Don't know why. 나도 몰라.

My Never-Changing Heart: 변하지 않는 내 마음

~

Don't know why

나도 몰래 자꾸만

니 생각하면 미소 짓는

이런 내 모습 어색해 고갤 돌려

I don't know why,

but when I think of you I always smile

and I awkwardly shake my head to myself

~

 

 

Somi and Jinhee grew closer over the next few days. Of course, Somi was still a little bit thrown off by the fact that Jinhee was Sunggyu’s sister, but she started to become used to Jinhee’s strange personality and her ambiguous way of talking.

 

 

She planned to get Jinhee to open up to her. Somi really wanted to know what Jinhee knew about Sunggyu.

 

 

“Okay, just be yourself,” Somi told Jinhee. “I’ll bring Sungyeol out to the kalguksu restaurant for lunch, meet us here at around 12:30, okay? I’ll act like we ran into each other and invite you to eat with us.”

 

 

Somi planned to help Jinhee get together with her older brother. She was sick of him obsessing over his cat, and she wanted him to actually find a girlfriend.

 

 

However, Sungyeol wasn’t cooperating.

 


“Oppa! Please, let’s go out to lunch!” Somi begged.

 

 

“No. Not hungry. And Jureumie needs me here by her side! The vet says that it will take her three days to recover from her cold!” Sungyeol said, holding the cat that Somi hated so much in his lap.

 

 

“Come on! It’s just gonna be an hour or so. That ugly cat doesn’t need you 24/7,” Somi rolled her eyes.

 

 

“Excuse me? Did you just call my baby, ugly?!” Sungyeol narrowed his eyes at his sister.

 

 

“Yeol, I’m hungry too,” Myungsoo supported Somi, and she smiled at him.

 

 

“See! It’s 2:1! Jureumie will be just fine if she’s left home by herself for an hour. She’s always fine when you’re attending lectures, so why wouldn’t she be fine today?” Somi tried to reassure her cat-obsessed brother.

 


“Oh, fine. But not because YOU want to eat. Because Myunggie wants to eat,” Sungyeol glared at Somi and smiled at his friend.

 

 

“Wow. First you put your cat over me, and now your friend? What happened to ‘blood is thicker than water’?” Somi frowned at her brother.

 

 

“Haha, come on, let’s go!” Sungyeol draped his arm around his sister’s neck and marched out of the house, looking back to blow a kiss to his cat.

 

 

Myungsoo just shook his head, laughed, and followed the Lee siblings out of their apartment.

 

 

“What do you want to eat anyways?” Sungyeol asked his younger sister.

 

 

“Kalguksu!” she exclaimed.

 

 

“Oh, come on! I just had that for dinner last night. Let’s eat something else,” Sungyeol said.

 

 

“Noo! I want kalguksu!” Somi thought of Jinhee, who was probably waiting outside the restaurant at the moment.

 

 

“Since it’s close to our apartment, fine,” Sungyeol said, as Myungsoo laughed at the two siblings bickering.

 

 

When the three of you reached the restaurant, Somi spotted a familiar girl sitting in the front.

 

 

“Hey! Kim Jinhee! Fancy meeting you here!” Somi waved her hand, as Jinhee stood up and walked over to her.

 

 

“Hi Somi! I was just going for lunch with Woohyun but he blew me off to hang out with Dongwoo. Could I maybe.. join you guys?” Jinhee asked, looking over to Sungyeol and Myungsoo.

 

 

Somi looked at her other brother, and she could see him staring at Jinhee. He was probably checking her out, seeing if she was a girl pretty enough for him to like.

 

 

“Everything is going according to plan,” Somi thought. Sungyeol seemed interested enough.

 

 

Of course, Sungyeol would probably be too stupid to remember that Jinhee was Sunggyu’s sister. The two of them had never talked in the past, anyways.

 

 

“Sure! You can join us,” Sungyeol responded before Somi could even say anything. “And my name is Lee Sungyeol. And yours is Kim Jinhee, if I’m correct. Such a pretty name for a pretty girl.”

 

 

“Oh geez,” Somi and Myungsoo both thought. They both rolled their eyes at Sungyeol.

 

 

Jinhee blushed and just smiled. “Thank you for letting me join you, Sungyeol-sshi.”

 

 

“Umm, hello? You two aren’t the only ones eating. We’re here too!” Myungsoo waved his hand in front of Sungyeol’s face.

 

 

Jinhee blushed and Sungyeol just smirked.

 

 

“Who am I kidding? Why was I worried about Sungyeol not getting a girlfriend again? He’s a total flirt!” Somi mentally shook her head at her older brother.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Lunch was going well. Sungyeol and Jinhee really hit it off, even though Jinhee was still kind of shy. She couldn’t look him in the eyes. Myungsoo sat there awkwardly with you. The both of you felt like third-wheels.

 

 

“Somi, how’s it going with Junho?” Jinhee suddenly asked.

 

 

“Junho?” Myungsoo raised his eyebrows. “Who’s Junho?”

 

 

“Oh.. you didn’t tell them?” Jinhee looked sorry.

 

 

“Nope.. Haha..” Somi awkwardly laughed.

 

 

“Junho? Lee Junho? Is he that soccer-playing dirtbag?” Sungyeol asked Somi. “What business do you have with him?”

 

 

“I don’t like him either. He gives me weird vibes,” Jinhee said.

 

 

“We’re kind of dating..” Somi said quietly, in almost a whisper.

 

 

“WHAT?” Sungyeol exclaimed, and Myungsoo laughed.

 

 

“Junho! That jerk. Last year, we would always play together at the school soccer field. But then he did something unforgivable..” Sungyeol’s eyes darkened.

 

 

“What happened?” Jinhee asked seriously, paying attention to Sungyeol’s every word.

 

 

“So, I was on my phone one day..” Sungyeol started to say.

 

 

“Mhm?” Jinhee was the only one interested in his story.

 

 

“And my background was Jureumie,” Sungyeol continued.

 

 

“Jureumie?” Jinhee questioned.

 

 

“My cat! She’s hairless, and beautiful. She’s the love of my life!” Sungyeol declared, which caused the other people in the restaurant to give him weird looks.

 

 

Myungsoo just slurped his noodles, uninterested. Somi rolled her eyes at her brother for the 827th time that day.

 

 

“So anyways, Junho saw my phone background, and yelled, ‘Dude! That cat is the ugliest thing I’ve seen in my life!’ That meanie,” Sungyeol sniffed, and Myungsoo scoffed.

 

 

Even Jinhee rolled her eyes.

 

 

“So that’s why you hate my boyfriend?” Somi questioned.

 

 

“Yup. I disapprove. Unless he takes back what he said. Ever since that day he insulted Jureumie, I’ve never talked to him. I blocked his phone number and everything,” Sungyeol said proudly.

 

 

“You are such a choding,” Myungsoo sighed. “You should support your sister in her relationship, you silly choding.”

 

 

“A cute choding,” Jinhee thought. She didn’t dare to say it out loud.

 

 

Myungsoo leaned over and whispered into Somi’s ear, “I’m glad you’ve decided to move on.” 

 

 

Somi looked at him and smiled.

 

 

Everyone ended up finishing their food, and Sungyeol stood up to pay.

 

 

“Whoa, when does Sungyeol oppa actually pay?” Somi joked.

 

 

“I’m not paying for you, silly. I’m paying for her,” he gestured to Jinhee. “You and Myungsoo can pay for your own portions of the meal.”

 

 

“Thank you, Sungyeol-sshi!” Jinhee grinned at him.

 

 

“Mhm, don’t mind it,” Sungyeol said.

 

 

Somi almost laughed out loud. He was trying to look rich or something.

 

 

“I’ll pay for us,” Myungsoo said, handing a 20,000 won bill over to the ahjumma who worked at the restaurant.

 

 

“Oh no.. You didn’t have to,” Somi said, but it was already too late.

 

 

“Thanks for letting me have lunch with you guys. And thank you Sungyeol-sshi, for paying,” Jinhee blushed, and left without another word.

 

 

“Do you like her?” Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol with curious eyes. “Or is she just another one of those girls who you play with and then dump?”

 

 

Sungyeol glared at him and glanced at Somi. “When did I ever do that to girls? And why would I like her? She's just pretty, that’s all. And she seems to like me. Or you. Her face was red throughout the whole lunch!”

 

 

“Shallow and conceited as always,” Myungsoo chuckled. “You’re such a flirt, Lee Sungyeol.”

 

 

“Yeah, whatever. It’s not my fault girls fall for me everywhere I go. I’m tall and handsome!” Sungyeol said. “Now it’s time for me to get back to the love of my life. Bye Myunggie, Somi.” 

 

 

“Why is he so attached to that stupid cat?” Somi asked Myungsoo.

 

 

“The world may never know..” Myungsoo scratched his head.

 

 

~~~

 

 

“Thanks, L oppa! This ice-cream is really good!” Somi her ice-cream cone, as Myungsoo ate ice-cream out of a cup. He didn’t want a cone.

 

 

“No problem!” Myungsoo grinned.

 

 

Both Somi and Myungsoo had nothing to do, so they just decided to walk around and talk. When Somi was looking longingly at an ice-cream shop, Myungsoo decided to take her in for ice-cream. Now, they were sitting at a table, enjoying the sweet treat.

 

 

“So, you and Kim Jinhee.. Are you guys close?” Myungsoo asked. “The more and more I look at her, the more she reminds me of someone.”

 

 

“Who?” Somi asked him.

 

 

“Remember, how I talked about how another girl would always walk around with Sunggyu, holding hands and talking?” Myungsoo thought back to the day he talked about Sunggyu with Somi. “That girl is Jinhee.”

 

 

“Oh, that makes sense,” Somi laughed, reassured. She didn’t like the idea of Sunggyu hanging out with another girl at the time that she was his best friend. 

 

 

“Ugh, stupid Somi. How can you be thinking of Sunggyu when you have a boyfriend now?” Somi mentally slapped herself.

 

 

“It makes sense? How?” Myungsoo was curious.

 

 

“She’s Sunggyu’s sister,” Somi said nonchalantly.

 

 

Myungsoo spit his ice-cream back out into his bowl, which made Somi cringe in disgust. 

 

 

“Oppa! That’s gross!”

 

 

“Sunggyu’s sister? Then does she know anything about him? Where he is, what he’s doing?” Myungsoo questioned.

 

 

“Not sure, she just keeps it all to herself,” Somi laughed. “I’m trying to get close to her so I can find out.”

 

 

“Do you really like Junho?” Myungsoo blurted out.

 

 

“Umm.. I guess. He’s pretty nice,” Somi said. 

 

 

It was true. Somi had been texting Junho for almost three hours every day after they started dating. He turned out to be a nice, caring guy. Somi was even beginning to become sort of fond of him.

 

 

“Oh, I see,” Myungsoo laughed. “Do you see that store over there?” he pointed across the street.

 

 

“Chaeyeon’s Charms?” Somi questioned.

 

 

“Yup! That’s where I made your charm bracelet,” Myungsoo tugged on the bracelet that Somi was wearing. “Want to add onto it?”

 

 

“Sure! Let’s go!” Somi ate the last bite of her cone and ran across the street to the shop. She opened the door, and stepped in. Myungsoo followed her with a smile.

 

 

“Welcome!” said the worker. “What a nice couple! Is there anything I can get for you guys? Maybe couple rings, or couple bracelets?”

 

 

Somi blushed. She didn't think of Myungsoo in that way at all, but hey, he was good looking, smart, and tall. Somi would probably have liked him if it weren't for Sunggyu, or her boyfriend, Junho, who she didn't really like anyways.

 

 

“We’re not a couple,” Myungsoo said, unfazed. “I’m just here to add onto my friend’s bracelet.”

 

 

“Oh, I see,” the worker laughed. “Okay, you guys can look around!”

 

 

“Hmm,” Somi looked at the many charms that she could add onto her bracelet. “I need one to represent Woohyun, one for Junho, and one for.. Sunggyu oppa,” she said the last two words quietly.

 

 

Myungsoo looked at her with disapproval.

 

 

“Somi, let’s try to forget, okay?” Myungsoo said. “We should get a charm for Woohyun and Junho. Only.”

 

 

“I don’t need Sunggyu anymore,” Somi thought bravely.

 

 

“Let’s get this backpack charm to represent Woohyun, because he sometimes carries my backpack to school for me. And I want this one to represent Junho!” Somi pointed at a charm with a grumpy face on it. “Junho used to always be grumpy.”

 

 

Myungsoo laughed. “Sounds good!” 

 

 

He picked up the charms and brought them to the worker, who attached them to Somi’s bracelet.

 

 

Myungsoo paid for them.

 

 

“Do you seriously have to pay for everything?” Somi looked at Myungsoo. “L oppa, I feel bad! You paid for lunch, ice-cream, and now this!”

 

 

“It’s okay,” Myungsoo laughed. “Next time, you pay for me!”

 

 

“Fine! I will!” Somi laughed, as the two exited the store.

 

 

“I need to be getting to an afternoon lecture at the university. Will you be alright walking home by yourself?”

 

 

“Of course! I’m not a baby or anything,” Somi playfully hit Myungsoo’s shoulder.

 

 

Myungsoo grinned, “See you tonight! I’ll probably crash at your house again!”

 

 

“Bye!” Somi waved, as she watched Myungsoo walk away.

 

 

When he was gone, Somi went back into the bracelet charm store, and bought a charm that she was eyeing earlier.

 

 

“This charm represents Sunggyu oppa,” Somi thought, as she attached the heart-shaped charm to her bracelet.

 

 

“Lee Somi… You still think about that guy, huh?” A hooded figure watched Somi purchase the charm. 

 

 

“We didn’t dispose of him for nothing..” The hooded figure muttered under his breath and smirked, as he watched Somi walk away.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

*Author’s Note: Any guesses on who the hooded figure is? AND OMGG GUYS LET’S GET “BAD” TO 5,000,000 VIEWS! I really want to see the dance practice for it.. Hehehe.. & have you guys watched Infinite’s Weekly Idol? I’m watching it right now.. :3