First Confessions

First Love

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATED, READ THE LAST CHAP HOMIES

 

 

Chapter 25 - First Confessions


 

Panicking, I started yanking at it.

 

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“The door! It won’t open!”

 

What?”

 

This time, Baekhyun started yanking on it, in disbelief.

 

“Help!” I screeched, knocking at the door. It was windowless and the tiny lightbulb above us was flickering as if it was going to die out soon.

 

“Somebody!” I wailed, “anybody! I don’t want to be stuck here for a night with Byun Baekhyun!”

 

“Hey!”

As if it could get any worse, the lightbulb went out, engulfing us in complete darkness.

 

“Really?” I hollered, “ing really?”

 

I pounded on the door for a few more moments, but Baekhyun seemed to have given up.

 

“It’s no use, Myunghee,” he sighed, “it’s late, nobody’s left here.”

 

“We can’t just give up so early! Are you a quitter, Byun Baekhyun? People are gonna report you missing! People are gonna report me missing! That’s causing unnecessary trouble! Wait! Where’s your cellphone? We can call someone!”
 

“Left it in the biology room. You left yours there too, I presume?”

 

“Ugh! Yeah!”

 

He patted the space on the floor next to him. I could see a faint outline of his figure as my pupils dilated to adjust to the darkness.

 

“Quit your caterwauling. You won’t be leaving anytime soon. Come. Sit.”

 

My jaw dropped.

 

“You’re kidding.”

 

“Nope.”

 

“B-but I’m still pissed at you!”

 

“That’s okay.”

 

“What’s wrong with you?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

Nothing?”

 

Annoyed, he grabbed me by the arm and pulled me down next to him. We sat in silence before he started to laugh. He was acting so weird.

 

“What’s wrong with you? Why are you laughing?” I demanded.

 

“You,” he said, “you’re so funny!”

 

“What?”

 

“You got a 64% on the test, right?”

 

“Uh...yes?”

 

“Because of--of--”

 

“Of what, ?”

 

“Of me.”

 

I was speechless. How did he know?

 

“What?” I yelled, “you have no idea what you’re talking about!”

 

“Oh Myunghee, but I do. Now I know why you’ve been avoiding me! It was so simple, I couldn’t believe I didn’t think of it before!”

 

“What the are you saying?”

 

He grew quiet. In the darkness, his eyes found mine.

 

“You like me,” he whispered.

 

I rolled my eyes, “don’t be ridiculous--”

 

“The kiss,” he said, “at the hospital. Didn’t it feel real?”

 

“Well, it was a pretty vivid dream--”

 

“That’s because it was real. And you confessed. You said you liked me.”

 

What?”

 

“You talk in your sleep, Myunghee. God, you’re hilarious!”

 

I stared at him in a sort of numb stupefaction. He found all of this funny.

 

“Why did you date Gayoung if you knew you didn’t like her?”

 

“Because I couldn’t have you.”

 

If it was physically possible, my eyes widened even more.

 

"You like me now?”

 

“No.”

 

“No?”

 

“No, Myunghee,” he said, smiling, “I’ve liked you since I was six years old.”

 

I blinked. No. I must’ve been dreaming. This was all happening so fast.

 

“And you’re confessing now because?”

 

“Because I know for a fact that you like me.”

 

He was smiling ear to ear, like a child on Christmas morning. He was so happy, because of me.

 

“B-but I thought you hated me!”

 

He leaned in closer, until our noses were almost touching and all I could see were his eyes.

 

“No. Far from it.”

 

And then he sealed the distance between us and kissed me so tenderly it made me melt. I felt my eyelids flutter shut, and a soft sigh escaped my throat. I couldn’t believe it. I was kissing Byun Baekhyun. I was kissing Byun Baekhyun! But more importantly, Byun Baekhyun was kissing me.

 

It took all the willpower for me to break the kiss. I still had so many questions.

 

“If you liked me then why did you bully me?”

 

“I have a tendency to bully people I like. I think it was to get your attention.”

 

“Did you really like me since I was six?”

 

“Yup. From the moment I saw you.”

 

“But I was such an obnoxious child!”
 

“You’re still obnoxious.”

 

Excuse me?”

 

“But I like you, anyways. I mean, I can’t exactly help it.”

 

I felt a blush creep up my cheeks.

 

“Now it’s time for my questions,” he said.

 

“Oh god,” I muttered.

 

“When did you start liking me?”

 

 

“When did I start, or when did I realize?”

 

“Both.”

 

I took a deep breath. Wow, this was gonna be embarrassing.

 

“I started liking you since your second day of school in first grade and I realized it four weeks ago.”

 

He was incredulous.

 

“Seriously? It took you that long to realize?”

 

“I hated you. And for me, that’s probably when I started liking you. And I only realized that what I felt for you wasn’t pure hatred four weeks ago.”

 

Baekhyun face-palmed. I giggled nervously.

 

“It doesn’t matter now,” he said, “but I want to hear you say it.”

 

“Say what?”

 

“The words!”

 

“What words?”

 

“The three words!”

 

“What?”

 

“Say it! Say I like you!”

 

“Why? You already know it!”

 

“But I want to hear you say it to me while you're completely conscious of it.”

 

“You’re ridiculous. Are you five years old?”

 

“No, I’m 17. Say it.”

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

“Fine. Ilikeyou.”

 

It came out as an incoherent mutter.

 

“What? I couldn’t hear you.”

 

“Ilikeyou.”

 

“What did you say?”

 

“Ilikeyou!”

 

“What?”

 

“God in’ dammit, you ! I like you, you frog!”

 

He grinned widely, like he was the happiest boy in the world.

 

“I like you too, toilet seat.”


He kissed me again.

And again.

And again.

 

A/N: its been so long since i updated lmao im sorry!! ive just been so caught up w life n . but major fluff up in here woooooo feels r real. this story, as you can maybe tell, is almost over. like maybe 3 chaps left idk i have no clue how to end this but its almost done. i binge watched a kdrama and that helped me w writing this haha. its called madame antoine check it out its my !1!