For New Year

And They Call Me "Miss Happy"

Bo Woon and Joon Hee were discharged from the hospital, and they were able to get back to school.

A day before New Year, the school suspended classes so that they students could prepare. Joon Hee and Bo Woon hung out at a music store since she was planning to buy some cool headsets.

"I think I want to check some cool songs too," he suggested. 

"Oh, gaja," she replied.

They went near the counter to listen to some mp3's of some songs. One unfamiliar track was listed, and so, Bo Woon decided to listen to the song.

"Hmmm.... the tune sounds catchy," she said as she listened.

The song had some drumworks, but it was dramatic. Joon Hee went to her and looked at her tracklist.

"What's the title of the song?" he asked.

"It says 'Thank You'," she said. "But I don't think this is Japanese."

She gave one earbud to Joon Hee, who listened along with her.

"Who's the artist?" he asked.

"Yeng.... Cons....tan...ti...no," Bo Woon said, trying to pronounce the long name. 

"Hm... the name's not Japanese, all right," Joon Hee said. 

They continued listening to the song, and Bo Woon had to sigh, since she loved the beat but could not even find the translation of the song.

"Somehow, I feel that I could relate to it," she said.

If she only knew.... If she could find the translation to the lyrics, she would understand what the song mean, and could even  sing this to Joon Hee.

Well, this is the English translation of the song. (Song is "Salamat" {Thank You} by Yeng Constantino.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur0_4_QtPRo

 

If this is the last song to sing

I want you to know that you've become a part of me

And if there's something left to say

I want to tell you, you added color to my world.

 

You cried with me.

Because of you, I have hope.

 

This song's for you

And if I lose my voice, I won't regret it

You'll hear from my lips,

Thank you, thank you.

 

I hope you'll hear my heartbeat

You're important to me, so please hear my song.

And if my prayer will be heard

You'll always be there, asking for a chance.

 

I want to tell you

how much I need you.

 

This song's for you

And if I lose my voice, I won't regret it

You'll hear from my lips,

Thank you, thank you.

 

This is the chance

No time to waste

You'll stay in my heart forever.

For you, I'll fight, I'll fight.

 

This song's for you

And if I lose my voice, I won't regret it

You'll hear from my lips,

Thank you, thank you.

 

If only she could understand the song, she could thank Joon Hee for all he had done for her, and that she'll promise to move on.

For you, I'll fight, I'll fight.

They decided to listen to the song again before buying some headsets. Then, they went home to prepare for New Year's Eve.

**************

Hee Joo looked at herself in the mirror. Her frame was still skinny, but because she followed the advice of her nutritionist, she noticed that her skin had a healthy glow, and her hair was smoother and silkier.

"I must give Ki Young a thank you kiss for introducing me to his cousin," she thought. "It feels good to see myself healthy."

But of course! She was also cranky because she was always hungry. Now, she found out that she did not need to be hungry just to stay slim.

When she got down the stairs, she found out that it was already quarter to six in the evening, and Ki Young was waiting for her. She ran to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Gomawo," she replied.

He smiled and felt blood rushing to his head.

"So, are we gonna go?" he asked.

"Gaja" she said, still hugging him.

When she released her grip, he found her to be very happy, and she no longer had the frown that she sported.

"Looks like you're no longer hungry," he .

She punched him and took his hand. 

"Gaja," she reiterated before they left for their date.

********************

Shin and Gyu Won were near the lake, lying down on the grasses. They were positioned head to head, and Shin felt that it felt good to be with her even if they were not talking. Later, he felt he needed to break the silence when he touched her forehead.

"Mwo?" she asked.

Shin looked at the sunset from the distance and pointed it to her.

"The last sunset for this year," he told her.

Gyu Won shifted her position from lying down to lying on her stomach, with her elbows supporting her body. She scooted in front so that her face would be on top of his face.

"Let's meet the new sunset tomorrow," she whispered. "There'd be no classes, right?" 

Shin looked into her eyes and nodded.

"Where are you gonna spend New Year's Eve?" he asked her. "Halabeoji is busy with appointments in Jeju, with Eomma, Jung Hyun, and your Appa tagging along with him."

"I'm gonna spend it with you," she replied.

Shin smiled again. This time, this day was gonna be theirs. If he would want her to spend the night with him in his room and do some crazy stuff, then they could do that ( Shin, har har...). But he respected her a lot, so he thought it would be best to save it for marriage--if they are going to end up together.

Gyu Won played with his hair and smiled back at him.

"Shin-ah, you are the most handsome guy I have ever met," she whispered as she leaned down to kiss him. (Spiderman kiss galore!)

Since Shin was lying down, he just received the kiss she gave him, and he enjoyed doing it the Spiderman-Mary Jane way. When they parted, he blew off his bangs and smiled.

"Cool," he remarked.

She smiled back at him, and leaned sideways so he could kiss her cheeks. Then, she got back to lying position and watched the moon rise.

****************

Joon Hee's eomma was invited by Bo Woon's stepmom over for dinner. Hee Joo's family had their own celebration at home, and had invited very important guests, including Tae Joon. Halabeoji, Sun Ki, Ji Young, and Jung Hyun shared meals together in Jeju Island. Bo Woon's eomma inside the jail, not minding the coming New Year because she had lost her mind.

******

That night, at the Catharsis.

Seok Hyun and Yoon Su rented the whole place, much to Sa Rang and Soo Myung's delight. The whole staff from the musical gathered for the New Year's Eve celebration, and everyone was in high spirits.

The Stupid played along, with Gyu Won singing her songs from her album. The people all joined in the dance floor to sing and dance, and the director and his fiancee joined in. Later, Gyu Won said that, since she was in hiatus and was in school, she'd get back to the spotlight around February of next year.

"So please support me again," she said.

The people howled in delight and joined in the song as she sang again.

Later, Soo Myung looked at his watch. 

"Guys, it's ten minutes before twelve," he announced.

Sa Rang and her friends distributed firecrackers for everyone, and all of them went out. They started lighting up the firecrackers and saw the sky being bright and all. Soo Myung also tuned in to the news to be synchronized with the time. And finally, when it was a minute before twelve, he counted time backwards, and was followed by the crowd. Later...

"Five! Four! Three! Two! One!"

And the sky lit up beautifully.

"Happy New Year!!!!!" they all shouted.

The young people jumped and howled and screamed and made a lot of noise. They lingered for a half hour or so before running back inside Catharsis. Everyone enjoyed their share of food, and Bo Woon fed Joon Hee with a large chunk of meat.

"Gomawo, Eonni!" he said.

She smiled at him and kissed his cheeks, and when she finished, she saw a blush on his cheeks.

"You are soooo cute!" she squealed, as if Joon Hee were her pet.

Just then, Ki Young and Hee Joo joined them at table. There was an air of uneasiness between Bo Woon and Joon Hee when Hee Joo joined in.

"Don't worry, I won't bite," Hee Joo told the couple as she wrapped her arms around Ki Young's arms. "You don't have to be so formal in front of me."

Joon Hee and Bo Woon saw that Hee Joo was happy with Ki Young.

"Chukhahae, eonni," Joon Hee said with his usual childish smile.

"Oh, gomawo," Hee Joo replied before pinching her boyfriend's cheeks. "It's so nice to have a boyfriend who knows how to help me be healthy."

Bo Woon and Joon Hee looked at each other in confusion. They did not understand what she meant, but they realized that Hee Joo was no longer cranky, hungry, and mean. Most of all, they noticed the smile on her face, and the look of love which she only reserved for Ki Young.

Guitar Guy, Bassist Guy, Flute Girl, and Gayageum Girl took the stage and sang songs for the crowd. Seok Hyun was impressed that the girls could carry a tune, and he thought that he could recruit them in case Gyu Won would be busy again.

And speaking of Gyu Won, where is she?

After the New Year greetings, she and Shin decided to walk home. They could have stayed, but Gyu Won said she had cooked some food before she and Shin met near the lake. They decided to celebrate New Year together.

"Is this our first date of the year?" he asked her as they got in the living room.

"Ne," she said as she motioned him to follow her to the dining room.

She placed all the foods she prepared and bought on the low table, and she and Shin ate together.

"Gyu Won-ah," he started. "I'm gonna miss this once you'll get back to being famous again."

She flipped her hair and said. "Well, there's nothing I can't do."

Shin pouted. "Wicked."

Gyu Won smiled and reached across the table to pinch his cheek.

"Shin-ah, don't feel bad," she crooned. "I'll call you, promise."

He smiled at her and proposed another dance.

"You really like dancing with me, huh?" she said.

He nodded and replied. "Geurae. The princess deserves to dance only with her prince."

As they stood up, Shin smacked his hand on his head.

"Oh, how lame of me!"

"Wae?"

"I need to get back to the house, just a minute," he foolishly said before scampering to the door.

Gyu Won followed him, but stayed at the gate. Later, Shin showed up with something from behind him.

"Jeoge mueoshiyeyo (What's that)?" Gyu Won asked.

He smiled as he pulled out the thing he had been hiding. She could not hide her surprise as he handed her a bouquet of red roses.

"For you," he smiled.

Gyu Won squealed as she placed her palms on her cheeks.

"Awww....gomawo....." she replied.

She took it and smelled the roses. Shin smiled, not telling her that he got the roses from the neighbor.

"Let's continue where we left off," Gyu Won said as she invited Shin inside the house.

"We'll be dancing, right?" he said.

Gyu Won nodded. 

"But, there's no music," she told him, and he replied not to worry.

He held her right hand, and placed one hand on her waist, while her left hand landed on his right shoulder.

"Be my princess forever, Gyu Won-ah," he told her.

Gyu Won smiled demurely and replied. "I'll always be yours, my Prince Shin."

They did some waltz again as he sang "Because I Miss You." Later on, after he sang, they wrapped each other in each other's arms, and continued to dance slowly, round and round.

 

****END*****

 

******************************************

Thank you so much for supporting my fic. Thanks for the comments, the love, the inspirations, the sweetness (and the ants). ^_^ Please support my next fic, a Minami Shineyo fic starring our YongShin ♥ couple. 

Next up, Minami Shineyo fic, "Only In My Dream."