I’ll steal your everything. 너의 모든걸 흠쳐 보겠어.

My Never-Changing Heart: 변하지 않는 내 마음

~

널 가져 보겠어

너의 마음을

훔쳐 보겠어

너의 모든걸

바래 또 바래 또

I’ll take your heart

I’ll steal your everything

I hope and hope

~

 

 

“Hey Somi,” Howon carried chicken and cola, and barged into Somi’s room as he always did.

 

 

“Hi,” Somi said, as she ran a comb through her hair and pulled on a pair of white socks.

 

 

“Where are you going this late at night?”

 

 

It was a Friday night. Howon had just finished soccer practice, and he had picked up food for himself and Somi to eat together for dinner.

 

 

But to his surprise, she already seemed to have plans for the night.

 

 

“Oh, I’m going to Junho’s apartment,” Somi smiled.

 

 

“Junho’s.. apartment? At 8:00 pm?” Howon raised his eyebrows.

 

 

“We are going to watch a movie and eat ice cream,” said Somi.

 

 

“Is Sungyeol going to let you go to a boy’s place at night?” Howon narrowed his eyes.

 

 

“Dunno. But Junho is my boyfriend so..” Somi said, and Howon sighed.

 

 

Sungyeol was out late studying at the library with Jinhee, so he didn’t know that Somi would be out. Somi figured that she would be home before him, so she didn't tell Sungyeol anything. 

 

 

“Okay, have fun,” Howon said grimly, and went home to share the chicken that he bought with Sungjong.

 

 

“Dang. Now she chooses Junho over her best friend,” thought Howon.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Somi nervously knocked on the door to Junho’s apartment. He opened the door, wearing all black with a small smile on his face.

 

 

“You’re pretty tonight,” Junho greeted Somi with a hug.

 

 

“You look exceptionally handsome, as always,” Somi said back.

 

 

“So.. What do you want to watch?” he asked, gesturing for her to come in.

 

 

They chose to watch the movie, “A Werewolf Boy”.

 

 

At first, it was kind of awkward since it was just the two of them, but as the movie progressed they began to talk more and loosen up. They even ended up feeding each other ice cream.

 

 

By the time the movie ended, Somi was drifting off to sleep.

 

 

“Wanna go outside?” Junho asked.

 

 

“Isn’t it too dark out? It’s cold, and something could happen to us,” Somi said.

 

 

“Oh, no. Nothing bad will happen. I can protect you,” Junho grinned as he pulled on a leather jacket and ushered Somi out the door.

 

 

The two of them were walking around the empty streets of Jeonju, holding hands. No one really said a word. It wasn’t until they reached the edge of some sort of alley that Somi finally spoke.

 

 

“Why are we here?”

 

 

She was getting a really eerie feeling. She didn’t feel safe, even though she was with Junho, who swore that he would protect her.

 

 

“I’m sorry that I have to do this,” Junho said. “Actually, I’m not.”

 

 

He pushed a white cloth to Somi’s face, and she was out in a second. Junho quickly picked up her limp body and threw her over his shoulder, and took off, running towards who knows where.

 

 

~~~

 

 

A few hours later, Somi finally stirred. Her wrists were tied together and she was sitting in a position so that she was unable to move.

 

 

She took a look around her. It was dark, and she could only make out a few coils of rope. She used her palm to feel around on the floor. All she could feel was dirt, and a few pebbles.

 

 

“Where am I?” she wondered.

 

 

All of a sudden, she heard a familiar voice.

 

 

“You’re heavier than I thought you would be.”

 

 

“Junho! What do you think you're doing?” Somi wanted to call out, but a gag around prevented her from making any sounds.

 

 

She suddenly remembered Jinhee’s warning. And Woohyun’s warning.

 

 

“Hello, Lee Somi,” Junho clicked on a flashlight, and shined it onto her face. He no longer looked like the kind, loving boyfriend that he was just a few hours ago. There was a different glint in his eyes.

 

 

He roughly removed the gag from Somi’s mouth, not caring if he hurt her.

 

 

“J-Junho? What are you trying to do?” Somi said.

 

 

“You know, Sunggyu wasn’t taken away for no reason at all,” Junho said.

 

 

“S-Sunggyu?” Somi stuttered. Another person knew about Sunggyu?

 

 

“We were raised together,” Junho said with a smirk. “We know everything about each other. How do you think I knew about the box?”

 

 

“The box?” Somi asked, dumbfounded.

 

 

“The one that Sunggyu left to Woohyun. How do you think I knew how to break into it? A keyhole like that is one of the most common in North Korea,” Junho said, all too smug. 

 

 

“The maps that Sunggyu left inside were useful to me, too. I didn’t know that the tunnels had developed so much,” Junho continued.

 

 

“What are you trying to do to me?” Somi asked.

 

 

“Oh. I’m not going to do anything to you. I’m merely a delivery boy,” Junho laughed sinisterly and put another white cloth to Somi’s face. She struggled and tried to hold her breath, but eventually she had to take in the scent that put her to sleep.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Sungyeol and Jinhee said their goodbyes. 

 

 

The two of them had just finished another fun study date, where Sungyeol helped Jinhee with her chemical equations and Jinhee had helped Sungyeol with his essay statement.

 

 

When Sungyeol got home, it was already midnight. He went to Somi’s room to wish his little sister a good night’s sleep, but when he walked over to her bed and pulled down her covers, he realized that her bed was empty.

 

 

“That’s weird..” Sungyeol thought. He knew that Somi was afraid of the dark and usually would never go out alone by herself.

 

 

He reached into his pocket to call her, and waited for her to pick up her phone. 

 

 

There was no response.

 

 

“Jureumie! Where did Somi go?” Sungyeol picked up his cat, who had lazily waltzed into his little sister’s room.

 

 

Jureumie merely meowed, and Sungyeol started to worry even more.

 

 

He thought that maybe Somi would have gone to Woohyun’s apartment. 

 

 

Sungyeol rushed over to the other apartment on the same floor, and Woohyun answered right away. Sungyeol looked into Woohyun’s apartment, but all he saw was Inkigayo running on the television.

 

 

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Woohyun asked Sungyeol with a concerned tone.

 

 

“Somi is gone,” Sungyeol said, running his hands through his hair. He whipped out his phone and scrolled to find Myungsoo in his contacts.

 

 

Myungsoo picked up on the second ring.

 

 

“How was your study date with Jinhee?” Myungsoo asked cheekily, without even saying hi.

 

 

“This isn’t the time for that, Myungsoo. Somi is gone!” Sungyeol exclaimed.

 

 

“Gone? What do you mean, gone?” Myungsoo was frantic on the other end of the line. “I’ll be over in a second!”

 

 

Next, Sungyeol called Howon and put him on speaker.

 

 

“Hi, hyung? Is something wrong? Why are you calling me?” Howon asked, still hurt that Somi had chosen to go out with Junho than spend time with him.

 

 

“Somi is gone!” Sungyeol exclaimed. “And she won’t pick up her phone! Please, please, please! Tell me that she is at your place.”

 

 

“She was going on a date with Junho.. I stopped by earlier today to eat dinner with her, but she said she was going over to Junho’s place,” Howon said, and hung up. He pulled on his shoes and zoomed straight over to Junho’s apartment.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Somi became conscious again for the second time. As she looked around, she realized that the ropes around her wrists were replaced with handcuffs, and was no longer gagged. She was also wearing different clothes. All blue. It looked sort of like an orange jumpsuit that criminals wore, except it was blue.

 

 

She realized that she was in some sort of subway, or train. She didn’t know what it was exactly. Junho was sitting beside her, also changed into some sort of uniform. It looked like an army uniform. All the other seats in the vehicle were empty.

 

 

“AAAH!” she screamed. It felt like a nightmare. “LEE JUNHO, WHAT THE HECK?!”

 

 

“Shut up!” Junho held a gun to Somi’s face, and she flinched.

 

 

Somi sat quietly, not wanting to get threatened again. After many hours of silence, the vehicle came to a stop. 

 

 

The doors slid open, and Somi peered to see what was beyond those doors.

 

 

Somi’s heart stopped.

 

 

“S-S-Sunggyu oppa?”

 

 

Sunggyu smirked back at her, not looking friendly at all.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

*Author’s Note: My readers! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ^^ I kind of wrote it quickly. Right now, I’m on a cruise and I’m going to be losing all my connection soon. The connection will probably be in and out, so I don’t know when I’ll be able to update again! I’ll still have my laptop though, so I will be able to write. I just won’t be able to update. I will be back from my cruise on August 9th, so three days! I’ll update by then, I promise.