First Blackout

First Love

Chapter 22



 

Hana stared at me in incredulous stupefaction.

 

“He cheated on me,” she hissed, “what is there to know?”

 

“He did it because he loves you.”

 

“Like that ing matters.”

 

“Do you remember the first time Sehun took you home and introduced you to his mom?”

 

At this, Hana’s face turned pink and her lips became pursed.

 

“Yeah. I do.”

 

“Sehun had to push you away because he didn't want you to get hurt. He ‘cheated’ on you with Yejun so you would stop loving him and the breakup would be easier on your part.”

 

I paused so Hana could let my words sink in.  

 

“He was willing to risk everything just for you.”

 

She was staring at the ground in front of her, her lips slightly parted, her hair falling into her eyes.

 

“I need to go,” she breathed. She took off to the general direction of the mall’s north exit, running as fast as her heeled boots could take her.

 

//


 

I flipped through my biology textbook, trying to memorize the terms relevant to my upcoming exam. I stared up at my ceiling as I repeated the definitions in my mind.

 

Nucleotide: a compound consisting of a nucleoside linked to a phosphate group.”

 

My eyes strayed from the ceiling  and onto the tape recorder sitting on my desk, and I thought of Baekhyun. Lately, he was occupying more and more of my thoughts and it was unbearably annoying. It was late. I sighed as I set my textbook on my nightstand and switched off my lamp.

 

//

 

On the day of my biology exam, Baekhyun returned to school. On top of that, he got a girlfriend.

 

Her name was Gayoung and she ranked second to last in our grade. She was dumb, but she was very pretty. She was non-competitive, laid back, and painfully nice, making it near impossible to hate her. On top of that, she was completely and tragically head over heels for Baekhyun.

 

She was fundamentally the exact opposite of me.

 

I was walking down the halls alone, on my way to Biology, when I saw them together. His arm was s around her waist and they were laughing about something. I stared straight ahead.

 

“Hey, Myunghee! Good luck on your exam!” Gayoung had said as they passed me.

 

“Yeah,” I muttered, “thanks.”

 

I could barely think throughout the entire exam. It was the first one in which I failed. I later learned that Baekhyun obtained an 100% on the same test.


 

//



 

I should’ve been happy that Baekhyun was back. Everything returned to they way it was, the way I wanted it to be. Instead I felt a unique type of wretchedness everytime I saw Baekhyun with Gayoung.

 

I was on my way to lunch when I passed a deserted stairwell, from where I heard a girl screaming. I bolted through the doors and up the stairs, where I saw three girls cornering Gayoung against a wall. It was Seohyun and her posse.

 

“Why the would Baekhyun date you, you ugly ?” she sneered, “what did you do? Did you sleep with him? Did you offer to him and his friends? Ugly ing !”

 

They pushed her hard, and she hit her head.

 

“What the are you doing?” I screamed, running up the stairs.

 

I pushed past the group of girls and pulled Gayoung away from the wall.

 

“Leave her the alone and just accept the fact that Baekhyun would never like you!”

 

Seohyun sneered.

 

“Why are you defending her, huh? I thought smartasses like you hated dumb es like her!”

 

“Well it look’s like you’re the dumbest here, so who are you to speak about her like that?”


I don’t really know what happened next, but the next thing I knew, I was tumbling down the stairs and a searing pain blossomed in my skull. I out before I even reached the bottom.

 

 

//AN: sad chap based on me failing my chemistry unit test and me falling down half a flight of stairs. by the way, ive written a short story for a contest and id totally appreciate it if yall checked it out! its called the five stages of loss. if you do happen to like it then feel free to vote on it for readers choice award. thanks es ilyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy xx

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1032086/the-five-stages-of-loss-angst-romance-originalcharacter-exo-sehun-tenderrose