First Roofie

First Love

Chapter 10 - First Rohypnol Incident

 

Of all the places I’ve imagined I’d accidentally meet Byun Baekhyun, a club was not one of them.

 

“Another shot of tequila, please!” I hollered.

 

My cousin Jung Kyu had gifted me with a fake ID on my sixteenth birthday. Of course, I never imagined that I’d actually use it, but here I was, at a club, ‘partying’.

 

I’ve tried everything I usually did to cope with despair. The only thing was that most of it involved Hana and sleepovers and watching korean dramas and critiquing them with her. When I did it alone, it all felt meaningless.

 

Therefore, I consulted Google; and Google recommended going to a club to dance away your worries.

 

“Here you go miss,” the bartender said, sliding me my drink.

 

I grunted in acknowledgement before downing it all in one go. This was my seventh shot, and it was then when I realized that I couldn’t hold liquor well. I began to feel dizzy and disoriented.

 

What are you doing? My subconscious questioned, You’re a mess!

 

I slid off of my chair unsteadily, slinging my purse over my shoulder. As soon as I exited the club and turned into an alleyway, I was ambushed by a group of teenage boys.

 

“Get her man! The roofie’s supposed to be working!’ Somebody shouted.

 

“W-what the ?” I slurred. I was seeing double.

 

“Oh yeah boys, we gonna get some tonight!” Another added.

 

My mind was abnormally sluggish. Roofie? What was that?

 

And then, it dawned on me. Roofie. Rohypnol. A common date drug.

 

“No!” I screeched, “ off you ually inept losers!”

 

“Ooh,” they jeered, “princess here has a mouth!”

 

I felt myself growing drowsier and drowsier, my vision clouding. I could vaguely feel them ripping at dress. I made a weak attempt at kicking one of them, but I ended up kicking the air.

 

“Oh no,” I thought, “this was it. I was gonna get . I was gonna get STDs and I was gonna get pregnant and have an abortion and up my uterus and I was gonna die and my life was gonna be over.”

 

Then, the boy who was pinning me down was torn off of me. I tried to focus my vision, but everything was too blurry. All I could see was that another boy was beating up the gang of boys.

 

A lot of them ran at the sight of him. His movements were quick and his strikes were precise. As he drew closer, I recognized that familiar mop of dark hair.

 

“Baekhyun, look out!”

 

A lone boy was behind him, brandishing a broken bottle. Baekhyun turned just in time, knocking him to the ground and the bottle out of his hand.

 

Then, he began to punch him savagely. His fist connected with his face multiple times, and I could hear sickening crunches.

 

“Baekhyun!” I screamed, “that’s enough!”

 

He still wouldn’t relent. He continued to box the boy’s face until it became a bloody mess.

 

“Baekhyun!” I screamed again. This time, I tried to pull him away.

 

His eyes were turbulent and almost psychotic, but after a moment, he was brought back to his senses. He grabbed my jaw in his hands, inspecting my face.

 

“Are you okay? What the are you doing here?” He rasped.

 

He eyed my heavy makeup and skimpy dress.

 

“I-I don’t--”

 

And then my knees gave way and everything faded to black.