The Bigining

He's Not A Bad Guy

-Have we packed everything?

-Yes sir.

-I should take a look again.

Dongwoo was so nervous. As he went to the luggages to check them again, his wife grabbed both of his wrists.

-You already checked them before. You're so nervous Jang Dongwoo-ssi. We'll be okay.

A young voice came from the front door.

-C'mon we're going to be late.

-We're coming Myungsoo.

They picked the luggages and left the house. Before closing the entrance door, Yejin looked around the house hopefully. A bright smile was on her beautiful lips. She was thinking about the days they were waiting for.

-Wish us luck. I'm going to lock up our memories in your heart.

She said locking the door. They took a taxi to the airport. All were so excited specially Myungsoo. It was his first time going to Korea. He had spent all his life in Japan although he knew he was originally from Korea. Now that his sister and brother-in-law were moving there, he was leaving with them as a family member and as his sister's assistant.

After a long time working on murder and heirity case as a detective, now Dongwoo was taking a new kind of case that he himself called: an interesting one. His childhood friend in Korea had offered him the case. Yejin also had received an unexpected offer from MBC magazine in Seoul being asked to work as a reporter. The couple considering themselves so lucky they both excepted the offers and made their minds to live in Seoul. There was Myungsoo who was going to be his sister's photographer. They had worked together for years in many Japanese magazines before and Yejin would never leave her only brother alone. They were going to live together in an apartment prepared by Dongwoo's friend.

When they arrived to the airport, Dongwoo went first, being followed by the siblings. He looked around and smiled when noticed someone waving among the crowd.

-Yo man! It's been so long!

-Hey! Look at you! Are the Dongwoo I used to knew at school? You've changed. And it's... a lot.

Dongwoo reached for Yejin's hand. She made a tight ring around his arm. Both smiling happily.

-This is my beautiful wife Yejin.

Then Dongwoo turned to Myungsoo who had been left alone.

-And this handsome man is my brother-in-law.

Myungsoo offered his hand.

-Nice to meet you, I'm Lee Myungsoo.

-Nice to meet you too. My name is Lee Hoya.

They got on Dongwoo's friend's car, heading to the apartment he had prepared for them. On the way the friends were talking, Yejin was taking a nap with her sunglasses on and Myungsoo was busy checking his beloved camera. He felt too cold, but as the sun was shining in the afternoon, he wore his sunglasses as well as his sister.

-So the man is looking for his family?

Said Dongwoo.

-He doesn't any family member when he had been takan to an orphanage. His only family is a younger brother who had been adopted by some people whe he was a child. I personally know this man for years. He's been trying for this case even before I got to know him.

-Are you close?

-He's so close to Sungyeol.

Dongwoo nodded in understanding. He was so excited to work on this case. It would be so new and exciting to him.

-Your wife's so tired. She has been sleeping since we left the airport.

-She is always like that. Sleeping is more useful than vitamins to her.

That was the first words that left Myungsoo's mouth after sitting silently in the car. He looked at the driver through the mirror. He was younger than Dongwoo and he looked so serious. Although the man smiled, but Myungsoo could see he was not an easy man. He was handsome of course, with his hair completely black and his square jaw. Myungsoo could guess he had been working out so passionately.

Their new apartment was a little larger than what Yejin had imagined with four bedrooms that made her cheer happily.

-Thanks Hoya. It looked like Yejin is already in love with the house.

-I see. Now I must leave you. Tomorrow I'll meet you again Dongwoo. And if you need something just call me Yejin-ssi.

-I will. Thank you.

The shook hands before he left the family.

-I really like your friend. Look at the house. There's enough room to work in and have parties.

-No parties Yejin-ssi.

-What? Why?

-We are here to work. We'll move back to Tokyo as soon as we are finished.

-What about my job? I have signed the contract, you remember?

-Of course and it is temporaryly for six month.

Myungsoo who was tired of their fights over the same thing took his stuffs and left to choose the darkest room for himself. The best place for a photographer.

∞∞∞

 

-Hello every one. Welcome to Nam Sunggyu's "Moonlight". It's weekend again. Hope you spend your free time with your families and friends. Leave your concerns behind and be happy even if it's for this two hours with me. As always I have invited a guest for our weekend edition.

Sunggyu was a radio program DJ. His two-hour program, "Moonlight" was so popular amoung young college students. He received so many letters and SNS messages every night. He was Moonlight's MC for almost two years after the former MC Kim Shinyoung finished her carrier.

-Tonight we have Yoon Sang-ssi with us. Hello Yoon Sang-ssi. It's been a long time since I saw you. How have you been?

-Thanks Sunggyu. Happy to see you again.

Sunggyu asked Yoon Sang about his recent album and his new experience of writing songs for a rookie girl groups. At the end of the program Yoon Sang sang his album's title track and also one of his old songs "The Shadow of Parting".

After the recording Sunggyu left the studio while wearing his jacket and trying to make a call.

-Wait Sunggyu hyung!

-Yes Sungjong-ah.

The younger gave him a bunch of papers.

-Here is tomorrow night's script. You won't have any guests tomorrow.

Said Sungjong sleepily. Sunggyu put his phone in his pocket and took the script.

-Wow! You've been working so hard Lee Sungjong writer. Your eyes are begging for some sleep. Take care, you'll get sick.

-I will but Hoya hyung doesn't let me to sleep. He wakes me up so early to work out.

Sungjong was nagging on his brother's rough actions.

-I'm so jealous of you hyung. You're the first child. Being a maknae is not easy at all.

Sunggyu ruffled the younger male's hair who was nagging restlessly but it made him nag more.

-Don't treat me like a child. I may be young, but not a fool.

-Sorry Sungjong-ah. And oh! I was trying to call your brother. He didn't pick up.

-Which one did you call? They're both working till very late tonight.

Sunggyu nodded in understanding.

-Are you in a hurry hyung? I was wondering if you could drive me home.

-Okay let's go.

Sunggyu drove Sungjong to his house and went back home. Sungjong didn't forget to or his big black glasses or everything. Being Sungjong, he was allowed to act as sweet as he wanted but still he kept his manly image by saying "I may be young , but not a fool" or "I'm still a man, you can rely on me." And Sunggyu was aware that he was right. Sungjong was so reliable sometimes. That was the specialty about him.

As Sunggyu unlocked the door, he saw his father coming out of his room with a small bottle of pills.

-Are you still awake father? Shouldn't you go to take mother from the station tomorrow?

-Yes. I'm going to bed. She'd be so angry if I go late. She hates being kept waited alone.

-When does her train get to Seoul?

-At 6 I think.

He went to take the pills and Sunggyu turned to his room. He changed his clothes and took off his glasses. He checked his cellphone once again. No calls or texts from anyone. He was about to call Sungyeol when his phone went off. It was Hoya.

-Yes Hoya.

-Sorry hyung I was suppose to call earlier.

-Doesn't matter. I called Sungyeol to ask about you but he doesn't pick up.

-I'm sure he's busy practicing like crazy. There are some friendly matches this month.

-I see.

-Hyung, the detective I told you about…

Sunggyu was distracted as the door was opened and Woohyun entered the room. He patted on the empty spot beside him for Woohyun to sit and the younger did so.

-Sorry Hoya, can you repeat please? Woohyun just came.

-Today the detective I had told you about came to Korea. I told him about the case and he was so glad to take it.

-Oh really? He excepted the offer?

-Of course. He's a very close friend of mine. When are you free to meet him? I'll make an appointment.

Sunggyu reached for his glasses and put them on to check his to-do list on the desk.

-Let me seee… tomorrow about 5PM and also…

-Five is alright. I'll text you the address later.

-Thanks Hoya. You're a doing me a great favor.

-Oh hyung it's nothing. Goodnight. If I reached Sungyeol, I'll tell him to call you.

-Thanks.

With an excited look in his face, Sunggyu turned to face Woohyun.

-He said the detective is now in Seoul.

-So he is going to take the case?

Sunggyu nodded. Woohyun lied back on the bed and said.

-I knew this would happen. You were worried for nothing.

Sunggyu lied on the bed too closing his eyes hoping that everything would work as it was planned.

-Are you still worried?

-But Woohyun-ah, do you think it's alright? What if I mustn't do it. What if I don't find him?

-Now that you have made the detective come all this way here? Now you're regretting?

Sunggyu opened his eyes to look at the ceiling and then at his brother.

-You're right. I've alredy started it.

∞∞∞∞

 

The ear cracking sound of trainers on the floor could be heard clearly. It was almost 10 hours for practicing but the team was still powerful and alive. The coach was observing them with his hwak-like eyes to check everyone's reaction as they were too tired. He looked at his wristwatch which showed 12:45.

-Just one more quarter guys. Jaeyoung will play at Insu's post. Go on my fighters.

-What about me?

-You should still be in the field Sungyeol-ah.

-But I'm too tired and...

-No more buts. Keep on playing.

The coach shout out and went back on his observing. Sometimes he cheered happily seeing how smart can his team be, sometimes he shout at them angrily. After working for 5 years with them and being a basketball coach for almost half of his life, he knew the exact situation the they were in an he was proud of them.

-Okay that's enough for today. The van is outside to take you home and don't forget to take a hot shower tonight. See you on Sunday.

 

The young men left the basketball field for the lockers to change. Sungyeol sat on the little bench for a minute closing his eyes and stretching his muscles.

-Good job captain. You worked so hard to play in all quarters today.

-I feel like a dead meat Jaeyoung. Will I be able to walk on my legs again?

-You'll be fine by tomorrow.

Said his friend throwing Sungyeol's backpack at him. Sungyeol took his cellphone but the next moment was so much shocked. About 20 miss calls from Sunggyu and 5 from Hoya. He was worried. Was something happened to his parents? Or maybe to Sungjong or Sunggyu himself. As most of the calls were from Sunggyu, he immediately dialed Sunggyu's number. After many nerve-cracking beeps a sleepy voice was heard.

-Yes?

-Yah, Nam Sunggyu! Why are you answering so late? Has something bad happened to you? Or your family? My family? Is Sungjong bothering you again? Is Hoya hyung missing? What about Woohyun, is he alive? Did you have an accident? Is your injuries that bad?

He wanted to continue asking other probable questions but he was lacking air.

-Are you done asking stupid questions?

Said Sunggyu now completely awake.

-Yes, done. Tell me why did you call me for several times?

-I was worried coz you didn't answer any of them. I was worried and I also wanted to ask you about Hoya but he himself called.

-Ah~ sorry. I was practicing the whole time. I hadn't told you about the matches.

-It's okay. Are you tired?

-You know I'm not. These practices are a part of my life. I'm heading back to home now.

-I'll hang up or you will miss the van. Take a good rest captain LEE!

-I will.

-Take care.

-You too, Nam Sunggyu-ssi.

 

 

 

Hi chingus!

I'm adding it a little later than posting this chapter.

Just to say I'd be so glad if you comment and share your words with me so that I know how I did. Hope you enjoy it.

Love love ♥