First Encounter

First Love

Chapter 20




 

I would be lying if I said I wasn't creepy.

 

He didn't wake up when I approached him. I stopped right in front of him and crouched down, taking in his features. His tufts of dark hair, his long eyelashes, his soft lips and his puppy dog eyes.

 

He was gorgeous. It was indisputable.

 

“Oh god,” I thought, “no. Stop stop. Stop thinking about him stop staring at him stop stop sto--”

 

“Myunghee?”

 

He was awake, and he was staring right at me.

 

“What?” I blurted, “What do you want?”

 

He straightened up.

 

“Nothing. I'm only here to return your cardigan. You left it at my house.”

 

Sure enough, in his lap was my black cardigan, neatly folded into a square. How had I missed out on that detail?

 

“Oh,” I muttered, “thanks.”

 

He handed me my cardigan. As I turned to unlock my door and enter my house, he grabbed me by the arm.

 

“What?” I said.

 

“You've been avoiding me these past three weeks.”

 

I stared at him blankly, as if I didn't know what he was talking about.

 

“Why?” He asked.

 

“Why do you care?” I snapped.

 

“Because.”

 

“Because what?”

 

“Because. Because it bothers me.”

 

“Bothers you? How?”

 

“Enough with the stupid questions! Why were you avoiding me?”

 

I stood up.

 

“Because I want to. Because I can. Because I don't like you, I want you out of my life. In fact, I hate you.”

 

He frowned and his eyebrows furrowed in frustration.

 

“That doesn't make any sense! You were the one that barged into my life in the first place!”

 

I yanked my arm from his grip.

 

“And you never let me in. You barely let me help you. So there. I give up.”

 

I stepped into my house and slammed the door, sending my heart into overdrive. I walked numbly up to my room, trying to convince myself that I had done the right thing. It was better to distance myself before I grew too attached.

 

But then Sehun’s words resonated through my mind.

 

Certain things only come once in a lifetime.

 

I hesitated a moment, before dashing down the stairs and throwing open my front door.

 

But Baekhyun was already gone.


 

//


 

“Isn’t he cute?” Hana remarked.

 

I followed her gaze to a tall boy in nice clothes and tousled hair. He looked a few years older than us, but admittedly, he was cute.

 

“He’s ok.”

 

Hana raised her brows in skepticism.

 

Just okay?”

 

It had been a little over a month since her breakup with Sehun, and it had been two days since Sehun confessed his initial motive to me. Hana was back to her old self and I was unsure as to whether or not it was wise to tell her about it when she was so close to overcoming it.

 

“Oh I almost forgot. The only guy you consider genuinely cute is Byun Baekhyun!”

 

Hana winked. I rolled my eyes. She seemed to be alright. I had to tell her eventually, anyway.

 

“How long has it been since you've spoken with Sehun?”

 

The instant those words left my lips Hana’s expression changed completely. She stuck her nose in the air and flipped her hair over her shoulder.

 

“Um. A month? Maybe more.”

 

I pursed my lips and nodded in acknowledgement.

 

“Do you...want to talk about it?”

 

Hana scoffed, crossing her arms.

 

“What is there to talk about?” She spat.

 

I hesitated. Was it my place to tell her? Ideally Sehun should but I doubt that he would. He seemed convinced that Hana was out of his life forever.


“Hana,” I said, “there's something you should know about why Sehun cheated on you.”

 

 

a/n: yooooo 400 subs whaaaaaaaaaaaaat do u mean