Chapter 8

Yours? Mine? Heart?

Chapter 8

"Yah, Jackson Wang, did you hear me?" Jaebum asked, waving his hand in front of his best friend who pretty much has been zoning out for the last fifteen minutes.

Sighing when he didn't get any respond, he turned to called out for their youngest beside Jackson to only be greeted with the same sight, he turned to look at what they are staring at just to realize it was Mark Tuan, busy talking to a junior maybe.

Now he can totally understand Yugyeom staring but not Jackson Wang, his best friend don't stare at his rival, never ever.

When he finally couldn't stand being ignored anymore, Jaebum smacked both their arms causing them to winced in pain and complained at the same time, clearly unhappy about that.

"Well, I'm glad to have my friends back, now can somebody tell me what so interesting about watching Prince Charming talking to a girl?" Jaebum exclaimed, eyeing his best friends with a rather amused expression.

Jackson just ignored that question while trying to act like he totally wasn't staring at Mark Tuan, he was just lost in his thoughts.

"You know the five minutes rule, hyung. She has been seating there for more than that." Yugyeom exclaimed, answering with a pout as he rub his poor arm.

Jaebum nodded, how can he forget about that infamous five minutes rule where if a is girl seated there more than that, the girl is obviously confessing their love to Prince Charming.

"Oh, she's up." Yugyeom exclaimed, earning the other two attention as they watched the girl run passed their table with teary eyes, obviously rejected like always.

"Isn't that Bae Suzy, the second year goddess in your major, hyung?" Yugyeom asked, looking at Jaebum who slowly nodded after realizing why he found that figure familiar earlier.

"Wow, even someone like her got rejected." Jaebum exclaimed, unconsciously in disbelief at the fact that one of the college goddess who have guys lining up for her just got rejected by Mark Tuan.

"Exactly, he rejected every single one. Isn't it weird? Maybe he secretly as someone..." Yugyeom pointed out, having one of those light bulb moment which instantly caused Jackson who was listening in to their conversation all these while to look elsewhere while munching on his sandwich, clearly avoiding that subject.

Jaebum who notice the change become curious so he decided to mess with Jackson a bit.

"Who knows, it could be anyone and the person might even be around us." Jaebum exclaimed, causing Jackson to almost choke on his sandwich but managed to save himself by grabbing his bottle of apple juice and gulped it down fast.

"Whoever it's, is super lucky." Yugyeom sighed after staring weirdly at Jackson, munching on his fries while Jaebum just smirked in amusement, clearly something is going on between this two.

Jackson just stay quiet, continue acting uninterested at the topic until Jaebum asked him something that he didn't want to hear.

"So Jacks, how did you get here this morning?" Jaebum purposely asked even though he had heard the news earlier about Jackson coming in Mark's car again, news spread like wildfire when it comes to Prince Mark and Prince Jackson.

"Oh, I heard about you coming with Mark hyung again, so lucky." Yugyeom exclaimed, totally forgotten about this earlier.

"Wow, it's already the third time, Jacks. What's going on?" Jaebum asked, eyeing on Jackson who honestly wanted to just disappear into thin air at this moment as he avoided his best friends eyes on him.

"Excuse me but can I talk to Jackson for a bit?" Hakyeon, Jackson's senior appeared while smiling at the trio before the duo nodded and the relief prince escaped with his senior.

“Don’t you think Jackson hyung is acting weird?” Yugyeom exclaimed once he was sure that the older was out of earshot while Jaebum just looked at him in amazement.

“Wow, I guess you are not that oblivious after all.” Jaebum commented, finally seeing the younger in a different light after spending months dealing with his obliviousness.

“I’m oblivious not dumb, hyung. Of course, I noticed.” Yugyeom sighed, it was so Jaebum like to underestimate him like always just because he is the youngest out of them, three.

“That’s good to know.” Jaebum teased causing the annoyed younger to rolled his eyes at him before stuffing more fries into his mouth while the older just chuckled at his cuteness.

+++++++++++++

“I’m heading to practice now. See you tomorrow.” Jackson announced, getting up from the bench that they were seated on for the past hour, chatting as they accompanied him before his practice start.

“But aren’t your practice starting in half an hour time, hyung?” Yugyeom asked, lost as he checked his wristwatch.

“We are starting early today for some reason.” Jackson replied, picking up his backpack as he remember at what Hakyeon instructed him earlier, to notified everyone in the second year of the change in timing for today practice.

The duo nodded as they accompanied their friend walked towards the usual practice room, bumping into Mark who just greeted the trio with a small smile.

“What are you doing here?” Jackson asked, raising his eyebrows in curiosity since the seniors rarely get involved in their practices unless there is a need too.

Mark just smile, waving at the excited Yugyeom before entering the room, leaving the younger lost.

“Well, you better go and check out what’s going on. We will get going first.” Jaebum suggested to his lost friend who nodded before he dragged the younger whose busy complaining at how he want to stay back to watch Mark hyung away.

As Jackson step into the room, most of them are all there gathered and seated on the floor in front of Hakyeon who's clearly doing a head count and Mark Tuan who's just sitting there, watching them.

Not really sure at what’s going on or to expect, Jackson placed his backpack aside, joined the others and waited for the remaining to arrive.

About ten minutes later, he could clearly hear Hakyeon’s voice calling out for  their attention which he instantly got since everyone is clearly curious as to the reason why two of their ace seniors is here instead of their usual instructor.

“I’m pretty sure you guys are curious as to why Mark and me are the ones greeting you guys today.” Hakyeon started, earning a string of ‘yes’ from the second year while Jackson just nodded, who isn’t curious at this point.

“Due to various reasons, Instructor Seo wouldn’t be around this week so in the meantime, we will fill in his spot for practices this week so expect the worst especially those in Mark’s team.” Hakyeon announced causing those in the advance team to groaned in agony including Jackson since he is the leader of that team.

“Alright, let’s split up and get started.” Hakyeon exclaimed, gearing them up as the second year instantly split up into two teams, advance and base team.

They were divided depending on their skill where the base team are more on the normal level and the advance team members are more on the higher level, requiring them to do extra difficult moves and steps.

Now if one thing you learn about this major, being in the advance team means you will instantly face Mark Tuan because he is the top ace and senior and being under his guidance means hell because he known to be super strict when it comes to performing and practices.

Jackson would be lying if he said he isn’t scared at how different that statue is will guiding and teaching them in this practice room, it’s like as if he is someone else.

They practiced like crazy for hours until Mark called out for a ten minutes break, instantly his legs gave out and he plopped down on the floor while breathing hard, trying to catch his breath.

While he busy struggling to breath, he could clearly see the only two female members of his team flirting with Mark at the corner of the room.

“How the hell do they even had the energy to flirt?” Jackson mumbled to himself, rolling his eyes at how that statute even accepted the bottle of water one of them offered to him.

Sighing at how pathetic he was to forgot grabbing a bottle for himself, Jackson decided to just head for his backpack and look for tissues to dab his sweats dry.

In the midst of tired out bodies, Mark could clearly spotted his Mandu seated beside his backpack and busy dabbing his sweat.

Smiling at the younger hardworking sight, he scribbled something on the bottle in his hold before excusing himself  from the two ladies and  slowly headed toward Jackson before quickly placing the bottle in front of him and walk away.

Lost at how fast the older moved past him, he picked up the bottle and smiled at the clear ‘jia you’ written in chinese characters on top of the cap.

He looked up to the older who was watching him with a satisfied smile before he turned his attention towards Hakyeon who had wanted to chat about the practice.

Jackson took a gulp before smiling to himself as his eyes trailed over those characters again and again, it’s weirdly makes him less tired and more pumped up than before.

+++++++++++++

Jackson checked his wristwatch, ten minutes had pass since he had waited here by Mark Tuan’s car in an empty carpark since it’s already this late and majority of the students body including those that exited the practice room with him earlier had gone home.

“I’m sorry, I was caught up with discussing the practices schedule.” Mark apologized, appearing with his own backpack in a hurry.

“It’s fine, let’s go.” Jackson waved it off, he was too tired to even complain as he waited for the older to unlock the vehicle before plopping his sore body in the front seat instantly, beside the driver’s seat.

The whole ride was in silence, just like this morning until they parked at  the apartment carpark before Mark reached out for their wedding rings that they had agreed to keep in his car’s front compartment this morning and only wear it around their parents.

Mark didn’t really like the idea but he didn’t want to argue with Jackson so he just agreed, at least the younger still think about their parents feelings.

“Thanks.” Jackson thanked, receiving the familiar band from the older before slipping it on his ring finger and once they are ready to face their parents, the rivals alighted from the vehicle and headed for the lift.

“Welcome home, boys.” Mrs Tuan greeted, smiling before she makes way for the tired out pair to come in and instantly the boys were greeted by the delicious smell coming from the kitchen.

“Go and wash up first then we can have dinner.” Mrs Tuan suggested, earning nods from the pair before they straightaway headed for their room.

“You go ahead, I will go later.” Mark offered, seeing how Jackson seems totally tired out by his intensive practice way.

Jackson just nodded, mumbling a soft ‘thanks’ before straight away heading for the bathroom after grabbing his towel and pyjamas.

By the time he make his way to the dining table, he could clearly see his mom and mother in law chatting while his dad trying to chat up a dozing off Jackson.

“Oh, Yi En is out. Time to eat, Gaga wake up!” Mrs Wang exclaimed, nudging her son who instantly jolted up upon smelling the dishes in front of him, courtesy of Mrs Tuan who's serving them, tonight.

“Where is Pa?” Mark asked after taking his seat next to the younger, noticing that his father in law is missing from the dinner table.

“He will be late, let’s just eat first.” Mrs Wang informed causing Mark to nod before they started eating, chatting in between about their day and soon they were done enjoying dinner.

“It’s fine, Mom. I will do the clean up today.” Mark offered, knowing that his mother is probably tired out today since she did spent the whole day working at her bakery.

Mrs Tuan gave a smile before she dragged her husband and Mrs Wang to rest up in the living room but not before her in law nagged her son to help her Yi En out.

“It’s ok, Ma. Ka Yee is totally tired out today, I will be fine alone.” Mark waved it off, convincing his mother in law that it was ok for the younger to chill out with them in the living room.

Mrs Wang sighed, smiling nonetheless before dragging her zombie son with her to the living room, Jackson instantly plopped beside his mother, half listening to the elders chatting about stuffs he wasn’t interested in.

In less than ten minutes, he was getting bored so he decided to just get up and search for his source of entertainment, Mark Tuan.

Meanwhile Mark was busy with washing the dishes in the kitchen, humming to himself as he scrubbed those plates clean.

While scrubbing, he suddenly saw a hand reaching out for a washed plate before Jackson appeared beside him with a kitchen towel in one hand and his newly washed plate in the other.

He didn’t say anything but just smile as he watches the younger drying the plates for him before trying to finish washing his stack.

“Why are you so nice to me?” Jackson suddenly asked, eyes still on the plates while his mind wondered why Mark Tuan seems to always give in when it comes to him.

“Huh?” Mark asked, clearly didn’t expect that sudden question while trying to figure out what’s going in the other’s head.

“You shouldn't be too nice or people would step all over you.” Jackson exclaimed, purposely didn’t repeat his previous question before he looked up, staring straight at the other who's looking at him, lost.

Unconsciously Jackson’s body moved forward, his eyes fixated on the older’s lips before he tried to close the gap between their lips.

Mark who's shocked by the younger movement, just stay stilled as he stare at the face that seems like as if his entrance by him.

When he finally felt the lips on his own, Jackson jolted up from his own trance before staring at Mark who was just as flustered as him, heart pumping hard just from that touch.

Not saying anything, Jackson quickly just left behind the older and the chores behind before zooming out of the kitchen, too flustered by what just happened.
The older let out a small smile as he touches his lips, he knows he looks like a lovesick puppy right now but he don’t care because never in a million years would he dare dreaming of something like that happening to him.

"Sweetie, is everything alright?" Mrs Tuan asked, appearing right in front of Mark who quickly snapped out of his thoughts as he nodded to his mom.

"Ka Yee was rushing his way into the bedroom just now, I thought you guys had a fight or something." Mrs Tuan explained after sighing in relief, glad that nothing bad happened between the boys.

"He must be sleepy, I guess." Mark answered, knowing clearly the reason the younger made sure an escape in the first place.

Mrs Tuan smiled before pulling her son into a sudden hug, her next set of words caught Mark by surprise.

"I'm sorry, dear because of us, you have to go through all these. We shouldn't force you." Mrs Tuan whispered those words, tightening the hug as the guilt in her, resurfaced.

It would be a lie if they didn't feel guilty about forcing the whole marriage idea on the boys but they know, the boys are meant for each other even if they failed to see it now.

"Mom, I'm fine. Don't worry, I had a choice back then and I could even choose to abandon the wedding but you know, I give it a go because I really love him." Mark said, rubbing circles on his mother who was clearly feeling guilty over everything and it didn't make him feel good at the slightest bit.

"I know, sweetie but promise me, if there happens to be a day where you had enough or need someone, please reached out to me or dad. We are always here for you, Yi En." Mrs Tuan said after pulling away while staring at her son who only nodded, understanding those words perfectly.

"Well you go ahead and get your rest.  I will settle the plates for you." Mrs Tuan said upon realizing the stack of plates that still needs drying and keeping away, smiling reassuringly at her son before sending him off with a 
goodnight kiss on the cheek.

Mark makes sure to stop by the living room to wished his father and mother in law 'good night' before continue making his way to their shared room.

When he stepped into the room, he was greeted with the sight of Jackson tossing and turning in bed while looking very uncomfortable.

"Are you alright?" Mark asked as he approached the younger who immediately froze up upon hearing his voice, mind still trying process what happened in the kitchen earlier.

"Wang Ka Yee, I'm asking if you are aliright?" Mark rephrased his question with a firmer tone, obviously worried about the younger who looked like as if he's in pain.

"My legs are sore." Jackson croaked out, that tone freaks him out every single time no matter how many time that freaking statue used it.

Hearing those words, Mark quickly plopped himself down beside the younger's legs before resting one of it on his lap causing Jackson to immediately pulled away, overwhelmed by the older sudden action.

"What are you doing?" Jackson asked, clearly taken aback by the older who just smiled before he slowly but firmly pulled the leg back on to his lap and start massaging gently, instantly causing the younger to relax.

Mark smiled to the other when he noticed that Jackson has gotten less tense than before while the other just awkwardly look around to avoid staring at the face that's focusing on massaging him at this moment.

Time passed by as Mark slowly make his way to the next leg while Jackson found himself staring at the beautiful face in front of him, he tried his best to avoid doing that but he found himself giving in to it fifteen minutes ago.

Jackson didn't know why but his eyes always seems to trailed over those pinky lips that he had touched twice with his own, he really needs to distract himself away from it.

"Alright, we are done. I think it's better if you sleep with your legs resting on a pillow tonight." Mark announced happily, feeling great that he can help the younger out before he moved forward, right in front of Jackson to be exact before reaching out for one of theirs pillows without realizing that their lips are a few inches away again.

Without a warning, he felt a soft lips against his own which instantly caused his heart to race as the kiss lasted for a while before Jackson pulled away, staring at him with a dazed expression like his own.

They froze for a bit, staring at each other until Jackson was the first one to turn away awkwardly, trying to process what he just did.

“Sorry, I’m too tired and my brain aren’t working. Just forget that.” Jackson apologized, mumbling to be exact before he turn himself, facing the other side as he laid back down into his previous position.

Mark didn’t know how to react or respond so he just quietly continue his intention to put a pillow under the younger’s legs while trying to calm down his thumping heart all at the same time.

Jackson feel like smacking himself, clearly couldn’t understand why did he just steal kisses from his rival twice in just one night.

Sighing, he prays hard that he won’t get addicted to those pinky lips soon because it will just spell trouble for him.


+++++++++++++

The trio finally settling down at their lunch table after spending what seem like eternity queuing for their food when suddenly a familiar voice was heard, pausing their grumblings.

“Can I join you guys for lunch?” Mark awkwardly asked, mentally smacking himself for even daring enough to ask that question to the other three princes.

“Of course, hyung. Take a seat.” Yugyeom cheered excitedly before Jackson could say anything nor Jaebum could process anything.

He awkwardly took a seat beside Jaebum since it’s the only space available which cause him to face Yugyeom while the other third year, facing Jackson.
Mark pulled out the lunch boxes that Ma had prepared for them this morning, yes including Jackson’s because the younger had forgotten to take his along with him when he alighted this morning in a hurry since they were running kinda of late, thanks to oversleeping

Due to the news of them caught arriving together, Jackson had suggested this morning that he will drop him a few blocks away from college every morning, in a way to avoid the watching eyes.

He did tried calling and texting the younger earlier but failed to receive any kind of respond so he decided to approach this way so that Jackson can enjoy his own lunch box.

Immediately Jackson recognized his lunch box, sighing mentally when he realized he forgot to bring it along when he alighted the car.

“I brought two, you both can share this while I share mine with Yugyeom.” Mark exclaimed, smiling as he pushed Jackson’s over to the duo while he opened up his to share with the excited youngest in front of him.

Jackson’s eyes sparkled in excitement and he didn’t need to be told twice to dig in, surprising Jaebum who has been observing him since Mark Tuan arrived earlier, it the first time that Jackson Wang didn’t chase Mark Tuan away.

Mark smiled in satisfaction at watching the other enjoying his mother in law cooking before turning to start eating and focusing on Yugyeom who's excited talking about how he needs to learn some cool flips from him.

While they chatted, Jaebum was totally focusing on Jackson while he slowly enjoy the food, opposite of his best friend who’s vacuuming up especially the dumplings.

As he watches, he couldn’t help but to notice the shining band on Jackson’s ring finger which cause him to instantly grabbed the other’s arm, pulled it closer to him before inspecting the ring.

Jackson who just realized at what his best friend noticed, gulped in horror while praying hard that the other won’t question but of course not, Jaebum is as curious as a cat.

“What’s going on, Jacks?” Jaebum question suspiciously, eyeing the other while Mark and Yugyeom turned upon hearing that question causing Mark to instantly froze up at what he saw.

“Stupid, he must had forget to take it off earlier.” Mark scolded in his head, trying to figure out of a way to help the younger out and luckily, he saw Hakyeon passing by their table.

“Hakyeon.” Mark suddenly called out, which caused the trio to turn their attention towards him while Hakyeon approached over, greeting Mark with a smile.

“What’s up, Mark? You need something?” Hakyeon asked before smiling at the best friends as he waited for his classmate reply.

“You know about what we discussed earlier, about changing members. I think you need to brief Jackson about it.” Mark purposely used their discussion as a reason which luckily earned a nod from Hakyeon before he called the younger out for the briefing.

Jackson sighed in relief as he walked away, mentally thanking Mark Tuan for saving him at that moment while the older only received weird stares from Jaebum.

“You guys are acting weird.” Jaebum exclaimed as he eyed the other beside him while Yugyeom just watch, wondering what is happening.

Mark just smile before continue eating , avoiding Jaebum’s eyes who's watching him like a hawk.

.
+++++++++++++

Hours passed by and his last class just ended, Jackson quickly check his phone to see any text from Jaebum or Yugyeom since their youngest did mention earlier about how they planned to hang out today after classes ended since none of them had practice today.

He groaned at the long list of missed call from Mark and a few unread texts from the other, it was all about his lunch earlier, he mentally kick himself for leaving the device on silence during the whole time before he switch on the sound again..

There it was under Mark’s texts, a text from Yugyeom saying that they are waiting at the carpark for him which instantly got him off his seat and zoomed out of his classroom with his backpack.

“Hey guys.” Jackson greeted, stopping right in front of his best friends whose  busy chatting.

“Let’s go, guys.” Jaebum smiled excitedly, it has been a while since the three of them managed to hang out together since they are all busy with their individual practices on most of the days.

Jackson was about to hopped into the vehicle, right beside Jaebum again when his phone suddenly beeped which caused him to quickly check the text that came in.

From: Statue
Hey, Ma is with me right now. Hurry up & come over to the cafe nearby our college.

Jackson’s eyes almost popped out when he read the text because does it even make sense for his mother to be with the statue right now.

“Hyung, is something wrong?” Yugyeom asked when he noticed the disbelief on the older face while Jaebum just watched.

“Guys, I’m sorry. I can’t go today, last minute plans with my Ma.” Jackson apologized, leaving out the Mark Tuan part of course which caused the duo to sighed but nodded understandingly.

“Thanks guys, I will hang out together next time. I promise.” Jackson exclaimed, letting out a sigh of relief before making his way to the cafe after saying his byes to his best friends.

When Jackson finally spotted the cafe from across the road, he could clearly see Mark Tuan standing  by his car which parked by the sidewalk, outside the cafe.

"Hey, where is Ma?" Jackson immediately asked while trying to regulate his own breathing after the short sprint here from college.

Mark greeted with a soft 'hey' before pointing over at his mother in law whose right now over at the cashier, ordering a drink for her son.

"How did she ended up here?" Jackson asked, relaxing a bit after spotting his Ma as he leaned himself against the car, beside his rival.

“She dropped by at our college before she called me because she knows my classes always ended a bit earlier than yours. She wanted to bring us shopping for our daily necessities and some electrical appliances needed around the apartment. Originally she suggested waiting for you at the carpark but I managed to persuade her into waiting right here instead in order to avoid unneeded attention on us back there.” Mark explained the whole situation, earning a nod from Jackson who's glad that the statue handle the situation well because if it’s was him, he would just freak out on the spot.

“Gaga.” Mrs Wang’s voice was heard before she appeared right in front of her son with a cup of ice chocolate in her hold.

“Ma.” Jackson greeted back, hugging his mother before the smiling older lady passed the cup over to her son who gladly accepted the cup of goodness.

“Since Gaga is here, let’s get going.” Mrs Wang suggested which earn a clear nod from the pair before they hopped in Mark’s car with the couple at the front and Mrs Wang at the back.

It was a short drive to a three story giant supermarket located in between their college and apartment area.

They started off with walking through the electrical appliances area, finding for toasters and others that’s needed around the apartment, especially the kitchen and living room area.

About half an hour later, the three found themselves at the bedroom and bathroom section where most of their daily necessities like towels and toothbrushes are found and Mrs Wang thought it’s a perfect  time to leave them alone.

“Why don’t you boys go ahead and picked out what you need while I go and get some groceries to top up the fridge. We will meet again at the cashier in half an hour time.” Mrs Wang announced, attempting to let the boys spend some time together and pick things out, hopefully together before walking off after getting hesitant nods from the pair.

The pair stand there awkwardly, watching Mrs Wang disappeared into the groceries section on their right before turning to look at each other, not knowing what to do.

Mark who's slowly hating this awkwardness decided to start looking through for their necessities like suggested since they did kinda of just move into their apartment without much stuff except those in their luggages and some their parents had packed for them just in case.

Like Mrs Wang said to him earlier at the cafe, she wanted him and Ka Yee to experience couple activities like shopping for their new apartment and buying couple stuffs like other married pair, it pretty much explain why their apartment wasn’t that fully equiped like how there was still no television in the living room or toaster in the kitchen.

He understand his mother in law intention but Mark knows better that anyone that nothing like that gonna happened between him and the younger, they would probably picked everything out by themselves.

His eyes soon landed on a red towel that instantly caused him to grabbed it off the shelves and dropped it into the basket in Jackson’s hold.

“What? The black looks better.” Jackson instantly complained, not liking the colour as he grabbed the red and put it back on the shelves and replaced it with a black one that’s seated beside the red on the shelves.

“Red.” Mark stated, not happy about his favourite colour being rejected as he grabbed the towel again off the shelves before trying to place it back into the basket but Jackson childishly hide it behind his back.

“Ka Yee.” Mark pouted as he tried to sneak the towel in to the basket which caused Jackson to playfully back away while sticking his tongue out at the older until he was stopped by the shelves behind him.

Mark smirked at seeing how the younger was now trapped between him and the shelves, he purposely close the distance between them before whispering something into Jackson’s ear causing the younger’s heart to race like crazy upon feeling that breathing on his ear.

“I won.” Mark whispered, clear amusement in his voice as he dropped his towel into the basket in the now immobilized Jackson’s hold.

“I’m going to pick things out by myself.” Jackson suddenly exclaimed in one breath before zooming off, leaving the basket with the amused older who just chuckled at the flustered younger.


+++++++++++++

Mark stare at the younger whose asleep beside him, probably tired out from his intensive practice session again since there was a big change in members after further discussion which cause them to start practicing from basic sequences again.

It was expected for the other to be dead tired especially after spending the last two days helping Mrs Wang with the apartment after college since they already got mostly what needed including their television at the supermarket, three days ago.

“Ka Yee.” Mark called out, waking up the younger after he had parked his car which instantly cause the younger to stirred up a bit before he rubbed his eyes.

“Let’s go, we are already home.” Mark announced, smiling as he passed the younger his band which Jackson instantly slipped on before he lazily alighted the car, still half asleep somehow.

Mark chuckled, watching the sleepy zombie beside him as they ride the lift before finally arriving at their level where he had to almost dragged Jackson out.

“Why aren’t they answering?” Jackson asked, starting to worried when he noticed that nobody is answering the door for them even after Mark had pressed the bell a few times.

“Do you have your keys? I don’t have mine.” Mark asked, regretting forgetting his bunch of keys in their bedroom this morning.

Jackson nodded, he quickly finds for the key in his jeans pocket before unlocking the door for them and they slowly entered the eerily quiet apartment, not like usual.
“Where is everyone?” Jackson asked, looking at Mark whose just shrugged his shoulder before he spotted something on the dining table.

“Look!” Mark exclaimed, pointing out at the table spread out with their favourite foods, covered with a note at the side.

The pair approached the table before Jackson picked up the note, reading his mother neat handwriting on the note before Mark took a sneak peek of it from over his shoulder, curious as to what’s going on.

“Wow, they really like to do things their way.” Jackson exclaimed in surprise at the fact that he just read a note saying that their parents had decided to move back home and leave them to finally enjoy private time alone.

Mark just smiled, it was totally their parents style at doing things differently before he turned to open the covered up spread that he pretty sure his mother in law had prepared for them before leaving.

“Let’s eat first, aren’t you starving?” Mark suggested, earning an obedient nod from Jackson who can’t reject food at this moment.

The older quickly started serving him which caused Jackson to just stare at his movement, somehow mesmerised by the smile that never leave Mark’s face.

Meanwhile Mark was glad that their relationship did get a bit better, at least Jackson wasn’t trying to pick a fight or argue with him all the time and the fact that he has been quite obedient towards Mark these days was a plus.

They started eating in a comfortable silence, enjoying their favourite until Mark noticed grains of rice stuck on the side of Jackson’s mouth which caused him to instinctively reached out to clean it up for the younger, which of course took the younger by surprise

Weirdly, Jackson had the urged to reached out for that soft hand which he did before entangling his fingers with Mark’s which surprised the older this time round, he stare at how their fingers fits perfectly together.

“Ka Yee.” Mark called out, lost at watching how Jackson is staring their entangled fingers with an unreadable expression.

“Do you like this?” Jackson asked, finally looking up at the older whose seated opposite of him while Mark was stumped by the sudden question, how is he gonna explain that his heart is almost exploding at this moment.

“I like it.” Jackson continued, unsure at what had taken over him but he kissed Mark’s hand before straring straight at the older who by now already froze up due to his unexpected action.

Mark tried to get something out of his throat but it was no used, he was just speechless over that action and before he could return a smile, a ringing from Jackson’s jeans front pocket spoilt their moment.

Jackson slowly let go of his hand before fishing out the device from his pocket, to only grinned like a child when he saw the number flashing on the screen.

“Youngji!” Jackson greeted happily, in fact too happily that it immediately washes the smile off Mark’s face as he heard the name, it defenitely bring him back to reality that Youngji is the person that Jackson loves, not him.

He just smile sadly at how pathetic he was to overread the changes in the younger because even if they could be more comfortable with each other now, it didn’t change the fact that he isn’t Jackson choice to start with.

Mark watches as Jackson got engrossed in the phone call which causes him to get up and head to their room for privacy he guess, leaving him alone at the dinning table.

The older took a deep breath, pushing away those depressing feelings as he continue to enjoy the food that his Ma had took the time to cook for them.

By the time he was done eating and clearing up alone, he head over to the room just to see Jackson still busy chatting on the phone, the smile never leaves his face.

He just ignored the younger as he picked out his pyjamas and head for the shower straight while Jackson suddenly feel akward talking with Youngji with his rival in the same room so he decided it’s time for him to have his own space.

When Mark finally stepped out of the shower, he was surprised to see Jackson moving some stuffs out of their room into the room beside his, previously used by the Wang pair.

“What’s going on?” Mark asked, stopping the younger who was about to exit with another sets of his clothings before Jackson turn to face him.

“I’m moving out of this room, there is no reason for us to be sharing room anymore but I will just take some stuffs with me incase they do a surprise visit, it’s easier to move them back here.” Jackson answered before he continue his track, leaving behind a disapointed Mark who should have see this coming but he didn’t because he was too caught up at the fact that they have been sharing a room and a bed for almost a week with no problems.

“Good night.” Jackson muttered, grabbing his belongings from the night stand before exiting the room and closing the door behind him, leaving Mark to sleep by himself.

It’s gonna be a long night.” Mark muttered to himself as he plopped himself down on the cold bed, wondering if his gonna get any sleep tonight.

 

A/N: Hello! Sorry for skipping last week, I fall sick again, thanks to the crazy weather but I didn't want to make you wait any longer so I somehow managed to update, phew. I wanna apologize for not replying to comments and listing the subscribers names this update. 

I appreciate everyone support and continue enjoying it, don't forget to sharwe withg me your thoughts. Thanks and I'm off to resting again, see you in the next update T_T

BIG THANKS TO ALL FOR SUBSCRIBING!<3

InfinitelyCassie