Finally Said It, But Is It Too Late?

The Way We Met

"Let me ask you something... What do you think of our arranged marriage?" He looked me in the eyes, dead serious.


I stood there, not knowing what to say. Well... I knew what I wanted to say, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to actually tell him... The question was so out of the blue... I haven't figured out my own feelings yet...

He leads me to a bench to sit and then continues. "Mika... How do you feel about this? I want to know. You should know that no matter what your answer is, the result probably won't change... But it would allow us to be on each other's mind track."

"I... Honestly?" I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. He nods. "Well.. Honestly... I... Don't know what I think about it anymore... When I agreed with my mom about putting me in an arranged marriage, there was a part of me that didn't think it would happen... But at the same time, I wanted it to happen, because I felt like I couldn't like anyone again..." I paused to see his reaction. When there wasn't one, I continued, "But once I got here... And talked to the members more..."

"You started to like one of them... Right?" He finished my sentence. I nodded and looked away.

"Don't get me wrong, you're a great guy and honestly, I'm actually really happy that my mom chose someone so great for me. You have the looks, the talent and we have so much in common. Maybe if I met you before I met him I probably would have fallen for you instead." I told him.

He sighed. "That's what I figured... I have a feeling I know which one of the them you like as well..." He gave me a sad smile. "Well... Either way... You know exactly what you got yourself into when you agreed to this... I'm really sorry that you have to go through this..." He told me.

"What about you?" I asked him

"Me?" He hesitated. "Uhm... Well I just kind of work too much... So I don't really have a lot of opportunity to meet others, so my mom was getting worried, since I was getting older. When she told me about this, I was first skeptical, because I wasn't sure if I'd end up with some psychopath who is a gold digger, but I felt more at ease once I met you." He looked away.

"... You're hiding something." My eyes narrowed.

"What? What're you talking about?" He nervously asked.

"You looked away and your voice is shaking. What are you not telling me?" I questioned him.

He sighed once again. "Okay... Fine. One of the reasons why I am so into my work is because... I had my heartbroken..." He said looking away embarrassed. I laughed. "Hey, it's not funny." He said with a frown.

"Haha, I'm sorry. You just looked too adorable." I tried stiffling my laughs.

"Okay okay. But yeah... I've gotten over her, but at the same time, I just didn't know what else to do with my life other than work. So that's how I got into this."

"Okay... Well you told me why you're here... But not how you feel about being here..." I said.

"Well... I guess I'm just going with the flow right now... I want to make my mom happy, so I don't really have a choice, no matter what I feel. Plus, I'm actually kind of happy to have you as my future wife... Even if you don't feel the same."

I gave him a half smile, feeling sorry. "I..."

"No, I understand. Don't worry about it. If anything, I feel like we would be more compatible as friends, rather than lovers." He laughed. I could tell he was telling the truth and not hiding any pain in the laughter.

"I agree... I just... I dunno what to do with these feelings that I have... I mean, we leave in a month... Should I just leave everything here and go on with the marriage?" I put my head in my hands, feeling the tears come out. Jason brings me into his arms, comforting me and patting my back.

"I'm sorry, Mika... I really wish we could convince our parents to not go through with this..." He said.

"But we can't." I said bitterly, with soft sobs. "They'll lose face... I don't want to put them through that... Do you understand how happy my mom was when she told me that she found someone for me? I couldn't even tell her that I found someone that I like..."

"Maybe... We can try to convince them... Since we both agreed that there wasn't exactly romantic feelings between us, rather than best friends or siblings even... Maybe they'll call it off..."

"I feel like they won't... I feel like if we tell them that we are getting along, even if it is just a friends basis, they would still want us to get married... I mean... It'll combine the two familes... We'd share the assests... Our backgrounds or at least the way we were taught are similar... They wouldn't change their minds... In our family, the entire thing is just too perfect for them to call it off..."

"You never know..." He tried to comfort me.

"UGHHH." I bury my face into Jason's chest. "Why did I have to fall for him?! These 2 years! How come I couldn't realize these feelings sooner?! Or have them sooner..." I started sobbing into him. "Why did I have to fall in love with Namjoon.


Sorry for it being so short. BUT THE REASON WHY. THE REASON WHY IS CAUSE I SHALL BE SPLITTING THIS SERIES UP.

This story will originally be for Namjoon (Rapmon), but I am going to link an alternate story. I'll put the link underneath for you. If you want, you can follow both stories or you can just follow one.

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/986603/the-way-we-met-alternate-choice-taehyung

I will try to update both this and thealternate story at the same time, so please be patient with me! :D I orginially wanted to do a Namjoon thing, because you don't see a lot of Namjoon fanfics. But since so many people wanted Taehyung, I decided to do both.