Food, Food, And Lots Of Food

And They Call Me "Miss Happy"

While the friends were at the hospital visiting Joon Hee and Bo Woon, Hee Joo invited Ki Young over to their house. She was displeased because he brought some cakes for the family.

"You know I don't like to eat."

Ki Young said, "I've heard Gyu Won had gotten fat because Shin always gave her ice cream."

The bulimic rolled her eyes. "Please, Gyu Won and I have different metabolisms."

"Which is why I brought you cakes so that you will eat. Vitamins and ginseng are not enough," Ki Young replied.

He explained the food in the food pyramid, and Hee Joo snapped at him.

"Why are you discussing with me that? Are you trying to point out that I am bulimic?" she hissed acidly.

"Ne," was his laconic answer.

Yes, bulimics hide and won't admit that they have eating disorders.

"And what nutrients are your cells getting anyway? You are not making yourself healthy," Ki Young said.

Hee Joo rolled her eyeballs as she accepted the cake and placed it in the dining room. After that, they went to the garden.

"Of course, I want to be healthy, but I don't want to get fat," she sadly said.

Ki Young . "Do you want to see someone healthy?"

She nodded, and she gasped in shock when Ki Young lifted up his shirt and exposed his tight and hot abs.

"Oppa!!!!!" a voice squealed.

They looked at the person who squealed.

"Myung Joo?" Hee Joo asked.

Her chubby little sis went to Ki Young and gushed at his abs.

"Oppa, could you show me your abs again?" she pleaded.

"Ya! Don't say that to my boyfriend, arasseo?" Hee Joo snapped at her.

Myung Joo rationalized that she just fell for Ki Young's abs.

"Ya, don't touch him!" she shrieked when her sis tried to "harass" Ki Young.

The young man only laughed as he watched the sisters fighting over him.

"Ladies, just stop it already," Ki Young said. Then, to Myung Joo, he said. "I brought some cakes."

Myung Joo smiled in glee and thanked him. Hee Joo frowned as she watched her sister make a run to the dining room.

"See? See why I don't want to eat? I don't want to be a glutton!"

Ki Young gave her a piece of advice. "If you don't eat, your brain won't function well. In fact, your other systems will not function well. See? You are so pale!"

"Eotteohke?" Hee Joo grumbled.

"Why don't you seek the advice of a nutritionist? He can help you plan your food intake," Ki Young told her.

Ki Young knew that she could afford the services of a nutritionist. After all, she is rich.

"Will they give me meat in my diet?" she asked.

"They will, but if you wanted protein products not found in meat, then you can discuss that with the nutritionist. Tofu is one good source, and it is not even meat-based," Ki Young told her.

He thought to himself, "If she is so obsessed with getting thinner and thinner, and if she knew the benefits of vitamins and ginseng, why did she not ask for a nutritionist's advice?"

"Ki Young-oppa, what do I do to be healthy? Is being thin not enough?" she asked.

"Well, er, you need to eat well, exercise, drink eight glasses of water, and sleep well," he said. "You also need to manage your stress, so if Sa Rang and the rest of the girls will bully you, just give them the cold shoulder."

Hee Joo bit her lips in contemplation. The only thing she did was exercise.

"Aish, I think I cannot do the stress management. Sa Rang-eonni and her friends are really annoying!" she said as she kicked her slippers.

"Well, only you can find out what suits you," he said. "Also, do not be afraid to eat delicious foods like chocolates or cakes. That will make you think that you are not depriving yourself of the good stuff in life."

An idea came to him. 

"Ya, I have a nutritionist cousin," he said. "Do you want to meet her?"

Hee Joo looked at her skinny arms. She did not really want to buy the nutritionist idea because, for her, she has no eating disorder.

"I know you don't want to say that you are bulimic, but in other people's point of view, you are really skinny," Ki Young said. "And that worries me."

"Why? Do you always believe what other people say?" she snapped at him.

"It's not like that, Hee Joo-ya," he explained. "Yes, I could hear what they say, but in my own POV, I worry that you are getting very skinny. I worry because I don't want you to get sick. You know, medical care is more expensive than food."

Medical care is more expensive than food.

"You see, if you get ulcers and all, you will seek medical advice, and the doctors will have to order many diagnostic exams and give you a lot of medicines. If it gets worse, you might be hospitalized. And if you are hospitalized, you will miss school. And if you miss school, you might get bad grades, and if...."

"Yeah, yeah, I get what you mean," she replied, still unconvinced. "You wanted to tell me that if I get sick, I will not be able to do my ambition of getting into theater or Broadway, is that it?"

"Bingo," Ki Young said.

He smiled, thinking that he was so cool in discussing those stuff which his nutritionist cousin adviced him. As for Hee Joo, she internalized what Ki Young told him.

Medical care is more expensive than food.

"All right, I am convinced," she said in resignation.

He smiled at her as he convinced her to eat the cake which he brought, and she told him to follow her to the dining room so that they could share the sweet treat.

And true enough, she sought the advice of his cousin, and both of them (Hee Joo and the nutritionist) made plans in which she could get the benefits of healthy food while staying in shape.