Chapter 10

Yours? Mine? Heart?

Chapter 10

Upon unlocking the door, Mark enter the apartment before looking for Jackson, expecting the younger to be home but he didn’t spot him anywhere so he put down the takeaway he had bought on the way home for their dinner on the dining table before heading for their room.

As he got closer, he instantly spotted Jackson curled up into a ball on their bed, face hidden by a pillow.

“Ka Yee.” Mark called out softly, seating himself down in front of the younger,wondering what happened to the usually cheerful Jackson Wang.

Hearing that familiar voice, Jackson slowly lifted up his head to look at the person he was supposed to hate the most but right now he was not even in the mood to hate anyone, he was too tired for that.

“What are you doing here, alone?” Mark asked, getting worried at seeing how lifeless the other look since he never see Jackson in this state for quite sometime since the big fight he had with a used to be best friend in high school.

“Sorry, I will leave now.” Jackson apologized, misunderstanding that the older didn't like him being in his space before he got up from the bed lazily and was about to walk away but a hand grabbed onto his right wrist which stopped him.

“Is this about Youngji?” Mark asked, turning the younger to face him who by now had gotten up and standing behind him.

Jackson feels numb upon hearing that name, he couldn't understand why the person that he likes could use him like that without even feeling guilty.

“I know how much you like her and I would had prefer not partnering up with her but..." Mark tried to reasoned while Jackson just stare at him before letting out a heavy sigh.

“It doesn't matter anymore, she will never like me anyway.” Jackson exclaimed, looking down at the floor while trying to avoid meeting those sad eyes whose staring at him in pity.

Mark didn't know what to say, he was never really good at comforting people with words so instead he just pulled the younger into his embrace

Jackson didn't know what overcome him but the moment he felt the warmthness surrounding him, tears that he has been holding back spilled out like rain which shocked Mark who could only hold the younger even tighter.

For the first time, Jackson Wang was glad that he had his rival by his side, even if he didn’t say anything to comfort him like everyone else does, this hug was just right for him to feel comforted and secured.

“You must be hungry, let’s go and eat.” Mark whispered into the younger’s ear once he sensed Jackson calmed down abit which earn a short nod from the younger who let himself being dragged by Mark to the dining table.

Seeing how Jackson seems to be zoning off, Mark took it upon himself to feed the zombify younger who was shocked by the sudden feeding but accept it nonetheless, he was too tired of crying to even reject the care.

As he stare at Mark’s beautiful face, Jackson starts to wonder where did their friendship went wrong before, they used to by each other side a lot but now he wouldn’t spare the other a look like before.

Mark used to be Jackson’s everything but seeing how he’s always compared and overshadowed by the older, he slowly learnt how to hate and expressed his annoyance towards the older.

Jackson knows it’s a stupid reason to hate someone because of that but try being in his shoe for once, it isn’t a good thing to always place second in everything he does, always a second option to everyone.

The younger sighed once more as he watches that smile, smiling at him while scolding himself for being such a jerk to someone that obviously care for him, a lot.

+++++++++++++

“Where is JB?” Jackson asked, seeing how the older wasn’t appearing from the usual direction while Yugyeom just rolled his eyes at the forgetful older.

“Didn’t he tell us earlier during lunch that he had extra lesson today so we should head home first.” Yugyeom remind which caused Jackson to nod, totally forget about that since his mind still clouded by the whole Youngji incident.

“Oh, Mark hyung have practice today, I’m gonna go and watch.” Yugyeom exclaimed, suddenly reminded of the older before running off towards Mark’s usual practice room while Jackson could only sighed and run after the excited younger.

Upon arriving, Yugyeom’s smile dropped instantly at seeing who's practicing with his Mark hyung and to make it worse, they were all alone in the room, laughing.

Jackson who noticed the expression changed, carefully took a peek from behind the taller younger before his heart dropped at the sight, they were having fun, laughing while practicing the dance part together.

As he was listening in on Youngji’s boring jokes out of courtesy, his eyes spotted the two figures standing by the entrance which instantly caused him to wave happily at them, glad someone is finally here to save him from the shameless flirting.

“Mark hyung!” Yugyeom exclaimed excitedly, returning the wave before zooming off towards Mark’s direction while Jackson just stood still, feeling awkwardly out of place especially after seeing how Youngji just rolled her eyes at him and Yugyeom for intruding her time alone with Mark Tuan.

“Ka Yee, come in.” Mark called out in mandarin, smiling which cause Jackson to awkwardly return the smile before approaching the older, still isn’t use to being called like that in public.

“I thought you two isn’t close, rival if I’m right?” Youngji asked, lost at the fact that the two appeared to be friendly with each other and not like how Jackson claimed before.

Jackson feel like smacking at how Youngji can shamelessly used his words against him when she slyly used him to get here, as Mark’s partner for this performance.

Mark just smile before entangling his hand with Jackson, surprising the younger who only stare at him lost while he just ruffled his hair.

They hold hands for a bit before Youngji urged Mark to continue their practice while the two watches by the side and after about three hours, their practices ended.

The duo watched the pair talked for a bit, probably discussing something before Youngji approached Jackson who wasn’t expecting it at all while Mark dragged Yugyeom out of the practice room, sensing that they need some personal space.

“Truthfully Jackson, I know you like me but I can’t return your feelings so I hope you will stop following me around. I don’t want to make Mark feel uncomfortable having you around.” Youngji started, sounding calm as ever while Jackson just smirked at the absubilty that he just heard.

“You know I like you and yet you used me to get to him? How are you even human, Youngji?” Jackson snicked at the goddess who only smiked in return.

“Did I ask you to? You were the one whose crazily in love with me and agreed to it. While I'm still asking nicely, leave me alone. Mark said earlier that he doesn’t like having you around either.” Youngji warned, rolling her eyes at the annoying Jackson in front of her before exiting the room after grabbing her backpack.

Jackson sighed at the heaviness in his heart before he slowly headed towards the carpark where he guess the other two were waiting and he was right, Mark was busy chatting with Yugyeom when he approached.

“So, did she talk to you?” Mark asked, smiling as he refer to Youngi thanking the younger since he had reminded the goddess earlier to thanked his Mandu for being such a good teacher for her.

Like usual Jackson misunderstand his words again, thinking what that Youngji told him earlier where the truth since it was kinda truth that Mark Tuan was too nice for his own good.

“I heard her clearly, don’t worry.” Jackson answered which cause Mark to nod, feeling glad that at least his hard work was recognized by the goddess without realizing that the nod just angered the younger even more.

“Let’s just go, I’m taking the backseat.” Jackson announced, suppressing all of his anger before plopping his body in the vehicle.

+++++++++++++

“Youngji, aren’t you having lunch with your friends today?” Mark asked nicely, the moment the goddess settled herself beside him while masking his annoyance with a smile.

“It’s fine I like eating with you.” Youngji replied brightly, ignoring the fact that Jackson Wang was staring their way from a few tables away.

Mark just sighed, instantly losing his appetite at the person beside him who's obviously ignoring all his signs of uninterestedness towards her and it didn’t help that the younger is watching them at all.

Honestly, he didn’t like the fact that Youngji has been tagging along at every opportunity she gets since they partnered up by using their chemistry as an excuse, it just tired him out each day and the glares that he was getting from Jackson isn’t much help either.

Meanwhile over at the trio’s table, Jaebum could see the pure anger in his best friend’s eyes watching the ‘couple’, which he had no knowledge of  why they end up  being together at all.

“Why is Youngji always with Mark these days?” Jaebum whispered over to Yugyeom who clearly wasn’t too happy about that sight either.

“They got partnered up for some performance, it seems to hit him hard.” Yugyeom replied, whispering it over to the oldest while looking Jackson’s way when he mentioned ‘him’.

Jaebum nodded, finally understanding why Jackson seems to be moody and out of it the past few days while blaming himself at being so late at catching up with the whole situation thanks to him busy preparing for his graduation performance.

Jackson had enough of the pair, he shouldn’t seat here like some pathetic loser like how he has been for the last three days, exactly how long since his last ‘talk’ with Youngji or Mark.

Since that day, he tried his best not to bumped into the pair nor communicate much with the statue and he didn’t understand why he did that but somehow he starting to think that just maybe, nobody ever really like him and they only fangirls over him because he is one of the college ‘prince’.

Sighing, he just got up and excused himself before heading for his favourite spot at the rooftop, leaving Jaebum and Yugyeom worried about him.

Even Mark had noticed the depressed Mandu which caused him to quickly excused himself from the female beside him and trailed after the younger.

A smile appears on his face when he saw the other heading to their usual spot but it immediately disappeared when he felt someone cling onto his right arm.

“What are you doing here?” Mark asked before pulling his arm out of her hold which earn Jackson’s attention, causing him to turn and look at the couple at the bottom of the flight of stairs he currently climbing.

“Where are you going? Can I tag along?” Youngi asked, smiling while ignoring the clear annoyance in the other’s voice.

“No, can y,,,” Mark’s words were cut when Youngji suddenly close the distance between them and planted her lips on his, shocking him to no end.

Jackson couldn’t believe his eyes at what he just witness while Youngji just smirked mentally, knowing that this will keep that annoying Jackson Wang away, once and for all since she clearly had notice how Mark was trailing after that annoyance earlier.

“I know Mark, it must be hard for you to love me when your bestfriend is in love with me. I know why you rejected me but please, don’t do this to me.” Youngji exclaimed sadly when she pulled away, staring at the frozen Mark while Jackson immediately zoomed off, he don’t need to see anymore than this to know that he wasn’t anyone option anyway.

Mark was beyond speechless, it was amazing how creative the female in front of him can be without even trying when in reality he didn’t even know she existed, not until he heard Jackson rambling about her on the rooftop.

“Youngji, I don’t know what you are expecting from me but we are purely performing partners now, nothing more or less.  In fact I already got someone so I hope you can stop invading my space from now on and one advice, don’t  chase after a guy this desperately because it will just make you less attractive than you already is.” Mark said, smirking at the clearly offended female before walking off to his next class, totally forgetting about Jackson.

+++++++++++++

“Can you please tell me what’s in your mind right now? You have been super cranky since after lunch today.” Jaebum sighed in annoyance, couldn’t figure the unusually quiet figure in front of him now while Yugyeom nodded along, understanding their oldest pain.

Jackson let out a heavy sigh, he knows that his behaviour has been all over the place today especially after what he witnessed at the stairs, he just feel so mad and betrayed by the statue that he can’t even express it properly.

As he thought hard about Mark Tuan, he suddenly got a crazy idea at how to mess with the statue and finding out who's the person he likes so Jackson could stop thinking about it, it’s driving him crazy at guessing who it’s.

The duo shared a look when they noticed the slight smirk on Jackson’s face so suddenly, wondering what’s going through their best friend’s mind.

“Guys, you are interested to know who Mark Tuan likes, right?” Jackson suddenly exclaimed, all excited at his crazy plan which caused Jaebum to mentally groaned while Yugyeom stared at him, lost.

“What do you have in mind, Jacks? Please don’t suggest something stupid.” Jaebum questioned, honestly he kinda of have a feel at who's the person in Mark Tuan’s heart but he wasn’t sure, it’s still a question mark for him.

“Don’t worry, all you need to do it’s to confess to him, JB.” Jackson dropped his idea causing the oldest to dropped the burger in his hold while Yugyeom choke on his cola that he was sipping.

“WHAT? Are you crazy?” Jaebum asked, clearly shocked by the absurdity of everything while wondering what caused the other to come up with this crazy plan.

“Chill, it’s not like he's gonna accept you anyway. He will just reject you like the others and then maybe you can used that chance to try and dig out information about why he is rejecting every confession.  Aren’t you curious to find out?” Jackson explained which cause Yugyeom to immediately shake his head in disapproval while Jaebum aren’t really big on the idea.

“That’s mean, hyung. It’s like you purposely playing with his feelings.” Yugyeom sighed, knowing that it probably wasn’t easy for Mark to reject and break hope every single day even though he doesn't show it.

“What should we care? He reject them everyday like nobody's business anyway. “ Jackson replied, annoyed at how protective Yugyeom can be when it comes to Mark Tuan.

“Whatever, I don’t want to be apart of this.” Yugyeom sighed before stuffing the fries into his mouth, clearly given up talking sense into his stubborn hyung.

“Fine, your choice. What about you, JB? Aren’t you curious about him? Didn’t you said before that it would be great if we can figure him out?” Jackson persuaded after rolling his eyes at the youngest, he needs Jaebum to work this plan out.

At this point, Jaebum didn’t know what to choose but his curiosity is clearly winning him over so at the end, he hesitantly nodded at Jackson which caused Yugyeom to groaned in disbelief.

“Seriously, JB hyung? I am out of here.” Yugyeom exclaimed in disappointment before gathering his stuffs and exiting the fast food joint they are having dinner at.

Jaebum facepalmed himself, wondering if he pick the right decision to help Jackson but at the same time disappoint his Yug.

+++++++++++++

Mark was chilling on the couch, flipping through the channels since he was bored, being left alone again after Youngjae left a few minutes ago.

He like it a lot better when the younger was around earlier, chatting with him as they enjoyed pizza for dinner, at least he didn’t feel too lonely especially with at how Jackson been avoiding since the whole partnering thing with Youngji.

The sound of jingling keys was heard which cause him to smile at the sound, knowing that his Mandu is back as he look at the door, waiting for the younger to appear.

“Hey!” Mark greeted, smiling when he sees Jackson while the younger just nodded lazily at his greeting before walking straight for his room after closing and locking their main door.

Mark let out a sigh before trying to focus on the television again, ignoring the stabbing pain again and soon he could hear clear beeping from his phone, signaling a text.

From: Unknown.

Hey, it’s Jaebum. Can I meet you tomorrow at Yours Cafe, noon?

The older was clearly surprised by the sudden text, sensing something different which caused him to quickly text Yugyeom after replying Jaebum with a short ‘ sure, see you’.

As he waited for Yugyeom’s reply, he stayed seated on the couch until Jackson reappeared out from his room, all freshen up for the night as he head for the kitchen.

He quickly got up before trailing after the younger who had stopped in front of the fridge for a drink.

“Ka Yee, Jaebum just texted me.” Mark exclaimed, purposely bringing the text up to read the other reaction since he clearly sensing something iffy.

“So?” Jackson asked back, acting totally uninterested as he slowly glupped down on the bottle of cold water while Mark just stare at him while trying to read the other rather nonchalant expression.
“Goodnight.” Jackson wished lazily, ignoring the pair of eyes before walking past the older but he was track was halted when Mark grabbed onto his wrist.

“Why are you avoiding me? Is this about Youngji again?” Mark asked, turning to look at the younger who only stare ahead, not even sparing him a glance.

“I’m not and like I said before, it’s impossible between us. She already make it so clear to me.” Jackson snicked, pulling his wrist out of the older’s hold.

“I’m sorry.” Mark apologized, feeling bad for the rejected younger but Jackson totally misunderstand him again, thinking that his apologizing over him and Youngji being together.

“Why should you be sorry? I was the one stupid enough to believe you.” Jackson hissed in annoyance before stomping off, leaving the lost older behind.

“What is he talking about?” Mark muttered to himself, not understanding what younger meant before his thoughts were disrupted by his ringing phone, Yugyeom’s number flashing on the screen.

“Hopefully Yug had some info at what’s going on.” Mark muttered hopefully to himself, letting out a quick sigh before answering the call.

+++++++++++++

Mark watches as people passed by the cafe through the glass window from where he was seated, waiting for Im Jaebum’s arrival with his stupid ‘confession’.

Thanks to the call last night, he managed to persuaded Yugyeom into telling him at what’s going on especially after receiving this invite and the younger had hesitantly told him everything about Jackson’s crazy idea.

From how Yugyeom told him yesterday, he got the vibe that Jackson was trying to mess with him but for what reason he wasn’t sure, his only best guess was that Jackson might witness that stupid ‘accident’ with Youngji since he was at the staircase.

If that was the case, what Jackson said last night totally made sense and it’s totally the younger’s style to get back at him like this, hurting him indirectly.

“Hey!” Jaebum’s voice was heard, pulling Mark out of his thoughts before he greeted back and ask the other to take a seat.

“So, why did you call me out here?” Mark asked after they ordered their drinks, looking at the unsure other who's just fiddling with his phone nervously.

“Would you believe me if I say I like you?” Jaebum asked after debating for a while, looking at the other who only smiled at his words.

“Of course, I will date you.” Mark replied, smiling sweetly at Jaebum before moving closer to him, taking the immobilized Jaebum’s hand into his.

“Wait!” Jaebum shouted, pulling his hand out of the other hold before trying to find the right words to say causing Mark to chuckled at the freaked out other.

“You know following Jackson’s plan is never a good idea.” Mark exclaimed which cause Jaebum to sighed in relief, knowing for a fact that Mark Tuan was just joking about accepting him.

“How di..” Jaebum was about to ask how did the other know but immediately stopped when he remembers a certain fanboy that had been against this from the start.

“Did he tell you why he come up with this plan?” Mark asked after a pause of silence while Jaebum nodded since he was sipping his drink.

“It seems like he really wanna find out who's that special one in your heart until you rejected every confession.” Jaebum said which caused Mark to smile, Jackson has always been a curious cat.

“But I feel like I know who is that special someone…” Jaebum added before looking at the wedding ring on Mark’s ring finger which cause Mark to smile shyly, he was glad that he didn’t had to say anything.

“It doesn’t matter, Jaebum. It has been years but he still didn’t realized my feelings for him.” Mark said, smiling sadly has he stare at the ice chocolate in his hold.

“You know how dumb he can be, he just need a push. Don’t give up just yet.” Jaebum said, encouraging the poor soul that had spend years hated by his stupid best friend who still too dumb to see who the one that really treasured and loved him.

Mark just chuckled at Jaebum calling his Mandu, dumb before nodding at the other encouraging words, he was glad that Jaebum is this understanding towards him.

“Had you ever tried making him jealous? If he reacts to you, I’m pretty sure he had some feelings locked up in there.” Jaebum asked, knowing that Jackson has always been the jealous type so for him to react to someone, it means that person means something to him.

“I don’t think he will get jealous over me with someone.” Mark exclaimed, don’t really see that as a possible reaction from Jackson.

“Great, find someone and see how it goes. No harm in trying.” Jaebum suggested, already predicting the reaction coming from his best friend while Mark thinks hard, he don’t have anyone to help him but then suddenly an idea pops up.

“You know how about we turn the tables around, let’s see how he handle it?” Mark suggested, smirking which cause Jaebum to stare at him. lost.

Mark leaned closer and share his plan with Jaebum causing him to almost choke on his drinks while trying to make sure did he heard the right thing from Mark.

“Don’t worry, you won’t help me for free. I will set you up on a date in return.” Mark assured, seeing how Jaebum had doubts upon listening to his plan.

“A date?” Jaebum asked, totally wasn’t expecting that before Mark showed him a picture on his phone screen, that someone he can’t forget from that night.

“Do we have a deal?” Mark asked, smiling where he saw how smitten the other is just by staring at the picture of his baby brother.

“Deal!” Jaebum agreed almost instantly, there’s no way he gonna reject that wonderful offer.

“Good, let’s get the plan moving.” Mark said which earned a nod from Jaebum before he pulled out  his phone to text their target.

Meanwhile back at the apartment, Jackson and Yugyeom was busy eating cup ramen in between their fierce gaming session when suddenly his phone beeped, signalling a text which caused Jackson to quickly check while Yugyeom just watches.

From:JB

He accepted my confession and we decided to date. You are ok with it right?

Without warning the cup ramen in his hold instantly dropped, the hot soup spilled all over his pyjamas pants while Yugyeom freaked out, instantly jolting up to help the older.

After wiping the older clean as well as he can, Yugyeom took the device out of the immobilized Jackson’s hold and read the text.

“What th…” Yugyeom exclaimed in shocked, turning to look at Jackson who's just staring at him with the disbelief  look on his face.

 

A/N: Hello! How did you all like this chapter? Expected the turn of events? :) Next chapter will be full of Jelly Wang so keep a look out and don't forget to share with me your thoughts on this chapter :)

BIG THANKS TO aag1418, julsym, Ai_Fang90, fluffyending, Pandacafe, TheCrazy15, missmila99, Yoonhope, yuumimaxx, luzandwoo, BaoziOppasGirl, bae-less, BeccaELF, ByunTae36, Chun07195, chikzjoy, tayzia, wookielove, wangmandus, rzevski, VeryBerrySteph, koreabookitty, NoizHuang, Choi_Aya05, Violetta221, zakiyah_, Joker_hyphen, FlowerNeko, gyulps, Nhossain5778, MalGaRa, xmisscrayonx, YoeSoo, BlackSecret, huomionhakuinen, DiaNadia, whitetigersrock, KpopOwnsMyLife, Blincket,  ema_roll, ksyook, Suga_bear, maximumzelo, SeokSass, frog4life, Lolosky, Breluvskpop, Heartlessblue, seeeesienna, wryhun, CuteGalXD, jennaxfizzy, Lika_lion, RabbitQueen, squishy_marshmallow, kbossg, Smolribbon, KashfiaZamanEXOLOVER, Valentine0, Envyit, prankster207, lwtyng, PororoDuizhang, _SugoiSenpai_, infinitesujubtr2, xSUGAR, May143, JillBTS, supior, yoonchim, ledaemon, Janine01, lyminki, jonnexd, EvynG890, daecaff, Red_Panda, RedxDragon, LTakumi, LoveDance, Mousehousehouse, carrot_19, tx2rksy, JongKeyTaoRisIlJae, Ifhtyb, jaebumie & aiendy FOR SUBSCRIBING!<3

<3 InfinitelyCassie