Does anyone have a milkman anymore?

The attraction towards the Milkman


Ding Dong.

Ding Dong.


Knock Knock.

Kyungsoo gasped at the sound as he stuck his head out of the shower. How could he have been so stupid? Taking a shower when he knew exactly what time it was!
He mentally slapped himself for forgetting.
As quickly as he could, Kyungsoo side stepped out of the shower and onto the plain white rectangular bath mat. He quickly grabbed a plain white rectangular towel and wrapped it loosely around his torso. A little too loosely, as it slipped down a few notches to rest on his hips. He grabbed his plain bath robe and quickly slipped it on. As you may have noticed, Kyungsoo likes plain simplistic objects. If not for his best friend, Chanyeol, he would've decorated his whole apartment in a minimalist fashion. However, Chanyeol insisted that it looked "boring" and made Kyungsoo paint the walls with at least a splash of colour and hang up a few paintings.
Kyungsoo shook his wet hair and pondered for a moment if he should wrap up his hair in a towel. This thought quickly vanished when he smirked to himself, realising that wet hair might look y towards the Milkman. He was already half , why not complete the outfit with wet hair?
He open the bathroom door and sprinted down the hallway so fast, it might've beaten the Olympic record. As he reached the door, he extended his hand to rest on the handle and breathed in and out slowly. This was his routine every day.
Kyungsoo's face turned a deep shade of red when he realised what he would look like. His face was flushed from the hot shower and his wet hair dangled in tendrils in front of his face. His bath robe was loose and slightly open, revealing his bare chest, and his towel had slipped down even further, due to the sprint. He yanked his towel up with fumbling fingers and swung open the door.

"Good Morn-" Kyungsoo looked around in confusion. Where was he? His stomach plummeted one thousand metres when he glanced down to see that there was a fresh glass bottle of milk neatly placed on the corner of his doorstep, where he wouldn't knock it over. His eyes shot up when he heard the rumbling of an engine getting further away. Running out to the front of his lawn, he managed to glimpse the Milkman's van getting further away in the distance.
Kyungsoo immediately felt like he was doused with a cold bucket of water. Standing outside wasn't helping either. He stalked inside and slammed the door, mood already dampened. There was only one way to relieve his stress.


"Hey Chanyeol"
"Hey Soo! What's up? Oh wait...the time. Milkman?"
"I missed him Chanyeol! I frickin missed him!"
"Wait...how would he have collected your empty milk bottle?"
"He didn't."
"Y'know, it would be easier if you left your empty bottle out on the doorstep like every other normal person, instead of keeping it inside so he has to knock on your door to collect it. He probably finds it weird."
"Why would I throw away my once chance to meet him Chan? If i left it out there...we wouldn't have ever interacted! (gasping sound)"
"Whatever. Plus, you're like the only one that orders milk in this neighborhood anyway.Does anyone have a milkman anymore?"
"None like mine Chan. None like mine."
"Okay, you sound creepy. Well, I'll come round in a bit, so see ya Soo."
"Bye Chan."

Kyungsoo pressed the end call button on his phone and threw it gently onto the sofa. Sighing, he decided to resume with his shower.



Ever since he could remember, Kyungsoo was in love with his Milkman. Every morning, except Sundays, the Milkman would come to his house at exactly 8:30 am to place a fresh bottle of milk at his doorstep and collect his old bottle. Kyungsoo didn't really care about milk. To be honest, he doesn't even need a Milkman. Who has Milkmen anymore? Just go to the store. He was the only person he knew that still had a Milkman. But it was worth it. Kyungsoo's milkman was nameless. Kyungsoo had never asked of his name, and only knew that his nickname was Kai. However, Kyungsoo had scrutinised every inch of Kai's face, up close or through the window. His bronzed skin shone in the morning light and his dark hair was wavy and messy, just the way Kyungsoo liked it.
Every morning, Kyungsoo would already be waiting at the door, hand resting patiently on the door handle, only to jump when he hears the sharp shrill of the doorbell. He waits a few seconds, so he doesn't seen eager, and breathes in and out slowly. He then swings open the door to see Kai's beautiful face smiling at him, hand extended, holding out a fresh bottle of milk. Each time, the conversation was the same.
"Good Morning!"
"Good Morning to you as well! Here's your fresh bottle of milk. May i collect your empty bottle?"
"Sure. Here it is."
"Thanks. Have a nice day!"
"Bye!"

The first few times Kai came around, Kyungsoo would stand frozen on the spot, stuttering and red faced. The way his voice was soft, was enough to make Kyungsoo melt and the way his eyes would pierce through Kyungsoo's eyes made his knees buckle. Over time, Kyungsoo had grown more confident, but with his growth in confidence, Kai's beauty had grown too. Kyungsoo was able to speak normally now, but his heart still pounded when he opened the door each day and he still felt the blood rushing to his head and kept thinking "Is this love?"
He had told Chanyeol about it the first day he saw Kai. Chanyeol laughed and said that there was no such thing as love at first sight. Seeing Kai everyday was enough to satisfy Kyungsoo, even if it was only for a few seconds. A few times, their hands brushed when exchanging bottles and Kyungsoo would feel electricity running up his arm.
But even though Kyungsoo could live with only seeing Kai for a glimpse, he wanted more Kai. He wanted Kai to see him for who he is, for Kai to experience what he feels, for Kai to...love him.

And that's how Project Win Kai's Heart started.