Project Win Kai's Heart Pt 2

The attraction towards the Milkman

"Hey Soo, I've got an idea. Pass me the pen." Chanyeol caught the pen that was tossed to him and bent over the notebook. He drew another line extending from the center and scribbled something next to it. He stood up triumphantly after. Kyungsoo bent over the notebook, eyes squinting at Chanyeol's scrawly handwriting.
"Robbery defence - Hero: Kyungie" Kyungsoo slowly read out. "What does that mean?" He questioned.
"Well" Chanyeol triumphantly pushed his chest out. "You will attract Kai by your pure awesomeness. Let me explain! So here's how it goes..."

Scenario #2

Kai knocked on the door. He waited for a few seconds and was greeted by a smiling face when the door swung open. He had seen the man in front of him many times, he delivered his milk on a daily basis. He found him cute, although nothing much more.
"Hi! How are you this wonderful morning?" The smaller man grinned cheerfully. Kai smiled back. This man's happiness was infectious.
"I'm great thanks. And you?" 
"I'm good. Be careful going out there. I've heard that there are dodgy people about recently."
"I'll be careful, thanks for telling me. May I collect your empty bottle?"
"Yeah sure, let me go get it."
Kai watched as the smaller man turned back into his house and walked into another room. He started whistling absent mindedly and tapped his foot while he waited.

"Don't move."

Kai froze. He felt something cold pressing against the back of his head and a deep voice was growling in his ear. He froze in fear, unable to make a sound.

"I'm going to take your van. This house looks pretty nice too. I'm going to rob it. If you try to fight back I will shoot you."

The voice was harsh and unforgiving.Kai swallowed, quaking in his shoes. He realised that the barrel of a gun was pressed to his head and shook even more. He didn't want to die. Kai thought back to the movies, how people reacted when they were on the brink of death. He decided that the movies were unrealistic. In real life, he could feel adrenaline start to course through his veins but he was too shocked and scared to move a muscle. His body felt paralysed, as if he couldn't actually move. And so he stood there in silence like an idiot, eyes blinking rapidly like a goldfish. 

Oh no. He felt like fainting when he realised that the man was still in the house, unaware of what was happening. He opened his mouth to call for help, but quickly shut it again when he heard the sneering voice .

"Trying to call for help? Hah. Don't even think about it."

Kai felt the cold metal press impossibly harder against his head. His head was starting to ache from the pressure being put on it from the gun. He opened his mouth and let out a quiet croak. He decided to be valiant. He may die but he won't let anyone else die.
He slowly stuttered.
"P-please...may I s-say something?"

"What?" The harsh voice came again. He could feel the man's heavy breathing next to his ear. He shuddered against the hot breath.

"There's a man in that h-house. He's a good m-man, please, please, you don't n-need to hurt him." Kai felt sweat rolling down his forehead.

"Only one man? Are you sure about that?" The voice snarled.

"Y-yes. I deliver to his house d-daily. I'm certain he l-lives alone." Kai stuttered.

"Okay, sorry I took a while, I was-" The man had arrived back at the doorway. As he saw Kai, he sentence stopped abruptly. The man's mouth was open in a face of horror and the empty milk bottle he held loosely slipped out of his hand and hit the floor with a crash. Shards of broken glass scattered everywhere. The man looked into Kai's pleading eyes.

"Please. Tell me what you want. We can deal with this humanely." 
Kai was shocked at this man's calm assertive tone. He himself was about to pass out from fear.

The wolf like voice spoke up from behind him.

"I want to steal this guy's van. And I will need to take some things from your house. Don't try to call the police or stop me. I'm willing to shoot."

The smaller man swallowed visibly. "Alright." He said in his soothing voice. "You can take the car. What do you want from my house? I will give it to you. Just...please...don't hurt that man."

The robber sniggered behind Kai. "Bring out your phones. Any phone you have. Mobile or landline. All of them."

The man nodded and walked back inside. He returned again quickly, holding a smartphone and two land line phones in his arms. He placed them on his doorstep and looked towards the robber. He didn't make eye contact with Kai.
Kai heard the robber rustling around behind him. He saw the robber's arm extend from the corner of his eye and watched as he threw a hammer to the ground in front of the smaller man.

"Smash them. And don't think of using that hammer as a weapon. One wrong move and this man dies."

"W-what?" The smaller man's eyes grew large. "Smash ... them?"

"DO IT." The robber roared. He kicked the back of Kai's knees so that Kai tumbled onto the the ground. His knees hit the ground with a sickening crack. Kai now sat in a kneeling position. He trembled with fear, fighting to keep in a scream at the pain.

The man in the doorway gasped and took a step back. Nervously, he reached for the hammer and picked it up hesitantly. In one clean , the man brought the hammer down onto the jumble of devices. He began to repeatedly strike the pile until it was reduced to a mass of twisted broken plastic.
He straightened up, breathing heavily, and tossed the hammer back towards the robber. The hammer landed a few feet in front of Kai and skidded forward to rest just in front of his knees.

Without warning, the robber struck the side of Kai's head, just above the ear, with the of the gun. Kai's head snapped to the side and he crumpled to a heap on the ground. The world was spinning around and he couldn't think of anything except how he could feel something trickling down the side of his head and all he could see was white. In the distance, he heard the smaller man let out a small shriek . He struggled to keep his eyes open as he saw the robber walk around his twisted figure and grab the hammer.Pain exploded around his head and he almost fainted with agony. Using all his strength, Kai used his weak arms to scoot backwards until his back hit the wooden pole of the post box. He rested in the slightly slumped position and raised his head to observe what was happening. He felt a sharp intake of breath when he realised that the robber was striding towards the smaller man in large steps, using his long legs. The robber that strangely looked like Chanyeol walked up to the smaller man's doorstep, about to raise the gun to his head when-

crunch.

"Aaaauuugh!"

​The robber had stepped in the broken glass. The particularly long shard he had stepped in had punctured through the sole of his shoe. Kai even winced. Kai's eyes suddenly widened in awe when he saw the smaller man quickly throw a punch at the robber's face while he was distracted. The man then caught the robber's arm and twisted it around, until there was a sickening crack. The robber howled in pain and dropped his gun. The man quickly reached down and grabbed the fallen gun, not wasting a second, and pointed it at the robber. The robber's eyes widened in fright.

"You son of a ...get on your knees." The man snarled in rage.

The robber wildly looked around in desperation. Slowly, he sank to his knees. Then, the man whipped out a pair of handcuffs that were cleverly hidden in his pocket and handcuffed the man to the porch railing.

"You should've done some research before trying to rob my house." The man glared. "You wouldn't have messed with a police officer would you? Too bad I'm one. Your stupid invasion didn't work. I didn't destroy all my phones and when I went inside to get them, I grabbed this pair of hand cuffs. I'm guessing that this is one of the first times you've attempted?"

" you!" The robber spat. He was quickly silenced when the man brought a knee to his stomach.

Kai trembled as he watched the man walk towards him.
"I'm Kyungsoo. I'm so so sorry all of this happened. I wish I could've taken action sooner but I never knew what would've happened to you. I'll pay for the damage and hospital fees. You don't need to worry."

Kai was still in shock. He managed to choke out a few words.

"It's alright...it wasn't your fault. Just...my head hurts...aah" Kai winced.

Kyungsoo crouched in front of Kai. Their faces were opposite each other and less than a metre away. Kyungsoo reached a hand out towards Kai's head but hesitated when he saw Kai shrink back. He kept reaching out until his hand reached Kai's wound. He pushed the hair back and saw a small laceration above his ear. Kai gasped in surprise when he felt Kyungsoo gently caressing the skin around the wound with a faraway look on his face. Even in this situation, Kai blushed and stared at the ground.

"U-um...Kyungsoo? What now?" Kai mumbled.

Kyungsoo broke out of his "day dream".
"O-oh." He said bashfully, looking away shyly. "I'll take you to hospital...my car is in the garage.Or...I c-can look after you in my house. I've got a first aid kit." He stared at the ground. "I'll take you to hospi-"

"N-no!" Kai realised what he'd said and cleared his throat, trying not to fall into a hole of embarrassment.
"Let's just ... go to your house. I mean, it's right there and I think I need first aid now..."

However, their conversation was quickly brought to a halt when a loud thunderous noise echoed and the skies suddenly turned black. Lightening struck the ground near Kyungsoo's house and both of them stared in shock as they saw a figure rise from the smoking ground.

"Alien!" Kai screamed, clinging behind Kyungsoo.

"Don't worry. I'm here to save the day!" Kyungsoo exclaimed, whipping out a huge glowing futuristic looking laser gun from his back pocket. As he began firing at the alien, a huge t-rex thumped up behind them,

"ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR"


​"Chanyeol. Chanyeol."

Chanyeol was frozen with his arms out, impersonating a dinosaur. He turned to look at his best friend in mid roar. Kyungsoo had a bored expression on his face and crossed arms.
"Chan. This is so unrealistic. Aliens? Dinosaurs?" Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol with one eyebrow raised.
"Heh heh" Chanyeol laughed while rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. He shrugged. "What? It's action packed, you look awesome, and Kai will be your damsel in distress! He'll be drawn to you!"
"Are you planning to hurt Kai while dressed up as a robber?" Kyungsoo exclaimed. "That'll just scare him! I'm not even a police officer.My romantic idea worked better."
"Come ooon Soo. You'll look like a hero!" Chanyeol began to imitate hero poses and started flexing his arms.
"No. Nooo way. Do I have to drop the milk bottle so you get distracted? How are we gonna fake you getting stabbed in the foot? And the gun? Where do we get that! Nopedy nope no. It's not happening." Kyungsoo taunted.

Chanyeol huffed. "Fine. We aren't getting anywhere. Lets both submit one more idea each and then decide. Okay? So in total we have four ideas."

"That sounds good." Kyungsoo mused. "Okay, I'll think of an idea next. Then you. Deal?"
"Deal!" Chanyeol smirked.