How To Make It Up

He's Not A Bad Guy

-Wow! It's so beautiful!

-Don't pretend as if it's your first time watching it.

-But it's the most beautiful I've ever seen.

Sungjong was watching the fireworks the way as his whole body had turned into eyes. The beauty of the art made his heart pound. He was right. It was the most beautiful one he had ever seen. The sky was colored with several colors and Sungjong cheered each time a new color appeared.

-I won't ever forget it. Thank you Myungsoo-ah.

And a satisfied smiled was on Myungsoo's lips. That was their first date that he had promised Sungjong before. He had asked Sungjong to spend the last day of the year just with him and it was its last minutes. Thanks to the fireworks he could see the younger smiling so wide and acting as a child that Myungsoo had missed so much. But this didn't last that long when Sungjong remembered the sorrowful fact about them.

-You… Do you really have to go back?

Myungsoo didn't answer. He didn't know what to say. Sungjong's eyes were too innocent and the sad look on his face made Myungsoo's heart heavy.

-Tonight was really amazing. I enjoyed every moment of it. But… I wish you didn't asked me out. How am I supposed to forget it now?

-I don't want you to forget anything.

Sungjong just smiled and turned to watch the rest of the show. He could see every memories, every moments he had spent with Myungsoo though they weren't that much, just by looking at the fireworks. As if the sky was the biggest screen he had ever seen a movie on. A movie that showed the best days of his life with happiest memories after Sungjong's struggling for life. He wondered what would happen if the ending was different. So sad that Sungjong didn't like the movies with a happy ending.

Myungsoo tried his best to ignore the sound of the huge digital clock at the middle of the place which was counting down the last minutes of December 2014.

-Just two minutes left. Myungsoo let's…

-Let's say nothing.

He reached for the younger's hands to face him and locked their fingers holding it on his chest not staring at anything but Sungjong's big and lovely eyes. He knew he would miss them. This made him smile sadly. They closed their eyes as they heard people counting loudly:

-12… 11…

"God, please help me not to forget."

9… 8… 7…

"I'll come back for you some day. I promise."

5… 4…

They hold each other's hands even more tightly. Their hearts beat with three powerful beats.

3… 2… 1!

When every one was cheering happily shouting "happy new year", Myungsoo closed the gap between their lips matching them perfectly and tried to show all his love he hadn't got the chance to show before in that one kiss. Sungjong's lips tingled with anxiety as he kissed Myungsoo back. He wished that moment could last forever for him to have Myungsoo always by his side.

The two opened their eyes and the only thing that left their lips was:

Goodbye

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Sunggyu was helping Mrs. Lee to prepare the table. He put the dishes carefully, not wishing to break some of them again. He didn't touch the hot dishes as he was aware he couldn't bear the heat. Mrs. Lee watched him as she was carrying the plates with a lovely smile.

-I wish I had a daughter as perfect as you Sunggyu-ah.

Sunggyu smiled back shyly and ran his fingers through his hair. He took the plate from Mrs. Lee before saying.

-But you have three handsome and famous sons.

-Yes, that's right. Oh, can you tell Sungyeol to come out to eat? I'll put the plates.

Sunggyu bowed lightly and went to Sungyeol's bedroom. When he was at the door, he first listened and knocked his fingers three times on the wooden door.

-What?

-Come out Sungyeol-ah. Dinner is ready.

He waited to hear Sungyeol's answer but there was nothing so he left to the kitchen. Mr. Lee was already seated at the table and when he noticed Sunggyu's entering he looked up.

-What about Sungyeol?

-He's coming.

The man nodded in understanding and began eating. After five minutes they all heard the tapping sound of Sungyeol's crutches on the floor. He walked in slowly, going to the furthest chair from Sunggyu's which was suppose to be next to his mother. The woman pat his son's head dearly.

-Why didn't you dry your hair? You'll catch a cold.

-No problem Mom. I won't die of just a minor cold.

Said Sungyeol with his blank look at the table. He was trying to lean the crutches against his chair but one of them slipped from his grab and fell on the ground, making Sungyeol to growl under his breath.

-Eat your dinner Son!

Said his father.

-Yes.

And they ate in silent except when Mr. Lee asked.

-Would you like to come to the school tomorrow Sunggyu?

Sunggyu was taken aback.

-Really. Is it okay? I mean I'm not even a teacher like you...

-I think it's okay to spend a day there. You've been staying at home since you came here. You may be bored.

Sunggyu hesitated at first but acted bravely and asked.

-Can Sungyeol come, too?

-I won't.

Sungyeol's sharp words froze Sunggyu at his place. He preferred not to say anything. A month an half staying with Lee family's since the new year was enough for him to know all of them. If he said one more word, Sungyeol would burst of anger, so he decided to stay silent and just eat quietly. He had made the younger angry for many times and he didn't want his luggage to be kicked out of the house again. Sungyeol didn't want him there since the first day but Sunggyu had made his mind to do everything for him. The former basketball player was not used to his new conditions yet. He still couldn't believe that he wasn't able to walk on his legs without those crutches let alone running. Sunggyu had seen him shouting out loud and throwing them at the wall, showing his anger for many times. Sungyeol was so lonely. Sungyeol's teammates left him and even the coach didn't answer his calls. They had just replaced him with Jaeyoung as the captain of KIA. It looked like everyone was doing well without him.

Sungyeol was lonely without Hoya. The two first sons of Lee family used to share a room at their parents' house, always keeping each other's company, but now Hoya was trying hard to earn enough money for Sungyeol's surgery. Sungyeol had heard that Hoya had sold the studio too. All these made him feel like a burden on his family. His parents pretend to be happy, even his strict father who never showed a soft side of himself. Hoya was struggling for him and Sungyeol hadn't got any news of Sungjong recently. He had no friends to talk to either. Now that Sunggyu was there living with them… Sungyeol was totally confused.

After eating, Sungyeol just went back to his room silently. He lay on the bed and picked the book he had tried to read before leaving the room. Honestly, he had just read some random lines and took a look at the printed pictures. Whenever someone entered his room he pretended to read the book passionately as if he was going to discover a new natural rule through it, but actually he didn't even know what the poor book was about. He gave up reading and instead took a paper and pencil to draw. At first he only drew a bundle of ruffled lines but after a few minutes he found his pencil moving on the paper with an aim, so he was busy painting until midnight that he didn't notice the time passing so fast. He always used to draw himself like a manga character when he was a student, he was his own hero. As he was almost done with the sketch, there was a sudden knock on the door that made him fringe and he remembered where he was.

-Sungyeol, are you awake?

As soon as he heard Sunggyu's voice, he put the papers under the bed and turned off the bedside lamp, creeping under the blanket and pretending to be asleep. After a moment the door opened. Sungyeol could hear another sound beside Sunggyu's footsteps. Something like the sound of small luggage wheels against the floor and he was taken aback. What was going on?

-I know you're awake. I didn't expect anything else but please listen to me for a moment.

Sunggyu took a deep breath and sighed it out the way that even Sungyeol could hear it. He turned to the windows as he started.

-It's already one month and half. When I decided to come here, I was too sure to take you back with me someday. I had made my mind to help you as much as I was able to. Help you not to forget yourself, because I understand how precious you are. It's not that I didn't tend to win your heart as well, but… It didn't matter, your life was worth more than anything. Now the more I think, the better I realize I haven't done anything for you, and neither for myself. I had promised myself to be patient, to trust passing the time, but it's childish. I can't force you to do anything. Just useless.

Sungyeol's mind was such a mess and he doubted if he had to keep on ignoring what he was just hearing.

-I said to myself to wait more. But I can see that you don't want me. And you're right. Because I wasn't by your side when you were suffering. I wasn't there to take your hand and comfort you. I was too late. Now it's useless so… I'm leaving. Take care Sungyeol-ah.

Sunggyu turned to the door, sighed again and dragged his luggage behind him as he was leaving the room. Sungyeol was still covering himself with the blanket. He heard the door be opened and closed. He sat up and looked around as if he was searching the place for something. The thought of Sunggyu leaving was hurting him. What would happen if he left? He would go back to Seoul, living his own life, avoiding Sungyeol and… he would forget him so Sungyeol would never get a chance to see him again.

He stood up with shock. His hand was on the wall to keep his balance. He looked through the window and saw Sunggyu putting the luggage on his car's backseat. There was no time. Sungyeol tried to run out of the room but he couldn't. His movements were just slow limpings. He clawed his way to reach the house door. The house was too dark for anyone to see anything but Sungyeol's hand found the right direction to the doorknob and opened it right. Outside the house there wan't anything for him to grab on and he fell on the ground in front of the entrance door. Sunggyu was seated in the car with his hand on the steeringwheel. The only effort Sungyeol could make then was shouting.

-NAM SUNGGYU!

And again louder.

-NAM SUNGGYU! YAH, YOU STUPID NAM SUNGGYU!

Sunggyu turned to the direction of the voice he just heard and saw Sungyeol in that condition. He ran out of the car, his eyes overflowing with concern. He kneeled beside him on the snow covered ground.

-What did you do to yourself? Why are you here?

-To stop you.

Sungyeol was panting heavily between his words.

-I ran… ran to get you… back.

Sunggyu couldn't believe his eyes and ears. What was going on!

-When… did I tell I… don't want you? Stupid… stupid… ah!

The pain in his leg was killing him. Sungyeol tried to stand up but Sunggyu didn't let him. He sat up and leaned against Sunggyu's chest. Still panting, his chest moved up and down in every breath. His bangs were drenched in sweat. When he clenched his fist on Sunggyu's lap, it made the elder so worried.

-Does it hurt too much. Should we go to hospital?

-I didn't mean… to hurt you. I just didn't… want to… get you involved in my… in my…

-I know, I know. Don't talk, just breath.

Sunggyu took off his jacket and put it on Sungyeol's shoulders, wrapping the younger in it.

-You'll be alright Sungyeol. Everything is going to be alright.

-Hyung…

-Yes?

-I won't kick you out again. Don't go. I can't bear this alone.

Sunggyu back-hugged him dearly. He could feel Sungyeol's body shiver in his arms. He hold the younger tighter.

-I'll be by your side. Sorry for not being there with you before.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Staying up, drinking, sitting alone by herself, all she did was thinking. Starring at nothing, she laughed, cried a bit and just breathed. This was killing her. Losing everything at once had made her out of her mind. She sat on the coach with her back against the cushion and pick her cellphone. She was scrolling through the contact list, just looking at names. The light from the screen lit her face that was still wet. She was still doing nothing as she heard the door being open and closed. Dongwoo walked in making a lot of noise... as always.

-Why it's so dark? Yejin-ah, are you asleep?

He stepped carefully in dark to the living room.

-What is it? A surprise party? It's not even my birthday.

And he saw a figure sitting alone with her face lit by a weak light. He wasn't a brave man in dark places but as he recognized the person, he was fine. He turned the lights on and was shocked by what he saw.

-Wow, what is all of it? Did you drink all of them?

Yejin hid her face in the cushion and whined.

-Turn off the lights.

Dongwoo sat on the coach beside her and took off his jacket, putting it on her face.

-You really drink like men. Daebak, there's not even a single drop left. Look at all these bottles!

-Stop it Jang Dongwoo.

She said before leaning on his shoulder.

-Aish~ it's annoying.

-What is annoying?

He wanted to put the jacket aside but his wife was holding it tight and didn't let go. She didn't want him to find she had cried.

-I'm so bored.

-Is it just this? So why don't you go to your friends. I still can't believe you've not left home since we came back from Seoul. It's not like you at all.

-I hate them all. They're all fake.

She sighed and went on wearing a smirk.

-My friends are not like yours. You know... back then, when we were in Seoul, I met your friend at his studio.

-Hoya? You're talking about him?

She nodded.

-He's a character, you know. Honestly saying, I even thought about cheating on you after seeing him.

Dongwoo shot a sudden and carefree laugh, making Yejin confused.

-You don't believe it? But I was really about to cheat on you.

Dongwoo was smiling bitterly. He had already forgotten he had seen his wife's jacket in Hoya's studio. However that didn't matter anymore to him.

-You... you knew it?

Dongwoo's silence was enough for Yejin to get the answer.

-So, why didn't you stay there with him? He would worth it. I've been his friend since the day he was born. Only I know how precious he is.

-He is not. Cause he doesn't like parties like you.

Dongwoo looked at her and found her teary eyes looking at him sorrowfully. He almost expect the next sentences she said.

-Now I've lost everything. Everyone, even you, even Myungsoo, and my job.

Dongwoo patted her hair and wiped her tears away. He was so sure when he said.

-Don't worry Yejin-ah, you're not alone. We are all by your side, because we are your family.

Then he turned to the entrance door and called the person they all had missed so bad.

-Come on Myungsoo!

And so, Myungsoo was finally showing up after months since he had returned to Japan. Appeared with his bright and kind smiled.

 

∞∞∞

 

The story will come to its end soon, not more than two chapters. However I hope you enjoy reading.

Happy Bad 5th win friends. How are you doing with all this happiness?

Love you all.