as he smiled like Ernie of Sesame Street.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Hee Joo asked.

"Ah...." Joon Hee started, then continued chewing on his food.

"You eat like a beggar," she scoffed at him.

And inside her mind, she thought, "Where does he store all his food?"

Ten large bowls and seven small bowls were all empty, thanks to Joon Hee's gluttony. Three glasses of green tea were also consumed, while Hee Joo could not even finish her one small plate of veggies.

"Ahhhhhhh.... I feel so full," the cute guy said, nursing a very full stomach.

Hee Joo looked at the last few pieces of her vegetables. She had to eat them. At least, they're non-fattening.

"If you are not willing to consume that, I will eat that for you," he offered.

"Oh, puh-lease... Where in the world do you store all the other food?" she sarcastically asked. "Your brain? Your kidneys? Your ?"

Speaking of brain, Joon Hee smiled at her again like an idiot. If he were a dinosaur, he'd be the giant stegosaurus with the very small brain.

"Ani, all my food go to the stomach for digestion," he answered. "That's in science, right?"

She scoffed again. At least, he knew that. Really, that is his specialty. She began to think of Jughead and how he and Joon Hee were totally related.

"Gwaenchanha, I will finish my veggies," she smiled.

Joon Hee continued staring at her as she struggled to finish her vegetables. And again, STRUGGLED.

*********************

Bo Woon went back inside the practice room, where their other friends were. 

"Bo Woon-ah, gwaenchanha?" the first asked.

She nodded sadly. Then, Shin and Gyu Won entered the room. The guitarist leaned on a nearby table as he crossed his arms. Bo Woon was certainly his least favorite person in the whole wide world, but seeing her like this made him totally curious. He saw her in a really sad mood.

"Could you tell us what happened?" Gyu Won asked.

Bo Woon did not notice that Shin was there, so she blurted out. 

"Do you think Joon Hee does not like me?"

The three friends looked at each other, bewildered. Even Shin was shocked at her question.

"Mwo?" the other friend asked.

"He doesn't like me, right? Coz he likes Hee Joo," Bo Woon related.

Gyu Won sat beside her bestie.

"Bo Woon-ah, we know that he really likes her, and they are dating," Gyu Won said. "I think we should stay away."

Shin cleared his throat, and that was the time that Bo Woon finally noticed him.

"Ah, Shin-ah!" Bo Woon said in panic.

She stood up and hastily went to him, knelt before him and kowtowed.

"What are you doing?" he asked in dismay.

"Please Shin-ah, please don't tell Joon Hee. Please, please..." she said as she kowtowed before him.

"Ya, am I even an emperor?" Shin snapped at her.

Seeing her kneeling like this and begging him to keep her secret was really amusing. Since Bo Woon had always had the bad timing when it comes to his intimate moments with Gyu Won, maybe he could use that revelation to his own advantage--in a good way though.

"Ara, I promise," Shin said. "On some conditions."

Bo Woon looked at him hopefully, but Gyu Won hit him on the arms.

"What is that about?" Gyu Won asked in irritation.

Shin looked at her with a sly smile and told her to watch and learn. Getting back at Bo Woon, he told her.

"First, if you see me and Gyu Won in a verrrrryyyyyyy romantic position, please don't go near us. If you call Gyu Won, please ALWAYS ask if I am around, and if she say that we are together, just forget about telling her any news, except when totally necessary," Shin said.

Bo Woon looked at him like a hungry puppy. Gyu Won chided him for being harsh.

"Harsh?" he asked his girlfriend. "Well, I'll tell Joon Hee about...."

Bo Woon kowtowed again and begged. "Please don't tell him, please don't tell him."

Shin smirked naughtily. "Of course I won't tell him. I will only tell him to tell Sa Rang that we will be performing on Saturday night. And stop kowtowing to me."

Bo Woon stopped and looked at him in relief.

"Gomawo," she said.

Their other friends looked at him spitefully as they helped Bo Woon to her feet. Bo Woon smiled back at Shin as she staggered back outside.

"She really looks depressed," the other said. "I wonder what happened."

Gyu Won related that they had found her like that after auditions.

"I really have to find out what happened," she thought.