Because I still love you. 아직도 너를 사랑해서.

My Never-Changing Heart: 변하지 않는 내 마음

~

너라는 여자를 만난

이 기적 같은 순간에서

이기적이게 도망 가려 해

사랑해서 떠난단 말도

안 되는 이유로

비겁하게 떠나가려 

From the miracle of meeting a girl like you

I’m selfishly trying to run away

It doesn’t make sense but 

I’m running away because I love you

I’m leaving you like a coward

~

 

 

Panting. Yelling. Running.

 

 

The silhouettes of three boys as they ran through the night.

 

 

“Hyungs! This way,” Woohyun hollered over his shoulder, as he led Sungyeol and Myungsoo towards Junho’s apartment building.

 

 

The three boys reached the building and barged through the doors. They made their way over to the elevator.

 

 

One floor, two floors, three floors, the fourth floor. 

 

 

As soon as the elevator arrived, the three boys heard shouting.

 

 

“Lee Junho! You better open up!” they heard Howon scream and watched him throw himself at Junho’s apartment door.

 

 

“Where is that idiot?” Woohyun growled, and pounded on Junho’s door. There wasn’t even a keyhole. There was only a passcode, and no one knew what Junho would’ve put for the passcode to his house.

 

 

“AGH! I swear, if he is in there right now and ignoring us, I’m going to break down the door myself!” Sungyeol yelled.

 

 

Howon pulled out his phone and called Sungjong over, knowing that he would want to be involved in finding Somi. He also called Dongwoo for extra help.

 

 

“I’m pretty sure he’s not in there..” Myungsoo said. “If Somi was in there with him, she would’ve already opened the door herself.”

 

 

“That’s true,” Sungyeol punched the wall. “UGH! We can’t even file a missing person report because it hasn’t been 24 hours!”

 

 

“Let me call Junho..” Howon said, and pulled out his phone. Surprisingly, they could hear Junho’s phone go off inside the apartment.

 

 

Then, Sungyeol called Somi. Her phone went off as well, inside the apartment.

 

 

“What the hell?” Myungsoo threw his hands into the air as Sungjong and Dongwoo arrived together.

 

 

"Somi noona.. What happened to her? Did Junho hyung really do something to her? Are you sure they aren't still in there?" Sungjong pointed to the door, and Woohyun shook his head.

 

 

"Sungjong, your hyungs already checked and there is no one inside. They wouldn't avoid us this long, and if Somi was in there, she would've opened the door for us, right? We should ask the front to see the security cameras." Woohyun said.

 

 

Everyone went downstairs and explained the situation to the man working at the front. They got permission to check the security cameras by the elevators, and sure enough, Junho, dressed in all black, led a tired-looking Somi outside through the front door of the lobby.

 

 

"They could've just went out to the club or something. Don't worry kids," said the man, taking a sip of his coffee.

 

 

"Ahjusshi, if they come back, can you give me a call?" Howon scribbled down his number on a piece of paper and handed it to the man who was working at the front desk.

 

 

"Sure thing," said the man, and all six boys headed outside to search, looking for any clues that might've lead them to Somi and Junho.

 

 

 

“Do you really think Junho did this?” Dongwoo doubted for a second. He always thought of Junho as a pretty nice guy, even though he seemed sort of cold at times.

 

 

Everyone looked at him.

 

 

“Then do you think that Somi would run away by herself?” Howon asked. “I was the last one to see her. She was going out on a date with Lee Junho! And her phone is inside his house, which means that she was there.”

 

 

“Guys..” Woohyun said quietly.

 

 

“Yes, Woohyun-ah?” Sungyeol asked.

 

 

Woohyun looked to the ground. “Jinhee was right.”

 

 

~~~

 

 

Somi stumbled along, holding the rails on the walls as she walked through the dimly lit building.

 

 

Her hands were handcuffed, and was gagged. She could not say a word.

 

 

Junho had gone off somewhere after meeting someone, apparently an old friend named Ok Taecyeon, who was wearing the same type of uniform that Junho himself wore.

 

 

So Somi was left alone with Sunggyu.

 

 

Kim Sunggyu, the boy who she loved. The one who had promised her that they would meet again some day, the boy who had given her the locket that she wore around her neck at the moment.

 

 

When Sunggyu first saw Somi again, he didn’t say a word. Instead, he looked at her with a forced smirk on his face, acting as mean as possible.

 

 

“She’s prettier than when I last saw her,” he thought, as he grabbed Somi roughly and dragged her up a nearby staircase.

 

 

The two of them were trudging along, Sunggyu not looking at her and Somi stealing glances at him.

 

 

He looked the same as before. His face aged a little bit, and he looked more like a man than the teenage boy that Somi had last seen. His eyes were cold. He did not have the same warmness that Somi had felt when they had last seen each other.

 

 

They finally reached a hallway of doors. Sunggyu opened the first door on the left, and led Somi inside.

 

 

There were no windows. Everything in the room was black. The floor was black wood. The walls were black paint. There was a small door that led to a toilet and shower. One bed was placed in the corner of the room. It was a queen-sized bed, topped off with black sheets and a black pillow. There was also a small table, and two chairs. On the table, there was a small book light.

 

 

Sunggyu closed the door behind him and sat down at the table. He switched on the book light, and gestured for Somi to sit down in the other chair, and she did. She looked at him, still not able to speak.

 

 

Sunggyu reached out with his right hand and cupped Somi’s cheek. She looked at him with disbelief, as if she couldn’t believe that he was there.

 

 

“Somi.” Sunggyu said, taking the gag off Somi so she could speak. He also took off her handcuffs.

 

 

Somi didn’t say anything, and looked straight into Sunggyu’s intense eyes.

 

 

“Lee Somi.” Sunggyu called her name again.

 

 

Somi couldn’t move. Even though she was untied and able to move around as she pleased, she couldn’t bring herself to. After a few minutes, she found her voice and spoke.

 

 

“Are we where I think we are?” she asked.

 

 

“We are in North Korea,” Sunggyu said. 

 

 

Somi was confused. She didn’t expect to reunite with Sunggyu like this. She figured the next time she saw him, she would’ve thrown herself into his arms and they would’ve embraced each other.

 

 

“Oppa,” Somi said, wrapping her left hand around the locket she wore around her neck.

 

 

“Don’t call me that,” Sunggyu snapped. 

 

 

When Sunggyu had touched Somi’s face, she could’ve sworn that she felt some sort of warmness, some sort of sincerity in Sunggyu. But when he snapped at her, the feeling completely disappeared.

 

 

“Ask me whatever you want. I’ll answer if I deem it appropriate to do so,” Sunggyu said, slightly turning away from Somi.

 

 

“I’m so sorry..” Sunggyu thought.

 

 

“Why am I here?” Somi asked.

 

 

“To be killed,” Sunggyu responded. “I’m going to take your life. Soon.”

 

 

“Oppa, don’t kid around,” Somi said, trying to lighten the heavy atmosphere.

 

 

“I’m not freaking kidding around, Lee Somi. And don’t call me oppa. You make it sound like we are close. Address me as Kim Sunggyu,” Sunggyu said, his words piercing through Somi’s heart.

 

 

“Kim Sunggyu..” Somi began. “I still love you.”

 

 

“I’m going to kill you right now if you keep acting like this,” Sunggyu said. He pulled his gun out from the side of his uniform and held it to Somi’s chest.

 

 

“I know you can’t. Kim Sunggyu, I waited for you for all these years, not knowing where in the world you were, and now that I’m back by your side, you say you’re going to kill me? I know the old you is still in here,” Somi put her hand on Sunggyu’s heart, and he brushed her hand away.

 

 

“I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about, Lee Somi. I hate you,” Sunggyu said the last three words clearly. “I’m not playing around. I’m really going to kill you. Not now, but in front of everyone.”

 

 

Sunggyu stood up from his seat. Somi grabbed his arm and looked him the eyes.

 

 

Sunggyu could feel his heart beat faster, just by being under her gaze.

 

 

Somi hesitated before speaking. “Kim Sunggyu.. I know you aren’t terrible enough of a person to take someone’s life. I don’t kn-”

 

 

Sunggyu stepped out of the room slammed the door in Somi’s face.

 

 

“Enjoy your last few days on this Earth,” he yelled from the other side, and walked away, his heart heavy with guilt.

 

 

Somi collapsed onto the bed and looked up at the black ceiling.

 

 

"Sunggyu oppa.. Why have you changed so much?"

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

*Author’s Note: Hi guys! I’m still on my cruise but I’m able to update! I’ll be off my cruise tomorrow, so if I get another chapter written, I’ll post it. This chapter was kind of short though… Sorry :c AND OMG NAMU’S HAIR IS BLONDE FOR THE WORLD TOUR! I like him better w/ dark colors though.. :3