Chapter 3

Yours? Mine? Heart?

Chapter 3

Jackson instantly plopped himself down on the couch the moment he laid his eyes on it, too exhausted from rehearsal to even bother about anything else.

He drifted off to sleep the moment he closes his eyes, failing to realize that he was all alone in that villa.

When he finally awaken due to the thunder outside, he realized that it was almost midnight which cause him to force himself up and headed straight for the shower in his room, to clean up.

After his quick shower, he instantly dive into bed and fall asleep again, his dinner & Mark long forgotten.

It wasn't until the next morning when he was greeted by the sight of no one in the kitchen, preparing breakfast like the previous morning that he realize Mark Tuan isn't home.

He rushed back upstairs, checking the room beside his just in case that idiot overslept but nope, it was empty.

"Aish! Where did he go?" Jackson mumbled, running his hand through his hair before pulling out his phone from his jeans pocket, trying to call the other but only to realize that he didn't have Mark Tuan's number.

"Great!" Jackson exclaimed, feeling like smacking his own head for being an idiot for not saving that freaking statue's number.

"How am I going to answer to Mommy and Daddy?" He groaned at the thought of the Tuan pair disappointed face looking at him, that statue just love getting him into trouble.

While he was busy with his own thoughts, he heard honks which signalled that Jaebum already arrive to pick him up.

Jackson zoom down the stairs, grabbing a bottle of orange juice from the fridge after getting his backpack before making his way out of the door.

"I will talk to him later." Jackson thought to himself as he walked towards the third year’s car, pushing aside the Mark Tuan's situation before acting like per normal.

Time passes as the day go by as per normal but Jackson feels off, he didn’t know why but not seeing the annoying statue walking around like usual, shoving his face to everyone just makes him feel different.

It was already lunch time and he was facing his favourite ham and cheese sandwich but he didn’t have any appetite, just staring at his lunch while Jaebum could only sighed, he is not a fan of a depressed Jackson Wang.

Before he could ask Jackson anything, Yugyeom appeared before plopping down beside Jackson with a frown, clearly upsets about something.

“What is wrong, Yug?” Jaebum asked, not used to a depressed Yugyeom at all since the younger has always been a ball of sunshine in no matter what situation.

 “I didn’t see Mark hyung around today.” Yugyeom sighed, upset at the fact that he didn’t managed to have his dose of Mark today, he would usually watch the older practice his martial art moves during his free period but the older wasn’t around today.

“You are kidding me, right?” Jaebum questioned in disbelief, throughout the years he never heard of Mark Tuan missing class which got him that perfect attendance, it was a known fact even for someone in the music major like him.

“Did you do something to him, Jackson hyung?” Yugyeom exclaimed, looking at Jackson suspiciously after nodding to Jaebum’s words, the scene that he witnessed yesterday makes him suspicious.

“What? No..” Jackson burst out in defence, clearly not liking how Yugyeom instantly linking him to that statue when he, himself don’t even know what happened to Mark Tuan.

“Don’t worry, Yug. I’m sure you will see him tomorrow.” Jaebum exclaimed, trying to cheer up the worried younger without realizing his reassuring a certain Jackson Wang too.

+++++++++++++

"Jacks, you looked horrible." Jaebum exclaimed, surprised at the sight of a zombify Jackson approaching him and his car.

Jackson waved off that remark, too tired to even rebut back because he had used up all his energy today for practice and it didn't help that he didn't get any sleep last night thanks to the missing statue.

He was about to climb into the older's car when Jaebum stopped him, asking to wait for Yugyeom.

Jackson nodded, leaning his tired out body on the car as they waited for their youngest who luckily appeared, 
running towards them ten minutes later.

"I'm sorry, I'm late." Yugyeom immediately apologized after seeing how the two older ones were waiting for him in the hot sun.

"It's fine, let's go." Jaebum answered, smiling at the freshmen before they climb into his car, driving off the college car park.

"Didn't you always stay back on Wednesday?" Jackson asked the younger seated beside him, opting to join Yugyeom at the back because it's just way more comfortable for his sore body right now.

"I do but since Mark hyung isn't around today, I passed on watching their rehearsal." Yugyeom exclaimed sadly, upset over the news that he received from Mark's classmate earlier.

"Did something happened, you looked upset." Jaebum asked carefully after noticing their sunshine's gloomy expression, making him worry again.

“I asked Mark hyung classmate earlier if he knows what happened to him and he said that according to their instructor, Mark hyung is sick, high fever.” Yugyeom shared the news without realizing that he is making the person beside him instantly feel guilty.

“Is he sick because of me? It can’t be.” Jackson shouted in his head, trying to push the guilt out of his head but it was no used, Mark Tuan has been occupying his mind for the past two days.

Jaebum nodded his head, understanding the gloomy Yugyeom now but when he look over to Jackson, he wondered what caused his friend to lose sleep last night until he looked like that.

Jackson waved goodbye to his two buddy before walking towards his door once they drived away, his mind still fixated on the fact that Mark Tuan is out there, somewhere and sick too.

As he was about to unlock his door, Jackson almost smack his own head when he realize that there can only be one place Mark could be, his house.

Jackson swears he can be an idiot at times, not realizing the obvious as he flag for a cab before he headed straight for the Tuan’s villa which about half an hour away from his.

When he finally stand in front of the Tuan’s door, Jackson took a deep breath while praying hard that Mark is here or he is gonna get his head chop off by his Ma who adored that freaking statue way too much for his liking.

Not long after pressing the doorbell, the door swung open revealing an unfamiliar face that was smiling at him, probably waiting for him to say something first.

Jackson did a double take as he scanned the surrounding, just to make sure that he got the right address which he did before he look back at the figure in front of him, thinking about what to say.

“Baby, who is at the door?” A super familiar voice was heard before a pale looking Mark appeared beside the figure, shocked to see Jackson at his doorstep.

Due to that hurtful rooftop conversation, Mark had opted to go back to his own home that Monday but when he realized that there wasn’t any groceries in the fridge since nobody is supposed to be home for that week, he had drive out to get some which caused him to get caught in a heavy rain that  night resulting in this stupid fever.

“Can I come in?” Jackson asked, not liking at how pale and fragile looking his rival is right now.

Mark just nodded before Jackson trailed after him and the figure as they headed for the living room before the figure disappeared off to the kitchen.

They just stare at each other, both isn’t sure on what they should be talking about.

“Hyungie, your porridge is ready.” The figure reappeared with a tray, a bowl of porridge and two glasses of water seated on it.

He went ahead and offer a glass to Jackson before focusing back on Mark, the older needs to eat properly to get better fast.

“Baby, I don’t feel like eating.” Mark exclaimed, he really didn’t have an appetite nor desire to eat anything which just upset the other beside him more.

“Please, you love me don’t you? Just a few scoops is enough.” The figure coaxed, knowing the older always had a soft spot for him.

“Fine, for you.” Mark sighed in defeat, ruffling the younger’s hair before letting this sweetheart feed him which cause him to smile, watching at how his baby working hard at blowing to cool off the porridge.

Jackson who's watching everything could only feel something weird bubbling in him while he wonder who's that person because from what he knows the only so called ‘friend’ Mark Tuan had is him, he had always been a loner so where did this ‘baby’ guy come from.

He stares at the pair, his eyes unconsciously drilling holes into that ‘baby’ as the interaction between them slowly starting to annoy him.

Just when Jackson decided to leave since there was no use of him sitting there watching them, the figure suddenly gasped loudly before checking his phone, surprising both, Mark and Jackson.

“Hyungie, I will need to go now or I will miss my bus.” He informed, earning an understanding nod from Mark before they hugged, tightly causing Jackson to look away, not liking the view.

“I will miss you, Baby.” Mark exclaimed, hugging the younger tighter since it’s difficult for him to see his baby often.

“I will miss you too, Hyungie. Take care.” The figure said, smiling at the older before he waved goodbye to both of them, exiting the villa.

“Who is that?” Jackson asked once he was sure that the other was out of the villa, looking at Mark who was just staring at him, not saying anything.

“Why didn’t you come back to my place?” Jackson continued, realizing that the older had no intention of answering his previous question but still he didn’t get any response for his second one.

Mark mentally scoffed at how Jackson didn’t even bother to say sorry after those stupid words, he had been nice to the younger for way too long which caused him to get up, trying to walk away but a hand grab hold of his wrist, stopping him.

“Aren’t you going to say anything?” Jackson asked as he turned Mark to face him, staring straight into the older’s eyes.

“What should I say? The last time I had said something, you had asked me to sleep on the street.” Mark asked back, pulling his wrist out of the younger hold.

Almost instantly Jackson feel guilty, he knows what he said was too much but he can’t help himself  as his mouth is always beyond his control especially when he's angry or pissed.

Seeing how the younger still refused to say sorry, Mark just walked off since he sensing a headache approaching his way just from dealing with Jackson Wang.

Hours passed by, Jackson still sitting around in the Tuan’s living room while trying to figure out everything when he finally decided to just apologize, it’s his fault after all and no one had to know about this except them.

He climbed upstairs before heading for Mark’s room, he had remember where since he did had to spend sometime taking lessons from Mark in his room back when they are still in high school.

Thinking about it, he did spent a lot of time with his rival outside school or college now, probably more than his own best friends, thanks to their parents.

Jackson knocked a bit but there was no respond so he decided to try his luck and open the door, luckily it wasn’t lock and he was greeted by the sight of Mark peacefully sleeping on his bed.

Unconsciously a smile spread on his face as he approached the bed, covering the older with the blanket properly before taking a seat on the edge of the bed, staring at the other face.

“I’m sorry.” Jackson whispered out sincerely, staring at that angelic face that he never notice before because he was too busy being annoyed or angry at him.

He took a look around the room, nothing changes all these years as everything is still the same even the framed picture of them when they were kids by the beach, having fun were still seating on the older’s bedside drawer top.

Jackson smile at those fond memories, it was the time where nothing matters more than their play time and sleepovers.

Sighing, the younger took another glance of Mark before exiting the room quietly, leaving the older to rest.

Being the light sleeper Mark is, he was already awaken when he felt a weight settle down beside him but he just kept his eyes close, waiting to see what Jackson will do next and what he heard make him smile, indeed his Gaga didn’t change at all throughout all these years.

The older soon drifted back to sleep due to the medication and soon morning came, sunlight shining brightly through his window which waken him up due to the heat on his face.

Mark woke up feeling refreshed, thanks to the porridge, medication and the ample amount of sleep yesterday so he decided to finally head for college today since he already misses two days of classes.

When he walked down the stairs after getting ready for the day, Mark was surprised by the sight of Jackson in the kitchen, stirring something in a pot.

The older walked towards the dinning table just to see it was already set up with two glasses of orange juice before Jackson awkwardly appeared with two bowls of what seems like to be fish porridge.

“Eat up.” Jackson exclaimed before taking his seat while Mark just nodded, a bit lost by the whole Jackson cook breakfast thingy before taking the seat opposite of the younger since that is where his bowl were set.

“How did it taste?” Jackson asked after a few minutes, stealing glances at the other to see his reaction towards his first time cooking.

“Delicious.” Mark answered with a small smile even though the porridge were tasteless and a bit burnt but for him, it was the best breakfast he could ask for from Jackson Wang.

Jackson nodded, knowing the older were probably lying since he could clearly taste that it’s tasteless but then again that stupid statue is too nice for his own good to say the truth.

After their quiet breakfast, Mark lended some of his clothings to Jackson to change before they headed to college with the older driving like per usual and soon they arrived at the car park like before with Jackson praying hard once again that nobody would notice this time round but nope, luck wasn’t on his side.

As they both alighted from the car, Jackson heard somebody calling out for him before he saw Jaebum and Yugyeom approaching towards them, clearly just alight from Jaebum’s car parked not to far from them.

“Good morning.” Jaebum greeted to Jackson before his eyes looked at Mark who was busy watching Yugyeom cheering at the fact that Mark is back.

“Mark hyung, you are back. Are you feeling better? I heard that you are sick. Shouldn’t you be resting at home?” Yugyeom shooting questions out like a canon which caused Jackson to smack the back of his head again.

“Ask slowly, how is he gonna answer you?” Jackson scolded causing his best friends to exchange looks before raising their eyebrows suspiciously.

“Oh, protective..I see.” Jaebum teased, smirking at Jackson which got him flustered before he announced that his late for class and run off.

Yugyeom chased after Jackson which caused Mark to laugh and Jaebum to shake his head at their antics, he really need new best friends.

“Tell me if you have anyone to apply for best friends position because I really need new ones.” Jaebum said to Mark, smiling before he walked off to catch up with the two idiots.

Mark chuckled at Jaebum’s words, even if they aren’t exactly friends and all but since they are both third years, they did cross paths a few times due to different assignment or performance so he knows about Im Jaebum at least in general.

 

A/N: Hi! How did you guys like Mark's dissapearence? And anyone curious about that 'baby' or is it obvious ;) Please share with me your thoughts on this update ~

BIG THANKS TO jokeralien, purple_music, GhaDaJW, guardianline, anne900, adhaismyname, issykiss, ShaylaM21, kpop_on_top, AnnaLys, DragonRace, 2001sunny, SuperJunior0095, chanyeowlo, Mamigg3, LuckyNicole98, ima_ninja, loudsky, HowToKnow, ayapark, coffeescents001, MountainDreamer, xxrezurii, ShanXiaoShanSakura, Kiarian21, lunarghost, LAYNEDREA, seohyunnie_snsd, lulu_bubbletea, smokedblack, KPop_Angel7, uniekimmy, joinmymisery, Kaiten3693, myluvlyy2jun, Heydaiane_, MadeeGwapogi, kurank and steven  FOR SUBSCRIBING!

  <3 InfinitelyCassie