Side Story - YoonGi : "The Little Angel"

What Heart Says

Yoona walked slowly to the swing in the park. She saw this little girl still sit while eating her last peace of chocolate. Her hair blow by wind and her cheeks turn pink already because of the cold weather. Yoona then come and sit beside her. The little girl named Mari turn her ehad and smiled once she saw yoona sitting.

“OH, teacher Yoona !” she said cheerfully.

“Annyeoon Mari chan” yoona said and make the girl giggled. Mari, her student in violin class never gets bored when she called her with chan in the end. She liked that. “Why are you still here ? Your mother don’t come yet ?”

“Aniyo. Today my mother doesn’t pick me up. My haraboji sick”

“Eh ? So who pick you up ?”

“Me” suddenly a bass voice came from her behind. Yoona turn around only to find a hansome man stand behind her. His hair is black jet colored, his eyes really bright and his smile is somehow really cool. Well the weather is cool indeed but, this handsome man is breath taking. Wait. Wake up Im Yoona !!!

“Oh, annyeonghasseyo” yoona stand and bowed.

“Samchon!!!!” mari chirped

“Annyeonghasseyo. Mari samchon, Lee Seung Gi” he said and smile give yoona a handshake

“Oh, Annyeonghasseyo Mari teacher, Im Yoona”

“Thank you for accompany her here”

“Oh aniyoo” yoona said.

“Samchon, can we drove teacher yoona to her house ?”

“Oh sure, honey” seunggi said and lifted mari “just asked her if she want to” he continue and give her a genuine smile.

Crap. Yoona thought. “Hm… its okay. I just take the bus” yoona said

“Andwee teacher, today is sooooo colddd you’ll freezing brrrr” mari said cutely.

“Yeah teacher yoona, look your lips already pale. You are freezing” seunggi said following mari tone and that successfully made yoona laugh

“Okay okay if you gusy insisted” she said and mari cheer happily.

This samchon of Mari sure be a rich man. Ugh what he do by the way ? Is he a business tycoon or something ? Because its impossible if somebody with a usual job like her could buy this kind of car. Well not even car, sometimes for bought a fancy food seems makes yoona thinking twice. She’s not a parsimonious type of person. But she live in Seoul only alone, Her parents already died and she lived only with her aunt and sometimes with seohyun parents. She just a teacher and sometimes would be a violin private teacher.

“What are you thinking ?” suddenly seunggi asked.

“Nothing” she smiled

“Liar” he snickered “Are you uncomfortable because you sitting in very stranger car while his niece sleep in your arms like a baby cow sleep ?” he asked.

“What ?” yoona then laugh a little “You are so weird” she continue and saw mari head almost fell from her shoulder. She carefully make her head stay in her shoulder while humming a lullaby.

“Are you married ?”

“No..”

“Really ? For a single woman you look like you already married”

“Well, I teach a kiddos that’s why” yoona answered. “and what did you do ?”

“What ?”

“You do… Job ..?” Yoona asked carefully.

“I’m a trader”

“What did you sell ?”

“kidney”

“WHAT ?”

“Nooo, just kidding” he the laugh with yoona disbelief expression “You should look yourself teacher yoona”

“Aish sinchaa~” yoona muttered. Lucky you handsome, if not….

“I often saw you”

“What ?”

Seunggi chuckled and smirked “See ? You are spacing out”.

“No I’m not. I just cant heard your voice” yoona defended herself.

“I said, I often saw you”

“Oh really ? where ?”

“In your tutor place. You often walk with the girl who have a tanned skin to your home. Or sometimes you fetched by friends of yours who have a white skin and long curly brown hair with a white car”

“Ahh~ the one you said tanned is my sister, Yuri Unnie. She own a chicken restaurant, and the one you said with a car. Its Seohyun my best friend”

“Ah I see”

“Wait, did you often fetch mari ?”

“Yeah, many times. I saw you from far”

“Okay that’s sounds creepy” yoona jokingly said. And make the guy named Lee Seung Gi amused. “Nah, that’s my apartment building” yoona pointed the apartment building with a cream color. She opened her seatbelt and put Mari on the chair. She make her use the seat belt and then walk out. “thank you so much for your ride. Its so nice of you” yoona said “I’ll go inside, please take care” she then bowed and seunggi just nodded.

“Wait, teacher yoona” seunggi suddenly walk out and reach yoona. “You wont avoiding me if we met, right ?”

“Why would I ?”

“Because you think I’m a stranger”

“No, I know your name Mr. Not stranger who sell kidneys” yoona said jokingly.

Seunggi laugh a bit and scratch his not itch back head. “So, if I’m not a stranger, can you give me your phone number ?”

“o..okay..” yoona said shyly and bit her lower lip. After give seunggi her number, she then walk to her building  and saw seunggi car not moved yet until she walked to elevator. Oh truly gentleman!!! Yoona squealed in her mind.

------

Its been a month since both of them exchange their phone number. Even their text justshort, it successfully make Lee Seung Gi, a Business tycoon smile like a crazy falling in love teenager. He liked Yoona from the first time he laid his eyes in that beauty girl. He saw Yoona for the first time in Mari School. He came early to fetch Mari because traffic is not jamming. He saw Mari class and he listen yoona teach English very well. She so cute when she sing a song with the childreen. But that day he not approached her, because he saw she hurriedly walked to other place.

The next time is when Seunggi asked by his noona to fetch Mari at her violin class. Lazy at first but substituted with saw yoona appearance. No wonder she look so busy, she do 2 jobs at the same times. So from that day on, he would always observed Yoona when he got chance. Creepy sounded maybe, but to him its more than enough.

And now, he got her number, what he asked more ?

His phone beeped suddenly. He saw it’s a text from yoona

“Going to Seohyun graduation ^^”

“Where is that ?”

“SNU of course, she so smart”

“You smart either teacher yoona”

In a month, Seunggi get know yoona is a cumlaude students. Well technically laude, but practically, She is get into acceleration class when she in high school. It answer question why she graduation first before seohyun, her elementary school friend -until-now-best friend. Yoona doesn’t get into SNU, but she made it to Dongguk in Literature major.

“But she’s genius Mr. Kidneys, she got the highest score also and the standart of SNU and Dongguk totally different, and fyi. Her family got into there too :o”

Oh crap, even in the message she could be that cute ? Eotthoke ? Seunggi smiled in himself like crazy ahjussi. He still bitting his lips while smiling until someone called him loud

“YAH Lee seung Gi !!!” the voice said. Seunggi felt like flying to nine clouds and the felt down. It hurts anyway.

“Yah, did you have to scream ?”

“I called you 7 times already you ppabo” the woman smack his head

“Yah yah no need to do that, I’m old enough” he said annoyingly.

“Whatever, Are you in meeting in 5 pm ?”

“I don’t know, that’s what I hired my secretary. To you asked her, dear noona”

“Just answer dear dongsaeng ? I need you to fetch Mari today”

“In her course place ?” seunggi asked excitedly.

“Yeah, wae ?” the woman named Lee Sora raised one her eyebrows in curious “Yah, do you have any flings over there, don’t you ?” she askes suspiciously.

“Aniyoo~ it just nice walk with your daughter, Why don’t you fetch her anyway ?”

“My husband need me to accompany him in international meeting, you know him right ? Always wants beside me~” Sora said trying to be cute

“ewh noona, you are disgusting. A  30 years old woman trying aegyo is disgusting you know”

“Yah you rascal !! Ugh, just fetch my little daughter pleaseeee”

“Ahrrasoo” seunggi said and lean back to his chair and chat for a while with his noona.

----

Yoona tidy up her violin when someone give her a rose. She looked up and saw Seohyun smiling at her “Waeyo ? Today is your graduation, not me” she said in confused.

“Its not from me. Why would I give you roses anyway ?” Seohyun said and laugh a little “its from somone”

“Nugu ?”

“Mwolla, the guy you didn’t told me yet ? he came to fetch Mari”

“Ahh, I see. This is from him ?” yoona said and took the rosses. “Why did he don’t come in ?”

“He said he run to another meeting”

“Hmm..” yoona the look at the card and read ‘call me tonight ?’ and smiled blushing

“Eiyyyy” seohyun .

“What ?”

“Yeah ‘what?’ fool me as you want… but we friends since elementary school and shared room for 6 years” seohyun said in michivieous smile. True, she raised well with seohyun parents when she got into elementary school.

“Arrasho, I told you latter. Not here”

“Okaayy”

“You here to fetch me ?”

“Yeah, I want to treat you samgyupssal”

“YEAAYY ahh I’m hungry now”

“Eish sikshin… palli ka, come here your violin , let me take that” seohyun said and get the violin from yoona hands.

Yoona look eagain at the flower she just receive and smiled. Oh what did she do until deserve something like this ? She the jogged to Seohyun and get into her car.

********

Yoona looked at the empty chair and blink her eyes again. Its been 4 days Mari didn’t came to school and she didn’t came too to her course. What happened ? She try to asked Seunggi, but seems that the guys she try to reach don’t answer. She the let out a big sigh. Well he probably like in his business travel. But, what happened with Mari ?  

“Teacher yoona ?” someone called her. It was her friend, Suzy a vocal teacher.

“Ne ?”

“Someone looking for you, outside”

“Nuguya ?” yoona asked worriedly.

“I don’t know, a guy” she said “Palli ka, he said its important”

“Ahra, can you handle this for second ?” she asked and suzy just nodded. Yoona walked outside and found seunggi standing near the administration desk. She walked to him and he turn around. Something comes up she sure, because it write in all over seunggi face. “Annyeong ?” she smile

Seunggi just smile and then come closer to her. “Hi, how are you”

“Fine, how about you ? Why mari didn’t comes to school ?” she asked to the point, well she want to asked seunggi why did he never contact her, but, for what anyway ? She now just curious with Mari.

“This is the reason why I came. Something happened. Mari Sick. She wants to meet you and… and” seunggi said and yoona can see he try hard to hold on his tears. “She wants to play violin with you”

“What ?” yoona asked.

“Are you can come with me ? Please” seunggi said.

“Alright, let me packed my stuff. Wait outside” Yoona said and seunggi just nodded. She then walked to her room and whispered to suzy that she need to do something emergency. Suzy just volunteered replace her. And yoona went to the hospital with seunngi.

It was a silent situation in the car. Yoona wants to talk, but she hesitated. Seunggi was a humble guy, why’d he now just silent ? However, curious make her wants to died. So she decided to ask “What happened to Mari ?”.

 “Mari got a heart disease since she was born. She survive because of medicine and the hospital treatment. 4 days ago, mari collapsed and that time doctor announce that she need the heart donors immediately, and the donors never found. There’s no cure for her. Mari…” Seunggi felt his chest really hard to breath “Mari dying”

“What…?” yoona gaped. She blink her eyes. Her eyes already in tears. She couldn’t hold it anymore. “Mari” she mumbled. She still remember that Mari is a cheer kid and clever. Her mother is so beautiful. That’s why mari got a beautiful face. She’s also a lovely kid. And because of her too, she met This guy. Yoona always called her a beautiful cupid.

They got into hospital and headed to the sterile room. She wear a lab gown and comes into a door. She saw so many machine in there, and mari lying helplessly in the bed. She still smiling to her mother despite her pale face.

“Oh, teacher yoona” she said.

“Annyeong mari-chan” yoona said and come closer

“Hehehe annyeong. Too bad that you cant kiss me hihih” she said and giggling, yoona know she must be hurt in somewhere “Teacher yoona, see ? My mother doesn’t want to stop crying. I already told her that everything would be okay” she blabbering

Yoona take a look to the Sora who cry pretty bad. She give her a genuine smile. She then walk to Mari “I heard that you want to duet ?” she asked and pulled out her violin.

“Yeah, but.. I’m too tired to duet. Can you please played me something teacher ?” she asked.

“Your tired why don’t you sleep ?”

“After you played, I’ll sleep” she said. She then smile to everyone “I want everybody here. Eomma, appa, samchon, haraboji, please stay beside me, listen to this song. This is really great. Teacher Yoona is the best one!” she continue.

Yoona then prepared to played her violin “Mari-chan, this song is the one that we learnt last time in courses, Thousand years by Christina perri. You said that you want to play it in charity next month, remember ? Listen now” yoona said. Mari just smile and nodded. Yoona started to touch the violin strings and try to focus even though her mind now really dark. She started to play the songs. This song, a Christina Perri A Thousand Years, Mari once said that she really loves this song. She wants to play this song in the charity next month. A general charity who held in her school every year. But she still learn to be perfect. Yoona tears already fall in her cheek. She kept playing her violin while closed her eyes.

“I love you for a thousand more…” and with that last lyrics in her mind. She heard that. The heart monitor stopped, and everyone burst in tears. Mari died. She died in peace like she always want to. Yoona looked at the body. And her cheek lovingly “Sleep well mari-cha. We love you. Teacher know that you tired. Please sleep mari-chan, please rest. There’s no more hurts in your body. Sleep well little angel” she said and kiss her forehead. She turn around and saw Mari family already in tears. She try to slipped out from room. She couldn’t saw this. But when she walk to the door, when she saw seunggi stared at the body with blank stare. She come over and seunggi looked at her. Just like a permission, Yoona nodded and spread her arms. Seunggi just came over and cry in her arms, and so do with yoona. Today, the on ewho make them together is gone forever. They both always thank the little mari who mae them meet in the good way.

“Ettohkee” she hears seunggi mumbling in her neck. Yoona just tap his head lovingly. She knew this man is really hurt, because Seunggi said million times that he really loved Mari, his all the time favorite niece. Also her favorite student and angel.

Mari buried in her family grave in a hill. Her graved is surrounded by people who loved her so much. She knew that these people loved her, and she would be happy If she saw this moment in heaven. Yoona standing not far from people. She holding a lavender flower. Something that Mari loved. When her named being called, she come closer and put the flowers at the top of Mari’s coffin. She smiled and started to speak.

“I already make a speech at home, but, it gone on my way to here. Mari, I know her from her school. I’m her home teacher, English teacher also her violin teacher. She’s a great kid. Beautiful, smart, diligent and never give up. Actually o just knew about her disease hours before her died. But its okay, at least I knew. She often said that she wants to be a great violin someday. I still remember how her little body struggling bring her blue favorite violin for the first time we met and from that day on she always be my favorite one. She  really wants to perform in front of many people next month at the charity with that blue violin, but unfortunately she cant. But its okay, Mari-chan. You could always play your violin in heaven along with you fellow angels. She’s an angel for me. I’m sure she’ll be happy in there. No more pain, no more medicine, no more machines. Goodbye our friend, our little angle, you always in our heart” yoona end her speech and back to her seat. She could saw seunggi stared at the coffin and his eyes blank.

Yoona walked slowly from the cemetery and lowered her head. Just then she felt something caught her wrist. She looked behind and saw seunggi “Mari would be happy if we going together now” he said and give her a picture. Yoona looked a picture. It was mari’s the picture contained her, haraboji, eomma, appa, seunggi samchon and teacher yoona. In that picture yoona was holding hands with seunggi. “She really wants to saw me married, but she couldn’t. Now at least I have a date”

“You do ?” yoona asked.

“Yeah, in front of me” he continue and yoona just smiled shyly “Shall we eat together ?” he asked and give his hand. Yoona take a look to the picture and smile to him, she grabbed seunggi hand and walk away from the cemetery.

*********

4 Years later…

Yoona walked in hospital alley and saw her phone repeatedly. She grumbled. She’s now holding a fruits and teddy bear and trying hard to open the message where the location is. Suddenly someone tap her shoulder lightly. She turn around and saw her boyfriend grinning widely “Need help madam ?”

“Oh I don’t know that hospital have a bellboy ?” she asked teasingly.

“No, I’m not. I’m your forever your guardian angel ma’am” he continue and grab the fruits and hel her shoulders “Wuah you are soooo beautiful” he said and kiss her cheek.

“Yah yah, what kind of guardian angel that kiss the owner ?”

“Omo yoona-si, you are so selfish want to have me alone ?”

Yoona blushed hard and smack his arm “You wish to die oppa ?” she asked.

“Aniyoo~ How’s my fiancée doing ?”

“Fine, just really hard got the taxi. Lucky me seohyun wants to drive here” she said and kiss her fiancé named Lee Seunggi at the cheek. “Where’s the room ?” she asked.

“There, come on” seunggi said and grab he shoulder. They both walked together. Ever since Mari died and they dated at café, both of them started to in relationship, and last month at the new year eve, Seunggi proposed to her and she said yes.

They both entered the room and yoona could smell happiness in there. She looked at the woman who lying at the bed holding a small baby. Yes its Sora, she and her husband, Jungsoo have another baby after 2 years mari died and now, the second dongsaeng of mari born.

“Annyeong unnie” yoona chirped.

“Anyeong yoona-ah. Say hello to baby Daeho” sora said holding the cute newborn child

“Hello baby Daeho ! This is Yoona Imo~” she said and rubbed the baby cheek gently. Just then she felt that her arms being poked. She turn around and saw a little girl smiling at her. Its Mari first dongasaeng named Hara. Hara its just like Mari carbon copy. Her eyes is just like Mari and her attitude very same with her late unnie. “Oh, annyeong hara noona” yoona said.

“Imo, wont you kiss me ?”

Yoona chuckled and bent down she kiss the little girl “There there for the beautiful girl”

“Gomawwooo” she said and hug Yoona waist.

“Yah Lee seunggi, pali ka get married and give my son friend, see ? Your fiancé is more than ready to have child” said jungsoo

The room filled with the burst of laugh. Seunggi just laugh and kiss yoona in the cheek while yoona just shy and smiling

Maybe they have their lost at first, but with the lost they could filled the empty with the happiness one. Mari is truly an angel. Because of her, Yoona and Seunggi now happily and loved each other, complete each other.

You can be sad at first , but you can't be forever in sadness. You have to learnt how to let go of something. 

 

 

 

---------

This post dedicated to my late niece, Thalia. Hope you always happy there my little girl :)

Also to my bestbuddy, twin sister, friends, enemy who got sick :p here i made seunggi fanfic for you :p 

 

Enjoyyy ^^ the Yongseo would be in next chapter, who wants a wedding ? kkk :^) leave your comments below, how i suppossed to be making the grand wedding of our couple. Comments inspired me :) 

Thank you for subscribers, hope you also love this story. See you.

 

 

ps : as always, ignore typo !!!