Chapter 4

Yours? Mine? Heart?

Chapter 4

The sound of the television playing while Jackson slowly steal a glance of Mark seated at the other end of the long sofa while he was sitting in his favourite black one.

They are currently sitting in front of the television, watching a movie to pass time until they got sleepy for the night.

It's already Friday, their parents should be flying back home by Sunday afternoon or night and finally he will be free from that statue.

These past two days fly by like per normal, nothing really change between them, he was still a jerk to his rival like always.

Thinking about his rival, Jackson was hesitating on whether he should confront Mark about what he witness in the cafeteria earlier today during lunch.

“Yes?” Mark asked when he caught Jackson's eyes on him, he had noticed from earlier that the younger looks distracted by something.

“During lunch earlier, why did she come over to see you?” Jackson decided to just go for it since he is really too curious to pass up on this topic.

“Who?’ Mark asked, a bit lost at what Jackson meant since a few girls did drop by his table during lunch earlier.

“Youngji.” Jackson answered, a bit annoyed at the possibility that Mark didn't even remembered his crush.

"Oh...she talked to me. “ Mark lied after identifying the second year dance major goddess who he happened to know as Jackson's crush.

There was no way he is telling the other that she confessed especially after Jackson was being rejected by her not long ago.

“About what?” Jackson asked again, somehow getting the vibes that it ain't just plain talking because the ladies don't approach Mark Tuan just for talks, they approach to confess.

“Stuffs.” Mark answered, eyes on the television as he avoided Jackson's eyes that was eyeing him suspiciously.

“What a joke, she confessed didn't, she?” Jackson snickered, clearly could see that the statue was lying just by the way he was avoiding his eyes.

Mark stayed quiet, looking at the floor in guilt because he knows how much Jackson likes Youngji just by how he was rambling on the rooftop that day.

“What did you answer her?” Jackson wondered even though he knows that there is a high possibility Youngji was rejected, he still asked anyway just to assure himself.

It's actually a known fact in the whole college that every single confession that comes Mark Tuan's way were rejected no matter how pretty, rich or y the girl is.

“I told her that I had someone else that I like.” Mark slowly exclaimed as he looked at Jackson who had a small smile of hope on his face upon his words.

Jackson feels hopefully again but he also can't ignore Mark's answer because that just might lead him to the reason why he rejected every confession.

“Who is it?” Jackson questioned, trying to act uninterested in the topic as his eyes glued on the television.

“It's a secret.” Mark teased, smirking which just annoyed the hell out of the younger who just glare at him.

“Well, it's not like I care anyway. As long as it's not my Youngji, it's none of my business.” Jackson snickered before getting up and walking away from the living room, probably heading for his room,

Mark smile sadly at Jackson's words, trying to push those hurt feelings away because he shouldn't be affected by those words, especially not after spending all these years loving him from a distance.

+++++++++++++

“Movies.” Mark cheered happily as he seated himself on the couch after setting down his drinks and chips on the coffee table, ready for a marathon.

Weekend it’s Mark’s favourite time since he got to stay in his pyjama, lazing around on the couch while snacking and enjoying some good movies.

While Mark is loving the whole prefect noon on the couch after sleeping in, Jackson were bored to death upstairs in his room.

After that talk last night, he had no intention of facing and spend this beautiful Saturday with that stupid statue.

He decided to text Jaebum about going over to his place and hanging out there.

As he climbed downstairs, he could heard the sound of a door creaking before it slams, making Jackson jolt in surprise.

“What the…” Jackson muttered under his breath, being greeted by the sight of Mark busy watching a horror movie on their big television screen while stuffing chips into his mouth with a teddy bear pyjamas on.

Mark was so into the movie not to notice the younger's presence until he heard movement coming from the front door.

“Where are you going?” Mark asked, after noticing it was Jackson whose busy putting on his shoes.

“Why do you care? Just continue pigging out on the couch by yourself, Prince Charming.” Jackson mocked, faking a sweet smile before he exited, slamming the door shut on the older's face.

Mark sighed, ignoring the pain he felt before he run back to the couch, distracting himself with the movie.

The marathon continues on until he fall asleep on the couch, it was the sound of lightning strikes that awaken Mark up from his deep slumber.
Stretching his body, Mark decided to head for the shower since he starting to feel sticky and it was almost dinner time anyway.

He smiled, relaxing as the water touches his body, totally enjoying it but then suddenly everything went dark.

Mark groaned at the situation, he quickly reached out for a bathrobe and wrapping himself in it before stepping out of the bathroom.

Just by looking outside of his window, It was pouring down like crazy outside before he checked around in the dark, trying to get any lights to open but none.

He even tried every electrical appliances he could find but none turn on which only help him to conclude that they are having a power out.

Mark wanted to go out and check if this villa was only the one affected or the neighbours too but decided against it since he was only in a bathrobe.

Meanwhile Jackson just arrived at the front door, being dropped off by the third year who had thankfully offer a ride back due to the  heavy downpour.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to accompany you?” Jaebum offered, knowing how Jackson doesn’t like being left alone in this kind of weather.

Jackson would love to accept the offer but he suddenly remember about Mark Tuan being in his house and he would prefer his buddy not knowing that.

“It’s fine, I’m just gonna shower quickly and head to bed straight, getting sleepy.” Jackson lied, purposely faking a yawn, hoping that Jaebum would buy his lie.

Jaebum nodded even though he wasn’t convinced especially at how suspicious the other look before waving goodbye and running back to his car with his umbrella.

He finally unlock the door once the other safely drive off to be surprised by the darkness that greeted him.

“What is going on?” Jackson muttered to himself, pressing the light switches near the entrance but none of the light would turn on.

“Seriously?” Jackson groaned in distressed, clearly not liking the darkness and with the weather outside, it was like as if he was staring in some ghost movie or something.

“Jackson.” A voice whispered into his ear from the back causing him to jump in shock while shrieking like a girl, running and hiding behind the pillar nearby.

Mark laughed out loud, the younger reaction was too entertaining and funny for him that he don’t think he will ever forget it.

“Mark Tuan!.” Jackson hissed in annoyance after realizing it was just the older, thanks to handphone light shining on the statue’s face.

“Welcome home.” Mark greeted, smiling at Jackson who just glared in response before trying to make his way to the living room, he needs to seat down before he jump and murder that annoying statue.

The older trailed after him, not knowing where to go either since it’s hard to move around with just the help of his phone’s light.

“Back off, I don’t need you in my space.” Jackson barked, suddenly feeling angry at Mark for laughing at him until like that without thinking about his feelings.

“I know you are mad at me, I’m sorry for laughing at you.” Mark apologized, knowing clearly that Jackson was mad over him laughing at his reactions.

“Sorry? You are never sorry about anything because if you are, you wouldn’t even be in my sight now.” Jackson snorted, rolling his eyes at the older who was shocked by his words.

“Do you really hate me that much?” Mark asked even though he knows the answer but it’s frustrating because he never knows what he did to deserve all the hate.

“Do you need to ask? If it wasn’t because of our parents, I wouldn’t even bother to go and find for you that day.” Jackson answered with an unreadable expression while Mark could only feel another stab on his heart upon those words.

“Of course, why would he bother if I’m dead or alive? I’m stupid to think he actually did care for once.” Mark scolded himself mentally before walking away, he didn’t want to continue standing there and hear the younger throwing more painful words at him.

Suddenly the thunder roars, scaring Jackson which caused him to unconsciously run up to Mark and hug on to the surprised older for his dear life.

Mark stare at the younger in surprise, he wants to push him away because his suppose to be upset over Jackson’s words but he just can’t especially not when the younger is shaken up with his face hidden on his chest.

When he felt the wetness on his skin, Mark had suddenly remember about what happened to Jackson when he was eight, the younger was stuck in the villa all alone by accident due to a faulty lock during a heavy downpour with thunders and whatnot.

Mr Wang was at work while Mrs Wang had left for the supermarket for a bit, not bringing him along since he was having his nap, didn’t expect to come home to her son being lock up in her own house.

Since that incident, Jackson is scared to be left alone in the dark and during this kind of weather, it just trigger that bad memory so much.

“Yi En.” Jackson called out softly, looking up at the older with tears stricken face which instantly caused Mark’s pain to disappear before he hugged the other tighter, patting Jackson’s back to comfort him.

“Come.” Mark whispered, smiling softly at Jackson before leading the younger carefully upstairs, going into Jackson’s room.

They snuggled up together in seating position with back resting on the headboard, Mark whispering comforting words into Jackson’s ears after covering them both with a big fluffy blanket.

Even though the thunders and lightning continues on, Jackson found himself slowly relaxing into Mark’s embrace as he rested his head on Mark’s chest, it has been ages since the other calm him down and he kinda miss these moments.

Mark smile in pure happiness like an idiot, too delighted at the fact that Jackson called him by his chinese name after all these years, he thought that he will never hear it again.

They stayed like that, enjoying the peaceful silence of having each other company as those past memories that they shared together, replayed in their minds.

After what seems like an hour, the rain started to lighten up as the thunder and lightning stops completely which cause Jackson to pull away from Mark before he announced that he needs a shower to hide the embarrassment that just hitting him now, he just cried on his rival’s chest.

Mark nodded before testing the lights again, hoping that the power is back on but nope it was still out so he decided to accompany Jackson by waiting out in front of the bathroom door while the younger had a quick shower.

Jackson who didn’t want to deal with being all alone in a dark shower any longer that need decided to speed through everything before quickly putting on a bathrobe since he even forget to get a change of clothes.

In his hurryness to exit the bathroom, Jackson forgot about Mark who's waiting by the door causing them to bump into each other hard, both falling flat  to the ground with Jackson on top of the older and their lips accidently touching each other.

Mark stare at the pair of eyes staring back him, equally shocked by the accidental kiss before Jackson quickly look and pull away, ending that sudden moment abruptly to hide his red face.

On the other hand, Mark was glad that they are still in the dark or the younger might see his blushing cheeks as he quickly got up, looking at Jackson who's looking at everything else except him.

“Let’s just head to bed.” Jackson exclaimed, quickly trying to find his way to his bed before positioning himself on the left side of his bed while Mark just stare in disbelief, not sure if his hearing the right thing.

“You want me to sleep with you?” Mark asked, just to confirm what he heard because let’s be real, there’s no way Jackson Wang would ask him to sleep on the same bed, together.

“Unless there’s another Mark Tuan around here…” Jackson replied, rolling his eyes at the idiot even though he can’t see it while Mark just smile, glad to hear that the sass is back before he makes his way to the bed and slide into the opposite side.

The so called rivals drifted off to dreamland within minutes, unconsciously getting tangled together as Jackson spooned Mark from the back, thinking that it was his bolster.

Unknown to them, they slept in the next morning still in the very same position that caused their parents that just arrived that morning  to smile at the scene that they were greeted with.

“I guess we were worried for nothing.” Mr Tuan exclaimed, earning nods before the mothers snapped a few pictures of that beautiful sight.

“They are really meant for each other.” Mrs Wang commented as she stare at the picture of her two lovely boys that grow up to be such fine young mens.

“I got an idea to help with our plan.” Mr Wang suddenly exclaimed, causing the others to look at him curious before he whispered it to them.

The parents shared a smile at the idea before Mr Wang start putting his plan into action as he shouted out his son’s name.

“Wang Ka Yee.” Mr Wang shouted out causing the boys to jolted up awake, staring at their parents looking at them with unreadable expressions before they realized the position they were in which instantly caused them to pull away.
 
“What happened here?” Mrs Wang asked, putting on a firm tone as she looked at the boys with suspicious eyes.

“Nothing!” Jackson exclaimed, flustered by everything as he turned to look at Mark who was just as lost as him.

“You guys are sleeping together in just bathrobe and you said, nothing?” Mr Wang purposely pressed on, eyeing on his flustered son who just realized that Mark was in a bathrobe,  just like him which cause him to have a mental breakdown.

Meanwhile Mark didn’t know what to say, feeling bad for Jackson since it seems like Uncle and Auntie misunderstood everything, he needs to explained everything to them.

“We want both of you in the living room now, no excuses.” Mr Tuan exclaimed, looking at Mark before he ‘dragged’ the other three out of the room.

“Don’t worry, I will talk to them.” Mark said, looking at Jackson who just groaned in annoyance before getting up and heading for the bathroom while ignoring him like per usual.

Sighing, Mark decided to make his way out of the room quickly before getting ready for the day, he needs to face the parents properly.

By the time they got downstairs, both set of parents are already sitting on the couch, waiting for them with an unreadable expression causing them to exchange looks before taking a seat, opposite of the parents.

“So what do you boys gotta say for yourself?” Mr Tuan started, looking straight at the rivals which cause Jackson’s mind to jumbled up, trying to find a way to explain everything wherelse Mark was ready, he knows that his parents won’t jump to conclusion, not at least before listening to his explanation.

“I can explain, dad. It’s my fault.” Mark exclaimed out, surprising Jackson with his words before Mrs Tuan ask her son to continue on.

Mark started out the explanation with how his was alone while showering when the power dies until to the part where they decided to sleep together so that he could accompany Jackson.

The parents nodded, glad to hear that the boys are alright and how the power is back on since they could turn on the lights and other appliances just fine when they got home earlier.

“Since everything is clear now, can I excuse myself?” Jackson tried to excused himself since his stomach is growling. he needs some food this instant.

“Wait, we got something to talk to you guys about.” Mr Wang exclaimed, pausing his son’s action of getting up which caused Jackson to pout before seating himself down back again.

“I know, you guys might disagree with us on this but we already agree on the fact that you boys will be married off to each other.” Mrs Wang dropped the bomb, earning nods from her husband and the Tuan pair while Mark just froze in shock at the news while Jackson thinks that they are joking causing him to burst out laughing at the news.

“Good one, Ma. It’s super funny.” Jackson commented, laughing away but slowly stop when he realized neither of their parents were laughing at it.

“Gaga, we are serious. The wedding will take place next week.” Mrs Wang said, looking her son who instantly started to freak out at the news.

“What? No! I’m not gonna marry him. This is crazy.” Jackson shouted out in disbelief before he turn to look at the quiet other beside him, getting annoyed at how his rival aren’t say anything.

“Aren’t you going to say anything? Say something!” Jackson barked at the older who only look at him in return, not knowing what to say.

“Why can’t you marry Yi En? He isn’t lacking in any way.” Mr Wang questioned, not liking at how his son acting so rude in front of the Tuan family.

“It’s because I don’t love him. I can’t marry someone that I don’t love.” Jackson answered back, instantly crushing Mark’s heart into a million pieces, he really didn’t need to hear that to know that he means nothing to the younger.

“Gaga! What are you saying in front of Yi En and his parents?” Mrs Wang scolded, knowing that her friends and their son weren’t probably feeling good after hearing her son said that.

“I’m sorry, Mommy and Daddy but I can’t love Yi En.” Jackson apologized, knowing that he was too much as he got up, bowing to the pair in respect before walking away, straight to his room.

“We are so sorry about Ka Yee.” Mr Wang apologized again causing the Tuan pair to just smile understandingly before they turn to look at their hurt Yi En, even if their son didn’t express himself well to them as parents, they know enough that Ka Yee holds an important place in his heart since young.

They really feel sorry that their son had to hear that coming out so harshly from Ka Yee’s mouth.

“I think Ka Yee is right, we shouldn’t force this on them. I know we promised that we will married our child off to each other but their happiness is the important thing right now.” Mrs Tuan said as she hugged  the teary Mrs Wang who probably feel guilty over her son’s piecing words to the sweetheart who were literally forcing a smile on his face as he look at the parents.

The fathers looked at Mark who keep on smiling as he approached the hugging mothers before taking them into his embrace, still putting on a strong front for them so that they weren’t be worry about him.

“I’m so sorry, sweetheart.” Mrs Wang whispered which cause Mark to whispered back ‘it’s okay’ as he hugged Mrs Wang tightly once more.

“I will be back.” Mark announced to the parents after he pulled away before zooming upstairs, he had enough of Jackson Wang being a jerk, he don’t mind if he's the one that were hurt but seeing his beloved auntie and mom in tears, he won’t have any of that anymore.

Mark didn’t even knock on the door, he just barge in angrily on Jackson who were seated on the edge of his bed, busy nibbling on the crackers that he had accidentally found stashed away in his drawer.

“What do you want? Don’t you know how to knock now?” Jackson asked, staring at Mark whose weirdly giving out a deadly vibe that he never experienced before.

Mark stared back at Jackson before slowly approaching the lost younger after he had slammed the door behind him.

He grabbed the packet of cracker out of Jackson’s hold, putting it aside before pulling the younger up by his collar, their eyes meet on the same level which caused chills to run down Jackson’s spine again.

“We are getting married.” Mark exclaimed, his tone getting deeper with each word which scared Jackson to no end, he quickly pushed Mark’s hand off his collar, trying to process what is happening right now.

“Says who?” Jackson hissed back, still trying to put a strong front as he rolled his eyes at the pissed looking older who were literally glaring holes into him.

“Me.” Mark replied which caused Jackson to laugh dryly in disbelief at what he just heard from Mark Tuan.

“Shameless, aren’t you? I’m not interested in you.” Jackson snickered at Mark who just mask the hurt with a smirk, the younger must had thought that his the only one with sass around here.

“Do I look like I’m interested in you? I’m only doing this for our parents because let’s face it, I have far better options than you.” Mark said with a smirk before walking out of the room, leaving Jackson Wang with a mental breakdown.

“You stupid statue!” Jackson shouted in anger, throwing his cushion at the door that just close upon Mark’s exit while the older holds back his tears, he can’t cry especially not when their parents will see.

 

A/N: Hello! Since I'm sick, I decided to just update today so you guys won't be left hanging for long. For those who guessed Bambam and Jinyoung, you are wrong but i will drop a obvious hint *2jae* so I'm sure you guys will know who is it ;)
 

Also I didn't reply to comments because I can't really focus much without typing typo so forgive me but I did read every comments. Thank you so much and keep commenting on this chapter, I can't wait to hear your opininons on it. I will reply the next time :)

BIG THANKS TO Lenfexion, Baozi_Lover99, illover,exoticsinspirits, PutriLoveHae, momo_Jinyoung, foxxfang756, Bethie21, joeelteon, fishie4ever, EXOBoys15, Gdae_Woo, roserosa, KPopGeisha, SilverLemon, Mei_Miharu, andrea2313, KashfiaZamanEXOLOVER and thyrami246 FOR SUBSCRIBING!

<3 InfinitelyCassie