Memories become fragments. 추억은 파면이 되어.

My Never-Changing Heart: 변하지 않는 내 마음

~

두 눈은 초점을 잃고

가슴엔 감각이 없고

추억은 파면이 되어 

흩어져

My two eyes lose their focus

my heart doesn’t feel anything

Our memories become fragments

and are spread about

~

 

 

 

“Nam Woohyun, what are you doing here? Were you spying on my date with Somi?” Junho narrowed his eyes.

 

 

“No,” Woohyun lied.

 

 

“Then what?” Junho asked.

 

 

“I was just walking around the park. Am I not allowed to go to the park near my apartment complex?” Woohyun shot back.

 

 

“Why are you being so feisty, Nam Woohyun? I didn’t do anything to you. And what do you mean by me hiding something? I have nothing to hide,” Junho said.

 

 

Woohyun sighed. He didn’t know if his hunch was right, or if Junho was telling the truth.

 

 

“Remember when you came to my house for that project? We were sitting on my room, and you asked me about the box on my desk,” Woohyun said. 

 

 

“And? It looked cool. It was something that I never had seen before. Can’t I be curious? Plus, we did that project last school year. Why are you bringing it up all of a sudden?” Junho glared at him.

 

 

“It’s just.. sorry. Sorry, Lee Junho, for accusing you of this, but something inside the box went missing,” Woohyun said. 

 

 

~~~

 

 

About a year ago…

 

 

Junho and Woohyun were sitting in Woohyun’s room, working on a project for biology.

 

 

“So, do you have any ideas of what we research? It needs to be something that will benefit the environment,” Woohyun said.

 

 

“Maybe we should do something about recycling wooden chopsticks. I read an article about it online, and it seemed pretty interesting,” Junho replied.

 

 

"It sounds great!” Woohyun said, pulling out a poster board and writing their names on it.

 

 

Junho took a seat at Woohyun’s desk, and picked up an object. It was the metal box that Sunggyu had left behind.

 

 

“What’s this?” Junho asked Woohyun.

 

 

Woohyun looked up and saw Junho touching the box from Sunggyu, and he sighed.

 

 

“Junho, can you put that down? It’s just a box that I use to store money,” Woohyun lied. 

 

 

“It’s cool.. Where did you get it? How do you unlock it?” Junho turned the box around in his hands.

 

 

“Put it down, please,” Woohyun said, and Junho set the box down.

 

 

“Geez, chill,” Junho set the box down and Woohyun weakly smiled and quickly exited his room to grab his laptop, where they would research. When he came back into the room, he looked at Junho, who was eyeing the keyhole of the box.

 

 

Woohyun shrugged it off.

 

 

A few days later, Junho came back to Woohyun’s house. He didn’t pay any attention to the box, so Woohyun forgot all about it until the day that he opened the box with Somi.

 

 

~~~

 

 

“Just because something in the box was missing, you accuse me?” Junho sighed.

 

 

“Well..” Woohyun began.

 

 

“I’m sick of everyone acting like I’m a bad guy. I’m not! I’m just.. not really a positive person? Geez, you idiotic people don’t even know my situation,” Junho rolled his eyes and walked away.

 

 

“But I’m pretty sure.. he had something to do with whatever was in the box,” but Woohyun was starting to become less and less sure.

 

 

~~~

 

 

The next day at school was awkward for both Junho and Woohyun.

 

 

As class president, Woohyun had to go around and take roll. He acted like nothing happened but Junho sent him looks of resent.

 

 

Jinhee noticed the weird gestures going on between the two, and called both of the boys to a meeting at lunch time.

 

 

The three of them were outside by the soccer field. Junho and Woohyun glaring at each other, and Jinhee was standing in between them.

 

 

“Now, now. Children. Let’s not fight,” Jinhee said.

 

 

“I’m older than you, shut up,” Woohyun said. 

 

 

“The guy actually has a point,” Junho added. Jinhee just rolled her eyes.

 

 

“What is wrong with you guys? You guys are making the atmosphere in the classroom so awkward,” Jinhee said.

 

 

“Actually, I think you’re the only one who noticed. This is our business, and not yours, so screw off, Kim Jinhee,” said Junho.

 

 

“Hey, don’t talk to her like that,” Woohyun said. “She has a right to know, anyways. He’s her brother.”

 

 

Junho’s eyes widened for a second, and Jinhee watched him carefully. His expression turned normal again right away. "Who's your brother?"

 

 

“Kim Sunggyu is my brother,” Jinhee said.

 

 

“Who’s Kim Sunggyu?” Junho had a confused expression on his face.

 

 

“Okay. Act like you don’t know then,” Jinhee said. “I’d recognize your face anywhere, Lee Junho. Even after all these years.”

 

 

“You must be mistaken. I’m not whoever the heck who you think I am. I don’t know what you are talking about, Kim Jinhee,” Junho said Jinhee’s name with newfound hatred.

 

 

“Jinhee, what are you doing?” a girl’s voice said.

 

 

“Somi!” Jinhee said, and Somi just stared at her. Somi was holding a triangle kimbap in one hand and banana milk in the other. Howon stood behind her, quietly watching the scene.

 

 

“What do you want with my boyfriend? Leave him alone!” Somi demanded, glaring at Jinhee.

 

 

“You shouldn’t date Junho. I already warned you. Do I need to warn you again?” Jinhee said, and Woohyun quietly nodded in agreement. Howon just watched with wide eyes, as Junho came over and pulled Somi into a hug.

 

 

“Somi! I missed you,” Junho said as he held Somi in his embrace. Junho had a smug look on his face as he smirked at Jinhee and Woohyun.

 

 

Somi felt awkward, and thought of Sunggyu for a slight second, but then she thought of Junho’s smiling face. She shyly hugged him back.. 

 

 

“I guess I’m really letting go of Sunggyu oppa. It’s about time, anyways,” Somi thought, as Junho broke off from the hug.

 

 

“Whatever. I warned you. Don’t listen to me, then,” Jinhee spat.

 

 

Jinhee walked away, and Woohyun followed slowly behind her. Junho waved goodbye to Somi and went off to eat lunch with Chansung. Somi and Howon sat down on the soccer field.

 

 

“So.. how’s Junho?” Howon asked Somi.

 

 

“I’m not stupid, Howonnie,” Somi laughed. “I saw you and Woohyun watching us while we were on our date yesterday.”

 

 

Howon mentally facepalmed. Was he that obvious?

 

 

“I know you are worried for me, as I would be worried for you on your first date. But don’t! Junho treats me well. Don’t spy on our dates again,” Somi continued, and smiled at Howon.

 

 

“I won't.. I just wanted to make sure you were safe with him,” Howon awkwardly grinned and pulled Somi’s banana milk out of her hands and sipped it.

 

 

“Hey! That’s my banana milk!” Somi protested, but Howon held it behind his back.

 

 

“I bought it,” he grinned, and finished the whole carton.

 

 

“Yah!” Somi hit him, and Howon just laughed, putting his arm around her with a bright smile on his face.

 

 

~~~

 

 

“Wait for me, Woohyunnie!” Somi ran over to Woohyun, who was leaving the school campus.

 

 

“Oh, hi Somi! I thought you were waiting for Junho to finish soccer practice, so I didn’t wait to walk home with you,” Woohyun said.

 

 

“Nope.. He’s going out to the arcade with Chansung and Howon after practice ends, and I need to get home to start my calculus assignment,” Somi said.

 

 

“What a responsible student,” Woohyun chuckled and blinked. “Oh yeah, want to do something fun?”

 

 

He wiggled his eyebrows and Somi laughed. “What is it that you want to do?”

 

 

“You know how Jinhee likes your brother, right?” Woohyun said, and Somi laughed. She was a little annoyed at Jinhee for bothering Junho, but she still considered Jinhee a friend.

 

 

“What about it?” she asked. “Do you want to hook them up or something?”

 

 

“Let’s set them up on a blind date, and then spy on them! It will be fun,” Woohyun grinned, and Somi nodded her head eagerly.

 

 

“A blind date it is! This will be fun!” Somi giggled, thinking of her older brother on a blind date.

 

 

“Okay, so the plan is…”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

*Author’s Note: This was kind of just a filler-chapter! Sorry if this chapter was kind of short/boring! =_= The next chapter will be about Sungyeol and Jinhee’s blind date, planned by Woohyun and Somi :3 AND OMG I found a gif that has Howon and Junho in it^^