Project Win Kai's Heart Pt 3

The attraction towards the Milkman

 

"Okay." Kyungsoo kneeled in front of the notepad, chewing the pen in his mouth. "I'm not sure this idea will work...but I read this theory in an article. I guess it's science?"
He scribbled the third idea on a line extending from the centre.
"Hmm." Chanyeol glanced down at the small writing. "Reverse psychology jealousy?" He read out. "Is this what I think it is...?" He raised his eyebrow at Kyungsoo in a amused way.
Kyungsoo blushed and was staring at his knees all of a sudden. "Um." He began. "This may get awkward...but don't worry! This is just an idea okay?" Kyungsoo furiously avoided eye contact with Chanyeol.
"Uh..." Chanyeol sat back, scratching his head. "What? I'm confused...". A smirk suddenly formed on his face, one side of his mouth snaking up his face. "Hey Soo...you're not thinking of something dirty right? You always blush when you feel embarrassed..." Chanyeol leaned over the table, a fully formed sneaky grin on his face.
Kyungsoo looked up suddenly, mouth open in an O shape of surprise. "Chan-Chanyeol! What're you thinking!" He squeaked in a high pitched voice. "No! Well...not dirty...but awkward.." Kyungsoo eyes wandered around the room again, blush deepening further.
"Kyungsoooo" Chanyeol hummed his name. "Come on....tell me." He leaned forward and poked Kyungsoo on the shoulder. "Tell me! Tell me...tell me...tell me"
Chanyeol began repeatedly poking Kyungsoo every time he repeated the word "Tell".
"Fine! Okay! Jeez..." Kyungsoo scrubbed his red cheeks hastily and shoved Chanyeol's hand away. "It sorta requires you to be....somewhat romantic."
"I can do that." Chanyeol boasted. "I'm king of romance. All the ladies come to me!" He smirked and tried to flip his hair ily, only resulting in it flopping down limply over his eyes. Kyungsoo let out a weak giggle. He coughed.
"With me." He mumbled.
"Huh?" Chanyeol looked at him. "With you? With you what? Hey, you can't just start a sentence witho-"
"With me. Be romantic...with me." Kyungsoo met Chanyeol's eyes.
Chanyeol took in a breath sharply. It hitched at his throat. Their eyes never lost contact.
"W-what?" Chanyeol stuttered, finally breaking out of his frozen state. "Y-you mean...we fu-"
"No!" Kyungsoo's face now looked like a tomato. "That's not romantic Chan! That's lust! No...no!"
Kyungsoo took his head into his hands. After a while he looked back up, his face returning to its normal shade.
"Okay Chan, this is just an idea. An idea. Not gonna happen...right?" He watched Chanyeol.
Chanyeol let out a laugh. It seemed too loud in the silence. He cleared his throat.
"Course not."
"Well then...just let me explain the idea. Here goes..."

Scenario #3

Kai rang the doorbell. He actually enjoyed delivering milk to this house. The man inside was always so polite and smiley, and pretty cute too. Sometimes he wondered if he should ask him out for a chat at a cafe but the words went unspoken. Kai was terribly shy when it came to vaguely romantic things, and each time that he had attempted to ask, his brain had shut down and he would go on autopilot, say bye and walk away. He had never seen anyone else in the house besides the man, and he was quite young as well. Kai assumed that he was single. Why not? There were loads of single people these days. 
Click. Snap.
The lock slid to the side and the door swung open. As usual, the man was standing there smiling at Kai. However, this time was different. Kai was determined to ask him out on...
... a date. Ah! That word! Kai even blushed at the thought. Well. Here goes, he thought to himself, determined.
"Good Morning!" The man grinned his heart shaped smile at Kai. Kai thought it was adorable.
"Uh..Hi! Can I have your empty bottle?"
"Sure!" The man handed Kai the empty bottle. He felt it almost slip out of his grasp because his hands were sweating so much.
"Here's your new milk bottle." Kai handed over the full glass bottle, hands shaking.
"Thanks!" The man replied. Kai knew what was coming next. They would exchange goodbyes and part ways. But not this time.
"Um...can I ask you a question?" Kai awkwardly stared at his not-so-interesting shoes.
"Yeah! Of course." The man smiled. Oh! He was so polite! Kai smiled to himself.
"I was wondering if you- I mean we could....um, so I was thinking if you would like to um...go out with me? No! Not a date! I mean- ah- like a chat? In a...cafe? uh..." Kai trailed off. His face was burning with embarrassment and he wanted the ground just to swallow him whole. Great. He'd just made the biggest idiot of himself in the history of idiots.
The man looked a little puzzled but kept his smile on. 
"So..what do you mean?" The man laughed and looked questioningly towards Kai. The man wasn't fazed or awkward at all. Amazing. Kai on the other hand was tempted to melt into a puddle and evaporate away.
Kai opened his mouth. 'Anything! Say anything!' His mind screamed. Just when he was about to explain his intentions, a deep voice called out from somewhere inside the house.
"Hey, Soo. You okay? You're taking a long time."
The man (Soo?) turned his head back.
"Yeah, I'm good. Just chatting." He called.
"Chatting? With who?" 
Kai swallowed. The voice was getting closer and closer.
A tall man with wavy swept hair arrived behind the first man.
"Oh! It's you. The Milkman."
Kai wasn't sure he liked this man.
"Hi... I was just talking to ...um...Soo?" Kai weakly gestured.
"Oh!" The tall man laughed with his deep voice. "He's called Kyungsoo. Soo is just my pet name for him. Right, Soo?" The man now stood directly behind Kyungsoo. He was at least a head taller. He rested his chin on Kyungsoo's head and wrapped his long arms around Kyungsoo's waist. Kai choked.
Kyungsoo blushed in embarrassment.
"Not now Chanyeol." He unwrapped Chanyeol's arms from around his waist and stepped forward, annoyed.
"I'm sorry. That was...awkward." Kyungsoo let out a laugh. "What were you saying?"
"Oh, were you saying something? Continue! My bad for interrupting." The man called Chanyeol sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.
"Oh." Kai wanted something, anything, that would take him away from this mess. Chanyeol wasn't budging. 
"I...I..-"
 SMASH
The empty milk bottle had slid out of Kai's grip and shattered right on the front step. For a moment, everyone was in silence. Kyungsoo had on a face of surprise, and he was in the middle of taking a step back. Chanyeol jumped and gasped sharply. Kai felt like picking a piece of the glass up and stabbing himself.
Then everyone broke out of their frozen positions.
"I-I'm so sorry!" Kai cried. "That was irresponsible! I'll clean it up!"
Even in this situation, Kyungsoo broke out in smiles.
"It's totally fine! Just broken glass. No big deal. Hey Chan, fetch the dustpan." Kyungsoo motioned. 
'Even Kyungsoo gave Chanyeol a nickname' Kai thought sadly.
Kai quickly bent down to help when he saw that Kyungsoo was already crouching and picking up some of the larger pieces of glass.
"So, what's your name? I never asked."

"Oh- huh?" Kai didn't realise that Kyungsoo was talking to him. "Ah...I'm...well, my nickname is Kai." Hah. If Kyungsoo calls Chanyeol by his nickname, he will be called by his nickname too.
"Kai...Kai.." Kyungsoo tried saying his name a few times, seeing what it sound like. Kai loved the way that his name would just roll off Kyungsoo's tongue.
"Well, Kai! You never finished your sentence." He grinned.
"Oh yeah...about that." Kai's face was turning redder by the second. "I was wondering if you'd like to go to the coffee shop down the roa-"
"Ow!" Kyungsoo yelped. He held up his finger. It had been cut by a piece of glass and, though not very deep, was dripping blood.
Kai's eyes widened. His heart started beating faster. He didn't even know why he was overreacting, but he realised that he was.
"A-are you okay?" Kai panicked. "I'll get you a tissue- wait, I don't have one..."
As if right on cue, Chanyeol arrived with the dustpan. He glanced at Kai's panicky state.
"Hey, calm down man. What's wro- oh !" Chanyeol's eyes flickered to Kyungsoo's bleeding finger.
Chanyeol reached into his pocket and pulled out a plaster. "Good thing I'm always prepared!" He grinned.
"Here." Chanyeol crouched down next to Kyungsoo. "Give me your finger." He said softly, reaching out his palm.
Confused, Kyungsoo gave him his finger. Chanyeol took Kyungsoo's finger and placed it in his mouth.
"Cha-Chan! What are you doing?" Kyungsoo squeaked. 
Chanyeol rolled his eyes. He took Kyungsoo's finger out of his mouth. "Relax, saliva helps wounds. Plus I need to keep your finger blood free while unwrapping this plaster." 
There was a trail of spit hanging from Chanyeol's mouth to Kyungsoo's finger. Kai gagged.
Chanyeol put Kyungsoo's finger back in his mouth. His eyes were downcast, focused on unwrapping the plaster. The situation was silent, only the crinkling of plastic to be heard.

"Ack." Chanyeol winced. "There's so much blood flowing out. I need to it out." Chanyeol began to on Kyungsoo's finger. His finger moved in and out of Chanyeol's pursed mouth.

Kai's face paled. He had the beginning of a crush on a man that was getting his finger by his 'boyfriend.' Jesus christ that sounded dirty. Kai glanced towards Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's cheeks were a pale shade of red and he had his eyes closed in embarrassment.

"Dunhg." Chanyeol's muffled voice was heard. He removed Kyungsoo's finger. "Done!" He grinned, holding up an unwrapped plaster. He wiped Kyungsoo's finger on his shirt then wrapped the bandage around the finger. When he'd finished, he placed a gentle kiss on the finger and clasped the hand in his own. He swung their clasped hands forwards and backwards.
 
"Thanks Chan." Kyungsoo smiled at Chanyeol, leaning his head on his shoulder.
"No problem babe." Chanyeol ruffled Kyungsoo's hair.
Kai choked again. Ba-babe? Were they...dating? But he'd never seen him before. And he'd been to Kyungsoo's house loads of times! Kai felt a sudden ownership over Kyungsoo. Why should Chanyeol date him? Kai was way more familiar with Kyungsoo. Heck, he even delivered stuff to him! You see, Kai wasn't very bright about relationships. He had assumed that Chanyeol and Kyungsoo's occasional shared glances and touches were just ... friend stuff.

As if they'd forgotten Kai was there, gaping at them in silence, Chanyeol cupped Kyungsoo's face with one hand and turned his head around to look at him. Chanyeol tilted his head closer until their lips were milimetres apart, breathing each others air. Then Kyungsoo lunged forward and captured Chanyeol's lips with his own. They began kissing each other softly at first, their lips molding to one another. However, both demanded more and soon the gentle smooch transformed into hungry and raw kisses. Chanyeol's hand ghosted up Kyungsoo's stomach, his arm sliding under the shirt. Kyungsoo shivered at Chanyeol's touch and moaned into the kiss.

Kai was shaken into reality once he heard Kyungsoo's moan and was so startled that he fell backwards, landing on his . The sound of Kai's hitting the floor also snapped Kyungsoo out of the kiss.

Kyungsoo looked mortified and had one hand clasped over his swollen lips. He shoved Chanyeol to the side and quickly stood up. Shaken, he turned to Chanyeol.
"Chanyeol! You kissed me...in front of the MILK MAN??!!!??!" I-I mean KAI?!?!"
Kyungsoo's eyes flickered towards Kai. Kai was looking from Chanyeol to Kyungsoo to Chanyeol to Kyungsoo to Chanyeol. He was still on his .
"I-I'm sorry for that behaviour." Kyungsoo said apologetically to Kai.
"Hey!" Chanyeol piped up. "You kissed me first, remember? And what's wrong with that? We are boyfriends."

We are boyfriends

Boyfriends.

That word reverberated around Kai's skull. They were...Boyfriends. That word. Again.

"I should g-go." Kai stood up and dusted his trousers. His heart had just sunk 100 metres.  Into the dirt.
He began stalking away. He felt determination mixed with jealousy punch him in the face. He was going to get Kyungsoo. No matter what.



"Okay Soo, I see a few flaws in your plan. And by few, I mean a KABILLION." Chanyeol sat up and threw his hands up over his head.
"That was so embarrassing! And awkward! Did you have to describe that kissing scene so vividly? You stole my broken glass idea!" He exclaimed.
Kyungsoo sighed. "Yeah I know. It IS awkward to do that in real life. We're best friends not boyfriends. I don't even know if you're gay. Hmm. If Kai's not attracted to me in the beginning..."
"My broken glass idea..." Chanyeol mewled, staring dejectedly at his hands.
"And I don't want to throw Kai off-"
"Oh, and by the way, Soo." Chanyeol smirked. "I'm glad you think of me as boyfriend material." He elbowed Kyungsoo mischievously. "I told you I'm King of romance! Oh yeah, Channie, Boyfriend prince on his way to capture your heart. Are you an angel? because you
look like you just fell- wait no that's not..."


"Oh god, not this again."