Chanyeol wants to play football too

The attraction towards the Milkman

Kyungsoo nervously stared at his reflection in the mirror. Today was Friday, the day he was meeting Jongin for football. He was still taken aback at his own actions when he'd managed to ask Jongin to hang out. Right after Jongin left, Kyungsoo had had a cold shower in an attempt to cool down his burning face and feverish mind. He glanced at his watch in anticipation. It was 4:30 pm. Okay, still half an hour left. Only half an hour left. He surveyed his clothing choice. Deciding to go with something a little more neutral, he was wearing slightly wrinkled skinny jeans, a pair of scuffed trainers and a Messi football shirt that he'd forgotten to return to Luhan. Kyungsoo couldn't stop imagining different ways of interacting with Jongin when they would meet. In fact, he was thinking about it so much that he was getting incredibly skittish. He started wondering if he should even go out at all. The idea of staying at home, swaddled in a blanket, having a movie night with Chanyeol seemed much more ideal and relaxing. He paced up and down his room, running a hand through his hair, messing up the hairstyle he'd spent ages trying to achieve and had never quite gotten it right.

 

Chanyeol was in the next room, playing on his Game boy. Kyungsoo had called him over for emotional support. However, as per usual, Chanyeol was sitting on his bum, not helping anybody.
"Hey, Soo!" Chanyeol called.
"What." Kyungsoo sighed. So far, he'd gotten nothing out of Chanyeol except 'I want to go with you guys too.'
"If this is about the football again, I swear-"
"How do you beat this level on Super Mario?"

Kyungsoo groaned. Here he was, about to spend two hours with the man of his dreams, nervous to quitting point and Chanyeol was asking him about a stupid level?
He stalked out of his bedroom and into the living room. Ill-tempered, he confronted Chanyeol.
"You have been here since three o clock and you haven't even helped me. Seriously."
Chanyeol looked up, eyes big, mock innocence plastered all over his face.
"Well...I did ask to go with you guys...I could ease the awkwardness..."
Kyungsoo closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. All of this was happening too fast. He didn't expect Jongin just to accept, right there and then. The huge ball of feelings was growing to bursting point.
"Whatever. Does this outfit look fine? I don't want to look like I spent ages trying to put it together."
Chanyeol scanned Kyungsoo. "You look fine. And I don't remember Luhan saying that you could use his practice field, hmm?"
Kyungsoo rubbed the back of his neck. "Uh...he didn't. But he's in China right now. It's not like he'll know."
"If that's what you say." Chanyeol smirked. "By the way,please can I tag along? I've got nothing to do. Football sounds really fun."
Kyungsoo exhaled slowly. "I already told you. Jongin thinks you're my roommate and I never told him that my roommate is coming along.This is between us."
Chanyeol glowered." I guess now that you've got your precious Jongin I don't need to stick around anymore?"
Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol. "Chan...are you jealous?"
Chanyeol choked and leapt back. "No!" He scowled, crossing his arms. "I just don't see why I can't come." He pouted.
Kyungsoo snickered. "Pouting won't help." He pointed at Chanyeol's ears. "Your pout in addition to your elf ears look ridiculous."
"Hey!" Chanyeol retorted. "Oh!" His eyes grew round. "! Look at the time."
Kyungsoo's eyes darted to the clock on the wall. 4:50.
"Aah!" Kyungsoo gasped. He held his head in his hands.
"Oh no ... should I go? What will he think of me? Oh Chan...I don't know what to do.." Kyungsoo mewled desperately.
Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo. His trousers and shirt clung to his body in all the right ways and his hair was slightly messy in a ruffled adorable way. His cheeks were a light shade of pink and his eyes were round and wide with apprehension. Chanyeol thought that Kyungsoo never looked better. If he were Jongin, he would've taken advantage and already asked out Kyungsoo.
"Don't worry. You look amazing. You are amazing." was what he wanted to say. He could say it. Kyungsoo would take it as a joke anyway. Every time Chanyeol spoke his mind, he always played it off like a joke before Kyungsoo could become confused. So instead he said, "Chill, dude. Go for it. Show Jongin who the real Kyungsoo is. You're awesome. But you also for not letting me come with you guys."
Kyungsoo managed a weak smile.  "Thanks bro."
DING DONG
Both men jumped at the sound of the loud bell. Suddenly, all colour drained from Kyungsoo's face.
"He's here" He whispered, clutching the bottom of his shirt with his small fists.
Chanyeol stood up and faced Kyungsoo. Placing his hands on Kyungsoo's shoulders, he looked him in the eye.
"Soo. This is your chance. This is Jongin. If you don't try, you won't ever have a chance with him. And having a tiny chance is better than none. So go out there and show the world who's boss."
Kyungsoo felt determination coursing through his veins. Yes. He will show the world that he is boss. He looked up at Chanyeol. He was so grateful towards his best friend. Even though he was a lazy pig most of the time, he was still the nicest, most considerate person Kyungsoo had met. Kyungsoo leaned forward and tightly gripped Chanyeol's waist, his shirt.
Chanyeol was taken aback when he felt Kyungsoo burrow into him for a tight hug.
"You're the best, Chan" His muffled voice was heard.
Chanyeol's heart beat skyrocketed to a million beats a minute and he felt his long arms automatically wrap round Kyungsoo's small figure.
"Uh...um." He coughed. "Jongin is waiting.."
Kyungsoo leapt back in shock. Of course! He grinned at Chanyeol and ran to the door, swinging it open as quickly as possible. He knew that if he waited, he would reconsider his actions.
His jaw dropped to the floor when he saw Jongin. He had only ever seen Jongin in uniform, and as if that wasn't provoking enough, here he was in his own clothes. Jongin was standing on the doorstep, shyly staring at the ground. His hands were clasping and unclasping. Although his behaviour was modest, he certainly didn't look so. He'd turned up with his annoyingly perfect hair, messy and swept in that after- way that made Kyungsoo flustered. He looked like he didn't put effort into his outfit but at the same time it looked like he did because he looked so goddamn amazing. He was wearing skinny jeans and trainers, similar to Kyungsoo, however, on his torso was a maybe too tight fitting t-shirt with artsy designs on it and an ped baggy hoodie, in danger of falling off one shoulder. Nobody could pull off this casual look but seem so damn seductive at the same time. Kyungsoo felt his heart rise up his throat and it seemed to stick in his vocal chords.
"Uh...um...ah.." He stuttered.
"Hi, Kyungsoo!" Jongin grinned his adorable yet flirtatious smile.
'Does he know what he's doing to me?' Kyungsoo thought deliriously.

"Hi Jongin..um .. let's go. It's only 5 minutes from here." Kyungsoo cleared his throat
"Sure! So...where exactly are we going?"
"Oh, my friend Luhan has a football practice field. Since he is on holiday, it's all to ourselves."

Kyungsoo closed the door behind him, taking one last look into the house and seeing Chanyeol hiding behind the sofa, giving him a thumbs up.
As Kyungsoo began to walk down the street, he felt Jongin's arms occasionally brush against his own. He had to hurry to keep up with Jongin's long strides. The air was slightly chilly and the moon was already peeking out from the dim sky. Kyungsoo risked a glance at Jongin's face and immediately swallowed, trying to push away the thoughts that'd fled into his head.
Jongin's hands were shoved into his pockets and he whistled.
"So...what made you think of this meet up? I'm kinda just your milk man."
"Oh." Kyungsoo laughed nervously. Now he wished that Chanyeol had come along. "It was just ... out of the blue. I like to get to know people around me. You seemed really nice....so.."
Jongin puffed his cheeks out and blew into the air. It formed a cloud of white condensation. "Hey Kyungsoo ... I'm really glad that you asked me. My friends don't usually hang out with me. I miss just having fun, y'know?"
Kyungsoo felt taken aback. "B-but why? You're so cool- I-i mean you seem so cool."
"Well." Jongin smiled sadly. "That's it exactly. My so called friends think I'm too 'cool' for them. I think they have some sort of grudge against me. They always act like they want to be me. Don't know why though. It's ... strange."
Of course, Kyungsoo knew why. Everything Jongin did, from running a hand through his hair to delivering milk, he did it flawlessly. He could've been drenched in rain, beaten to a pulp and worn ugly clown clothes and still look mesmerising. Undoubtedly, everyone would want to be him.
Kyungsoo decided to pry for more information. "So these friends..." He asked lightly. "Do you hang out with them often?"
Jongin sighed dejectedly. "Not really. I wouldn't call them my friends exactly...um..I'm kind of a loner..."
Kyungsoo was completely stupefied. He'd looked up to Jongin like an idol, godly almost, for so long that he'd imagined his whole back story. Jongin, the dashing superstar, girls falling at his feet and enough friends to form an army. But in reality...he seemed ..vulnerable.
"
So..you didn't have any ... relations?" Kyungsoo inquired.
Jongin's face seemed to crumple in a fraction of a second. But he quickly straightened up and plastered on a far away look.
"My ...girlfriend. She b-broke up with me a fortnight ago. I loved her so much....she said hanging around me was intimidating her guy friends. No one sticks by my side for too long anyways. I'm used to it by now."
Kyungsoo inhaled sharply. Thoughts were running through his mind at a speed where he couldn't cope. Jongin was straight?! People rejected him? Kyungsoo knew that he himself didn't have very many friends but to think that Jongin was alone....and was straight....
Well now my plans go out the window, Kyungsoo thought. But if he couldn't be his boyfriend, he would at least be his friend and comfort him.
"I'm sorry.." Kyungsoo whispered in a hushed tone.
"Don't be!" Jongin laughed carelessly. "I'm fine. I've never been one for a long lasting relationship anyway. I think.."
"Oh.." Kyungsoo murmured. He raised his eyes to se that they were rapidly approaching the entrance to the practice field. To get in, there was a code to be entered into a pad. Luckily, Kyungsoo had witnessed Luhan punching in the code countless times and it wasn't like Luhan was particularly discreet after all.
Jongin stood behind Kyungsoo while he was putting in the code. He rubbed his hands together to create heat and blew on them.
Ding. Click.
"Let's go!" Kyungsoo motioned towards the open gate and half jogged into the open space. He ambled along to the control box just a few metres away and fumbled open the cover with cold fingers. Flicking the switch in the upper left corner, the huge spotlights flickered on, casting a white light over the field, illuminating the area with its bright glow.
Jongin laughed loudly and ran into the field, spinning round with arms out.
"This is awesome!" He cried out.
Kyungsoo jogged up to him, smiling because when Jongin is happy, he is happy. There were a few spare footballs lying around the pitch and Kyungsoo dribbled one over to Jongin.
"So." Jongin turned and smirked at Kyungsoo. "You're a fan of Messi."
Kyungsoo blushed and chewed on his lip. "N-not really...I borrowed this shirt from a friend.."
"Well, let's see how good you are." Jongin grinned cheekily, and tackled the ball from Kyungsoo.
"H-hey!"

They spent the next hour just playing simple footie games and trying out different tackles. Both of them were not too bad at football and even though Jongin wasn't particularly amazing at football, each move he carried out was unsullied and faultless. He was like a gazelle, moving with astonishing speed and impeccable grace. He didn't even have to be good at what he was doing, but he still looked incredible. In the short time of an hour, the two of them had bonded considerably. Jongin, probably very lonely and not used to having proper friends immediately took a liking to Kyungsoo's bubbly pleasant personality and warmed up to him. Kyungsoo on the other hand felt like the real Jongin was far better than his imagined Jongin. His previous thoughts of Jongin were that he was hugely popular and slightly cocky. However the real him, the cheeky thoughtful him was infinitely better in every dimension. Even though the evening was chilly and raised goose bumps on their skin, after viciously playing for 60 minutes, they were drenched in sweat and breathing hard.
"Want to stop?" Kyungsoo panted. He dropped to his knees on the floor and wiped his forehead hastily.
"Yeah, I'm so hot." Jongin replied, flopping down on the floor next to Kyungsoo.
'You are hot' Kyungsoo thought, immediately blushing after and shook his head to scatter his dirty thoughts.
"Wow. I soaked my t-shirt. Gross." Jongin muttered, looking down at his stained shirt. He thought for a moment and shrugged. Reaching his hands down the the bottom of his shirt, he grabbed the hem of the fabric and pulled the shirt up and over his head. He tossed the crumpled ball of material to the side and lay back down, arms propped behind his head and stared at the night sky.
Kyungsoo was too busy trying to cool himself off to notice that Jongin was in the process of removing his shirt. However, he heard the shirt being discarded to the side, the soft thwump of clothing. He froze at once and turned his head slightly to the side to risk a peek at Jongin. His eye widened as they traveled down his body, his smooth stomach with subtly lined abs, his skin slick with sweat. Kyungsoo was now busy trying to control his breathing. He immediately looked away as if his eyes had been burned.
"You alright?" Jongin said almost lazily, the words rolling effortlessly off his tongue.
Kyungsoo didn't reply because he was pretty sure that he would explode because Jongin looked so ing y and he couldn't deny that he was so overwhelmingly and the only thing that's running in his head is Jongin Jongin Jongin.
"Good...I-I'm good..." He stuttered. He felt the blood rushing to the south of his body.
Damnit! Kyungsoo thought He's doing this much to me and he's only shirtless? What's wrong with you!
"Kyungsoo?"
Kyungsoo sat cross legged and shoved the ball into his lap, furious with himself and attempting to disguise his problem.
"Yeah?" He stared at the ball nestled in his lap, refusing to make a potential mistake.
"I just want to say...this is the most fun I've had in a long time."
Jongin's soft voice was so enticing. Kyungsoo risked a glance at him. Jongin had rolled onto his side and propped up his head with one arm. His other hand was tracing circles on the grass.
Kyungsoo immediately squeezed his eyes shut. This man looks so godly yet he's not even trying...the thought of it was breath taking.
Jongin looked at Kyungsoo's wrinkled face, his features scrunched up in an endeavor to contain his feelings.
"Kyungsoo...why are you making that face? It's so weird and cute." Jongin chuckled.
Kyungsoo gasped. Cute. Jongin called me cute! Admittedly, Kyungsoo didn't like being called cute. Chanyeol always about it. But to think...Jongin...
Kyungsoo squished his face shut even more in embarrassment, feeling the heat grow on his cheeks.
Jongin rolled over onto his back again. "So.." He mused. " Do you want to hang out again? I don't really have anyone else to hang out with after all...."
Kyungsoo's eye widened in excitement. This was his chance! He fell forward onto all fours with thrill.
"Yes!" He cried. "Let's!"
Jongin looked at Kyungsoo and chuckled. "Well, you seem excited. Bit of a loner too?"
He sat up and faced Kyungsoo. "Since you took me here...I can take you somewhere next."
Kyungsoo grinned a smile so wide, it might have very well reached his ears.
"I would really like that."




Author note :)
I just had to include the photo of Jongin, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol! How perfect is that for my story! Kaisoo are together in one corner too aww. It's so cheesy too, it makes me laugh a little XD
Thanks to all my readers :D love you all!