Chapter 7

Yours? Mine? Heart?

Chapter 7

Mark stare at the back view of the younger whose right now at the reception desk, busy checking them out from the resort.

He smile to himself, feeling better than ever since he had spent the last few hours in Jackson’s arms.

It did surprise him at first when the other suddenly pulled him into his embrace but he was glad that deep down somewhere in his heart, his Mandu still does care for him.

“It’s done, we will just need to wait for the cab. They already called one for us.” Jackson informed as he appeared in front of Mark which earn a nod from the smiling older.

The couple just stand there awkwardly, watching people passing by until Mark heard that familiar voice again.

“Markie!” Penial called out, waving to his best friend before jogging over to the pair which cause Jackson to rolled his eyes at the appearance of the other.

“Penial, what are you doing here? Didn’t your shift started?” Mark asked, surprised to see his best friend since he was suppose to be working, that’s why he just text the other goodbye earlier.

“It’s fine. I took a tiny break to say bye to you.” Penial answered before pulling his buddy into a tight hug, surprising Mark but he returned the hug nonetheless.

“By the way, I got you this.” Penial said, passing a small wooden keychain to Mark who couldn’t help but to smile at seeing at how their nickname were engraved there.

Markie + Poo = FOREVER

“I know, it’s kinda lame but…” Penial trailed off, grinning sheepishly before showing off his own keychain with the same engraving which cause Mark to chuckled at the other cuteness.

“Thank you, Poo.” Mark teased, hugging the other once again while Penial just blushed at the embarrassing nickname of his that they had agreed to only call him in private.

Jackson just glare at the fluffy exchange in front of him, almost gagging at the the names engraved on the keychain.

“Stupid.” Jackson muttered under his breath, glaring holes at the dude that still didn’t let go of his rival and it didn’t help when Mark Tuan is too happy about it.

“Sir, your cab had arrived.” Another staff appeared, informing Jackson which caused the younger to said ‘thank you’ before grabbing their luggages off the floor.

“I need to go now, take care and call me if you are in Seoul. We should totally hang out again.” Mark said, knowing that he needs to go which cause Penial to nod before he lean in to whispered something.

“If you need any love advice, call me. I’m not Doctor Love for nothing.” Penial whispered, teasing his best friend who instantly blushed before Mark smacked his arm, sticking his tongue out at him.

“Let’s go, Yi En.” Jackson exclaimed, couldn’t stand the two any longer before he grabbed Mark’s hand and dragged the older off towards their cab.

Meanwhile Penial just smirked to himself, clearly knowing that Jackson is jealous of them and he think he does enough to get him alert on how desired his best friend is.

During the whole ride to the airport, Mark keep taking glances at the younger who seems somehow annoyed but he didn’t question anything especially at how the younger still had his hand entangled with his own.

He smile to himself, liking the skinship even though he didn’t understand the meaning of it where else Jackson’s mind is too wrapped up at the thought of who is dude exactly to his rival for them to exchanged such item with that kind of engraving.

By the time they reached the airport, Jackson could feel his stomach growling since he didn’t managed to finish breakfast and he skip lunch earlier because he was too busy comforting his rival.

“Are you hungry? Mark asked when he heard the low growling, knowing that the other skipped lunch and breakfast because of him.

Jackson just nodded because he wasn’t in the mood to talk, scared that he will get irritated out of nowhere at the older.

“Let’s go and grabbed something to eat, we still got sometime before boarding.” Mark suggested after checking the time before he dragged the hungry younger to a cafe at the airport.

“Ice chocolate, ham and cheese sandwich, right?” Mark asked after they taken a seat, eyes busy scanning the menu for Jackson.

Still amazed at how Mark Tuan knows everything so well, Jackson nodded which cause to older to give him a smile before joining the queue at the counter that’s quite long, packed with students, families and couples.

Jackson could clearly notice at how the female population surrounding them were obviously ogling his rival the moment he step into the queue, with the mix of them squealing and giggling everywhere, it was kinda hard not to notice.

When it was finally Mark’s turn to order, Jackson was positive that the cashier was flirting with him especially with how she keep flipping her hair.

It amazed him at how his rival managed to survive that excessive flirting when he finally returned with a tray of cold drinks and a sandwich.

“Here you go.” Mark said, passing the sandwich before sipping on his own smoothie, smiling at the younger whose clearly enjoying it.

“You aren’t eating?” Jackson asked when he noticed, feeling a bit awkward at the fact that his stuffing his face, alone with a sandwich.

“Mine isn’t readied yet, they were deliver it later.” Mark answered while Jackson not thinking too much of it, just nodded.

“Here you go, handsome.” The cashier from earlier appeared, smiling seductively at Mark who just receive his own sandwich awkwardly, while Jackson almost choke at that awkward flirting.

“Thank you.” Mark thanked, praying hard that she would just walked away but instead she slipped a piece paper into his hand, give him a wink before walking away.

Mark just slipped the paper into his pocket, knowing clearly it’s gonna be another phone number that he isn’t interested in like usual.

Jackson just watch at how Mark can calmly eat after that awful encounter, he makes him wonder if this stupid statue have to deal with this all the time including those eyes that’s watching him right now.

If he wasn’t too caught up with his own sandwich, Jackson would had notice earlier at how the other still in the center of attention no matter what he does, it must be tiring.

Jackson’s thoughts were suddenly disrupted by a plate of apple pie being put in front of them by a waiter, causing them to share a look before looking at the waiter, lost.

“We didn’t order this.” Jackson exclaimed which caused Mark to nod before another figure appeared, pulling a nearby chair before joining the pair at the table.

“I got this for you, oppa.” The female said, smiling sweetly at Mark who clearly didn’t like this, it was one of the thing he hates most.

The waiter walked away while Jackson just scoffed at how shameless the female was to called a man that’s clearly way younger than her, ‘oppa’ in public like this.

“I’m very sorry but I can’t accept this.” Mark replied politely, pushing the plate to the lady who seems to be in her late thirties.

“Don’t be like that, if you feel bad then let’s exchange number to be fair.” The lady suggested which caused Mark to said ‘sorry’ before showing his wedding ring, he was glad that now he have this to keep the ladies away.

“It’s fine, it will be more thrilling…” She purred which cause Jackson to mentally scream at how shameless she can be, he quietly find something in his pocket before slipped it on.

Mark just stayed quiet, clearly stumped by the older daring approach towards him which he never experienced before.

“I’m sorry but we are busy.” Jackson apologized, faking a smile at the lady before purposely grabbing hold of Mark’s hand in front of her, the matching rings shining clearly in her view.

He smirked when he saw that shocked expression before dragging the amazed Mark away from the cafe after he grabbed their luggages, drinks and his rival’s half eaten sandwich.

They somehow ended up at a waiting area as Mark quietly continue enjoying his sandwich while Jackson seated beside him, playing with his ring out of boredom, still trying to get used to it.

He had took off the ring the moment they arrived in Jeju because the ring feel so foreign on his finger and he didn’t see the need to wear it when the wedding means nothing but now since they are heading back, he needs to slips it back on.

“Thanks.” Mark thanked, feeling grateful and happy that Jackson stepped in or he didn’t know how to deal with her.

“It’s fine, she was a pain anyway.” Jackson replied, not looking at the older while Mark just smile before his eyes trailed on the ring on Jackson’s finger, he didn’t see it on the other all these while but to see it now, it makes him feel the marriage is more real now.

“It looks good on you.” Mark exclaimed, pointing at the ring while Jackson just secretly smile as he look elsewhere, maybe wearing this isn’t that bad at all.

+++++++++++++

“Aren’t we suppose to go home?” Mark asked after they alighted from the cab in front of some fancy looking apartment building.

“This is our home.” Jackson replied without realizing what he said as he was too caught up trying to make sure he got the right address.

“Ours? Mark teased, smiling at the fact how natural it sounded coming from the younger’s mouth.

“You will see.” Jackson exclaimed, clearly flustered after realizing what he said before quickly walking away with their luggages causing Mark to chuckled before trailing after him.

Soon they were in front of apartment 5A, located on the fifth floor before Jackson pressed the bell and soon after the door opened to reveal a very excited Mrs Wang.

“My babies are back.” Mrs Wang exclaimed, signalling the pair to come in before greeting them with a tight hug each.

Mrs Tuan and the dads soon joined in, welcoming the pair with hugs before they make their way to the living room, settling down on the couch to chat.

“How was the honeymoon, boys?” Mrs Tuan asked, the pair who somehow were seated together which caused them to exchange glances before turning to smile at their parents.

“It was great, Mom. We had fun, right?” Mark answered, looking at the younger who clearly got the message which caused him to nod along.

“That’s good. We were worry for nothing.” Mrs Wang exclaimed happily while the other three elders nodded to her words, relief that things were alright.

“Don’t worry, Ma. We are working things out, right Ka Yee?” Mark assured, taking Jackson’s hand in his which caught the younger by surprise but he still nodded nonetheless, their parents are watching.

“Why don’t you boys go and get some rest? We will chat more during dinner.” Mr Wang suggested. seeing at how the pair seem tired especially his son in law.

The pair nodded which caused the moms to lead them to their shared bedroom, showing the room that they had personally decorated for the newly wedded.

“Sweetheart, I know that this might be overwhelming for you but your Pa and me had gotten you boys this apartment as a wedding gift. I hope you boys like it, we work hard in decorating this room.” Mrs Wang said, directing her words towards Mark who clearly didn’t had any knowledge about this apartment beforehand.

“Thank you.” Mark said, feeling totally grateful towards the two ladies before he pulled his own mom and mother in law into a hug while Jackson unknowingly smile, seeing the happiness on both mom’s face.

“Well, we will leave you boys to rest now.” Mrs Tuan exclaimed after they pulled away from the hug, smiling at the pair before they exited the room together.

“You know about this?” Mark asked once the door closes, turning to looking at the younger whose busy by now searching his luggages for fresh set of clothes.

“The call yesterday, she told me not to tell you.” Jackson answered, not looking at the older who just smile at the other’s answer before back hugging the younger who instantly froze at the contact.

“Thanks.” Mark said, whispering before letting go of the younger and instantly walking away, mentally scolding himself for randomly hugging the now shocked younger.

“You know they aren’t watching now, you don’t have to try too hard.” Jackson exclaimed, turning to look at him once he recovered from his heart thumping too hard from that sudden contact..

Mark just smiled at the other before making his way into the bathroom, knowing well what he do or said it’s all real, it wasn’t just an act to pleased their parents

Meanwhile Jackson just plopped on to the bed before throwing his body backwards to lie on the bed, trying to decipher what that smile mean because if Mark Tuan keeps on acting like this he will have problem functioning properly soon.

By the time Mark was done with his shower, he was greeted by the sight of younger sprawled out on their bed beside his luggage and fast asleep.

Smiling at the cute sight, he quickly dried his hair before repositioning the younger into a more comfortable position.

Once he had slowly put their stuffs away, he rested himself beside the snoring younger and admire the sleeping cutie's face.

Mark wonder if there will ever be a day that he will hate this angelic face in front of him, he had been loving Jackson for far too long that he gotten immune to the pain which isn't good, he knows that but what can he do when it has always been Ka Yee for him and nobody else.

Sighing at his pathetic state, he decided to throw the thoughts aside and settle for a nap has he entangled his hand with the younger, falling asleep facing Jackson.

+++++++++++++

“I will go and get the boys.” Mrs Tuan announced once the table was done setting, earning a nod from Mrs Wang who when ahead to get the dads who's watching some movies in the living room.

“Boys!” Mrs Tuan called out, knocking softly on the newly wedded bedroom door but there was no response, she tried a few more times but failed.

Worrying about the boys, she tried turning the doorknob and luckily it wasn’t lock and she was greeted with a beautiful sight, both fast asleep with hand entangled together and facing each other.
Taking in the wonderful sight, she almost hesitate at wakening the boys up but decided it’s better for them to fill up their stomach before sleeping again.

“Yi En!” Mrs Tuan called out, nudging her son since knowing that the older was more of a light sleeper than Ka Yee, it was easier to wake her son up.

Mark jolted up awake when he felt the nudge, he was greeted with his mom’s face who was just smiling at him.

“Mom, is something wrong?” Mark asked, quickly getting up into a seating position while his mother just shook her head.

“No, it’s just dinner is ready.  Eat first then get more rest.” Mrs Tuan answered, ruffling her son’s hair before walking towards the door with a smile.

“Don’t forget to wake Ka Yee up!” Mrs Tuan remind before exiting the room while Mark turned to look at how Jackson is still fast asleep, snuggled beside him like a baby.

“Ka Yee..” Mark whispered into the younger’s ear, poking his cheeks a few times before the younger finally stirred up, opening his eyes slowly to be greeted by a smiling older.

Jackson immediately jolted up, staring at the older who just looking at him with amusement before he looked around, realizing that they just sleep on the same bed.

“Hey, it’s dinner time. Let’s go.” Mark informed, jumping out of the bed before urging the younger to follow suit which Jackson absentmindedly agreed since he still trying to process what just happened.

“Boys, come and take a seat.” Mrs Wang called out once she saw the boys appearing from their room, the pair hesitantly took a seat by each other since it was the only two spot available anyway.

“So are you boys ready to return back tomorrow to college as a couple?” Mr Wang asked, bring up the topic since the atmosphere around the table was too quiet after they started eating.

They shared a look with each other, clearly forgotten the fact that tomorrow they will return back to college and hide this marriage from everyone but of course they can’t said that to the parents so they just nodded instead.

“I pretty sure that your fangirls will cry if they found out about this, Yi En. You are just so popular.” Mrs Wang commented, knowing pretty well that her son in law is the dream guy in college with the help of her Ka Yee nagging every time someone pick Yi En over him. 

“No, Ma. Ka Yee is more popular than me, the girls like his bright and sweet personality.” Mark rejected humbly since he honestly didn’t think that he is any better nor popular than Jackson, it just so happened that the girls the younger ended up liking, like him instead.

“That’s so sweet of you, Yi En. Now Ka Yee, you don’t have to complain about nobody liking you because you have Yi En. I bet they are gonna be jealous of you.” Mrs Wang teased, directing the last part to her son who's pouting while Mark just chuckled, it tickle his heart to find out that the younger even complain to his mother about that.

“He was always so upset over how popular you are, he whine and complain to me everyday.” Mrs Wang informed, which caused Mark and the three elders to chuckled more while Jackson just groaned in embarrassment, give it to his mother to embarrassed him in front of his rival.
“Ma, you don’t have to tell everyone that.” Jackson whined while Mrs Wang chuckled at her poor son before muttering a quick ‘sorry’.

“Well, let’s talk about something else before our Ka Yee burst from all the embarrassment.” Mr Tuan exclaimed, seeing how bright red his son in law is which earned nods from the other including his son.

“Right, we forget to tell you boys that we thought of stay here for the next few days so that we can help with you guys settling into this new apartment, what do you boys think?” Mr Wang exclaimed, remembering what he discussed earlier with the others since they want to make sure things stabilize better the boys before leaving them alone.

Honestly Mark didn’t mind the company but seeing at how Jackson’s expression dropped at those words, he knows that the younger clearly prefered to be out of their parents sights so he don’t have to keep on acting comfortable around him.

“I don’t really mind but we will be busy with practices so we both will be back late on most days, it will be boring for Ma to wait for us everyday.” Mark exclaimed, trying to make up an excuse since he knows how his mother in law hates being alone and will be the only one home since the dads and his Mom works.

“Its fine, sweetheart. I can occupied my time with getting this place set up, you boys don’t have to worry and practice well.” Mrs Wang waved it off, knowing that Mark is making up an excuse to help her son whose face clearly turned sour after hearing that suggestion.

Mark could clearly hear Jackson sighed beside him before stuffing more noodles into his mouth while he could only nod and smile, it seems like his mother in law wouldn’t budge no matter whatever excuses he gonna throw at her.

The rest of dinner continued with more chattering from the parents while the pair just listening in on them and throw in comments every once in a while.

After dinner, Mrs Tuan had suggested for the boys to continue their rest since she notice at how awkward things at been for pair since the suggestion on them staying over being brought up.

Truthfully, they all know that Yi En is putting in a lot of effort in making this marriage work and they only acted that things between them got better in front of them while behind them, her son is probably having a hard time but she admired at how her Yi En works hard to get noticed by the person that he loves even if the person is in pure denial now. 

That’s why they decided to stayed over, just so that they could oversee the whole situation with the boys before finally leaving them alone once they are sure they will be fine.

The moment they step back into their room, Mark wasn’t sure about the sleeping arrangement since Jackson has just been keeping quiet since just now, he turned to look at the younger who seems to be lost in his own thoughts as he seated at the edge of their bed.

“I’m sorry.” Mark blurted out, not even sure what he is apologizing for while Jackson turned to look at him for a bit before shaking his head.

“What are you even sorry for?” Jackson sighed, not understand his rival at times like this.

“I don’t know, for everything.” Mark answered, plopping himself down not far from the younger who just sigh at his answer.

“You know a jerk like me don’t deserve your sorry, right?” Jackson commented, suddenly find it ridiculous at how his rival is the one always apologizing when he the one that always hurting him in a way or another just like what happened back at the resort, the image of crying Mark still taunting him.

Mark was taken aback by the younger’s words before he smile to himself, turning to look at the other and ruffled his hair which caused Jackson’s heart to thump again at the contact.

“If you are really a jerk than you wouldn’t spent hours comforting me, stupid.” Mark exclaimed, smiling as he gets up to grabbed a pillow before positioning himself on the floor, knowing that Jackson wouldn’t want to share the bed but his action were stopped by a hand grabbing his wrist.

“What are you doing?” Jackson asked, lost upon seeing how the older planned to sleep on the floor since the air is quite chilly tonight.

“Sleep.” Mark pointed out, wandering if he did anything wrong because he clearly can’t sleep anywhere else except for the floor other than their bed.

“Just sleep here with me tonight, I don’t want you to complain about having a sore body, tomorrow.” Jackson said, letting go of the wrist before patting the space beside him while looking elsewhere.

“Thanks, Ka Yee.” Mark thanked, grinning to himself before he settled himself beside the younger who also lied down with his back facing the older.

It didn’t take long before they drifted back to dreamland, unknowingly both with a smile on their face.

 

A/N: Hi! How did you guys like this chapter, more markson like promised. Don't forget to share with me your thoughts on it.

BIG THANKS TO Budda17, candycane23049, CheesecakePops, MyPicForYou, Fatoom1267, 1095ad, Morimork, Mishani, SakuraLinus, HeySandraaaa, m-unicorn, kingac5, Markson95, Dollis, adfg1234, BunnyTina, RecklesslyFree, lyllyl22 and SUESHI  FOR SUBSCRIBING!<3

InfinitelyCassie