Project Win Kai's Heart Pt 4

The attraction towards the Milkman

"Okay." Kyungsoo looked Chanyeol in eye. "Stop goofing around. This is our last idea. And it all relies on you."
Chanyeol was in the middle of trying to balance a book on his ear. 
"Aw man." He groaned. "I thought that this would work. Well, considering how big my ears are, heh."
"Maybe a spoon would be better..." He mused, then darted off to the kitchen. Kyungsoo could hear him rattling around in the kitchen drawers. He rolled his eyes at Chanyeol's derpy behaviour. The clanking of metal got louder.
"A ha!" Kyungsoo heard Chanyeol's exclamation of triumph. "A spoon...not big enough! Do you have baby hands Soo? Something else..." He muttered.
"Woah-ho! haHA! YES!" Chanyeol burst out.
"What's it this time?" Kyungsoo sighed, turning his head to look in Chanyeol's direction. Chanyeol was brandishing an object above his head.
"Chan, what are you- NO! Not my kitchen knife! Put that down you maniac! What are you? A lunatic?!?!"
Chanyeol shuffled back to the living room meekly. "I though that I could balance the blunt side..." He whined.
Kyungsoo face palmed himself. "And this is the man that is going to come up with the revolutionary plan to get Kai to fall for me people." He narrated to his pretend audience.
"Whaa-aat!" Chanyeol shrugged. "I'm popular 'cos of my awesome crazy behaviour!" He protested.
"Where?" Kyungsoo scoffed. "Popular? Yeah right..."
"Hey!" Chanyeol grumbled. "No need to make fun of me. No wonder you're called satan. Anyhoo, I have come up with an idea. Motivated by my balancing skills. Also, y'know how all the previous plans were told from Kai's point of view? Well this time, I will also include your point of view."
"Okaaaay...?" Kyungsoo nodded. "This sounds good. Say it."
Chanyeol nodded confidently. "I call it .... Secret Spy Mission: Soo 007. Other wise known as The double S-M"  *(author note: the SM pun was not intended)

Scenario #4

Kyungsoo waited nervously behind the door with baited breath. He glanced at his watch. 8:29. Kai should be here soon. Just to make sure, he dug his mini electronic screen out from his pocket and glanced at the camera feed, live streamed from the mini cameras he'd installed throughout the street. Yes. Kai's van was approaching from the left corner, at direction 10 o'clock. Bringing his sleek black leather bracelet up to his mouth, he flicked a small hidden switch on the underside of the bracelet.
"Agent Haprus come in." He whispered into his micro transmitter.
"Agent Haprus in. Is this Agent Pororo? Over." The tiny voice blasted out from the flesh coloured ear piece hidden in his ear.
"Affirmative. This is Agent Pororo. Have you gotten a visual on the target? Over."
"Yes. My HD auto locking binoculars have tracked him using facial recognition."
"Are you ready to execute the plan?"
"Couldn't be more ready. And Sir. I ... you."
"You what me?
"I ... you."
"Agent? Please 
clearly specify your objective."
"Sir, I was saluting you. I salute you."
"I have no visual on you Agent! You must communicate by audio only! And we aren't the army god damnit! We aren't those fools. We're more refined."
"But Sir. My dad was a lieutenant."
"No time for petty arguments Agent! Is everything in place? And call me Agent. How do they train you young spies these days...disgraceful!"
"Affirmative Si- I mean Agent Pororo. I think that we are fully prepared."
"Alright. Stand in place Haprus. I see the target approaching the door. Plan starts in 3...2...and launch! Over."
"Yes Sir! Wow this is so exciting for a first mission...."
"Agent!"
"Sorry,sorry...."

Kyungsoo tensed as he heard the familiar knocking on the door. This was it. Straightening up, he slid the mini screen back into his pocket and rested his hand on the door. Putting on his heart shaped smile, he swung open the door.

Kai knocked on the door. As always, he expected to be greeted by the adorable man with the unique heart shaped smile. Kai thought that he was pretty cute, but he was just a customer. Someone in his professional life, not his private. His mind occasionally wandered throughout the day, but it rarely ever landed on this man. Think of it like...seeing a cute waiter at a restaurant. You think about him when you see him. Like, wow damn. But after, he crosses your mind less and less each day. He still wanders around in there somewhere. But he's just lost.
The door swung open and indeed, he was standing there. Kai always was slightly suspicious of him. He seemed too friendly. And was very careful about what he did. The man always seemed to be knowing of something that Kai didn't know.

"Good Morning!"
"Good Morning to you too. May I have your empty bottle?"
"Sure. I'll go get it."
....
"Here. Sorry I took awhile"
"Thanks. Here's your new bottle."
"Thank you. And how are you today?"
"Uh-uhm...I'm fine, I guess. And you?"
"Great! Well actually..."


As this conversation and exchange was happening, Chanyeol, clad in a camouflaged suit, rose up behind the bush that he was hiding behind and got another look at the target with his favourite auto locking binoculars. Agent Pororo had given it to him when he had officially joined the Secret Service. It had a ton of cool abilities, including shooting a tiny dart out of the center at anyone who the binoculars had locked on if he pressed a certain button. He was very happy that he was assigned to have Agent Pororo as his mentor spy. Agent Pororo was strict and serious about his work, but softened up when Chanyeol made silly jokes or poked fun at him.
As Kyungsoo distracted Kai, Chanyeol sneaked up behind Kai's van. Crouching just out of view, he reached into his spy belt and slipped out a tiny GPS transmitter, with microphone included. He pressed it onto the underside of the vehicle. Taking in the location of it, and the sleek design, it was almost invisible to the human eye. Not that Kai would be checking there anyway.
Chanyeol scooted alongside the car until he got to the driver's door. Peeking in through the window, he used his precious binoculars to zoom in on the door lock. He sighed. It was manual. This was going to take longer than he'd planned. He pulled out a thin piece of metal out from his belt. It looked rather like a metal pencil, circular in shape. The end had a small hook. He gripped the end and pulled it. It expanded from within itself to create a far longer stick. Imagine pulling the antenna on a radio to make it longer. He smiled to himself in relief when he realised that he was on the passenger side. This meant that there were far less wires he needed to avoid. Chanyeol peeled back the black rubber weather stripping along the lower edge of the car window. He gently slid the thin metal wire into the gap between the 
window and the weather stripping. He moved the wire around until he felt a pin. He hooked the pin with the hooked end of his stick and gently pulled towards the rear of the car. He heard the clicking of the door unlocking and wiped his forehead from sweat. Lightly pulling open the door, he slipped inside and pulled out a small black object the size of a pin head. It was the new generation of spy cameras, not even released to the MI6 yet. He attached it to the back of the rear view mirror, facing the window, so they would be able to monitor what he would see out of the window. He heard Agent Pororo's voice getting louder and Chanyeol's head snapped up in surprise. He squinted his eyes and saw that the target was starting to turn back. Agent Pororo was desperately blabbering. Chanyeol freaked out and decided that he needed to get out of here, now. Slipping out of the car, he closed the door soundlessly and dived behind his bush. No more than a few seconds later, he heard footsteps approaching the car. The opening of a car door sounded and the engine revved. The car began to drive off. Once Chanyeol couldn't hear it anymore (Which was hard because he was wearing the newest ear enhancing technology) he jumped out of the bush and ran towards Agent Pororo. 
"Yes!" He exclaimed, fist pumping


"Thank you. And how are you today?"
Kai gulped when he heard the question. This wasn't like their usual conversation. They just said hi, exchanged bottles, bye and ...left. Why was the man prolonging him? Not to be rude he answered.
"Uh-uhm...I'm fine, I guess. And you?"
"Great! Well actually, the most strangest thing happened yesterday. I saw something crash just a few kilometers out. Yeah, it was coming down real fast. I'm not sure if it was on the news..."
Kai kept on his fake smile. What was this man talking about? He needed to deliver to other people's houses too. He didn't want to rush him but...god! He wanted to leave!
"....and you know all this talk of aliens and paranormal activity, well I'm just not sure I..."
Kai subtly glanced at his watch. 8:03. He really needed to go. He was on a tight schedule.
"...I thought I saw flashing lights the other day, you know, during the power cut-"
"I'm really sorry." Kai slightly bowed. "I have to go...gotta keep a schedule."
"Oh!" The man exclaimed. His eyes flickered to the side, beside Kai's head. 
What was he looking at? Kai started turning his head around on instinct.
"Wait!"
The man's voice brought him to his attention. He turned his head back around.
"I have a friend that wants milk too. Can you deliver to them?"
"Yes." Kai sighed inwardly. "Here's my company card. Just call the number on it or email to arrange anything."
"Thank you. I'm sorry...for talking too much. I must've delayed you."
"Oh no, that's fine." Kai smiled. "I'll be off now." Kai wasn't that bothered. He knew that the man meant well.
He turned around to leave.


As soon as Kai turned his back and Kyungsoo shut the door, Kyungsoo quickly crouched down and whispered into his bracelet.
"Haprus! Come in! Was the plan a success?"
"....."
The only reply Kyungsoo received was static. His face paled. Kyungsoo promptly stood up and opened the door. He scanned the area outside.
Suddenly, Chanyeol leapt out of a bush and ran up to Kyungsoo fist pumping.
"Yes!" He exclaimed. "Did you see that Sir? Did you see that? Ha!"
Kyungsoo smiled fondly. "I must admit Agent. I was surprised that you managed to execute the plan in under 5 minutes. That's impressive for a junior spy."
 "Surprised! Did I shock you?" Chanyeol jumped around like an excited puppy.
"Only mildly." Kyungsoo looked amused. "Haprus, calm down. I must tell you an evaluation."
"Ha ha HA!" Chanyeol raised his hand for a high five.
"Haprus!" Kyungsoo's stern voice quieted Chanyeol down. "Come on in. Remember, we have a level of discretion."
As both entered the house, Kyungsoo turned to Chanyeol.
"Listen here Junior. You should know that I was trained in vocal technique for many years."
"Singing?"
"No! Persuasion. The target did not seem distracted by my attempts at all...how peculiar."
"Yeah! He was totally not distracted! When I saw him start to turn around, I really had to hurry."
"And how did you get on, Junior?"
"Well. I attached a micro GPS and microphone to the underside of the car. Also, a camera to the underside of the rear view mirror so we can see out his window."
"Well done. All according to plan. Though...why did you put a microphone on the underside of the car? The noise will be nothing but the engine."
"I built that microphone myself! It reduces background noise and picks up human voices up to 50 metres away."
"I certainly am impressed Junior. No starter agent could do that. I'll see if you can be raised a level..."
"Oh yes please Sir!"
"Now let's get the technology working and then we can track his every move...."


Chanyeol stopped talking abruptly when he realised that Kyungsoo was laughing. Kyungsoo lay on the floor rolling around.
"Wow." Chanyeol whistled. "I've seen you go through many emotions when I tell you stuff. But not ... laughing?"
Kyungsoo sat up. He wiped his eyes.
"Ah. Well. You really are clueless about romance. First aliens and dinosaurs. Now...spies? Ahahaha"
"Stop clapping your hands while laughing." Chanyeol sulked. "You look like a seal."
"You do it." Kyungsoo giggled. "Clueless clueless Chanyeol. The triple C." He burst into a fit of laughter once again, throwing his head back.
"I do know about romance!" Chanyeol protested lamely. "King of romance" He mewled. "I know what it's like to take a girl out on a date...um I'm not shy or anything!" He declared defiantly.
"Whatever." Kyungsoo chortled. "What do our agent names mean anyway?"
"Um." Chanyeol blushed. "You look like Pororo...and my name is Happy Virus. 'Cos I'm always happy. See? It becomes Haprus."
"Wait. We can't get this spy stuff either. I haven't been trained. And we won't stalk him! Well maybe...Anyway! Your ideas are way more unrealistic than mine!" Kyungsoo argued.
"Fine" Chanyeol huffed.
"But first...Clueless clueless Chanyeol!" Kyungsoo leapt up and taunted Chanyeol.
"Oh no you don't!" Chanyeol hollered, and tackled Kyungsoo head on.