A world without you is cold. 니가 없는 세상은 차가워.

My Never-Changing Heart: 변하지 않는 내 마음

~

내 맘엔 오직 너뿐인데

니가 없는 세상은 너무 차가운데

내 모든 걸 다

걸수 있는건 아직도 너뿐인데

You’re the only one in my heart

A world without you is cold

You’re the only person who I would

put my everything on the line for

~

 

 

 

“Hyung..” Woohyun weakly said after Sunggyu had pulled the trigger.

 

 

Howon fell flat onto the ground, his eyes rolling to the back of his head.

 

 

“Hyung..” Woohyun said again, looking at Sunggyu. Sunggyu turned to make eye-contact with him.

 

 

“Woohyun-ah..” Sunggyu said, turning away.

 

 

Two of Jiyong’s men lifted Howon onto a stretcher, and wheeled him away. Woohyun opened his mouth to say something again, but hesitated. He was scared that Sunggyu would shoot him, too.

 

 

“The Sunggyu hyung that I used to know was kind, caring, compassionate, and considerate,” Woohyun thought.

 

 

“Oppa. What do you think you are doing?” Jinhee exclaimed.

 

 

“Relax, everyone,” Sunggyu ignored Jinhee’s question and looked each and every person in the eye, except Woohyun. 

 

 

Sungjong avoided eye-contact, Jinhee looked to the ground, Myungsoo glared, and Sungyeol sighed. Dongwoo shivered in fear.

 

 

“Your friend is not dead. That was simply a tranquilizing dart,” Sunggyu said, causing Dongwoo and Woohyun to sigh in relief.

 

 

“Thank goodness Howon is alive,” Dongwoo thought.

 

 

“That’s right. Hyung would never kill a person like that..” Woohyun thought.

 

 

“But it was a very foolish choice for you all to come here. You’ll be lucky if you get out of here alive. You’ll be lucky if you even get out of here at all,” Sunggyu continued. “Now, if you may excuse us.”

 

 

Sunggyu dismissed Jiyong and the rest of Jiyong’s men. He gestured for his sister and her friends to follow him.

 

 

“You have no choice. You cannot fight back against me, especially with your hands constrained like that,” Sunggyu said, eyeing the shiny silver handcuffs around everyone’s wrists.

 

 

So Jinhee and her five friends followed Sunggyu up a staircase. Everyone was worrying about Howon, but there was nothing they could do about it.

 

 

“Get in here,” Sunggyu gestured to an elevator, and everyone climbed in.

 

 

“I will not be following you all into the elevator, but you should all get out when it opens at the 7th floor. If you are to disobey these orders, you will be shot on the spot. We will be watching,” Sunggyu said.

 


“Hyung..” Woohyun pleaded as the doors began to slide close. Sunggyu only looked Woohyun in the eyes. 

 

 

“Is that.. regret that I see?” Woohyun thought, as he looked into Sunggyu’s sincere orbs.

 

 

Sunggyu turned around and walked away.

 

 

Myungsoo waited until the doors closed completely before he spoke, “What the heck is this?”

 

 

The small space that Sunggyu called an “elevator” wasn’t much like an elevator. Well, it was the same size as a typical elevator. Everyone was squished together inside like anchovies, but there were no buttons to press.

 

 

“Didn’t he say to get off at the 7th floor?” Sungjong asked. “We aren’t moving.”

 

 

Then, as if the elevator heard Sungjong’s words, it started to move up.

 

 

The elevator seemed like it had only moved for ten seconds, but before everyone knew it, they were at the 7th floor.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Somi was sitting on the bed in her room, which was all black. There wasn’t any light at all. She could barely see what was in front of her. She was looking at her hands and fiddling her thumbs. 

 

 

She could’ve turn on the small reading light that was provided, but she kind of enjoyed sitting in the dark.

 

 

How long had she been stuck in there?

 

 

It had probably been at least twenty-four hours. No one had brought her any food.

 

 

Her stomach was grumbling so much, but she knew that she wouldn’t starve to death, at least, not yet.

 

 

Suddenly, she jumped. She thought she heard movement just outside her room. She quickly jumped off her bed and switched on the reading light that was provided. The wall beside the entrance door began to break open to reveal a pair of doors.

 

 

“When did these get here?” she mumbled to herself. The doors didn’t have knobs, and looked like elevator doors. Before she could walk closer to the mysterious doors, they slid open.

 

 

“NOONA!” Sungjong screamed, coming out of the elevator and jumping onto Somi. He couldn't really embrace her, as his hands were still restrained by handcuffs.

 

 

“Sungjong!” Somi threw her arms around her best friend’s little brother.

 

 

“Sungyeol oppa!” Somi squealed, kissing her older brother on the cheek as he stepped out of the elevator after Sungjong.

 

 

“Gross,” he said, wiping off his cheek and turning to Jinhee. He pecked her on the forehead

 

 

“Hi, Jinhee,” Somi smiled, and Jinhee smiled back sweetly.

 

 

“Hey,” she said.

 

 

“DONGWOO! You’re here too?” Somi exclaimed. Dongwoo laughed brightly.

 

 

“I’m glad to know that you’re happy to see me here.”

 

 

“L oppa!” Somi looked at Myungsoo’s handsome face. His eyes were warm, even though he looked exhausted.

 


Lastly, Somi greeted Woohyun, who stepped out of the elevator.

 

 

“Woohyunnie! You came too!” Woohyun smiled and awkwardly hugged Somi as best as he could with his hands constrained. He was so happy to see that she was alive and well.

 

 

Somi went to peer in the elevator, expecting to see Howon’s handsome, smiling face.

 

 

“Howonnie?” she peeked inside the elevator.

 

 

No one.

 

 

“Where’s.. Howonnie?” Somi asked.

 

 

“Well.. Howon was with us, but,” Woohyun began to tell Somi the story of how they came to find her, starting from when they realized that Somi was gone.

 

 

“Howon..” Somi whispered, worried after she had heard the story.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Howon opened his eyes.

 

 

“Where am I?” he thought. He could hear the buzzing sound of machines around him, and saw people dressed in white.

 

 

“Am I in a hospital?” Howon wondered.

 

 

He closed his eyes again, falling back to sleep. He was exhausted.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Howonnie!” Somi’s voice called out.

 

 

“Somi!” Howon ran over to Somi and pecked her on the cheek. “You came?”

 

 

“Yes! And look, I bought you a new sweatshirt. Isn’t it pretty?” Somi held up a purple sweatshirt.

 


“Mhm! I love it,” Howon put his arm around Somi’s waist and smiled down at her.

 

 

“I love you so much,” Somi said, grasping Howon’s hand and grinning.

 

 

“I love you too,” said Howon, pecking the top of Somi’s head.

 

 

“Let’s live happily like this, forever.”

 

 

People say that dreams are the opposite of reality. 꿈은 현실과 반대다.

 

 

~~~

 

 

When Howon opened his eyes again, he was moved to a different room. He was laying on a cot, and the room was lit by a dim light.

 

 

He turned his head to the side. In front of him was a table, and sitting at the table was no one other than Kim Sunggyu.

 

 

Howon immediately felt blood rush to his ears. He was angry. He tried to raise a fist, but he realized that he was restrained to the cot that he was laying down on.

 

He growled and struggled in order to free himself, to no avail.

 

 

“Oh. So you’re awake,” Sunggyu’s voice said. He spoke calmly, in the tone that a person would use while speaking to a child.

 

 

Howon didn’t say a word. He just frowned. 

 

 

Howon heard Sunggyu stand up from his chair and soon, he saw Sunggyu’s face looming over him. Sunggyu looked at Howon teasingly, and Howon glared straight into his eyes, trying to look as intimidating as possible.

 

 

But it was pretty hard for Howon to look intimidating, considering his position and situation.

 

 

Sunggyu chuckled, obviously amused by the way that Howon was acting,

 

 

Howon seriously wanted to punch him.

 

 

“I’m not your enemy,” Sunggyu quietly said. “You need to trust me.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Author’s Note: I don’t think I can update often, guys. :c I can update on the weekends, but since school started, I don’t think I’ll be able to update on the weekdays.. So I’ll probably be updating weekly, or maybe even twice a week, depending on my workload each day ^^