Chapter 1

Yours? Mine? Heart?

 

Chapter 1

"Jackson, what are you doing here?" Youngji aka one of the college goddess asked, smiling sweetly at the nervous male in front of her.

"Do you want to join me for lunch?" Jackson nervously asked in returned, praying hard she won't say no to him.

"Of course, let's go," Youngji nodded, more than happy to accept the college prince invite before they both awkwardly walked towards the cafeteria.

It has been a week of them having lunch together and they still never failed to garner the attention of the entire student body the moment they walked in.

Are they official now?
What? No? My Jackson oppa...
Forget it, they look perfect together...

Jackson secretly grinned upon hearing those words, liking it way too much while Youngji seems to be oblivious to the murmuring surrounding them.

The pair took a seat at Jackson's usual spot with their lunch, not a single word exchanged as they started eating.

"So Youngji, you wanna hang out this weekend? Maybe a movie?" Jackson asked, trying to sound as casual as possible as he broke the comfortable silence surrounding them.

"Hmm.." Youngji hummed, probably thinking about her weekend plans before sadly shaking her head.

"Sorry, I already made plans with my friends." Youngji apologized causing Jackson to nod, trying his best to hide his disappointment.

The silent returns again as they continued eating with Jackson staring at his three months old crush every now and then before they heard the ladies in the cafeteria squealed in delight, Jackson instantly rolled his eyes.

"Prince Mark." The ladies swooned as they watches Mark Tuan aka Prince Charming walked through the cafeteria, heading for the snack store including Youngji who Jackson caught staring at his freaking rival.

Even until now, Jackson couldn't understand how that statue earned a prince 'title' even without being part of the Princes lead by him who in charge of the the student body here at Seoul College Of Arts.

Like his best friend Jaebum always said, he properly earned it because he is the top student in the whole college, nobody could beat the meaning of perfection which is Mark Tuan.

Including him who had always been the second in everything, thanks to that freaking statue who doesn't even talk like a normal human.

"Jackson, are you alright?" Youngji's voice was heard, pulling him out of his internally complaining as he eyed at the statue seated a few tables away from them, clearly enjoying his sandwich.

"I'm fine." Jackson replied, smiling at Youngji before stuffing his face with his pasta, that stupid really just ruins his appetite.

"Can I ask a favour from you?" Youngji suddenly asked, instantly getting a nod from Jackson before he waits for the beauty in front of him to continue.

"Can you introduce me to Mark? I heard you guys are childhood friends." Youngji requested causing Jackson to doubt his hearing, did his crush just ask to be introduce to his rival.

"Can you say it again?" Jackson asked, just trying to make sure he heard the wrong words before because if it was true, he will just flipped this table.

"I like him, can you introduce Mark to me? I heard that you guys are close." Youngji rephrased her words causing Jackson to scoffed in disbelieve, did they look like close to her.

"First, no, I can't and second, we are not close at all. We are rival in case you didn't notice." Jackson hissed in annoyance, getting up from his seat before walking away, not even waiting for his crush's response.

While over at Prince Charming's table, Mark couldn’t help but to noticed a obviously pissed off Jackson Wang storming out of the cafeteria like an angry child.

"Rejected again?" Mark mumbled to himself, quickly finishing his sandwich before heading towards the rooftop, where he obviously found Jackson Wang complaining by himself.

"Aish!!! Stupid statue!!!! Why do they always like you instead?!! Huh!!! Why!!!! You are such a pain!!!!" Jackson shouted out, releasing all of his anger towards his rival without realizing that the said person was chilling behind the pillar where he clearly heard everything.

"Again? Those girls should really stop messing with him..." Mark mentally sighed, feeling bad for the other since it seems like most of them thought they are best of friends because of their parent's friendship but in reality, they can’t even be in the same room without Jackson trying to jump him and kill him.

+++++++++++++

"Chill Jacks...this isn't your first time being dumped anyway." Jaebum commented, trying to calm down his enraged best friend who has been rambling about Mark Tuan non stop this whole ride back home.

"You don't understand JB, I really like her. I had been crushing on her so badly for the past three months and finally had the courage to ask her out." Jackson sighed, feeling annoyed at the fact that none of his best friends could understand the pain of his own crush liking his rival including Yugyeom who was secretly chuckling at his misery in the back seat.

"Yug, don't be mean." Jaebum scolded, seeing at how Jackson glaring holes through the mirror at the younger in the backseat.

Yugyeom pouted, whispering a soft sorry to the second year student who only huffed in disbelief, what does he expect from a Mark Tuan fanboy.

"Whatever, why are you even my best friend again? You such a fanboy." Jackson exclaimed sadly, lowering his head in disappointment which caused the senior beside him to internally groaned, glaring at the freshman to do something before he kills him because nobody wants to deal with a depressed Jackson Wang.

"Jackson hyung, don't say that. You mean a lot to me, it's just that I like him a bit more than you." Yugyeom quickly blurt out after receiving those threatening glares from Jaebum. 

"Thanks, I feel a whole lot better." Jackson answered sarcastically, rolling his eyes at the younger before putting on his headphone, he doesn't want to deal with that fanboy for now.

Yugyeom stares, totally clueless as to why Jackson seems offended by his words because it's true, he like Jackson but he just like Mark a bit more because he just seems so interesting to watch or observe.

"Nice going, genius." Jaebum exclaimed sarcastically, he starting to question why did he end up hanging out with these dramatic and clueless idiots again because he feel like he needs to find new best friends.

The rest of the ride was literally quiet until Jaebum dropped Jackson off first since he and the youngest live not far from each other, only soft goodbyes were exchanged between them, Yugyeom still ignored by the sulking Jackson.

Jackson make his way into the house, ready to plopped himself on the sofa when he was greeted with the sight of his Pa happily chatting with Mr Tuan in the living room, he internally groaned when he realized the person comfortably seated opposite of the elders, there it was Mark Tuan luxuriously reading a book in his favourite black single seater sofa.

"Welcome home, Gaga." Mrs Wang greeted her son with a hug as she emerged from the kitchen direction with Mrs Tuan, probably working on dinner together.

Being the well mannered person he is, Jackson quickly greeted the Tuan couple politely after his parents even though he hated their precious son to the core.

"What are you doing here?" Jackson questioned as he took a seat not far from Mark, trying his best to refrained from murdering the older statue.

"Gaga, stop being so mean." Mrs Wang scolded her son upon hearing that question while the Tuan pair just smile, used to Jackson acting like that towards their son.

It's a known fact to the parents that their sons doesn't get along well together due to their extreme opposite personality.

"It's fine, Auntie. I don't really mind." Mark exclaimed, smiling over at Mrs Wang who once again smitten by the sweet boy.

"Why can't you be more like Yi En, Gaga? Let's trade son, dear." Mrs Wang teased, directing the last bit to her husband who instantly nodded at the idea.

"I would love to have Yi En as our son, we could use some peace around here." Mr Wang joined the teasing causing Jackson to pout, side glaring Mark before storming off like a five year old towards the stairs, up straight to his room.

The parents shared a laugh at the now sulking Jackson while Mark just smile, the younger look the cutest when he is sulking that's why everybody loves to , including Mark, himself.

Meanwhile in Jackson's room, he plopped himself on his bed before groaning at his sad fate of having a certain Mark Tuan exiting in his life.

"What is so good about him again? I'm way better than that stupid statue." He complained to nobody, beating the poor cushions surrounding him, venting his anger on the innocent object.

Now if people sees the state he is in, they would just think that he is being dramatic towards the whole Mark Tuan situation just like how Jaebum always called him but if you aren't Jackson Wang, you wouldn't understand how 
much of a pain that freaking statue is without even doing anything.

Truthfully, Jackson never really understand why everyone that ever laid their eyes on the older will instantly be infatuated by him because honestly, he had known that statue for almost all of his life due to their parent's friendship once again and he just find him annoying and overrated.

Even his own best friend, Yugyeom is totally infatuated by the older that probably didn't even know he existed, he always claimed at how Jackson failed to see how interesting, charming and mysterious Mark Tuan is which even got a nod of approval from the usually indifferent Jaebum.

Jackson sighed, burying his head under a pillow as he tried to stop thinking about that freaking statue for once before he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in." Jackson groaned out lazily, thinking that it's probably his Ma again, coming to nag him on washing up and coming down for dinner.

Surprisingly, it was Mark's head that popped in from behind the open door before he invited himself in with a mug in his hold.

"What are you doing here?" Jackson asked, rolling his eyes towards the smiling older who didn't say anything but instead, walk closer towards his bedside drawer and putting the mug on top of it before walking away.

"Drink up, it's your favourite." Mark exclaimed with his back facing Jackson, smiling to himself before he exited the room.

Jackson look over at the mug of iced chocolate without realizing that a smile spread on his face, it was indeed his favourite after all.

+++++++++++++

The two families were now having dinner, chatting away happily including Jackson who joined in on the dads conversation while the moms were having their own conversation too with Mark, listening in on everyone.

“Dear, didn’t we want to announce something to the boys?” Mr Wang suddenly exclaimed, remembering about the conversation that they shared earlier before the boys arrived back from college.

“Right! We got something to tell you, boys.” Mrs Wang nodded, sharing a look with Mrs Tuan before she turned to look at the two curious cats, staring at her while waiting for the announcement.

“We are going to Shanghai for a week, for a short vacation and we want Yi En to stayed here while we are away, you boys can keep each other company.” Mrs Tuan announced causing Jackson to choke on the chicken he was currently chewing while Mark just stares in surprise, his mind already wandering what are their parents up to.
“Gaga.” Mrs Wang exclaimed, quickly passing a glass of water to Jackson whose seated right beside her before rubbing his back, making sure Jackson is fine.

“B...ut..bu..t….bu..t…” Jackson tried to reason but gave up, knowing there is no way he can’t argue with this four elders especially when they already decided on something.

“When are you guys leaving?” Mark asked after seeing how the younger seated opposite of him sighed in defeat, it’s a known fact that their parent's words are rules for him and Jackson especially.

“We are leaving tomorrow, evening flight.” Mrs Wang answered excitedly before returning to her chat with Mrs Tuan while the two sons exchanged looks, it’s gonna be a long week ahead.

 

A/N: Hi! How did you guys enjoy the first chapter? As you might notice the relationship between them just from this chapter, it won't be as fluffy and as sweet as the previous stories. 

I will bring out more on the angsty part and I hope you guys will still look forward to it. 

Like always, don't forget to share with me your thoughts on the chapter :)

<3 InfinitelyCassie