The Truth

He's Not A Bad Guy

Finally after three boring days in an empty white silent room, Sungyeol started nagging and insisted on going home, but the doctor didn't let him to. He said Sungyeol had to stay until they receive the experiments result from hispital lab. Sungyeol spent his days by watching basketball matches on TV, sometimes drawing, and reading books that Sungjong had brought from home. He could use his right hand easily but his leg was torturing him. He had to bear the pain mostly because he had to take his team's doctor's advice not to take much painkiller drugs. He was alone till night when Hoya could manage to visit him. Sungjong was so busy working as both scriptwriter and radio program host and could hardly make time to stay by Sungyeol's side. Sungyeol was alright staying alone. He just had problems to use the toilet and also he was borred. The only thing that made him really furious was the fact that he had lost to his ever-lasting rival. He couldn't forget that night.

-Rise and shine Yeollie!

Hoya walked in with his hands full of plastic sacks which were supposed to be food! Sungyeol looked at the clock on the table beside his bed and said.

-Can't you see it's too dark to rise and shine hyung? I have even eaten my dinner.

-But I got your favorit fish cakes! Eat before the nurses notice.

-I eat that too, don't worry.

Hoya put the fish cakes on the table beside the bed for his brother to enjoy his delicious snaks and sat on the edge of the bed.

-What did you do today, Yeol-ah?

-Nothing. Eating, sleeping, and watching TV, oh I read books too.

He answered as he was busy munching his fish cakes.

-They told me not to eat so much. I have to be fit when I come back to the team.

-Sungyeol-ah... mom called me today.

Only one sentence was enough for Sungyeol to freeze and stop eating.

-You don't know how much she cried on the phone. She wants to meet you.

-But I'm okay. Why is she so worried?

-I told her the same but she misses you. She said she wants to come but Dad doesn't let her.

They both stayed silent for a minute until Hoya added.

-Sorry it's all my fault. I'm the reason that you and Sungjong are not allowed to see Mom.

-It's not. Don't blame yourself. You've done nothing wrong.

-It's my fault. I didn't obay Dad and ran away, and you two followed me. And I wasn't capable to shoulder the responsibility.

-We followed our dreams not you. Even if you didn't live in Seoul, Sungjong and I would come to Seoul anyway. That was our own wish.

Hoya picked a fish cake, but just took in his hand and did nothing.

-It's not your fault that our father is a traditional man. It's not your fault that you have chased your dream. I see you as a role model hyung.

Hoya raised his head to look at his now muture brother. Sungyeol warmed his heart only with a beam on his lips.

Meanwhile the doctor and two nurses entered the room with the results they were waiting for. And it was too soon for their little peace to finish. When the doctor said Sungyeol might not be able to run again, or even walk properly, all dreams they were happy about was ruined.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Every moment, every second, was full of fear for Sunggyu. Each time Dongwoo looked at him he found his client more stressed than before. He tried his best to make loose his nervousness but he knew it wasn't going to work as Sunggyu was in a very fragile condition.

They got to the orphanage and headed straightly to the management department. There was so different from the one that Sunggyu used to stay at. It was more modern and with more blocks and classes for the children. You could guess it just by looking at the huge building. As they entered, Dongwoo went through the official process as Sunggyu's representative, describing the condition and showing all the official documents to prove they were doing their researches legally. As what they were looking for was private informations, they also had a recomendation letter from Dr. Park to get the allowance of checking Sunggyu's brother's documents. The manager got a file from the archieve and showed them the resume papers.

-The boy you are looking for is… yes, here. Name: Lee Myungsoo. Date of birth: March 13, 1992. Name given by the family who adopted him in 1993. Moved to Japan after the adoption.

-Excuse me, can you explain more about the family.

Dongwoo asked for more informations as he was somehow shoked.

-The parents names: Lee Youngmin born in 1956 and Choi Jimin 1959. Their daughter Lee Yejin born on 1989. Looking for a baby boy to adopt legally as their child. The male parent is a bussinessman in Tokyo and is totally qualified to take the child's responsibility.

Dongwoo's mouth was dried as he was astonished after hearing the explanaions and seeing the family members' individual photos. The photos were for the time that the parents were so young but Dongwoo could surely recognize their faces. He next asked nervousely for a copy of the papers for his report files.

-Do you know the family Dongwoo-ssi?

Asked Sunggyu, surprised at Dongwoo's reaction.

-I'll tell you later.

They recieved the copies and left the department. Dongwoo was walking so fast and angrily out of the building, resulting Sunggyu to run after him.

-Wait, Dongwoo-ssi. Answer me, do you know that family?

The detective stopped at his place freezing at the place, turning to his client and saying what he would never imagine to say one day.

-Of course I know them. They're my in-laws.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Myungsoo got on the bus and went to the middle of the seat rows, chose a cozy single seat and made himself relaxed, with his earphones in his ears, listening to Moonlight as he was taking the was to ho home. He had never tried to listen to the program before even though he was aware that Sungjong was its scriptwriter, but since the main host was busy and Sungjong was the replacement, Myungsoo had been listening it everynight. He wondered what would happen if Nam Sunggyu was not able to come back anymore. In that case Myungsoo would turn into an obsessed fan of Moonlight.

-It's an honor to meet Sung Sikyung-ssi here. I must welcome you sunbae-nim. You are a perfect radio DJ yourself. I hope I can learn it from you.

Myungsoo smiled at Sungjong's greeting. The program went on with family as its main plot. Myungsoo listened it with a secret grin on his lips every time Sungjong's voice was heard. He was thinking when did he started to feel his heart fluttering for Sungjong. When did he began to send the guy to his heart. When did he fall in love. He was planing to confess to Sungjong soon, but he knew the boy had been so stressed recently because if his brother and working till so late as both host and the writer. Every night, had to say something, had to have something to say to people, and for a person whose mund is that messed up, it wasn't that simple. So Myungsoo didn't intend to make Sungjong busier with his confession. The Christmas was in less than two weeks, it would be the best time for Myungsoo to reveal his secret.

The bus stopped at Myungsoo's station. He walked home the rest of the way still listening to his cellphone radio. He wanted to go for a walk near the apartment but as he still didn't know the neighbourhood, decided not to. The only person who knew Seoul well among them was Dongwoo and he was too busy to take Myungsoo or even his wife to restaurants, cafe, or show them the famous librarries. Myungsoo wished to experience all these with Sungjong, but he had to wait.

 

-I'm home.

He said as he walked in taking off his shoes.

-Did you eat at work?

-No.

-I heat the rice, get change and eat.

-I'm not hungry now. I'll heat it myself later. You go work on your reports, noona.

He entered his room and lied on the bed without changing his clothes. The earphones were still fixed in his ears. Now Sung Sikyung was singinig a ballad song. The song sounded like a lullaby to Myungsoo, and his eyelids were heavy. He closed his eyes and fell in a deep sleep for hours.

The same deam had come back to him. The same hand, the same fingers around his wrist. It felt different then. It didn't give him the unknown safety as before. Something bothered him. An annoying aura was surounding his heart. The aura of loneliness. He tried to pull his wirst back, but the fingers were holding it so tight. He had to free his hand, he shouted loudly, pleading the hand to let go of his. He wished someone wake him up and save him from the grip. As he was begging and shouting, the fingers slid over his hand and the grip was loosened, and he was awake.

Myungsoo was panting heavily, all his body was drenched in sweat. He could feel his eyes were wet and found he had been crying. He took a deep breath and sat up, took off his jacket and turtleneck sweater and put on a random shirt he found beside his bed. He left the room to go to the restroom. Yejin's room's light was still on but the living room was dark. Myungsoo looked at the clock and saw it was half past two. When he was passing the kitchen he saw the entrance door being opened and Someone walked in.

-Oh Dongwoo hyung, you're back.

He said in a broken voice. Now he found his throat was dried too. Dongwoo didn't say anything. He just looked at Myungsoo blankly. His expression showed nothing but how exhuasted he was. It was dark so Myungsoo didn't notice the dark circles around Dongwoo's eyes. Dongwoo bent his head and left to his shared room with his wife. Myungsoo had never seen him this way. He was wondering if something had happened to his brother-in-law. He shrugged and went to the bathroom, washed his face and looked himself in the mirror. He remembered the dream he had seen just minutes ago.

-What was it about? Who is the person taking my hand there? Was…

-I had no other choice.

His sleepy eyes were poped open as wide as possible as he heard his sister shouting.

-Are they fighting, but hyung's just arrived.

He went to the living room and heard them both shouting. So they had a quarrel. Myungsoo went to the kitchen to drink water. He filled the glass and came to the livingroom again.

-I am not going to be assumed of what you are saying about me.

-I don't assume you of anything, but this is not a childish game, playing with someone's life.

-My parents just wanted him to have a peaceful life as their son.

-But he had the right to know the truth. You thought he would never find out?

Myungsoo was chocked drinking water and frowned. Whom they were talking about? Was it him?! Or maybe they…

-Myungsoo is not a child. His real family is waiting for him. His real brother wants him back. And he himself doesn't know who he actually is.

His heart was pounding. He heard his name and some other words like: real, brother, the truth, and family.

-Myungsoo is my brother, even if we are not blood-related, even if he has another parents or family members.

Lies. They had been telling lies all these years. Myungsoo wasn't their son. Then who was he? A boy they had take in? Now they were saying it, shouting it out loud. He was standing behind the door, the glass in his hand half-empty. He heard the truth, finding it by his own. They didn't tell him directly, he had to evesdrop to find it. Suddenly the door opened and Dongwoo came out. He stood still as he saw Myungsoo there. Now that the light from the inside of the room was on Myungsoo could see everything. The dark circles of Dongwoo's eyes, the exhusted furious face, the surprused look in Yejin's eyes, and the truth. His sight qas blured by tears of disblief as he said.

-What the hell are you two talking about?

 

∞∞∞∞

 

Have a good time listening to Reality album. Love ya ♥