Chaerin's Story Part 1: The Challenge

4 Seasons Of Love

On one winter in a certain year...

 

        "What? You.. you want to break up with me?" A girl with a long blonde hair asks to the guy standing in front of her, her voice filled with sadness. "How many times have I told you I've never been in love with you?! Besides, I've found a girl prettier and better than you are. If you want to beg me so that I would come back to you, I don't care. Starting this day, don't ever call me or meet me anymore. Goodbye." The guy in front of her said. All of a sudden, the girl smirk. "Hmph. Do you really think that I would beg you? You're not worth it." She said and turns, her back facing the guy. She lifts her right hand and gave a slight wave to the guy. She walks in tears. All of the sudden snows starting to pile up in the city of Seoul. With the snows starting to pile up, her heart began to freeze towards love.

 

                                                                        *********************************************

 

 

On the same season the following year...

 

         Nae kokjongmalgo go away~  The sound of my ringtone brings me back to reality. It was the beginning of winter. Aishh.. on time like this, those memories always came back to me. I mentally slapped myself. Yah, Lee Chaerin! There's a lot of fish in the sea! Suddenly, my phone stopped ringing. Great, I'm too lazy to answer it anyway. Then, it starts ringing again. I shot a look at the phone that placed on the coffee table in front of me. It's 12.00 p.m. for God's sake! Who the he.ll would call me at this hour! And after a series of staring contest with the phone, I lazily lean forward and took the cellphone. I looked at the number and saw a number that I didn't know.

 

I furrowed my eyebrows and answer the phone. "Umm.. hello?" I tried to speak with the cutest voice I can make. I mean, who knows? if the one who called me is a drop-dead gorgeous guy, he would fall for me upon hearing my voice, right? kekeke.. Then, the caller began to speak, "Yah! Lee Chaerin! I'm not some random drop-dead gorgeous guy you hoped would call you, but I do think I can be a noona-killer." Wait a second... this voice is way too familiar to me. My memories started to flashback to five years ago..

5 years ago...

          "Yah! Lee Chaerin!! Wait for me!!" A boy shouted while running towards me. I stood silently, waiting for him to come closer. He stood in front of me, panting breathlessly. "Yah! How could you leave me just like that!" The boy said. He is Lee Seung Hyun or better known as Seungri, my senior. My family are good friends of his. This guy right here always dubbed himself as the 'Gwangju Noona Killer', apparently because even though he's still in high school, there're so many college girls are dying to date him. Heh, I can't seem to believe it. If only those unnies knew how annoying and irritating he is, they would absolutely run away! Should I tell them? *evil laugh* Oh, by irritating, I would say that every time he met me, he would be nagging about my hair, my clothes, and blah blah blah.

 

How I wish I can punches him, so that he would shut up. And the weird thing is, he always asks me this question, "Yah, Chaerin, have you ever feel anything towards me throughout our friendship?" and the answer I always gave, "Nope. Besides, you're not my type. Why?" with a poker face. Well, what does he expect me to answer to that kind of question? Then, I would see him sighed, and mumbling something under his breath. It's not like I care, anyway. After he graduates from high school, I've never seen him again. Once, I heard my mother said that he extends his studies further in the States.

End of flashback

 

        I am sure the guy who called me is Seungri, but just to make sure, I ask, "Umm.. who is this?". Then, the guy answers, "Yah! It's Seungri, the Gwangju Noona Killer, idiot! How could you not remember me?!" I could hear the way he says the last sentences dramatically. He had always been a drama queen, after all. "Oh! It's you. What do you want?" I ask. He sighs, and answers, "Meet me at White Love Cafe tomorrow at 3. I'll wait for you there." With that, he hangs up. I stare at the phone with disbelief. How could he hang up on me?! Sheesh.. this guy had never changed. I thought while I go back to watching my drama. However, the credits appear on the television screen. What the h.ck?! It had finished! Gaahh!! Lee Seung Hyun, you'll get it from me tomorrow!! I turn off the television and goes to my room. 

 

                                                                        ****************************************************

  

             I look at the mirror. What should I wear for today? Aishh.. I bet he would nag me again even if I wear something nice like he always did back then. So, I just wear my black skinny jeans and a wool coat, paired up with a pair of boots. I did my hair in a high ponytail, which has been my usual style.

 

(A/N: Basically, this is what she wears. Sorry, I'm not good with descriptions..)

 winter clothes

 

           Then, I go out and locks my front door. I took a glance at my watch. 2.00 p.m. I still have a lot of time. Besides, that cafe is just three blocks away from my house. As I walk through the row of shops, I see a guy giving his scarf to his girlfriend and wraps it around her neck. Suddenly, my mind goes back to my ex-boyfriend. Sh.t! Why do I still remembers him?! I mentally slapped myself, again. I thought as I walk, not realizing the cafe is just a step away.

 

Then, I stop and try to open the cafe front door. But then, the door didn't seem to open. I look around and sees a sign hanging on the glass door, which reads; CLOSED FOR TODAY. Oh, I forgot! This cafe never opens on Saturday! That guy!! Now, I have another thing to add to my 'Reasons To Punish Lee Seung Hyun'. I was just about to turn to my back and goes home when a pair of hands closes my eyes. "Hey! Who is this?! I don't have time to play around, you know!" I say, well to be exact, shouting. Then, the person who close my eyes took off his hands. I turn on my back to see who close my eyes.

 

 As soon as I turn, I felt a pair of lips on mine.

 

My eyes grew big, surprised. I pushed the person off me, and sees a guy with an eyebag under his eyes, but he suits it. "Yah! Who are you?! I don't even know you, why did you kiss me?!" I shout with an angry face. Wait a sec.... that eyebag.. now that I look closely, he's Seungri! I thought. Aishh! How can I be so stupid? The only guy with an eyebag and still looks good.. it's definitely him! I smiles awkwardly at him, after realizing who he is. He smirk. "I thought you didn't know me, Chaerin-ah." I answers, "Yes, I know you, but what's with the kiss?! Is it your new way of saying 'Hello'?" with an I'm-annoyed-at-you expression. "How about I challenge you to do something?" He suddenly asks.

 

I look at him with a questioned look. "What is it?" I asks. "Before the first snow falls, I'll make you fall for me. Deal?" He says, with a smirk. Hey, since when he loves to smirk so much? Oh well, drop the question. I have to answer him. I always wins in any challenges, especially with him. And I felt very challenged too. So I answers, "Okay. Besides, I won't fall for you anyway." with a smile. "But, just so you know, if you want to make me fall for you, I don't like the cheesy type of romance, like in chick-flicks," I says, while wagging my finger at him. Okay, I lied. Actually I like those type of romance, but I didn't want him to win this. He smile. "Okay. I understands. The challenge starts tomorrow." 

 


A/N: I hope you like this first chapter.. I typed this with constant sneezing, because of my flu.. I'll update part 2 soon! :)