My heart is racing. 내 맘이 뛰고 있어.

My Never-Changing Heart: 변하지 않는 내 마음

 ~

멀리서 니 미소를 봐

눈 앞이 흐릿하게 부서져

내 맘이 뛰고 있어 또

I see your smile from a distance,

you’re so dazzling that my eyes grow faint,

and my heart is racing again

~

 

 

“No! I’m not going!” Sungyeol pouted.

 

 

“Yes, you are,” Somi said, dragging Sungyeol off of the couch and into his room. “Get dressed.”

 

 

“Why should I go on a blind date when I could be here at home watching Infinity Challenge with Jureumie?” Sungyeol threw his hands into the air.

 

 

Somi looked at him and sighed. “Ha.. Seriously.. What am I going to do with you? Just get dressed.”

 

 

“Fine,” Sungyeol sighed, and shuffled Somi out of his room and slammed the door. “She better be pretty!”

 

 

~~~

 

 

“Woohyun, does this look okay?” Jinhee said, stepping out of her room with a pretty floral top and black shorts.

 

 

“Mhm! You look good in everything you wear!” Woohyun grinned greasily, and Jinhee threw him a heart and laughed.

 

 

“I’m happy to have a friend like you,” she said, and Woohyun chuckled.

 

 

“I know. I’m just that great, aren’t I?”

 

 

“Sure, think whatever you want,” Jinhee hit Woohyun on the back of his head and he just smiled.

 

 

“Remember, Sungyeol thinks that this is a blind date. So you need to look surprised when you see him. Don’t act like you knew it was going to be him,” Woohyun said.

 

 

“Okay,” said Jinhee.

 

 

“Don’t mess up. Don’t do something stupid. Don’t say stupid things, don’t ask stupid questions,” Woohyun advised.

 

 

“Okay,” said Jinhee again, not really paying attention to what Woohyun was telling her.

 

 

“Good luck,” Woohyun said. “Be at the theater in fifteen minutes! He’ll be there waiting for you.

 

 

~~~

 

 

“Somi!” Woohyun called, and Somi turned around and ran over to him.

 

 

They were standing in front of their apartment building, and Somi had just sent Sungyeol off to the movie theater for his “blind” date with Jinhee.

 

 

“Hi Woohyun! Is Jinhee ready?” Somi asked.

 

 

“Of course! She’ll be at the movie theater in no time. Hopefully Sungyeol arrives first, so she won’t have to wait,” Woohyun said.

 

 

“Oh, okay. I hope it ends well,” Somi hoped the best for both her brother and Jinhee.

 

 

“Well, let’s go!” Woohyun said, pulling Somi’s arm.

 

 

“…Go where?” She was puzzled.

 

 

“To spy on their date of course!” Woohyun smirked, and Somi nodded her head and the two of them made their way over to the movie theater.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Thump. Thump.

 

 

Sungyeol’s heart was actually beating fairly quickly as he waited for his blind date to show up.

 

 

“I wonder if she will like me.. Will she be pretty? Will I like her? She’ll be younger than me.. Right?” Sungyeol thought.“Lee Sungyeol. Why do you care? It’s just a random girl. Snap out of it.”

 

 

Sungyeol sighed and sat down on the bench right outside of the theater, and looked around, looking for the girl that might be his blind date.

 

 

“Hello.. Lee Sungyeol-sshi?” said a girl with a surprised look on her face.

 

 

Sungyeol looked at the girl who approached him, scanning her from head to toe.

 

 

“Hmm.. not bad,” he thought, and smiled up at the girl. 

 

 

“Oh! It’s one of Somi’s friends!” he suddenly remembered.

 

 

“Hi.. Jung.. Uh.. Park? Kim? Kim. Kim Junghee? Kim Jinhee-sshi?” Sungyeol stumbled on his words as he tried to remember the girl’s name.

 

 

“So he didn’t even remember my name,” Jinhee thought sadly. “Yes, I am Kim Jinhee.”

 

 

“Oh! It’s nice to meet you again,” Sungyeol said sheepishly, and Woohyun held in his laugh.

 

 

Woohyun and Somi were sitting somewhat near the two, and they were close enough to hear every single word that was said.

 

 

“Wow, of course, someone like him would forget her name,” Somi facepalmed, and Woohyun chuckled quietly.

 

 

“So.. Er.. What movie do you want to watch?” Sungyeol asked, and Jinhee thought for a moment.

 

 

“I’m not sure.. I’m not really up-to-date with all the recent movies. You can choose.”

 

 

“Okay.. Let’s watch.. Gangnam Blues!” Sungyeol suggested excitedly, and Jinhee sort of made a face.

 

 

Gangnam Blues was a movie with a lot of violence, action, and it even had some heated scenes.

 

 

“Oh my gosh. He’s such an idiot! He should’ve chose a romantic comedy,” Woohyun rolled his eyes, and Somi shook her head, agreeing with Woohyun.

 

 

“Call!” Jinhee said, still looking somewhat uncomfortable, but Sungyeol, who didn’t notice, eagerly went to buy tickets.

 

 

“Where do you want to sit?” Sungyeol said, as he chose their tickets on the interactive screen. “We don’t have many choices though. This movie is almost sold out! We can sit in the front, or we can sit in.. the love seats..”

 

 

“Umm.. I don’t really want to sit in the front,” Jinhee admitted.

 

 

“Okay.. Erm.. Well.. Then let’s sit.. In the love seats.. I mean.. This is a blind date right? So.. Since we’re technically on a date.. Yeah..” Sungyeol stuttered, and Jinhee secretly smiled to herself.

 

 

“He’s so cute,” she thought.

 

 

Woohyun snickered and Somi laughed. 

 

 

“Way to make it awkward, Lee Sungyeol,” Woohyun said, as he walked over to buy tickets for himself and Somi. 

 

 

Woohyun and Somi also chose to sit in the love seats. They would be diagonally behind Jinhee and Sungyeol. It would be the perfect spot to spy on them.

 

 

Woohyun and Somi bought two drinks, and two pretzels. They watched as Sungyeol and Jinhee bought one large popcorn, and one large drink.

 

 

“Jinhee is a HUGE germaphobe! I wonder how Sungyeol got her to share a drink with him!” Woohyun gasped, and Somi laughed.

 

 

"Oh, wait never mind. Look. They're buying another one," Woohyun said. "As expected of Kim Jinhee."

 

 

Sungyeol clumsily tried to carry both large drinks and the popcorn over to the theater.

 

 

“Here, I’ll help you with that,” Jinhee said, pulling the popcorn from Sungyeol’s arms, and Sungyeol grinned sheepishly.

 

 

“Thanks,” he said, and the two made their way into the theater, with Somi and Woohyun following behind them.

 

 

“Do you want to sit on the left, or on the right?” Sungyeol asked, and Jinhee shrugged her shoulders. 

 

 

They both sat down, and watched the movie previews. Jinhee glanced over to attempt to look at Sungyeol secretly, but instead, she caught him staring at her. She looked away, glad that the theater was dark. He wouldn’t be able to see her blush.

 

 

A few minutes later, the movie started, and she looked over towards him again. He was still staring at her, and they made eye-contact again. This time, Sungyeol looked away.

 

 

“Ah.. She’s so pretty,” he bit his bottom lip, and then took a sip of his Pepsi.

 

 

Jinhee felt thirsty all of a sudden, so she took a sip of her Coca-Cola as well.

 

 

~~~

 

 

“Kyaa! It’s Lee Minho oppa!” Somi squealed, and Woohyun laughed at her.

 

 

“Do you like him that much?” Woohyun bit into his pretzel, and Somi nodded her head.

 

 

“He’s so cool! Look at the way he moves and beats up those other gangs! Isn’t it cool?”

 

 

Woohyun just smiled at the way Somi was acting, and his face brightened up even more as Seolhyun came onto the screen.

 

 

“Aah! It’s AOA’s Seolhyun! Hey~ Hey~ AOA~” he started singing AOA’s song, Miniskirt, and Somi just shook her head at his behavior.

 

 

“She’s not that good at acting,” Somi remarked, and Woohyun glared at her.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Jinhee closed her eyes tightly as blood splattered all over the screen, and Sungyeol watched in excitement.

 

 

Then, he heard Jinhee whimpering beside him and looked over at her.

 

 

“Hey,” Sungyeol took his attention off the screen and put his arm around her, comforting her.

 

 

Jinhee looked up at him with wide-eyes, surprised at how close he was.

 

 

Sungyeol scooted in closer, and Jinhee closed her eyes, embarrassed.

 

 

“Sungyeol-sshi.. I’m usually.. not scared of these sorts of things, but this movie is so violent,” she said, and Sungyeol chuckled at her.

 

 

“Oh.. so she’s this type of girl, she’s the type of girl that acts strong and independent on the outside, but secretly she is the type that you want to protect,” Sungyeol thought, tightening his arm around her.

 

 

“Eww! Look at them!” Somi pointed at Sungyeol and Jinhee, and Woohyun laughed.

 

 

“Wow, Sungyeol-hyung is good at skinship,” he said, putting his arm around Somi. “I should learn from him.”

 

 

“Get off of me, you greaseball!” Somi pushed his arm off her shoulder with a smile, and Woohyun just laughed, and the two of them took their eyes off Sungyeol and Jinhee, and focused on the movie once again.

 

 

Bang! The sound of gunshots went on, as the movie got even bloodier. Jinhee leaned against Sungyeol’s shoulder, and he patted her head.

 

 

“It’s okay. Oppa will protect you,” Sungyeol said.

 

 

Jinhee’s heart stopped for a second.

 

 

“Oppa?” she said quietly, barely heard over the sound of the movie.

 

 

“Aren’t I your oppa?” Sungyeol questioned. “You’re still a high schooler!”

 

 

“I guess.. Sungyeol oppa..” Jinhee smiled to herself, and a wide grin spread across Sungyeol’s face.

 

 

Then, the scene changed. The main characters were making out, and Jinhee quickly jumped out of Sungyeol’s embrace, her cheeks red. 

 

 

Sungyeol was watching the scene, and then saw Jinhee looking at him. Both of them awkwardly laughed, and their throats suddenly felt dry again. They both took a sip of their drinks.

 

 

Somi and Woohyun didn’t feel awkward while watching the scene at all. They laughed at the cheesiness of the scene, and looked over to Sungyeol and Jinhee, who were no longer sitting close to each other.

 

 

“He could’ve kissed her,” Woohyun said, and Somi shook her head.

 

 

“Sungyeol might move fast, but he doesn’t move THAT fast,” she said.

 

 

The movie finally ended. Somi and Woohyun ran out of the theater and back to their apartment building as fast as they could, because they didn’t want to be suspected of spying by Sungyeol or Jinhee.

 

 

“It was nice spending the afternoon with you, Sungyeol-sshi.. I mean.. Sungyeol-oppa..” Jinhee said, and Sungyeol grinned at her.

 

 

“Yeah. I think it was great that we got to meet again, Jinhee-ah,” Sungyeol said with a grin, speaking informally to her.

 

 

“Let’s drop the formalities,” he said, and then put his hand out.

 

 

Jinhee looked at him questioningly.

 

 

“Can I see your phone?” Sungyeol asked, and Jinhee held out her phone.

 

 

Sungyeol quickly punched in a number, and his phone rang.

 

 

“Now I have your number, and you have mine! Let’s hang out again some other time,” Sungyeol said goodbye and skipped away happily.

 

 

Jinhee watched his figure walked into the distance, and smiled. Finally, her life was starting to get a little bit better.

 

 

“Sunggyu oppa.. It’s me. Jinhee. Your little sister might have finally found love. Is this how you felt about Somi? Do you know that she still loves you too?” Jinhee looked towards the north, thinking of her older brother who might still be out there.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

*Author’s Note: Aren’t Jinhee and Sungyeol so cute? I think Sungyeol could be a dependable boyfriend in real life.. If he wanted to be. He would probably drive his girlfriend crazy with his chodingness too.. Hehehe.. Oh yeah, and I personally really like Lee Minho, but I’ve never watched his movie, “Gangnam Blues” because it’s rated with violence and mature content. I don’t really like violent things... Sorry for not updating for two days! I was kind of occupied with other things.. And I’ve gained so many subscribers! Thank you guys, so much^^