I will find you. 널 찾고 말겠어.

My Never-Changing Heart: 변하지 않는 내 마음

~

비 바람 불어도

널 찾고 말겠어

이겨줄게 이따위 소나기

Even if it rains and the wind blows,

I will find you

I’ll win over this shower

~

 

 

“Woohyun, what do you mean? What was Jinhee right about?” Sungyeol asked, wondering how his girlfriend was involved.

 

 

Woohyun sighed and sat down at a bench.

 

 

“When we were camping, remember when you guys went swimming and I took a phone call?” Woohyun asked. 

 

 

Everyone, especially Howon, nodded their heads. Sungyeol plopped down and sat beside Woohyun.

 

 

Woohyun continued. “Jinhee was the one who called me, and she said that Junho had been acting suspiciously.”

 

 

“And to think that I let him cat-sit my poor Jureumie! What if something had happened to her?” Sungyeol exclaimed.

 

 

“That’s not the point,” Myungsoo pushed Sungyeol. “The point is that Junho has been doing suspicious things recently. Woohyun, why didn’t you tell us?”

 

 

“We weren’t completely sure that Junho had any bad intentions at all. He was just hanging around places where Sunggyu used to hide his weapons. It could’ve been a mere coincidence. So neither of us spoke up about it to anyone. But I did warn Somi about Junho..” Woohyun drifted off.

 

 

“I overheard part of your phone call,” Howon nodded.

 

 

“Wait, hold up. Did you just say Sunggyu? As in Kim Sunggyu, the kid in our class who disappeared years ago?” Myungsoo asked Woohyun, thinking about what Somi had told him about Sunggyu.

 

 

“I never liked him..” Sungyeol muttered. “But Somi did, a lot.”

 

 

Howon squirmed uncomfortably.

 

 

“Yup. That’s Sunggyu. Jinhee’s older brother,” Woohyun said.

 

 

“WHAT?!” Sungyeol exclaimed. “ARE YOU SAYING THAT MY JINJIN IS RELATED TO THAT CREEPY GUY?”

 

 

“Excuse me,” Woohyun looked offended. “That ‘creepy guy’ is one of my closest hyungs.”

 

 

Sungjong and Dongwoo watched confusedly. They had no idea who Sunggyu was. 

 

 

“Who’s Sunggyu?” Sungjong finally asked.

 

 

“Never mind that,” Howon shushed his younger brother. “We should go find Jinhee. She might know what to do.”

 

 

“Right,” said Sungyeol. “Her house is in this direction! Follow me!”

 

 

Sungyeol took off, and Woohyun followed quickly behind him. Myungsoo and Howon also began to run, and Dongwoo and Sungjong followed. 

 

 

~~~

 

 

All six boys were in front of Jinhee’s apartment. Sungyeol quickly punched in her code to get in. He threw open the door and ran to her room, and switched on the light. 

 

 

Everyone followed Sungyeol into Jinhee’s room and stared at Jinhee, who rolled over, still asleep.

 

 

“Jinhee-ah!” Woohyun called, causing Jinhee to sit up immediately and hit her head on the bed frame.

 

 

“AAH! What are you guys doing here?” Jinhee covered her bare face with her hands and peeked out at the six boys, who were crowded around her bed.

 

 

“SOMI NOONA IS GONE! JUNHO HYUNG KIDNAPPED HER!” Sungjong exclaimed.

 

 

Without another word Jinhee jumped out of bed and made her way over to her closet. She pulled out a Stanford sweatshirt and Adidas pants.

 

 

“Get out so I can change,” she ordered the boys, who quickly shuffled out of her room.

 

 

Jinhee changed into dark clothes as quickly as she could, pulled on a pair of Converse shoes, and stepped out of her bedroom. She closed her door behind her.

 

 

Everyone began to ask her questions.

 

 

“You’re Sunggyu’s little sister?” 

 

 

“Where is Sunggyu?”

 

 

“Is Junho really bad?”

 

 

“Do you know where Somi is?"

 

 

“Is Somi okay?”

 

 

“Where did Junho take Somi?”

 

 

Jinhee was flustered. “Please, guys let me think.”

 

 

Everyone made themselves at home on Jinhee’s couch, and began to engage in their own conversations. A few minutes later, Jinhee spoke up.

 

 

“I think I have a feeling as to where Junho is taking Somi. It’s a pretty long trip, and we have to leave before light comes. It’s 4:00 am now, so we should get going,” Jinhee said.

 

 

“Noona, what do we need to bring with us?” Sungjong asked.

 

 

“Don’t mind that. Let’s just go,” Jinhee said. “We have no time. Somi’s life is in danger right now.”

 

 

Howon stood up. “Her life is in danger? WHY ARE WE SITTING HERE? LET’S GO!” 

 

 

Howon zoomed out of the apartment building and everyone followed after him.

 

 

“He’s even more anxious than Sungyeol,” Woohyun remarked.

 

 

Jinhee led everyone to the exact same place that Sunggyu had led Somi to the day he disappeared.

 

 

It was still dark out, and all the lights in the buildings that they passed by were off.

 

 

“Jeonju looks pretty creepy at night,” Dongwoo remarked, and Sungjong nodded in agreement.

 

 

After walking to the edge of the city, they reached a fenced-off area. It was the same fence that Sunggyu had helped Somi over years ago. 

 

 

Howon climbed over first, then helped Sungjong up. Woohyun jumped the fence easily, and so did Dongwoo and Myungsoo. Sungyeol boosted Jinhee up, and he jumped over last.

 

 

“Where do we go now?” Howon could see no path except through the trees.

 

 

“Through there,” Jinhee pointed at the cluster of trees.

 

 

“I don’t.. want to go in there..” Dongwoo was scared. He was normally scared of ghosts and dark places, and going into dark woods at 4:00 am didn’t sound very appealing to him.

 

 

“Don’t worry hyung! Do this for Somi!” Sungjong encouraged him.

 

 

So carefully, Dongwoo followed the rest into the dark woods. 

 

 

No one could see anything, and there were fallen branches strewn around everywhere. Those who had their cellphones were able to use them to see what was in front of them, but they couldn’t see very far.

 

 

Jinhee seemed to know where she was going though, so everyone just blindly followed her.

 

 

“Everyone put your hands on the shoulders of whoever is in front of you. That way, we won’t lose each other!” Sungyeol said, putting his arms on Jinhee, who was leading everyone.

 

 

So everyone marched on together, holding into each other, until they reached a clearing. It was somewhat light out now, and birds were starting to sing. The sun hadn’t risen completely yet, though.

 

 

There was nowhere to go beyond the clearing. There was only a wall, which looked manmade, because it was made of bricks. However, it had a somewhat natural look to it, because it looked like it hadn’t been touched in years.

 

 

“What the heck! It’s a dead end!” Howon pounded the wall with his fists.

 

 

“Look up there,” said Jinhee, gesturing to a brick colored slightly different from the rest. It was sticking out, and everyone turned their attention to it immediately.

 

 

“I can't believe that's still there after so many years.. Can someone reach that brick?” she asked, and Myungsoo laughed.

 

 

“Sungyeol, be useful for once. Use your height to hit that brick,” Myungsoo said.

 

 

Sungyeol glared at Myungsoo. “Not nice, Myunggie.”

 

 

Sungyeol jumped and tried to hit the brick. He couldn’t reach it.

 

 

“Wait Jinhee-ah, can you come here?” Sungyeol asked, gesturing for Jinhee. He easily lifted her onto his shoulders and she was able to reach the brick.

 

 

“Sungjong, can you hand me a branch?” Jinhee asked, still sitting on Sungyeol’s shoulders.

 

 

“Here, noona!” Sungjong handed Jinhee a branch and she pushed in the sightly different colored brick. 

 

 

The grass suddenly split, revealing a hole. It was about five feet in diameter. Just big enough for one person to jump in at a time.

 

 

Jinhee pecked Sungyeol’s cheek as she got off his shoulders, and without another word, she jumped into the hole.

 

 

“…Jinhee?” Dongwoo peered into the hole that had opened up in the ground. It was dark, and he couldn’t see the bottom of it.

 

 

Howon took a deep breath and jumped right in, without saying a word.

 

 

“Jinhee? Howon?” Woohyun called out, and there was no response. Putting on a brave front, he braced himself and jumped in as well.

 

 

“JINJIN?” Sungyeol called. “Howon? Woohyun?”

 

 

Jinhee’s voice echoed back through the hole.

 

 

“Oppa, it’s okay! Come in! There’s some sort of padding here to help catch you!” Jinhee called, and Sungyeol jumped in as well. 

 

 

“I guess it’s my turn,” Myungsoo followed him.

 

 

Finally, Sungjong and Dongwoo jumped in together, barely fitting through the hole.

 

 

“Oomph,” the two of them landed on some sort of soft material and bumped their heads lightly.

 

 

Dongwoo looked around. It was dark, and there was only one path leading forward. The walls were dirt, and lamps were lit, leading the way.

 

 

Everyone heard a click, and they looked up to see the hole close up again.

 

 

There was no turning back.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

*Author’s Note: Hi guys! I started school again so my updates won’t be as frequent.. But I’ll update as soon as I can! Probably every few days, depending on my homework load!^^