Chanyeol's Backstory

The attraction towards the Milkman

Chanyeol frowned. He didn't like the way Kyungsoo followed Jongin around like a lost puppydog all the time. Ugh. Just last month, he came trailing back from the cinema with Jongin. He didn't know why they came back early or why Jongin's crotch was soaking wet but he sighed and rolled his eyes before plastering on a silly grin and opening the door for them. They came in laughing hysterically 'over some joke?' Chanyeol thought, and welcomed them in. In the end, after Jongin went back home, Kyungsoo excitedly warbled on about his horrific-but-in-the-end-actually-okay accident with the water spillage on Jongin. Chanyeol was beginning to see a close relationship blossoming inbetween them. He didn't like it.
Nowadays, he was hardly spending any time at all with Kyungsoo. Tired of hearing about Jongin all the time, he aborted his sleepover and glumly headed back to his flat, only half an hour away.

He wondered if Kyungsoo knew anything. He wondered if he still had a chance. Probably not.

Even though he knew it was pathetic, every time he saw Kyungsoo grin at Jongin like he was a once in a lifetime shooting star, he felt a wave of envy wash over him. Growing up, him and Kyungsoo had been in the same class when they were twelve years old. Back then he used to have the highest voice in his class (oh the irony) and everyone made fun of him, telling him to go join the girls. One day, everyone was messing around backstage, just a few hours before the annual school play. The worst boys, with their ringleader, Kris, had thrown one of the costume dresses at him. It was completely over the top, pink and frilly. They surrounded him and started jeering at him, laughing and pushing him to put it on. Chanyeol was so confused and overwhelmed and his eyes welled up with unshed tears. Kris pointed at him and shouted " Hey, Channie is crying! What are you, a baby? You gay coward!"
Chanyeol felt a blow against his heart. "I'm not gay!" He cried, protested.
 That was when it happened.
Kyungsoo burst onto the scene. Before that year, they were in different classes, but Kyungsoo was known for being awfully considerate and what the girls called "Husband Material".
He stood at the side and stared at the scene that was unraveling before his eyes. Stepping in, he tapped Kris on the shoulder. 
"Excuse me" He said politely. "If you like that dress so much, why don't you try it on? I'm sure it would look just as good as you would like it." He said sincerely, eyes shining innocently.
Kris spluttered. "Wha- what? Get out of here, we aren't talking to you." He huffed.
Kyungsoo shrugged absent mindedly. "Well then who are you talking to? The dress? I know its nice, but please, refrain from falling in love with inanimate objects."
The rest of Kris's gang sniggered quietly, quickly stopping when he shot them a look of daggers.
Kris scowled. "Listen punk," He growled. "Stop trying to defend your friend. You aren't helping."
Kyungsoo's eyes narrowed. "Oh him? I'm just a classmate. We're all in the same class Kris. You should know that. Or are you relying on your precious dress to defend you?" He grinned slyly. "Don't be an ."
Kris moved forward, face trembling in anger.
Chanyeol stood behind Kyungsoo, nervously looking side to side, clutching the dress in his shaking fists.
Kyungsoo turned to him. "Just go. Leave the dress."
The moment their eyes met, Chanyeol felt a spark through him and his heart stopped for a fleeting moment. Who was this beautiful boy, this saviour? He let the dress slip out of his hands and turned and ran out.
In the end, Kyungsoo managed to avoid any real trouble from Kris and his group of lackeys although he had a bruise on his shoulder from when Kris angrily slammed him into a wall later. 

 

 

Both of them attended swimming club and it was only when Chanyeol shyly took a peek at Kyungsoo while in the changing rooms that he saw Kyungsoo slipping his ed shirt off one shoulder, revealing an ugly purple bruise just above his shoulder blade.
Immediately, Chanyeol shrank in horror, knowing the cause. Since the dress thing happened, Chanyeol had only meekly shuffled up to Kyungsoo in class, whispering a weak "thank you.".
But this was worse. Knowing that this angelic boy was hurt, stained, because of him, set a new hatred for Kris alight.
Almost at once, Chanyeol found himself rushing over to Kyungsoo, breathlessly asking what happened, did kris do this?, I am so incredibly sorry, I didn't mean for trouble.

To his surprise, Kyungsoo didn't get mad. He didn't swat Chanyeol away like an annoying fly. He just put a hand on his shoulder and smiled.
"Chanyeol." He stared into his eyes. "I'm fine." Then he turned around and continued to change into his swimsuit.
Chanyeol felt Kyungsoo's touch still lingering on his shoulder and blushed profusely.
"K-Kyungsoo!" He cried suddenly. Kyungsoo turned around. "Hmm?"
Chanyeol blushed again and stared at the ground.
"U-um...I would feel really bad if I didn't help you back...no, no don't protest! I want to do it..I'll help! Anything!"

And so he resorted to helping Kyungsoo out with menial tasks in the classroom, feeding the class pet, offering to hand out the textbooks, and eventually practising swimming after the club had already finished. Over time they grew together, Chanyeol becoming more silly and immature to mask his feelings, his voice deepening rapidly, Kyungsoo opening up as a giggly adorable sweet guy.
By the time they were 16 and growing into young men, they were inseparable, calling each other silly names like Yeolla and Kyungie . Chanyeol felt like he had the perfect life. He had gotten taller and stronger than Kris and he'd already made it clear to Kris that he would never touch Kyungsoo again or there would be consequences. No one called him girly anymore and no one made fun of his voice. Now that his voice had deepened ridiculously, all the girls were drooling over him which made him feel a little shy and awkward. He became more popular because of his likeable silly personality and he was doing well grade-wise at school.

He had a few other friends, some he shared with Kyungsoo, like Luhan. Luhan was a nice guy, smart and charming, very popular with the girls. He was foreign, exotic. And Chen. Man, he'd had some great times with Chen. Chen was always the prankster, the troller, the class clown and they'd got on very well because of their similar personalities. Although he felt a little guilty because now everyone was picking on some guy named Tao. He kept boasting about his wushu skills but no one really cared and they just made fun of his childish behaviour.
 

 

 

Chanyeol grimaced, thinking back to his childhood. When him and Kyungsoo were the best of friends. When people used to mention them together. But, now it's not Chan and Soo, It's oh Jongin, amazing Jongin and his little admirer Kyungsoo.
Chanyeol lazily slid his phone out of his pocket.
Hey Soo. What's up. Sorry, I headed back home 1st. Didnt have much to do. Needed to clean my flat. XD.

He waited. And waited. He got up. Walked around. Made some toast. He jumped when he heard the buzz of a new message.

 

K : Chan? y did you txt me?

 

C : Just2 check up on you. Doing ok?

 

K : great actually! Jongin says he wants 2 take me to an awesome themepark this weekend! he said that he rlly wanted 2 go but felt awkward if he went alone :3

 

C : tht sounds pretty cool. can i come?

 

K : we can go together in the summer!

 

C : sooo...wt does tht mean?

 

K : well...y'kno ..alone time with Jongin..EEEK!

 

C : i guess. Promise you'll come wth me in the smmer?

 

K : sure.

 

C : Promise?!?!? No Jongin. just us. like th old times.

 

K : fine fine i promise. wts the big deal?

 

C : nothign. see you.

 

K : um bye? Chan. Don't forget.
 

C : what

 

K : You are my absolute best friend. never forget that.

 

C : thanks. love you, bro.

 

K : yup. see ya.

 

Chanyeol wasn't sure if Kyungsoo's last message made him feel better or worse. Because his life wasn't perfect anymore. And he'd been trying to change the one thing that ruined it, he tried to force himself to change it but he couldn't.

 

He was gay.

 

 

For his best friend.

 

 

 

 

 

Hope you guys enjoy the new chapter! I wanted it to end really cool and dramatic loool not sure if it worked out so please let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments! I kind of just made up Chanyeols backstory in one go. If you haven't seen their newest video called Lightsaber, definitely check it out, its pretty cool, especially if you are a starwars fan.
I'm also a starlight so be sure to check out VIXX's newest M/V called Chained up. Its a bit weird, but cool nonetheless. Who are your favourite groups/ biases? let me know in the comments!
and as always, thanks to all my awesoooooome beautiful readers!
love
Ava