And The Winter Show...

And They Call Me "Miss Happy"

Seok Hyun did not announce what the play will be about (but he showed the script to Gyu Won already). As usual, it will be about love. He opened the audition for lead female role for two days, so that gives everyone ample time to prepare and not to fret.

"I will definitely go up against Hee Joo," Gyu Won thought.

Finally, Yoon Su called all the participants one by one. Shin stayed among the crowd as the girls who auditioned took the stage. Seok Hyun had wanted the girls to sing, act, or dance, but the theme: princess. As to what the drama was about, it was still under wraps.

When Hee Joo took the stage as the tenth person to audition, Joon Hee cheered and jumped like a little kid.

"My Natasha! My Natasha!" he kept saying to the other people near him.

He watched helplessly at his Natasha sing a song from "The Princess and The Pauper", the Barbie version based on Mark Twain's "The Prince and The Pauper."

"She has improved," Sa Rang bitterly told her friends. "And I still hate her a bit."

Her friends nodded, but Soo Myung told his yeoja not to be bitter about it, and she shot him an iron-hot glance. Why was he defending the royal ?

Joon Hee, meanwhile, was smiling from ear to ear when he heard Sa Rang's remark.

"Neeeee.......her singing has really improved......" he said in a zombie voice.

But Bo Woon had heard it.

"She still sounds the same to me," she said in jealousy.

"Ani, eonni," Joon Hee defended his Natasha. "In fact, after the surgery, her voice became even more beautiful, like an angel...waaaaaaaa......"

She pursed her lips at his shallowness. Surgeries don't give someone a beautiful voice. It only fixes medical problems.

"Joon Hee-ya, do I have a beautiful voice too?" she excitedly asked him.

"Oh?" he asked as he scratched his head. "Mollayo.... I have not heard Eonni sing...."

"Oh, right, mianhae..." she sheepishly said. "Do you want me to sing for you?"

"Jinjja?" he asked excitedly.

Then, he remembered that the results of the audition will be announced after three days, which means that, after the audition, he and Hee Joo will be off to their date.

"Oh, mianhae, eonni," he helplessly said. "I forgot, but after this, is my date with Natasha."

Bo Woon's face fell. She had been wanting so much to spend time with Joon Hee, but all he ever saw was his Natasha. Then, the bassist beside him asked him.

"Dude, if you and Hee Joo are dating, and if her mother trusts you already, how come I have never heard you say that she is your girlfriend?" the bassist commented.

"Oh? But she did not answer me yet. She just agreed to go on dates with me, and everytime I ask her, she will always tell me that she will think about it," was Joon Hee's lame reply.

"Aish, that is already implied!" the guitarist said to his friend.

Joon Hee's face fell.

"But my eomma always told me that if I court a girl, I have to ask her permission first," he told them.

"Aish, you are being a good boy all the time," the bassist said to him in exasperation.

"If only you ask me that question, I will really answer you positively," Bo Woon carelessly said to him.

"Mworagu (What did you say)?" Joon Hee asked innocently.

Bo Woon had said it softly, that he did not quite hear what she had said. So, she faked a smile and told her that she was just hungry.

"Me too, eonni," Joon Hee agreed. "I am soooo hungry."

He looked back at the stage to watch Hee Joo finish her performance, and little did he know that Bo Woon was looking at him wistfully.

******************

And really, after Hee Joo performed, she and Joon Hee went away, making Bo Woon look at them longingly. The guitarist and the bassist did not notice anything weird about her, and they told her they will be going. Finally, Gyu Won and Shin approached her.

"Gyu Won-ah," Bo Woon said. "I think I will go to the practice room to join our groupmates."

"Ah, ne, I will follow," Gyu Won said.

She looked at her friend walking sluggishly that she could not help but look back at Shin.

"What's wrong with her?" Shin asked her thoughtfully.

"I don't know," Gyu Won told him. "I think I have to follow her."

"I'll go with you," he offered.

Even if he found Bo Woon to be very annoying, he was willing to be a friend because Bo Woon is Gyu Won's bestie.