Chapter 6

Yours? Mine? Heart?

Chapter 6

 

Mark smile as he makes his way back the room, feeling a whole lot better after the short chat with Penial before he had return back to work.

He had found out through the chat that Penial as worked here at this resort since he got back from the States last year, taking a break from to college to pick up some working experience instead.

They didn't managed to catch up much but Penial had promised that they will hang out the moment he is done with his shift, which is gonna be around dinner time.

Mark unlock the door to the suite, all excited at the thought of hanging out that he didn't realize the younger that was seated on their bed, staring at him.

“Jackson.” Mark exclaimed when he finally realized the eyes on him since he expecting the younger still by the beach with the ladies.

The younger only rolled his eyes at him before looking back at the television, pressing randomly on the remote to find a channel.

Mark who could sense that Jackson isn't in the mood for anything like always when it comes to him, walk straight to the sofa and plopped himself down there.

Not knowing what to do, Mark just laid his body comfortably on the sofa before turning on his playlist again, decided to just catch some sleep with the help of music.

It didn't take long before Jackson could hear faint snores coming from the sofa which cause him to get up and check.

Seeing how peacefully Mark is sleeping, he decided to carry the older bridal style to their bed and positioning him comfortably before slipping in beside his rival and falling asleep.

The couple were fast asleep with Mark somehow end up in Jackson's arms again when their doorbell buzzed which stir up the older first as he quickly jumped out of bed to answer the door.

“Yes.” Mark answered, smiling politely at what seems like a staff, standing there with a small box.

“A special delivery for Mark Tuan.” The staff announced, smiling back in response while Mark just raised his eyebrows in curiosity because he didn't order anything.

“Yes, I'm Mark Tuan.” Mark answered nonetheless which caused the staff to nod as she passed the small box to him and walked off.

He slowly closed the door before heading back to the bed with the box in his hold and a fully awake Jackson Wang staring at him and the box.

Mark tries to ignore the piercing stares and when ahead to open the box once he puts it down on the table.

The older smile in pure delight the moment he was greeted with the sight of two slices of chocolate cheesecake and a folded note at the side.

Hey Markie! My shift got extended for a bit more so as you wait for me, please enjoy this. I know, it's your favourite :)

The note reads which caused Mark to grinned at his best friend's sweetness while Jackson feel like literally wiping the smile of his rival's face, it annoyed him so much.

He smirked as an idea pops up as he swiftly got up, approached the other and yanked the note out of Mark's hold.

“How sweet! Is he the reason why you rejected everyone?” Jackson mocked after reading that disgustingly sweet note before smirking at the speechless older.

“Why do you care?” Mark muttered under his breath at the annoying younger before he grabbed the note out of Jackson's hold and keep it his pocket.

He certainly got a certain Jackson Wang annoyed which caused him to childishly plopped himself beside Mark on the sofa before digging in on the cake.

Jackson purposely pick up a piece and enjoyed it in front of Mark, just to mess with him but instead the older just smirked before he move closer to the younger and grab his arm to feed him.

“Delicious!” Mark purposely exclaimed, smirking as Jackson froze up, trying to register what just happened.

“Aren't you gonna feed me more, Gaga?” Mark teased, his mouth moving closer to the cake causing the younger to freak out, jumping out of the seat as he drop the leftover piece in the process.

Thanks to Mark's quick reflect, he managed to save the cake before it hits the floor and enjoyed it again as he watch the obviously freaking out younger, mumbling to himself on their bed.

After that, silence engulfed the room as Mark continue eating while Jackson continue his staring game once he calm down, hands fiddling with his phone.

It wasn’t until the older realize it was already dinner time and seeing at how his best friend is still not done with his shift, Mark decided to ask Jackson out for dinner at the hall.

“Do you wanna head for dinner?’ Mark asked as he cleared up the cake box that he was done eating a few minutes ago.

Jackson just ignored that offer, pulling the blanket over him as he is clearly mad and annoyed at his rival.

Mark sighed at the childish behavior, knowing Jackson probably sulking over the cake thing.

Suddenly Mark's phone rang, Peniel's number flashing on his screen which cause him to smile as he picked up.

“Hey! You done?" Mark asked, excited to catch up more with his best friend.

Jackson. rolled his eyes at the excited tone, he never sound that happy around him.

“Hey, I'm done. I'm waiting for you at the walkway beside the gift shop, the one that lead to your suite.” Penial answered as his eyes scanned around for any soft toys that Mark would like.

"Got it, I will meet you there.” Mark answered, ending the call before quickly grabbing his wallet, ready to leave.

He took one last glance at the sulking Jackson under the blanket before exiting , the younger probably wanted to be left alone anyway.

The moment Mark closes the door, Jackson popped up from under the blanket with full of curiosity, he decided to trailed after the older just to feed his curiosity.

“Markie!” Penial called out when he notice the said person appearing by the gift shop, signaling for him to come inside.

“Here you go, I got this for you.” Penial said as he passed the newly paid dolphin plushie keychain to his best friend who immediately fall in love with it.

“Yours is red and mine is blue, that way we are a pair.” Penial commented, showing his own dolphin to the other who nodded, clearly happy about the little gift.

“Thank you, I love it.” Mark thanked as his eyes twinkled, his love for soft toys never fade away all this year.

“Well someone obviously too happy about a freaking dolphin.” Jackson commented mentally, rolling his eyes at the clear scene of the statue twinkling eyes.

“No problem, have you eaten?” Penial asked, glad that his best friend loved his little reuniting gift.

Mark shook his head which cause the other to nod before he dragged Mark to the balcony area of the dining hall that usually reserved for vips or events.

Jackson tried to follow into the balcony but it will be too obvious so he decided to seat himself at the table nearest to the pair, back facing them and luckily he still can hear in on them, faintly.

“Are you sure we can eat here?” Mark asked unsure even if he knows Penial is a staff here.

“Don't worry, my brother in law owned this resort and I already asked his permission." Penial assured as they took a seat, checking the menu before ordering to a waiter that happens to be a good friend of Penial.

“I will be back with the orders, you guys chill out for now.” Sungjae exclaimed, giving them a thumbs up before walking away with their order.

“So how about you? College?" Penial asked, picking up from the conversation earlier, curious about his buddy.

“I'm currently a senior at Seoul college of arts, performing major. It's tough but fun.” Mark answered as he sipped on the cold water that was prepared for them by Sungjae earlier.

“Awesome, you have always been 'flying' around since high school anyway.” Penial exclaimed, earning a nod from the other as he remembered at how he got interested in martial art after watching a dozen of martial art movies with his dad.

“How is your family? I didn't even know your sister got married.” Mark asked, wondering how the Shin family is doing since he had remember them as such a sweet family during his often visit over to their house back then.

“My parents are good, they still back in the States. My sister moved back here because of this resort, she's helping her husband out so I tagged along. She got married back in the States three years ago, that's why you wasn't aware.” Penial explained, earning a nod from Mark before their food arrived, cutting their conversation short as they started enjoying the seafood dishes that's being served.

While eating Penial can't help but noticed the ring on Mark's ring finger, it looks significant.

“So you come here alone?” Penial tried asking, obviously curious about the ring at this point.

The moment Jackson heard that question, he smirked as he sees it as an opportunity to mess with Mark, time to spoil the dinner date.

Mark hesitate, wondering if he should tell the truth or just lied since the younger did make it clear yesterday that he didn't want anyone to know about them.

“He came here with me.” A voice suddenly replied as the best friends heads to turn towards the source which cause Mark to raise his eyebrows in confusion while Penial just stare, recognizing the guy from earlier by the beach.

“Can I join you guys?” Jackson asked, smiling at the pair which cause Mark to internally sigh since it was obvious that the younger were only here to mess with him.

“Sure.” Penial answered hesitant, he wasn’t sure who is this person but he definitely got his buddy super distracted at this point.

Mark continue to stare in silence while enjoying his dinner after Penial called for Sungjae to serve another serving for Jackson.

“You are? Jackson asked, breaking the awkward silence that has been surrounding them for the past ten minutes since he joined them.

“You don't need to answer him, Penial.” Mark exclaimed, glaring at the younger who obviously wanted to mess with his best friend now, asking about him and all.

Penial could clearly sense the tension between the two upon Mark’s words, he wondered if the person seated in between them is connected to the ring.

The whole dinner went by in silence after that and by the time they were done, Mark couldn’t wait to get Jackson out of their space, he needs some breather away from the annoying younger.

“Can you go now? I want some time alone with him.” Mark requested as nicely as possible while Penial just watch how Jackson’s expression turn more sour upon the request.

“Stupid!” Jackson muttered angrily before walking off, super pissed at the rude older who dare to chase him away in front of that dude.

Penial stare at his best friend who sighing in relief before smiling to himself, somehow getting a gist at what their relationship is after seeing that guy's reaction when he is being chased away by Mark.

“Who is he, Markie?" Penial asked, his eyes looking at the ring which caused Mark to follow suit before he sighed at what the other meant.

Knowing that it’s no use hiding from his best friend, Mark shared about how he ended up married to guy that he claimed him as his rival.

“Are you sure he don't like you? He looked pretty jealous earlier.” Penial questioned, finding it weird since Mark did claimed that the so called Jackson hates him to the core but he sees jealousy clearly in the said person eyes instead.

“Nonsense, he is probably pissed that I'm having a good time, that's all.“ Mark waved off his best friend words since he knows better than anyone that there is no way Jackson is jealous of him and Penial.

Penial nodded, knowing that his best friend won't buy his words so he decided to plan something, to prove his words.

“You wanna hangout at my room after this? I got a gaming console plugged in so we can play all night.” Penial suggested, knowing for sure that if Jackson cares about Mark, he will somehow show up at his door tonight.

Mark thought for a bit before deciding to just have some fun since it useless to return back to the suite anyway, Jackson just gonna continue sulking and ignoring him.

Hours passed by, Jackson getting restless as he flipped through the channels since the statue is still isn’t back from his dinner date with that dude.

As he couldn’t stand his own curiosity any longer, he step out of their suite before retracing the track back to the dining hall area to only see it’s empty, it was already close for the day.

Sighing, the younger is getting annoyed at how that freaking statue is playing the missing game again like before, he look around trying to spot Mark Tuan but end up spotting the waiter that served them earlier.

“Excuse me?” Jackson approached, instantly getting the staff’s attention on him with a big smile.

“Yes.”  Sungjae answered, wondering why the man that had dinner with Penial and his best friend earlier is looking so distressed.

“Do you by any chance know where did the two from earlier goes?” Jackson asked, trying his luck since he did overhear about this waitress being a friend or something of that dude with Mark.

“Yes, they went back to Penial’s room.” Sungjae answered, not thinking much of it since he expecting this man here to be related to Penial or his friend since they did had dinner together after all.

Knowing clearly that Penial is that dude, Jackson had asked the waiter for his room number before he headed there, straight.

Without a second thought, he knocked harshly on the door which cause the two friends whose busy gaming to exchange looks with each other, wondering who's at the door this late.

“Let me go and check.” Penial exclaimed, getting up from the couch while Mark nodded as he watches his friend headed for the door.

When Penial swings the door open, he wasn't that all surprise to see Jackson staring at him, clearly judging him. 

“Where is Mark?” Jackson asked calmly, trying to act cool in front of this annoying dude who has been monopolizing the freaking statue’s attention since noon, today.  

“Markie!” Penial called out, smiling as he heard footsteps approaching him from behind.
 
“Yes” Mark answered, popping out from behind Penial before he was greeted with an unamused younger.

“Jackson, why are you here?” Mark questioned, wondering how did the younger even got here since he clearly didn’t know his best friend’s room number.
 
“I need to talk to you.” Jackson stated, he didn’t know why but he just didn’t like the idea of his rival spending his time in this dude’s room.
 
“I’m busy right now, can't it wait for later?” Mark questioned since he already promised Penial to hang out and gamed tonight, it will be unfair to leave now.

“No, it's need to be now.” Jackson answered, right hand reaching out to grab Mark’s arms and pull the older towards him.  

‘“I’m sorry, Penial but I think I need to go.” Mark apologized causing Penial to nod before he ruffled his friend’s hair with a sweet smile. 

“Don't worry, Markie. I will see you tomorrow. Good night.” Penial wished, confirming his suspicion of Jackson’s jealousy after witnessing everything, this guy just didn’t want to admit his feeling for his best friend.

Mark whispers back a ‘good night’ while Jackson watched the whole exchange in annoyance before dragging the older away.

“What is it that you need to talk about so urgently?” Mark asked, the moment he took a seat at the edge of the bed, looking at the Jackson who grabbing a bottle of water from the bar fridge before settling on the sofa.

Jackson just smirked as he took a gulp, amused at the fact that he managed to disturb the pair and dragged the statue back to their room.

Seeing the obvious smirk, Mark facepalmed himself as he realized that it was just a lie to get him back here, to mess with him again.

“What is wrong with you? Why can’t you just leave me alone?” Mark hissed, totally irritated at this point by Jackson’s childish ways and behaviours.

“You should ask yourself, you were the one that force this marriage on me.” Jackson replied, wasn’t too happy at the way Mark was questioning him, it was his fault to start with anyway.

“You know what, forget it. I’m out of here.” Mark exclaimed, knowing it useless since he gonna get blamed again, anyways as he got up and headed for the door.

“How wonderful! You wanna return back to your lover I see? Your fangirls will be heartbroken if they knows this.” Jackson snickered as he got up and approached the older who by now already turned to look at the ridiculous younger.

Mark smiled in amusement at the fact that the younger thought Penial is his lover, how imaginative can his Mandu be.

“I wonder how the whole college will react if they found out the reason why you rejected every confession. I’m sure it will be interesting, I can’t wait to share with them especially your fanclub.” Jackson taunted, trying to wipe the amused expression off the older’s face but he failed.

Now, Mark wasn’t scared of Jackson spreading rumors about him, not at all but he don’t like to deal with an angry mob from his fanclub, it was something he didn’t want to go through because truthfully, those girls are scary when they want to be.

With the scary image in mind, Mark tried to find a way to stop Jackson from babbling out things that’s isn’t even true.

“Go ahead, do that and I will…” Mark started and he was cut by Jackson’s dry laughs before he stare at the older, like as if he is challenging him.

“What? You wanna tell them about our marriage, go ahead. Nobody gonna believe you.” Jackson exclaimed confidently, knowing that the freaking statue will use that against him but oh boy, he was dead wrong.

“That wouldn’t be fun, wouldn’t it? Since you are so obsessed over me rejecting everyone, why don’t I accept Youngji this time round? She seems like a good catch.” Mark threatened, knowing that he probably shouldn’t do that but he needs something to stop this idiot from babbling nonsense to everyone.

“You wouldn’t dare?” Jackson exclaimed in shocked, clearly didn’t expect that from Mark Tuan.

“Try me.” Mark answered smirking, almost challenging back before he decided to head straight for the bathroom to clean up before bed since he isn’t in the mood for anymore gaming or hanging out.

Jackson got a mental breakdown, he clearly underestimate Mark Tuan all these while because that statue is clearly something else behind that sweet smile.

+++++++++++++

Mark grinned in delight, wondering what he should have for breakfast as he look at the variety of choices down the buffet table.

He ended up taking bits and pieces of his favourite, pailed on a plate before he headed for a table by the glass window  where he could enjoy the scenery outside.

The older had left to enjoy his last breakfast here alone after his shower, still annoyed by the younger who was still snoozing when he left about ten minutes ago.

After his threatening yesterday, Jackson had just ignored him when he step out of  the bathroom and headed for the bed straight.

He know that he shouldn’t used the younger’s crush to threaten him but it just annoyed him so much at how Jackson always assume things when it comes to him.

While he was eating silently, a familiar voice pulled him out of his thoughts of Jackson and he turned to be greeted with the sight of Penial, waving at him.
 
He instantly returned that wave, smiling at his best friend when his eyes caught Jackson standing not far from Penial, staring at him with almost disappointed eyes.

Mark shake off that guilty feeling when he realize Penial approaching, while Jackson continued staring like as if he was watching them.

“Morning Markie! I’m gonna go and grab a plate first, alright?” Penial greeted before informing his best friend, knowing that  Mark is probably distracted by Jackson since he had bumped into the other earlier on the way here.

Mark nodded, smiling to his best friend before the other walked off towards the buffet table for his breakfast and soon he saw Jackson walking passed his table, heading for the same buffet table.

He silently watches the younger picked out randomly, pailing his plate before he walked away and take a seat at a table not far from Mark’s.

Jackson just ignored the older’s eyes on him, he was upset over the fact that Mark didn’t asked him along for breakfast that he had to wake up late and rushes here straight because his tummy was growling.

“How did everything go yesterday? Are you alright?” Penial asked, taking a seat beside his buddy who instantly turned his attention back to him and nodded.

“Aren’t you working today?” Mark asked instead, changing topic since he wasn’t in the mood to discuss about yesterday nor Jackson.

“Noon shift so I got some time to spare, you are checking out, today right?” Penial replied, getting the vibe that Mark didn’t want last night topic to be discussed.

“Yes, probably around two since the flight is at four.” Mark nodded as he continue eating, chewing the bacon slowly as he feel a pair of eyes on them.

Penial nodded before his eyes caught on the resort infamous french toast on Mark’s plate, it was so well loved that if you are late for the breakfast buffet, there won’t be none left.

“Do you want this?” Mark asked, amused when he notice the other staring at his toast with twinkling eyes, almost too cute.

“Can I have a bite, please?” Penial asked with puppy eyes, knowing that Mark can’t reject his cuteness.

Mark chuckled, nodding before he cut a big piece and feed it to the cheering Penial and it somehow remind him of an excited child who's excited over candy.

“Thank you, Markie. I had always wanted to try this but they are always the first to clear out on the table.” Penial exclaimed, excited over a toast while Mark just continue to laugh, feeding more to his childish friend.

Jackson who's watching everything, instantly feel like his appetite drops  and his stomach was making weird flips so he decided to just exit, he can’t watch the pair any longer or he will be sick.

While busy feeding Penial, Mark noticed from the corner of his eyes that the younger was leaving and started to worry since Jackson doesn’t look good.

“You know, maybe you should check on him. Pack some breakfast with you.” Penial suggested when he noticed that Mark’s eyes never leave the other, clearly worried about him.

Mark turned to look at Penial, questioning himself if he was too much for using Youngji yesterday and got Jackson upset or depressed today.

“Let’s eat, quickly. I will asked a friend of mine to pack for you some food.” Penial urged, smiling encouragingly at the grateful Mark who could only whispered a soft ‘thank you’.

+++++++++++++

When Mark opened their suite door, he was expecting to see Jackson somewhere in the room but  nope, there were no sign of the younger.

He let out a small sigh before closing the door, heading straight to the coffee table to put down the packed breakfast he had brought along for Jackson.

When he was about to take a seat, he heard the door opened which got him excited but then he heard a familiar voice.

“Hasty, aren’t yo..?” A female said, sounding amused before she was cut, only a certain sound echoing the room which got Mark curious as he slowly walked towards the voice source.

What he was greeted with got Mark rooted to the ground, too shocked by the view of Jackson making out at the entrance with one of the ladies that he hanged out with by the beach.

The two were too busy making out to notice Mark until Jackson’s eyes caught the other staring at them with pure hurt in his eyes.

“Jackson, why did you stop?” The female asked, annoyed before she caught on at the fact that they weren’t alone in the room.

“Minyoung, you should leave.” Jackson exclaimed in hurry, opening the door before rushing the female out and closing the door on her before she could even react to the whole thing.

He slowly approach the quiet Mark, guilt clear on his face while he mentally scolded himself for doing something out of his norm, he don’t even know why he agreed on Minyoung’s suggestion in the first place when they bumped into each other earlier at the lobby area, he just taking a breather after exiting the dining hall.

“I’m sorry.” Jackson blurted out, not knowing why he is even apologizing  to his rival but he feel super guilty for even doing something stupid like that.

Mark didn’t know how to react, he was supposed not to be interested in the younger but he's pretty sure that his expression is displaying something else, opposite of uninterested.

“Hey, say something…” Jackson urged, going crazy when he didn’t get any reply from the other while Mark just walked away, settling himself down on the sofa.

“What should I say? Aren’t we just tied by a paper, that’s what you said.” Mark asked, coming out more like a whisper but Jackson could hear it perfectly well.

Jackson just stare at the figure sitting there quietly, eyes on the floor before he notice tears dropping, wetting Mark’s jeans.

He didn’t know what’s wrong with him at this very moment  but he unconsciously found himself  settled down beside his rival before pulling the older into his embrace which immediately caused Mark to sobbed harder onto his chest.

With Mark Tuan in his embrace, he finally understand to as why he reacted this way now because as weird as this might sound he, Jackson Wang can’t stand his rival’s tears.

Growing up together, he didn’t really see Mark cry  often but when he actually does, Jackson immediately turn into a mess as he try his best to wipe those tears off him, forgetting about every single ounce of hatred he had towards the other.

It is weird but seeing how Mark Tuan used to have a special place in his heart, Jackson kinda of learn to accept that effect the other has on him.

Silence engulfed them as Mark stayed in Jackson’s embrace while the younger said nothing, rubbing soothing circles on the older’s back.

It wasn’t a moment that neither expected but clearly what both needed, especially Jackson.

 

A/N: Hey! How did you guys enjoy this so far? More markson will be coming in the next chapter so keep on reading and please share with me your thoughts :)

BIG THANKS TO MyPicForYou, eunhae1234567890, nakiio, miuraL, Mautjezwik, sab_kee,  dood624, Dawne_S, jayuuh, Ayyden, frostieexoxo, queenrocket, ilubbu, Atalante, ExoKLover,0Alicia0, Tata_HDZ, zandria, Happ1ness, yuuki123kami, givemeahug, LetsFlyExoNuEst, Someawesomeperson, JungkookiesWife and Amyho26  FOR SUBSCRIBING!

<3 InfinitelyCassie