The Trip To The Zoo With A Confession

The Way We Met

The trip to the zoo was more than just awkward, everyone was shifting around, trying to avoid eye contact with me. I guess Namjoon told everyone... I sighed, looking down at my feet. As we were about to get to the entrance of the zoo, I see a really extremely red and raw hand. I look up to see who's hand it was, it was none other than Namjoon's.

"OMG, NAMJOON. WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED TO YOUR HAND?! SHOULDN'T YOU GET THAT FIXED?" I asked him, completely forgetting about the incident from earlier this morning and the same one that currently had everyone so fidgety.

Namjoon looked down at his hand and he started turning red in the face, probably remembering what had happened this morning... Which made you do the same exact thing. Instead of Namjoon answering, Taehyung was the one that explain. "Hyung told us what happened, so... We all took him to the sink to scrub that dirty hand of his."

As bad as I felt for Namjoon, I just couldn't help but laugh at their solution. Because I started cracking up, dying from what I had just been told, the mood lightened up, allowing us to have a more relaxed time at the zoo.

Once we all got inside, everyone wanted to see something different. Pulling everyone in different directions, but others refusing to go, I finally got tired and suggested that we just go through the entire zoo. Luckily the zoo was structured like a huge circle with the petting zoo and such all in the middle of it. It was actually really fun. We walked around, watched Jimin and Taehyung act like idiots, imitating each animal we had passed by, earning many slaps in the head from Yoongi. There were times where Hoseok and Jungkook would actually join in with the two comedians. Namjoon and Seokjin, like the parents they are, all just watched their children run around and put up with their childish antics. Coming here was really a good idea... After all that stuff that happened last night, this was definitely a good picker-upper. Note to self: Praise Taehyung for the idea. I thought to myself as I watched him try to imitate a lion, but then getting scared because of its roar. He practically jumped 4 feet in the air, landing in Jungkook's arms.

We spent so long at the zoo that we didn't even realize that it was getting dark. "We should head out soon." I told them, already feeling the exhaustion from the entire day.

"NOOO, THERE IS STILL ONE MORE THING HERE THAT WE NEED TO GO TO!" Whined Jungkook.

"What else is there to do?" Seokjin asked.

"There is this really cool light place, you know the ones you see during christmas?? It turns on when it gets dark! I wanna go there! I wanna go with Mika Noona!" He said, running over, linking arms with mine, but was immediately dragged away by Seokjin.

We all walked over to the little light event area, with Jungkook leading the way. I stood in the back of them all, lost in thought. Without realizing it, everyone had already went in and was way up ahead, the only person who stayed back with me was Taehyung. "Noona, are you alright?" He asked me, concerned.

"Ah, yeah... I'm fine. Just thinking about stuff, don't worry about it." I told him, giving him a smile. I could tell that he didn't believe me, but he just nodded, accepting that I wasn't gonna tell him anything unless I wanted to.

The other members had already been long gone, leaving just me and Taehyung. I guess they went another route than we did. My mind began to wander again, back to everything that was going on. I only have half a year with these dorks... I have that arranged marriage candidate... My emotions are all in a jumble thanks to these boys... The emotions that I thought I'd never have again... Slowly coming back, unexpectedly... Why of all times do I have to regain these feelings... When I'm about to meet a potential marriage partner...

My head was just swimming in thoughts and emotions. I didn't realize that I had stopped walking and was just standing there. Someone wrapping their arms around me was the thing that brought me out of my thoughts. I look up, knowing that it was Taehyung. He looks down at me, concerned filled his eyes.

"Mika Noona..." He said, hugging me tighter.

"Ah... I'm sorry, Taehyung." I said, shaking my head from the thoughts.

As I was about to start walking again, Taehyung holds me back. "Can we stay like this for a little bit?" He asked, burying his face into my hair. Getting used to his skinship, I just nodded, knowing that he probably had a lot going as well. "I... To Noona... I..." I tried looking up at him. "Ah, wait, don't turn your head... Don't look at me..." He mumbles. Why is he acting so... weird and serious all of a sudden... I thought.

"Taehyung... What's wrong?" I asked him. I felt his arms drop down to my waist.

"Before it was too late... I just wanted you to know that--" Before he could finish, he was pulled away.

"Mika Noona! We've been looking for you guys! Did this dork do anything to you?!" Jimin asked.

I turned around to look for Taehyung. When I spotted him, he gave me a sad look and started to walk towards the exit. Was he about to... confess to me...? I thought to myself.

We all got back to the apartment. Taehyung went straight in, not talking to anyone. I looked at everyone, gave them a sad smile and went on my way back to my own. I knew they all felt guilty, but that was their fault...


BTS Pov

They all watched Mika go back to her apartment. There was a lot of tension in the air as they returned home.

"Maybe we should have let Taehyung and her have their moment..." Seokjin started.

"Yeah... why did you interrupt them and call him a dork?!" Hoseok accused Jimin.

"What?! You're the one that actually physically pulled him away!" Jimin retorted.

*Flashback*

Everyone was talking to themselves as they walked through the lights.

"Hey, where are Mika and Taehyung?" Yoongi questioned.

No one had realized that they had accidently left them. They all went to go searching from them. When a couple came into sight, they were about to go up and ask if they have seen Taehyung and Mika, but then as they got closer, they realized that it was them. Taehyung was holding Mika by the waist. It looked like it was a serious situation.

"Whoa, what's going on over there?" Jungkook was the first to ask.

"I dunno... I think Taehyung is trying something..." Namjoon quietly said.

"I don't like it..." Hoseok said.

"We should break it up!" Jimin started running over, with Hoseok following.

"Guys! I don't think- GUYS." Seokjin tried to chase after them to stop them, with Yoongi trying to help.

It was too late, Hoseok had already dragged Taehyung away and Jimin intervening with Mika. As Taehyung was being dragged away, he was instantly irritated. He shot Hoseok a glare and yanked his arm out of his hyung's grip. He pointed towards him, "You... You guys couldn't let me just have that moment... I wouldn't have cared for the answer... But you just couldn't let me..." He was too frustrated to finish. He looked over at Mika. She looked worried. Taehyung didn't like her worried face... He tried his best to give her a smile, knowing that it wasn't convincing. He turned for the exit.

*End of Flashback*

"Well... What's done is done... Let's just hope that this blows over... Or they get their chance again..." Yoongi said, ending the conversation and went into the apartment.


Mika Pov

I got back to my apartment, feeling so many emotions. The one that clouded her the most right at the moment was Taehyung. I know he wanted to say something important... Maybe I should message him... Asking him to talk about it tonight... I picked up my phone to message him.

Me: Hey... Taehyung... About what happened at the zoo...

Taehyung: Don't worry about it...

Me: How can I not?! I know that it was something important... Did you want to talk about it later?? We can meet up at the park or something... It seemed like you really wanted to talk about it.

Taehyung: Uhm... Actually yeah. Sure.

Me: Okays. Let me shower first and then we can meet up. Let's meet in 30 minutes!

Once I finish showering, I immediately head towards the park. When I got there, Taehyung was already there waiting.

"Sorry if I took too long!" I told him as I walked over.

"No... It's not a problem. I just got here early." He told me.

"Mkays... So... What was it that you wanted to talk about... Or tell me at the zoo?" I asked.

He fidgeted for a bit as if deciding on if he really wanted to talk about it, but he eventually sighed. He came up to me, grabbed my hands and gazed into my eyes. "Well... At the zoo... What I wanted to tell you was that... If there was any time you needed someone to talk to... I'm always here... If you ever want to lean on someone's shoulder... I can be that shoulder... I want to be able to take care of you... I know that you're older... And have a job and stuff... But I want to be able to do all that for you..." He paused for a second, looking away, then back at me. "In other words... I like you..." I expected it, but at the same time I was speechless. I didn't know what to say... "You don't have to answer me right now... I just... needed to get it off my chest..." I stayed silent, not knowing what to say to him... ”Uhm... We should head back..." And with that, he grabbed my hand and we walked back to the apartment.

As we go to my door and we he was about to leave, he turned back and said, "No matter what your answer is... I still mean it when I said that I will be here to talk and for you to have a shoulder to lean on." And then he turned around and left, leaving me to stand there...

I walked into my room, having so much going through my head... Having nothing go through my head... It was just... So complicated... Just as I was about to fall asleep, my phone goes off.

*KaTalk*

I look at my phone to see who it was. Seeing Yoongi's name I opened up the message.

Yoongi: Hey, I'm writing some lyrics... But having writer's block. Wanna hang out this weekend and give me some inspiration?

Yoongi is usually pretty chill... I think it'll definitely help me to relax... After everything that's happened...

Me: Yeah sure. What did you have in mind?

Yoongi: Just hanging out. Go grab something to eat and drink. Then go to the studio.

Me: Okays! Sounds good. I'll see you then. :]

Probably something that is definitely needed...

What should I tell Taehyung?


Wah, so what do you guys think about this chapter?

I tried to imagine a serious Taehyung... But not gonna lie, it's difficult. Cause... I mean... He is such a dork. Lol. Once I really tried to picture it, it became easier to write.