Confused

And They Call Me "Miss Happy"

Joon Hee followed Bo Woon out of the hall, but he was not able to find her.

"Where did she go?" he said to himself.

Hee Joo appeared in time to catch him staring at nothing.

"Ya, Joon Hee-ya," she called out to him in her bossy way.

"Oh, nae Natasha," he greeted happily.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

He was about to say that he was looking for Bo Woon, but his stomach grumbled in time.

"Oh, I am looking for food," he replied.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk.... Yeo Joon Hee, when can you ever control your hunger pangs?" she asked, trying so hard to point out that she had the discipline to control her own.

"I can never control them," he replied matter-of-factly. "If my metabolism works this way, I should give in."

Hee Joo eyed him in astonishment, and watched him as he floated away like a zombie.

"Food~~~~ food~~~~~"

"Tsh! That guy certainly is unbelievable..." she thought.

"Hee Joo-ya," Gayageum Girl called out.

The bratty princess looked at her and asked. "Ne?"

"Have you seen Bo Woon and Joon Hee?" the other gayageum player asked.

"I haven't seen Bo Woon, but I just saw Joon Hee float away while looking for food," Hee Joo replied matter-of-factly. "What's up with Bo Woon, anyway?"

Gayageum Girl and Flute Girl noted the jealousy on the other girl's voice.

"Uh, we wanted to say something to Bo Woon, but I am also looking for Joon Hee because I wanted to return some money to him," Flute Girl lied.

Hee Joo looked at them with a superior air before walking away. The two ladies looked at her in disgust.

"Maybe they have not talked at all," Gayageum Girl said.

***************

The Lee family (Halabeoji's side and Ji Young's side) went to a family restaurant where they ate a meal together. The old pansori singer was very displeased at his granddaughter's change of genre, but he had to commend her for being a star on stage.

"Halabeoji," Jung Hyun piped up. "It is Shin-oppa who wrote all the songs in the musical."

She was hoping that the old man would get disappointed at her brother's feat.

"Geurae?" the old singer asked in glee.

Hyun Jung looked at the old man indifferently.

"Well, I don't like his genre, but I like Shin," Halabeoji said. "He took after my looks, ahahahaha!!!!"

Shin bowed and thanked the old man for thinking that way, but Jung Hyun pouted at the old man.

"Halabeoji, you are having double standards," Jung Hyun retorted.

"Double standards! What do you mean by that?" he angrily asked as he threw a piece of nut at her.

"Apologize to him," Ji Young demanded to her daughter.

"Shireo," Jung Hyun told her mother.

"That child! When I was a young man, when I was 14 years old..."

The lassy interrupted his speech and told him that she had memorized his life story already. Shin looked at his sister, bewildered that she was able to withstand listening to the great Lee Dong Jin's famous (and infamous) stories.

"Joesonghamnida," Jung Hyun finally said, while giving sly looks at the old man.

"Halabeoji," Gyu Won interrupted. "Can Shin and I have a walk after this?"

The old patriarch was about to reply when Sun Ki replied that he trusts Shin to take care of her if they are planning to be on a date. Ji Young also agreed to that.

"Just make sure you don't kiss Oppa anymore!" Jung Hyun shot at Gyu Won.

The two parents and the grandparent looked at the young lovers. Gyu Won hid her face behind Shin, who was getting embarrassed and feeling all the blood in his body flooding his face.

"I trust you, Shin," Sun Ki calmly told him with a smile.

Halabeoji did not say anything and silently ate his food. He was not in the mood to control his granddaughter's love life. Ji Young also smiled at her son and nodded. Shin smiled at his eomma and at Gyu Won's appa before giving a prickly glare at his bratty sister.

**********

"Ah... I am so full," Gyu Won said.

Both of them just walked along the street while holding hands tightly. They were finally relieved of their duties in the musical, and soon, all they will be thinking of is the coming Christmas season.

"Where do you plan to spend Christmas?" he asked her.

"I guess, we could spend it here," she said. "Seoul is the only home we have now, and Halabeoji might not have any offers to join seminars for this season."

"Hmm... too bad, because I have been planning to tell Eomma that she, Jung Hyung, and I spend Christmas in Jeju island," Shin said.

Jeju, the place where they first met.

"That's a nice idea!" Gyu Won squealed.

He looked at her calmly and lovingly, and kissed her on the forehead.

"I have the cutest and the most beautiful girlfriend in the whole wide world," Shin said. "And you have the hottest and the most handsome guy in this planet."

Gyu Won giggled like a school girl. Hearing Shin brag made her high.

"Gaja," he told her.

They continued walking happily when they passed by the lake, and saw Bo Woon hugging Joon Hee in tears. Shin was about to go when Gyu Won restricted him.

"Let them be," Gyu Won said sadly.

Shin looked at her, and saw sadness painted on her face.

"Bo Woon is my best friend," she said. "Why is she crying in Joon Hee's arms? It makes me think she has a secret that only he knew."

Shin pinched her cheeks.

"Ya, don't you think like that," he said softly. "Just go to her tomorrow at Catharsis, and ask her what's wrong."

She nodded sadly at him, and pulled him with her back home.

****************

Outside her gate.

"Well, I guess we'll call it a day," he said.

He leaned close to her and gave her lower lip a soft and long kiss. When they parted, she smiled in confusion.

"Was that a good-night kiss?" she .

He smiled at her and nodded.

"Also, I have a feeling that something will prevent us from kissing if we don't kiss on time," he cleverly remarked.

He asked for her hand again, and they waltzed just like the day they did one night in school. Just then, a female voice called out.

"OPPA!!!!!"

Both of them stopped and saw Jung Hyun leaning by their gate with arms crossed and with an irritated expression on her face. Shin looked at Gyu Won and winked at her.

"See what I mean?" he asked.

Gyu Won scoffed and laughed at her boyfriend's quick mind. 

"Good night," he said.

"Good night," she said before going inside the gate.

He waited for the gate to close before he got inside his house.

*****************

Meanwhile, when Joon Hee was looking for her, only to be distracted by food, Bo Woon ran to the lake where she had star-gazing with Joon Hee.

"Why don't you understand?" she sobbed.

She had been sitting there for hours, crying her heart out. She did not mind being hungry, just as long as she could get her emotions out. The past weeks had been very exhausting for her. Her small crush on Joon Hee would have been just a minor problem compared with her domestic problem. Eversince her minor problem knew about her major problem, she could not help but feel that she needed someone to rescue her and help her. She needed to feel weak and be taken cared of in someone else's arms, and how she wished that pair of arms belonged to Joon Hee. Why was he so clueless about her feelings for him? 

Joon Hee passed  by while eating some burgers. He saw a girl facing the lake, and saw that the clothes looked familiar.

"Eonni!" he said as he ran to her. "Gwaenchanha?"

Bo Woon turned to look at him and stood up. "Joon Hee-ya..."

"Why did you run away? Have I done something wrong?" Joon Hee asked, feeling bad that she did that to him.

Bo Woon shed more tears and hugged him tight.

"Why are you so sad? Did your mother hurt you again?" he asked.

"Ani....but it is you who hurt me," she thought.

"Eonni?" he asked her again, trying to elicit a response.

Bo Woon shook her head and buried her face on his chest, for he was tall. He was still holding his burgers when he hugged her back.

"I'll be here for you, Bo Woon-ah..."

Bo Woon tried to believe in what he said, although she knew that he only looked at her as a friend, and that his heart was ever loyal to Hee Joo. Nevertheless, she kissed his chest, making his body freeze. In his shock, he released the burgers from his grip.

"What is this?" he thought.

He admitted to himself that he was , but it got him confused. Why would she even do that? And if ever she had feelings for him, how can he manage that? Was the song really for him? His feelings for Hee Joo too was also something that he needed to manage as well.

"Eonni...."

But the girl in question was still crying her heart out on his chest.