I Promised, Right?

And They Call Me "Miss Happy"

The man who helped Joon Hee and Bo Woon was rewarded by Appa for the help. As they went out of the police station, Joon Hee collapsed.

**************

"Joon Hee?" a very worried voice woke up his consciousness.

He slowly opened his eyes and saw his eomma looking at him in great love and concern.

"Where am I?" he weakly asked.

A male voice answered. "You are in the hospital."

He looked up to see Bo Woon's oppa. The young man gingerly got up.

"Where's Bo Woon-eonni?" he weakly asked.

The father and his mother looked at each other.

"Eonni?" Eomma asked.

Joon Hee realized he was speaking in slang. Bo Woon and he were of the same age, so he could not call her noona. And since they are of different genders, so he should not be calling her eonni.

"Ne...." he replied anyway.

Appa cleared his throat. "Bo Woon is in the next room, having her wounds treated. She also started having chills, just like you."

No wonder his body felt hotter than warm.

"Is this gonna last forever?" Joon Hee asked.

Eomma worried that he had gone delirious, so she checked his forehead.

"Oh dear," she sobbed and called a nurse.

The nurse came in and checked his temperature. 41°C, according to the digital thermometer. And when she checked the chart, the last antipyretic given was four hours ago.

"Eomeoni, I will give his antipyretic now," the nurse said with a smile. "And while I will give the medication, please have the patient drink lots of water."

The nurse bowed before leaving, and Eomma had Joon Hee drink lots of water. She was also a wise woman, so she did tepid sponge bath to cool down her son's skin, thus bringing down his body temperature too.

Eomma noticed Bo Woon's Appa cry.

"Joon Hee, I would like to thank you for saving my daughter," Appa said as he broke into sobs. "I have no idea she was battered by my ex-wife."

Joon Hee looked at the abeoji sadly. He did not tell the elder that he knew about the battery, but that Bo Woon was afraid to have the battery reported for fear of  her life.

"I promised her I will protect her," Joon Hee replied.

Appa nodded and excused himself as he went out to go to Bo Woon's room.

**********

The nurse gave Joon Hee his intravenous antipyretic, and she also gave Bo Woon her antipyretic.

"Appa, where's Joon Hee?" she asked weakly.

Appa hugged his daughter and told her that he was in the next room, resting. He felt tears falling down from her eyes to his arms.

"My daughter used to be so happy," Appa cried. "I have no idea you were battered at home."

"Joesonghamnida, Appa," Bo Woon cried. "I was too afraid to tell...."

"You could have told me earlier, Bo Woon-ah," he told his daughter. "Things could have gone worse if Joon Hee had not told me...."

She shed some tears, remembering how Joon Hee saved her life.

**************

Bo Woon got inside Joon Hee's room and sat at his bedside.

"Gomawo...." she whispered.

He smiled at her. "I promised, right?"

No one was as devoted as her boyfriend, and she felt that with her mother in jail, she could save her money, and spend some food for him if she wanted to.

"Jeongmal saranghae...." she said as she lay on his chest.

He was hoping he'd get another kiss on his chest, but she fell asleep instead. He closed his eyes and slept. And that was the sweet scene that the nurse saw when she came in the room to check the intravenous fluid.

"Oh cute ♥...," she thought as she left the room.