Kyungsoo's a scaredy-cat!

The attraction towards the Milkman

The wrongness of the place was palpable. Malevolent and quite insane. The blue moon casted its gaze on the intruder, cold and inhumane, its wan light only disturbing his already racing heart. Sweat, perhaps thickened by fear and by curiosity, crawled down his brows as if it were blood. He checked that the clip was seated again, and gripped the gun hard to suppress the creeping terror. The farther he walked only brought him deeper into the looming forest. The silence was uncomfortable, suffocating. Not even the click of a cicada could be heard, As he paced forward, a small voice called out behind him. His eyes widened and his heart froze for a few mere moments. He whirled around, gun held out with shaking sweaty hands, a finger slipping over the trigger. He stifled a scream in sheer terror. Just a few metres away, a small girl stood before him. Dressed in a tattered dirty old fashioned smock, she clasped her hands behind her and rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet, staring at the ground and giggling wildly.
“Who are you!” He cried, voice trembling. “Stay away from me!”
The little girl stopped giggling abruptly. She unclasped her hands and stood upright.
“You don’t like me?” She whispered. “Why do you hate me?” Her voice began to grow in volume and anger.
“I..I” He choked.  His knees were shaking with the dread of this little girl’s presence.
“Do you want me to be alone?” She groaned. “Do you want me to DIE?!?” She screamed. Her voice now sounded like multiple voices speaking at once, both deep and high. She looked up slowly.
He almost fainted in fear when he saw her face. Her eyes had been sewn shut previously but she had forced them open, resulting in shredded bloody eyelids, string hanging limply. had also been slashed open at the sides, creating a wider mouth. As she smiled, the skin tore even more, slightly congealed blood spurting from the mangled wounds. The rest of her face was scarred or crudely stitched. It was as if someone had cut open her face and stuffed rocks under the skin and then attempted to sew it back up. There were various bulges protruding from her face, some stretching the skin until it was almost translucent.
She stepped forward, face twisted in a shape somewhere between a grin and a grimace.
“Do you want this to happen to you?” She screeched. “You don’t know what it felt like…the unbearable pain…being cut apart and put back together only to be cut apart again. I wanted to DIE! Everyday I wanted to die, die, die,DIE!”
As she repeated the word ‘die’ she tore at her hair, until after, she clenched bundles of ripped knotted hair.
He clasped a hand over his mouth, stomach threatening to give up its contents. In blind fear, he turned and ran wildly into the woods, at least getting as far away from that demon child as possible. Running clumsily, he scraped past trees, their branches slashing at his face. As he ran, he heard the girl’s laugh echo from left to right around him.

“Got you!”
He heard her whisper in his ear. Then he felt a small hand wrap around his ankle, yanking it back. He instantly fell to the ground, face hitting the floor. As he was pulled along the bottom of the forest, his chin was lacerated by the rocks and twigs.

Kyungsoo let out a small gasp. He couldn’t handle horror very well, especially if it contained blood and gore. And it was certainly worse when he was sitting right in front of the huge ing screen in the ing cinema.
After their football play date, Jongin had volunteered to take Kyungsoo out again. Jongin suggested cinema since he loved watching movies but he didn’t really have anyone to go to the cinema with. Kyungsoo immediately agreed, blushing with thoughts of them smooching in the shadows at the back. However, when they had arrived and Jongin turned to Kyungsoo and said, smiling,” I got the last tickets to The Experiment!”, Kyungsoo almost said “ this” and was about to turn and walk away with swag.
But obviously, he didn’t want to look like a wimp in front of Jongin so instead he half heartedly cheered and mumbled “Yeah..uh, I’ve been wanting to watch that…”

And that’s how he ended up as he was in the present moment, heart not quite beating regularly due to the large amount of jump scares and palms sweating enough to start training as a water bender. At one point, he’d tried squeezing his eyes shut, only to be interrupted by Jongin asking if anything was wrong. Kyungsoo quickly manned up and flashed a grin, running a shaking hand through his hair.
Of course he couldn’t continue pretending to be suave forever. Eventually, when the film had approached an incredibly creepy scene, Kyungsoo let out a shriek, along with a few other girls, and clutched his heart fearfully. Jongin, however, burst out laughing and tugged on Kyungsoo’s arm.
“Did you see how illogical that was? Totally didn’t make sense, bro.”
However, after hearing no response from Kyungsoo, Jongin impatiently turned towards him.
“Dude! What’re y-“ Jongin paused. Kyungsoo had shrunken down in his chair and the bottom half of his face was hidden in the neck of his baggy jumper. His hands had also retreated into the sleeves of his jumper and his now sleeve-hands were clutched over his ears.
Jongin chuckled to himself. Kyungsoo looked like a scared little child. He thought back to his last girlfriend. ‘If Kyungsoo were a girl right now, he would look adorable.’ Jongin smiled.
“What’s wrong?” Jongin teased. “You scared?”
“Nmh” Kyungsoo’s muffled voice came out from under the jumper.



Author note:
Sorry guys for not writing that much in this chapter. I will continue in the next chapter! It's just that for the past few days, my computer has been malfunctioning and randomly blacking out every five minutes, so i would lose all my data. Now that I've written almost 1000 words, i need to post it before my computer shuts down again!
As always, thanks to all my readers! Hugs
.