Chapter 9

Yours? Mine? Heart?

Chapter 9

“Why is he there again?” Jackson asked, annoyed at the fact that their youngest just skipped having lunch with him and now busy happily eating and chatting over at Mark Tuan’s table.

Jaebum sighed, ignoring that question before stuffing more of the kimbap into his mouth, clearly not in the mood to deal with his best friend who has been abandoning him and Yugyeom these days.

Meanwhile over at Mark’s table, Yugyeom was chatting about his recent dance routine that he learned with the older listening but he was clearly distracted by the pair of eyes that’s watching them a few tables away.

Mark stare at the face that he didn’t get see much these days, only in the morning during breakfast and during the drive to college.

Over a month had passed since the night their parents moved back and nothing really changed since Jackson did move out of their room so it has always been Mark all alone with his own thoughts.

The only thing that changed was Jackson frequently come home super late with Mark having no clue at what's going on especially after he stopped being in charge of the second year’s practice with Hakyeon and on the days he didn’t come back home, Mark will received a text informing that he will be sleeping over at Jaebum or Yugyeom’s house.

By now Mark was already used to being left alone in that big apartment the younger parents got them and honestly, he missed having the younger around even if they don’t talk or just argue, it was just nice to have somebody by his side.

“Hyung, are you alright?” Yugyeom asked after noticing how the older was dazing out, clearly isn’t listening at his words at this point.

Upon hearing the younger’s voice, Mark snapped out of his thought before nodded, giving the other a reassuring smile before took a bit out of his burger.

“Why aren’t you sitting with them today?” Mark asked when he realized that the pair of eyes still won’t leave him alone, jealousy clear in Jackson Wang’s eyes.

“I don’t wanna seat with him, I’m angry. His only eating with us today because she is sitting with her friends.” Yugyeom replied, rolling his eyes at the thought of his annoying Jackson hyung who has been abandoning him and his Jaebum hyung lately.

Mark just nodded, clearly know who the ‘she’ that Yugyeom is referring too since Jackson has been hanging out with Youngji these days and he only know these, thanks to the few times that he wind up having lunch with the poor duo.

Of course, it didn’t feel good to hear that and now seeing how Yugyeom is mad, Mark knows that Jackson should spend a little less time with Youngji, at least for his best friend's sake.

“Well, at least things are going great for him, right? He atleast had a chance with her.” Mark exclaimed, saying out those bitter words just to cheer up the younger who just frown more upon hearing that.

“I don’t like her. It feels like something about her didn’t feel right.” Yugyeom sighed, especially after hearing some things about Youngji from his cousin who used to go to the same high school as her.

“Do you know something?” Mark asked, getting the vibes that Yugyeom might know something about the goddess to actually said that.

“Well, a cousin of mine who used to be her classmate of two years in high school said that she had this reputation of only dating the popular guys for the fame and money. When I told her about Youngji and Jackson hyung, she advised me to better stop him before he got his heart broken by her.” Yugyeom explained, pouring out his worries to the older who could only nod, clearly speechless to this new piece of information.

“Don’t you wanna try talking to him?” Mark suggested after a few seconds of silence, thinking it’s best to talk it out if it could save Jackson from a heart break. 

“I don’t know if you know how stubborn he is, he will never listen to me.” Yugyeom sighed again, talking this kind of things to Jackson Wang isn’t really his forte, maybe he should discuss it with Jaebum.

Mark nodded, of course he know how stubborn his Mandu can be but seeing how this caused Yugyeom such a dilemma, maybe he will give a go and talk to the younger if he gets the chance too.

Back at the best friends’s table, Jaebum sighed before he puts down his drink and snapped his fingers at the pissed Jackson who still busy eyeing the other table this whole time.

“You know glaring holes at them won’t bring Yug back to this table, he's mad at you.” Jaebum exclaimed before Jackson’s eyes soften and he look at the older, lost.

“He's mad at you for always skipping on us because of Youngji. You have only eaten lunch with us twice this month, including today. Did you realized that?” Jaebum asked, looking at how instantly Jackson’s face turned guilty.

How dumb was him to failed at realizing that in order to gain points with Youngji by teaching her basic flipping and stuffs that she suddenly gain interest in for this past month, he had literally abandoned his own best friends.

“I’m sorry,you know how much I like her so when she called that night asking if I could help her, I instantly agreed without thinking that it will affect you guys.” Jackson apologized which cause the older to nod, he understand that much but he still can’t blame Yugyeom for being mad at the other, after all he did prioritize Youngji over them.

“Just talk it out with Yug, I’m pretty sure he’s just sulking.” Jaebum said, encouraging the other after seeing how guilt stricken his best friend is.

Jackson nodded before he continued eating his own kimbap, mind trying to figure out on how to talk to their youngest.

“You know I dropped by your house today, to surprise you with a pick up  but your mother told me that you moved out.” Jaebum exclaimed, breaking the silence when he remembered about the topic that he has been meaning to ask Jackson.

The other instantly froze, trying to figure out another lie since he did told Jaebum to stop picking him up because of his rides with Mark by saying that he wanted to be more independant so he will take a bus ride every morning instead.

“You told me about the bus ride but you didn’t tell me about moving out.” Jaebum added, staring at the other unreadable expression, sensing something totally off about Jackson Wang at this moment.

“Well, I have been meaning too but you know how I rarely see you guys right now.” Jackson croaked out, hoping that Jaebum would buy his lame excuse.

“”Fine, are you living alone now?” Jaebum asked, letting that lame excuse passed through as he eyed his friend suspiciously.

“Of course.” Jackson answered quickly, rather too quickly in fact that it cause Jaebum to be more curious before he nodded.

“Cool, we should dropped by soon.” Jaebum suggested, smiling which cause the other to returned the smile and answered with a hesitant ‘sure’

+++++++++++++

“Come on, Yug. Forgive me, please!” Jackson apologized, pouting at the younger as he clinged onto the other arm while Jaebum snicked at the sight, the scene is just unbelievable.

Yugyeom tried to shake the older off but failed especially after seeing those puppy eyes shooting at him.

“I even got you your favourites.” Jackson exclaimed, giving the bag full of packets milk which instantly caused Yugyeom eyes to sparkled in excitement before he hugged the older in pure happiness.

“Great, he just sold himself to a bag of packets milk.” Jaebum groaned, facepalming himself at the ‘reunion’ sight in front him, give it to Yugyeom to ruined his fun.

“I’m really sorry, Yug.” Jackson apologized again, smiling at their youngest while ignoring the groaning older.

“You better don’t abandon us again, hyung or I'm really gonna get super mad.” Yugyeom warned the older, eyeing him before he pulled out a packet, ready to sipped on his favourite chocolate milk.

Jaebum rolled his eyes at the not so scary youngest before announcing that his practice is cancelled today so he can give them a ride home.

Upon hearing the offer, Jackson knows it isn’t good if his best friends find out  about their apartment so he was about to come up with an excuse when his phone beeped, signalling a text.

From: Statue
Hey, I just got a call from Mom, she’s dropping by today. You don’t have any practice, right? I’m waiting for you at your drop off spot, hurry up.

“What’s wrong, Jacks?” Jaebum nudged after failing to get a glimpse of what he guessed was a text, his best friend’s expression seems taken back a bit.

“It’s nothing, JB but I will pass on the ride. I got some things going on.” Jackson quickly replied, typing a short ‘ok’ before slipping the device into his pocket.

“Is it Youngji again?” Yugyeom groaned out again while Jackson could only nod, it’s better for them to assume rather than him explaining things that he doesn’t want too.

While the younger just sighed at the nod, Jaebum wasn’t exactly convinced especially after seeing how the other was rather freaking out than excited like he usually is when it’s something related to Youngji.

“Yug, you don’t have to sound like a jealous boyfriend.” Jaebum joked after seeing the atmosphere surrounding the guilty looking Jackson and annoyed looking Yugyeom.

“Eww, I wouldn’t date him.” Yugyeom exclaimed jokingly after sensing how the oldest trying to lighten up the situation before sticking his tongue out at Jackson.

“Well, thanks. Now I know how much you love me.” Jackson said, snickering at the youngest before playfully sticking his tongue out, glad that the situation didn’t turn intense,

The three shared a chuckled before Jackson said goodbye to the duo and speed off to Mark Tuan, he needs to clean his room before his mother in law arrived or they are dead.

While the duo headed to the carpark, Yugyeom spotted Youngji with her friends chatting at the corner which caused him to nudge the oldest.

“I thought he is going to meet Youngji?” Yugyeom asked, totally lost at the situation as he look at the older who almost instantly run off in his car’s direction.

“Hyung, wh..at’.s go..ing..on?” Yugyeom asked, panting as he stopped running in front of the vehicle while Jaebum only signalled him to hopped in.

“We are following him back to his apartment. Which way did he run off earlier too?” Jaebum informed before asking the lost younger who's trying to comprehend the situation.

“There and what apartment?” Yugyeom asked after pointing to the direction his Jackson hyung speed off earlier, he really needs to know what’s going on right at this moment.

“I will tell you on our way.” Jaebum said, starting his engine before zooming out of the college grounds, he needs to be fast if he wants to catch up to Jackson Wang.

+++++++++++++

The pair walked out of the lift as they reached their level, unaware of Jackson’s best friends who has been following them since they managed to caught up with Jackson, clearly seeing their friend entering Mark Tuan’s car shocked Yugyeom like crazy but somehow Jaebum managed to keep the child together the whole drive here.

“Hyungie.” A rather familiar voice was heard before the figure appeared in front of the pair which instantly cause Mark to pull the figure into a hug while Jackson just eyed him, clearly unpleased.

“When did you arrived, baby?” Mark asked as he pulled away, still keeping his arm slung on the other’s shoulder.

“This morning, hyungie. I’m still cleaning up.” The figure replied before quickly turning to give Jackson a little bow which caused the other to return out of formality.

“Ka Yee, this is my baby, Youngjae.” Mark exclaimed, quickly introducing his adopted younger brother to the other since he didn’t had that chance earlier over at the Tuan’s mansion before.

Jackson cringed at the ‘my baby’ but he managed to nod, clearly wasn’t interested in this ‘baby’ guy even a bit so he decided to just leave them and walked off, clearly wasn’t in the mood to witness the sweet exchange between the two.

“Is everything ok, hyungie?” Youngjae asked after noticing how his brother in law wasn’t that happy to see him here.

“Sure, let’s talk over at your apartment.” Mark answered, mentally sighing at the moody Jackson before accompanying Youngjae into the apartment next to theirs.

Meanwhile Jaebum and Yugyeom can’t believe what they just witness, the fact that the rivals are entering the apartment next to each other.

“Are they neighbours?” Yugyeom asked once the hallway emptied as the duo come out from hiding behind the pillar near the lift area.

“I don’t know but let’s just wait a bit more and see if there’s movement.” Jaebum replied, feeling like this isn’t just about them being neighbour especially after noticing the sour expression on Jackson after watching Mark with the other guy.

Yugyeom nodded, listening well to the older’s words even though he was dying to find out at what’s going on between the two.

Back at Youngjae’s apartment, the siblings were seated on the couch while the younger had went to grab a can of soda for his older brother.

“I’m really sorry, hyung I had to skip your wedding but I can’t pass on the graduation trip.” Youngjae apologized, feeling bad that he has to missed the older’s wedding.

“It’s fine, the wedding was last minute anyway. There was no way you can skipped on the trip at such short notice.” Mark waved it off, understandingly the younger perfectly well especially knowing how excited Youngjae is over the trip through their long phone calls.

“I hope Jackson hyung wasn’t offended, maybe I should apologized to him directly.” Youngjae suggested, getting the vibe that his new brother in law isn’t really thrilled over seeing him.

“Don’t worry, he was just tired.” Mark assured, knowing clearly that Youngjae had nothing to do with the moody Jackson.

Youngjae nodded, hoping that Mark’s words were the truth because he really didn’t want to offend the latest addition to the Tuan family especially after what this wonderful family had done for him.

He first met Mr Tuan when his was ten, the kind older men had help his grandmother who had fainted at that time by the road side.

When he finally learnt about him being an orphan whose raised up by his sickly grandmother, Mr Tuan had decided to adopt him to help with funding for his daily needs and educations.
Throughout the years, Mr Tuan would never fail to bring his wife and son to visit him in  Mokpo where he stayed with his grandmother which cause Youngjae to naturally bond with the sweet family especially his Mark hyung who treated him like a real baby brother.

When his grandmother passed away two years ago, the family had offered him to stayed with them in Seoul but Youngjae wasn’t really ready for a change and he still wanted to finish high school at his current school at that point of time so he stayed back alone in Mokpo.

Now that he finally graduated, Youngjae finally took up the offer to move to Seoul and move into the apartment next to his Mark hyung, at least he had the older nearby him.

“So how do you feel to be living in Seoul?” Mark asked, breaking the silence engulfing them when he noticed the younger was deep in thoughts.

“Good, I’m excited. Mom, is dropping by today, right?” Youngjae answered, smiling which earned a nod from the older before they continue talking, updating each other 

Wherelse next door, Jackson is busy clearing out his room while grumbling to himself at how the statue goes into a disappearing act again.

As he finished moving his last set of stuffs, the doorbell rang which caused him to rolled his eyes before lazily walking to the door, how typical of Mark Tuan to forget his keys.

When he swing open the door, he couldn’t believe at what greeted him which caused him to smack himself a few times while chanting in his head that he is seeing things.

“Hey, Jacks. Aren’t you gonna invite us in?” Jaebum asked, smiling at his froze up friend while praising himself for making the right decision to knock on this door with Yugyeom.

Jackson could only absentmindedly nodded, making way for his best friends to enter while mentally freaking out at what to do.

He immediately followed the duo and lead them into the living room area, eyes busy scanning for any traces of Mark Tuan but luckily there wasn't, he sighed in relief.

“Chill first, I go and grabbed drinks.” Jackson said, smiling nervously at the duo whose eyeing him before making a run for the kitchen and quickly typing a text to the statue, telling him not to come home first.

He took a deep breath, gathering himself together before exiting the kitchen with two cans of soda but the cans never made it to his best friends because it dropped to the floor before it could.

“Ka Yee, you texted?” Mark asked, not noticing the duo whose on their couch watching him entering the apartment with big round eyes, clearly in shock.

“Ka Yee?” Mark called out again before turning to look at the younger whose clearly froze up and just then he realized that they have guests with them.

“Jackson hyung, what’s going on?” Yugyeom asked, the first one to snapped out of everything while eyeing the pair who could only exchanged looks at this point.

“We are married.” Jackson said in one breath, knowing there was no way he could get out from this situation as he waited for his friends’s reaction.

“WHAT!” The duo exclaimed in shock at the news before Yugyeom instantly dropped, in disbelief that his favorite Mark hyung is married to his own best friend while Jaebum just stare, he was expecting something along the dating line, not marriage.

Mark instantly feel bad, watching how the usual hyper Yugyeom deflated at the news while guilt start sipping into Jackson especially after seeing how shock they are.

Before another word could be spoken, the bell suddenly rang which cause the pair to instantly exchanged look of horror, knowing who's at the other side.

“You go and check on them while I handle this.” Mark ordered, throwing his backpack to Jackson who only nodded before running to his friends.

“Guys, I know I’m wrong and you can kill me after this but for now, please act per usual.” Jackson requested, half begging the duo who somehow got forced into agreeing since there wasn’t much they can do in their current situation especially after seeing how Mark was greeted by a smiling older lady when he swing the door open.

“Mom.” Mark greeted per usual, hugging his mother who he didn’t see for this past month before leading her towards the trio, attempting to introduce Jackson’s best friends to his Mom.

“Mommy.” Jackson greeted his mother in law, hugging which she gladly return before turning to look at the two boys sitting on the couch with her son in law previously.

“My best friends, Jaebum and Yugyeom.” Jackson introduced which caused the lost duo to bow in respect which Mrs Tuan return with a big smile, nodding at them.

“I didn’t know you boys had friends over, I must be disturbing the fun.” Mrs Tuan exclaimed, feeling a little out of place after seeing the four boys gathered together.

“No, Mom. We are fine.” Mark assured while Jackson nodded, the duo pretty much lost so they just keep on smiling at Mrs Tuan.

“Well, I won’t disturb you guys then. I will go and whip up our dinner.” Mrs Tuan said, smiling at the boys before heading for the kitchen with the few bags of ingredients that she had gotten for today’s special dinner.

“Ka Yee, work this out , alright? You don’t want to hurt them.” Mark said in mandarin, which he rarely does as he tapped the younger’s shoulder encouragingly before walking away, giving the trio sometime alone.

“I’m sorry, guys for not telling you both about this earlier.” Jackson apologized, looking at the duo who only kept quiet, exchanging glances with each before looking at him with an unreadable expression.

“Guys?” Jackson urged, getting nervous at how he wasn’t getting any response from the usually talkative duo while the two only exchanged another glance before smirking.

“Can we kill you now?” Jaebum asked, smirking at Jackson’s shocked look before jumping onto the other, headlocking his best friend while Yugyeom attacked Jackson by tickling his stomach area.

Jackson burst out laughing uncontrollably, trying to block their youngest’s hands but he was unsuccessfully especially with how Jaebum gripped got tighter.

“I’m so..rr..y..pleas..e..” Jackson begged in between laughs, wanting the torture to stop which cause the duo to smirked before finally letting him go.

“Be glad that we are forgiving today, right Yug?” Jaebum said, smiling in amusement at the deflected Jackson Wang before high fiving with their youngest whose busy chuckling.

“I hate you, guys.” Jackson pouted, sulking over being attacked by his oldest and youngest who only shared a laugh at his despair.

“But seriously Jacks, we are bestfriends aren’t we? Why didn’t you tell us?” Jaebum exclaimed, seriousness in his tone after their laughter died down while Yugyeom nodded, agreeing to the older’s word.

“I...wanted to hide this marriage so bad. You guys know I like Youngji.” Jackson exclaimed, making sure his mother in law wasn’t in their earshot while Yugyeom instantly frowned when he heard those words.

“You mean?” Jaebum said, getting a gist at what’s going on since it was known that their parents shared a great friendship while the sons are definitely opposite.

“We were forced to married.” Jackson sighed, running his hand through his hair as he look at the duo’s shocked expression.

The duo was definitely speechless with the new information they found out, with the two rivals in college being married to each other, they could imagine what happened if the news breaks out.

“Guys, please keep this a secret for me. We prefered it this way.” Jackson said while the duo could only stare at Mark who had actually been standing behind Jackson all this while with a sad smile.

Mark nodded, silently telling the duo to agree to his Mandu’s request before walking away, he had heard enough for today and he was glad it wasn’t his mother who had come to ask if the duo is staying for dinner.

“Fine, Jacks.” Jaebum sighed before turning to look at Yugyeom who was clearly affected after seeing the sad smile plastered on his beloved Mark hyung’s face.

“Are they staying, Yi En?” Mrs Tuan asked, the moment she saw her son stepping back into the kitchen which Mark responded back with a sharp nod, he hope the two would stayed back for him.

By the time dinner was done, Mark had called out to the trio to head for the dining table where a big spread was waiting for them.

“Wow, so much deliciousness, Mommy.” Jackson commented as he took a seat while the duo awkwardly smiled before settling down at the opposite side.

“I hope you boys will enjoy it.” Mrs Tuan said, smiling as she took a seat while Mark had just returned from the kitchen with a pitcher of water.

“Seat beside Ka Yee, dear. I’m saving a spot for Youngie.” Mrs Tuan teased, pushing her son away when Mark attempted to seat beside her instead of her son in law.

Jackson was about to ask who is ‘Youngie’  when their doorbell suddenly rang and Mark zoomed off to answer the door even without being told to.

“Mom.” Youngjae’s voice was heard as he appeared with Mark before Mrs Tuan pulled her youngest son into a tight hug, missing the boy like crazy.

“How have you been, baby?” Mrs Tuan asked after Youngjae settled in at the seat beside hers, the trio watching the scene unfolding in front of them silently.

Mark who was too happy over having Youngjae over didn’t realise the stinky eyes that the person beside him as been sending his baby brother.

Jaebum, on the other hand couldn’t keep his eyes off the cuteness that just walked into this room which caused him to unconsciously pour too much pepper in his soup than intended.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Yugyeom nudged, hissing at the older who already had pour too much pepper for his own good.

“Shoot!” Jaebum exclaimed quietly, flustered at his own stupidity before putting the shaker away and trying to save his bowl of soup.

Mark who happened to witness the ‘accident’ could only smile, clearly sensing that someone might just be crushing on his baby soon.

In the midst of everything, there is Kim Yugyeom who's too busy eating to notice anything and Choi Youngjae who questioning what he did so wrong to offend his brother in law until his getting these deathly glares.

+++++++++++++

“I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be you, Jackson. You are the ace for the second year.” Hakyeon said with full of confidence which caused to muttered a quick ‘thank you’.

He could see Mark Tuan looking at him from a near distance with a smile which he ignored and continue chatting with Hakyeon, still annoyed with the statue over the ‘baby’ guy who he ended up finding out living next door to them
currently yesterday night.

As more students including those from the second year dance majors gathered in the small practice hall, the atmosphere becomes more loud and tense.

Due to a upcoming special performance planned out, the third and second year of performing major and second year dance major has gathered to hear out on who had been picked and partner up these years.

“All right, settle down.” Instructor Seo instructed, causing everyone to quickly settle down on the floor as the face him and waited for him to speak more.

“First of all, I know that we had considered a second year performance representative but after further discussion we decided that it will be a special third year performance and second year dance collaboration as the second years are still currently busy with the upcoming competition. We had picked three representative from each major and this will be the partnering. Hakyeon and Yuri, Joon and Hyuna and lastly the main pair, Mark and Youngji.” Instructor Seo announced which earned string of groans from those missing out from partnering with the dancing goddesses.

Jackson’s eyes instantly found Mark who look taken aback at the news before their eyes met, the older look uncomfortable somehow and he started to frown when he saw Youngji approaching the statue.

He continue to watch as they chatted, both full of smiles which cause his blood to unconsciously boil as he stomped out of the hall, not even waiting for any further instruction or announcement.

As he walked past the garden area where Youngji usual circle of friends were seated and chatting, his track was pause when he heard his name being mention.

Isn’t that Jackson Wang stupid? He is totally fool by her.
Exactly, a girl like her would only want Mark Tuan.
Bingo, even if it means that she need to use someone to her advantage.
Just look at her, learning all that martial art stuff just for the hottest guy around.
Well, you can’t blame her. Who wouldn’t Mark Tuan for themselves?

“Did she just used me to get to Mark Tuan?” Jackson questioned himself mentally, his hand balled up into a fist before he stomped off, heading home straight.

 

A/N: Hi! I'm back, feeling all better. Thank you for all the concern. From reading all the comments, I see that most of you are unhappy about Mark hurting which I'm very sorry about but since this is my first markson angst, i wanted it to be more impactful.
I'm sure alot of you don't know this but angst and drama is my genres since I started writing rather than fluff so i hope you won't hate me to much on the angsty part.

 

Hope you will still enjoy this and share with me your thoughts :)
 

BIG THANKS TO ALL FOR SUBSCRIBING!<3 (unable to list the names since my subscribers list refused to load for some reason)
 

InfinitelyCassie <3